[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleepless Domain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: sleepless.png (1 MB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
sleepless.png
1 MB, 800x1227
http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

I don't normally into Webcomics but this magical girl one is pretty cool, and it's just come back from hiatus. There's only two chapters so far but it's starting chapter 3, if you wanna read it start from the link above because the page on the website ruins a few twists.

So yeah, anyone else reading this?
>>
I am, I suppose. Though since it's still a bit new compared to other webcomics I read I haven't gotten into it yet.

It could change though. I've got some hopes, especially after it threw a curveball like killing off three characters. I didn't think it would go that route.
>>
Just read what's up so far, and it looks pretty interesting. I'm a sucker for magical girl shit in general, whatever it's the usual Pretty Cure or stuff like Madoka, so I'm definitely going to check back for the next update.
>>
>>77865464

Yeah, and it looks like pink is out of action too so blue's going to have to make a new team or something.
>>
>>77865353
I was surprised those three were actually killed off, I thought the healing spell was meant for all of them.
>>
>>77866112
>>77866420
I think it is implied the leader fused them all into one body. Making blue a swiss army knife with multiple personalities or at least their powers, but who knows.
>>
>>77866492

How do you figure that?
>>
>>77865353
Feels more like you advertise your webcomic here.
Maybe add more art, maybe like sketches or character drawings, to avoid this.
Or use the thread >>77839263 created for webcomics.
>>
>>77866796

It's not my webcomic.
>>
The art feels really familiar. Like that webcomic Olympus Overdrive (did that ever continue or was that canned)
>>
>>77866492
I think that Tessa lost her powers trying to save Udine. The character in the hospital bed is definitly Tessa, but her pink is gone so I'm assuming that's what happened. Other three are rip though.
>>
>>77865353
Your webcomic looks okay, but I'm not really into lolishit.
>>
>>77865353
I like it more than Kiwi Blitz which always handled serious stuff kind of awkwardly. Even though they kind of cheated death already the fights feel more dangerous.

>>77866809
The art was by the same guy, but he dipped out of the project so now Mary is drawing it herself.
>>
>>77866806
I wrote "feels like"
And you should avoid this, to get maybe a better discussion here.
>>
>>77866809
>>77866903
Its never a good sign comics go on hiatus then lose the artist, then take weeks to update.

And it is never the ugly looking comics, always the high quality looking ones.
>>
>>77866934
Probably not, but the Olympus Overdrive guy tended to update at a snails pace with his own comic anyway so this might be more on him then her. Still, three running webcomics isn't great for regular updates.
>>
>>77866558
>>77866857
"Sleepless Domain"

Domain = one person

Sleepless = multiple personalities taking turns while the others rest. Forever awake. Sleepless.

Just a thought. I'm sure it is something completely different, but whatever.
>>
>>77867598

That might be cool, good idea. I was just thinking that the town is the sleepless domain because the heroes are up at night fighting monsters or something.
>>
>>77865353
2 many minorities
>>
>>77866420
The way they were killed was really disappointing. I was expecting it to be way darker.
>>
>>77868112
It was really sudden, but I think the author intended that. Sort of a "one wrong move" thing. That said I didn't think that monster's powers were very well-explained and they could have put up more of a fight.
>>
ripping off popular designs for your MC isn't a good idea. I mean, Ariel is too easy to recognize. Next time trace weebshit nobody knows about, like Bleach or One Piece.
>>
>>77866903
>>77866934

ok, that makes sense. I liked his art but damn he cant commit to shit, even if he does have a good reason (this time at least).

Mary Cagle doing 3 comics and teaching? to be honest, I dont think this comic will last. sucks because I like the progress so far
>>
>>77868695

She says she put it on haitus til now so that she could build up a buffer of content and make sure she could do this first, so at least she's trying.
>>
>>77868559
Looked like the monster lifted them up and smashed them onto the ground just once but it was strong enough to kill
>>
>>77867001
I don't read it, but isn't Kiwi Blitz wrapping up or entering it's final arc or something? That could free up some time for this and Let's Speak English.
>>
>>77865353
Everything looks like it's made of plastic and is incredibly stiff, terrible aux-anime style.
>>
Not bad. I'll put it on a tentative read list.
>>
>>77870810
It looks better now that Mary is drawing it. I agree that figures drawn by the Olympus Overdrive guy all have a weird plastic doll look to them, to the point that it's kinda unsettling.
>>
I like Mary Cagle. Let's Speak English and Kiwi Blitz are fun.

I have no idea what to think of this because it's seriously just Madoka.
>>
File: 1212115415115.jpg (21 KB, 112x124) Image search: [Google]
1212115415115.jpg
21 KB, 112x124
>>77865353

>I don't normally into Webcomics but this magical girl one is pretty cool.

Another Hiveworks comic, Seriously. Fuck off, Hibeworks.
>>
Aw man. Of course it stops just as it's getting good. Thanks for posting about this, OP. Not what I usually would have picked up (I'm pretty much done with Madoka clones at this point) but that twist came pretty early on, so I guess the real story is starting now?
>>
>>77870594
Kiwi is nowhere near done and the artist is putting it occasional hiatus to support Sleepless.

I swear its like no other artist exist on the entire planet.
>>
>>77875539
I thought that rawgyle person was doing pencils for Kiwi now?
>>
>>77873813

I think it'll depend on how this chapter turns out.
>>
>>77874454
Your webcomic got rejected by them, huh?
>>
>>77865353
is this the same webcomic about greek gods coming down to earth for a contest or something and Hades got paired up some gay black kid
>>
>>77883797

Nope.
>>
>>77883797
Nope, that's this: http://www.olympusoverdrive.com/

Hasn't been updated in a year and change. Guy said he would update Tues and Thurs. then nothing. Clearly someone is paying for the web host, so wtf?
>>
Looks like the other members will just come back as monsterized/dark versions for more suffering.
>>
>>77869106
I think, given the monster's design, there was the implication that they're being slammed with the same force of a falling elevator so that would be pretty nasty.
>>
I expected them to die but not so soon. I didn't feel attachment for anyone on the team except for the fire one anyway. I think it would have been more interesting if the "cause" of everyone else's death was the sole survivor instead of the bland peace maker.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.