[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's Your Webcomic? #215
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114
File: How Now Brown Cow.jpg (423 KB, 750x749) Image search: [Google]
How Now Brown Cow.jpg
423 KB, 750x749
Price-Gouging Edition

>Post ideas, art, comics you've done
>Share your website/portfolio
>Ask for critique, information, or advice on writing or drawing
>Practice
>Practice Practicing
>>
remember do reply to bones
>>
File: 1446171242898[1].png (825 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
1446171242898[1].png
825 KB, 612x792
Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag

Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

>*-Let’s start of the list with a useful guide for PANEL LAYOUT:
http://innerspace.notonigon.com/?p=8

>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
http://www.myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
http://artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
http://www.quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
PEOPLE: http://senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: http://www.shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
http://www.pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>*-Finally, here are some links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: https://www.tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: http://pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>*-Here’s the contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>*-We also got a SKYPE CHAT room going on, it’s rather active too, and no you don’t have to worry about video or voice chat, it’s all typing.
To join the chat, seek out 'scribblehatch' or 'starlinemike' and they'll add you in.

Wise words from John Cleese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qby0ed4aVpo

Invisible Ink:
http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf

http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf

http://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

Paper Wings

http://chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/

https://web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

Comic Script: Plot to Outline

http://rocketbot.com/tutorials/626/writing-a-comic-script-from-plot-to-outline-to-final-draft
>>
Neat, when you copy from the archive, you don't have that problem of having to re-copy the URL of everything that embeds with the extension
>>
File: 20151201.jpg (744 KB, 900x2118) Image search: [Google]
20151201.jpg
744 KB, 900x2118
that's not actually a pun groan, that's his stomach growling because he's reminded of pork!
>>
File: Redesign 2.png (54 KB, 425x407) Image search: [Google]
Redesign 2.png
54 KB, 425x407
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76anRLvSKHA

Nice try bones.
>>
Hey there /hyw/, quick question from a person who has never comic'd but is intent on trying to make one.

How would you advise making subject matter that's typically grimdark edgy territory lighthearted and humorous.
Say, for instance, the four horsemen of the apocalypse are core allies to your comic's MC. Beyond making their roles ironic (Death has never even killed a guy, etc), what are ways you can separate yourself from the hordes of misunderstood teenagers? Or should you just ignore the ingrained cultural aspect and deal with the fallout when Pestilence and Famine going on a grocery run turns into an episode of Naruto?
>>
File: THE COMIC 3.png (55 KB, 1247x673) Image search: [Google]
THE COMIC 3.png
55 KB, 1247x673
Sorry, I will put in dialogue tomorrow.

And I going to show you the plot of the chapter for tomorrow.
>>
>>77839982

Another note, Thank you proofreading anon.

You are the best.
>>
>>77839876
I know this is passing the buck, but I would say you should read authors who have done that very same thing in good ways. Like Gaiman has done that hasn't he? Hell there's TONS of humorous Deaths
You just have to listen to ol' Cleese up there and his speech about how nothing is so serious and solemn that humor should be forbidden from it. humor's the lifeblood of creativity. You just have to start looking at it from a different perspective. Is Famine himself hungry, or is he always taking food off of other people's plates? What's their actual job, who's their boss? what's it like working for them? That kinda stuff. The simplest parts of life can be an ironic wellspring of dry humor
>>
>>77839876
In that particular instance I see little problem since nobody ever talks about the four horsemen of the apocalypse, but I get you. People infer connotations.. You just have to divorce them of those quickly and immediately, like Billy and Mandy did with the grim reaper, or JTHM did with the titular homicidal maniac. Tone is something you can spread around like jam and make sure it's dripping with it, so nobody thinks they're eating a steak.
>>
>>77839876
That you even have to ask is a bad omen for your future work. If you don't want them to be grimdark, don't make them cool. Nobody would care about Sasuke if he was ugly, clumsy, and stuttered.
>>
>>77840003
I try.
Btw this isn't a typo, but your q is shaped very oddly there. It shouldn't have that upper stem
>>
File: slammy.png (144 KB, 560x377) Image search: [Google]
slammy.png
144 KB, 560x377
He's a big guy.
>>
>>77840050

I don't know, Can you draw me for me?

I don't know what you mean.
>>
File: temp.png (34 KB, 850x550) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
34 KB, 850x550
>>77840112
maybe like this?
>>
>>77840205

Are you Canadian?

Never mind, He make me laugh anyway.
>>
File: Redesign 2.png (13 KB, 455x632) Image search: [Google]
Redesign 2.png
13 KB, 455x632
>>77840361
Also here is my doodle
>>
>Dewd has his own thread and there's 11 different posters

Well I'll be damned.
>>
>look for some references of stylish, traditional hairdos for older women
>all google has to show are tons of washed up stars and other entertainers desperately trying to look like they're still in their 30s
>half of the results aren't even of old women in the first place
Jesus, the modern culture is digusting.
>>
>>77839876
Make them cute girls.
>>
>>77841882
>all I have to do is plop what I want to see in the magic box and all will be revealed to me by [corporate] and that's all the effort I need for the day
No Anon, you are the modern culture.
>>
File: inks.png (744 KB, 869x600) Image search: [Google]
inks.png
744 KB, 869x600
Hi guys. I'm laaaaate, but there's today's inks!
Coloring/lettering them ATM.
>>
>>77842364
I think you're confusing technological advancement with fashion and lifestyle trends. Now that I know you're stupid, I don't need to reply to you any further. You can have a final word if that makes you feel better about your idiocy.
>>
>>77841816

Goes to show what being persistent will get you. The dude has posted his shit on /co/ every day for like a year at least.
>>
"...but I've got one thing you really have to / need to see!"

Which one is better?
>>
>>77843537
What's the context?
>>
File: txt1.png (175 KB, 713x302) Image search: [Google]
txt1.png
175 KB, 713x302
>>77843579
>>
>>77843612
I think "have to see" sounds better here; she's trying to sell him on how great this thing is, rather than it being something urgent or important.
>>
File: Merle.jpg (157 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Merle.jpg
157 KB, 1024x1365
>>
>>77843612

I like "need to" more. Flows better in my opinion.
>>
>>77843612
I'm going to vote "need to" as well, as it does flow better than "have to", and she strikes me as the sort that would upgrade a "have to" (this thing is great) to a "need to" (this thing is vital for your continued existence).

You could also probably widen the speech balloons a little, especially #3. #2 could be re-positioned so it's either not touching the old man at all, or overlapping him a little more. At the moment it's kind of making a tangent with his shoulder and back.
>>
File: AF Sketches 5.png (222 KB, 738x783) Image search: [Google]
AF Sketches 5.png
222 KB, 738x783
Why is HYW 11¢ now?

Also some updates on Lucia's design and a comparision in height and color with Jaime. I'm still not happy with the gauntlet or sword. Gave Lucia puffy pants now to differ from Jaime's slim jeans.
I'm also trying to simplify the forms and details as much as possible. This will make it easier to draw in the comic later.

>>77842607
Ha! Your traditional inks look really good, man!

>>77843825
Angle? Looks good from what I can tell, but you better show like, I don't know, the whole page and from above, maybe?
>>
>>77844113
This looks really neat. Do you have a tumblr? Skype?
>>
>>77844098
At this point I have rasterized the layer with "have to", I guessed it was pretty much interchangeable.

The image was a WIP so I had not touched the balloons' placement yet. I generally try to avoid tangents and I give space to the text as much as I can. The fact I'm not really making plans to fit the balloons in the picture (aside of "this balloon goes here") sometimes I end up having to overlap things a bit (like in panel 2 of the first page).
>>
File: Page 13.png (217 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Page 13.png
217 KB, 400x400
The previous comment sounded annoyed, I was just typing in a hurry 'cause I really want to get this finished. I've been at it for 6 hours in a row now.

As soon as I manage to put the pages out in a comfortable manner without being late on deadlines I'm going to start another little webcomic and it's going to be B&W.
Rigorously B&W.
>>
>>77844490
http://aeon-frontier.tumblr.com/

I haven't uploaded anything yet. I still don't understand the concept of tumblr, haha.

And yeah, you can write me on Skype anytime. I just don't want to post my Skype name here. You can either give me yours and I add you, or you join the "Webcomic Lounge" Skype chat (in OP) and ask for the guy who's working on Aeon Frontier.

>>77844922
So you do traditional inks and color with a graphic program on your computer? I never knew this was possible, cool! Also good to see that you're getting more loose with your panel structures since a few pages. Fits better for a comic focusing on narrative rather than gags in my opinion.
>>
>>77841882
It's not like what you were looking for is any less disgusting
>>
>>77843612
Fuck, i would say 'gotta'
also she's a cute
>>
>>77844113
Price went up, yo. Inflation.

speaking of inflation, I dig the puffy pants. but I would have them go below the knee, and shorten the boots accordingly.. there's just something unsatisfying about something that's puffy above the knee and then skinny below.. looks.. unsettling slightly. Everything else about this outfit I freaking adore. Yeah okay the gauntlet is a bit 'sports equipment' because it looks ergonomic and unthreatening, I'd rather it have more of an armored plate look.. something with a rim around the edge. maybe look up shields and reshape one into a gauntlet shape. as for the sword, can't say without seeing the rest of it, but it looks fine. Kudos on the double belt. took me forever to realize you need one of those especially on a lady
>>
>>77845040
Check your tumblr dashboard. Refresh if it doesn't show up immediately.
>>
File: AF Sketches 6.png (182 KB, 736x618) Image search: [Google]
AF Sketches 6.png
182 KB, 736x618
>>77845097
Thanks for the input! Tried to apply!

>>77845158
Dude, you're funny. I got you in Skype already!
>>
>>77845040
I'm still looking forward to seeing your comic! I've added you on Tumblr for now.

And yeah I do all that I can in traditional because I don't like the results in digital and I HATE drawing on a tablet, it takes all the pleasure of drawing away. If I had a scanner capable of picking up watercolors I'd probably avoid digital colors as well.

It's really easy to isolate the inks digitally if you use a lightbox for tracing instead of going over the pencils (which is a disaster waiting to happen).

The panel structure definitely needed to go. I wanted to do something very basic and simple but the 4-koma format was really getting in the way. I still don't really understand very well how to use open panels besides establishing shots.

Also while I'm having dinner I've deleted the old blog and transferred all the stuff to my primary blog on Tumblr, so I don't have to make weird switcharoo shenanigans again
>>
>>77845442
Oh interesting. I love the new gauntlet! Though I kinda miss the little bend it had at the top, you could possibly put that back in. But the important thing is now it seems more armory and less like padding, nicely done
i actually meant somewhere in between the knee-length and ankle-length you have with the pants (like calf length?), and I would keep the old crotch, it looks a lot better for mobility.
So basically mix these two designs and you have it PERFECT my good man
>>
File: 120115.png (452 KB, 792x684) Image search: [Google]
120115.png
452 KB, 792x684
>>
>>77846142
Not bad.
>>
>>77845808
Yep! Added you as well.

As for drawing linework traditionally - Lightbox, of course! With that Scan quality it doesn't really make a difference to digital linework and since you enjoy traditional more, I'd definitely keep it that way. Tho drawing digital can be a lot of fun as well. (Especially for concepts I like working digital, because it's easy to change stuff and compare concepts)

>>77845991
Well, I'm sure it's a step in the right direction. I'll try it out later. I just want to keep things open. I'm really reluctant with deciding for a final design for her, since she's the main character, but at the same time I know I should already finish the chapter 1 designs...

How long do/ did you guys here in /hyw/ worked out your concepts/ script/ etc before you started?

I want to get started as soon as possible, but somehow I feel like I probably will not be able to do that. Thoughts like: "I should flesh out the story/ characters/ world/ designs more before I start" or "I should spent more time practising/ I don't think I'm good enough yet" etc. etc. (Though I feel like the latter is probably the wrong way to approach it - after all you can start your webcomic and still spent time practising and get better with the progress of the webcomic; for the writing however, I feel like it is indeed essential to give yourself time to write something really good; not only for the chapter itself, but also something that fits in the overall narrative)
>>
>>77847761
what i did is just sketched up the characters when i felt like it, whenever the mood hit me... which was once in a while.. trying to do it from memory
i drew them all on paper then i tried doing them all digitally later, and then i looked at the differences between the two. those became like, the big decisions. i found one character I wasn't keeping her eyes the same color, so I had to pick
>>
File: Merle Tank.jpg (192 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Merle Tank.jpg
192 KB, 1024x1365
>>77843825

>>77844113
The artist likes to take kind of dynamically angled progress shots (they also go on Twitter).
>>
Manga Studio crashed while saving.
While saving the page
I have to start over
I want to cry
>>
Please tell me there's a temp folder I can look into to recover whatever was in there before it crashed
>>
File: barney.png (161 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
barney.png
161 KB, 500x375
>>77849860
>>
>>77849792
This is my greatest fear.
>>
>>77849792
did it save a garbled up image file? because sometimes you can open that shit in ms paint and it fixes it
>>
File: hopes and dreams.png (306 KB, 544x592) Image search: [Google]
hopes and dreams.png
306 KB, 544x592
>>77849908
>>77850020
It's not like I didn't save
I save so many times
I click SAVE so I could finish the other one
It started saving
halfway into the progress bar Manga Studio disappears
I'm like whut, why did it close
I check the file
the file didn't make it

I'm not even angry, just devastated.
I'm going to sleep.

After these two pages I'm making the comic in watercolors.
>>
>>77850075
There's no file anymore. Also it was a .lip so I doubt I could open in in any other program
I'm trying to see if there's a temp file somewhere
>>
>>77850122
Do you know how much memory MS was using when it crashed? That program can be an insane memory hog if you let it run away from you.
>>
File: giphy.gif (498 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
498 KB, 400x300
>>77850192
> There's a folder in \Documents\Smith Micro\Manga StudioData\DocumentBackup
> DocumentBackup
> YESSS YESSSSSS THE GODS SMILE UPON ME
> There's a file titled Page13
> heart explodes with joy
> I open it
> it's from 6 hours ago

Goodnight everyone.
>>
>>77850365
>not saving regularly

your own fault
>>
>>77850365
Hey man, it's better than nothing.
>>
Last post, please don't ban me

>>77850256
Yes that's the problem. I notice when it starts lagging and this is why I save a lot 'cause I'm scared it will crash, there's a serious memory leak with the program and my computer is very old. Right now it started lagging so I decided to save again for good measure.
>>
>>77850122
well, now i'm glad i never started using THAT program
this happened to me a long while back because my computer was such shit it would crash in the middle of saving, but that was using my old program which wasnt even really meant for doing more than touching up photos anyway..
>>77850192
the file just disappeared??
>>77850256
seriously? I've heard it's not a memory hog at all, which is why it's better than PS, which is a maassssive one
>>77850365
better'n nothin. surprised that exists
>>
>>77850451
You've gotta keep a hawk's eye on its memory usage, not just when it starts lagging.
>>
>>77850394
read the other posts
feel shame
>>
>>77839876

You have to risk what you're talking about, embarrassing sincerity, to make anything good. If your work is coming from fear of how you'll be received, or mechanical what-will-people-like construction, instead of a deep passion about your subject matter, a commitment to representing it truly, then it's going to be just mediocre.
>>
>>77850522
and do what?
god dammit why do programs do this.. firefox, fix your shit
>>
>>77850685
Save and restart the program when its memory usage gets above a certain threshold determined by you to be too high.
>>
>>77850532
I did. He crashed while saving. Except he should have been saving every few minutes instead of hours apart.
>>
>>77850761
jesus. why cant it just have a built in module to dump its memory
>>77850825
he had been saving every few minutes, right?
>>
>>77851165
last stable copy was six hours ago, so apparently not
>>
>>77851323
i took that to mean 'it somehow has a copy from incredibly long ago, but not remotely close to the last time i saved'
if it saves every last save when this happens then that's no big deal
>>
Can someone recommend me a good graphics tablet for basic webcomics? I always did all my things on paper, but I think it's now time to move on. I don't know much about those tablets, so I'd like to hear some opinions too if anyone's kind enough to tell.

Also I'm a poor college student but I don't want Chinese shit like Huion
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (184 KB, 823x421) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
184 KB, 823x421
>>77839982
>Finish with work and junk.
>Don't know what to write in comic.

Goddamn it, writer block.
>>
>>77852528
>>>/gd/
>>
>>77852738
I got banned two weeks ago for posting it there because it supposedly wasn't gd related enough, also everybody told me to go here, and I generally just use /co/ for Adventure Time.
>>
>>77852768
>>>/s4s/
>>
File: 1447588580460.png (284 KB, 951x805) Image search: [Google]
1447588580460.png
284 KB, 951x805
>>77852816
Well, fuck you too
>>
Has anyone here ever been working on a page and it just seems like the page is cursed and working on it is a truly hellish experience after which "thank god it's over" is the understatement of the century?
>>
>>77852528
Wacom are the go-to brand for graphics tablets, but depending which one you get, you'll end up an even poorer college student.
Of the current range, the Intuos Draw seems to be the starter tablet, at $70.

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/store/pen-tablets
>>
>>77853091
Thanks anon. I have around $100 to spend on, and there seem to be several tablets with that price. Does it matter a lot which one I take or can you recommend me one?
I suppose the Intuos Comic is what I probably should buy, but it happens quite a lot that products aimed at other art styles fit it better than the ones supposedly aimed at your branch.
>>
>>77853184
Everything I know about the current range I learned a few minutes ago to answer your question. As far as I can tell, some of the basic Intuos models have software bundled with them e.g. Manga comes with Manga Studio Debut 4, but are otherwise identical in the tech specifications.

Check each listing carefully and do a full compare and contrast, but I suspect you may be best off just getting the absolute basic model and getting your own software (of which there are plenty of free or low cost alternatives suitable for making comics).

Your next goal would be to save towards an Intuos Pro Medium. The ultimate goal is to acquire a Cintiq.
>>
>>77853486
>Cintiq
Can't take it seriously after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0dH4P0jHJA
>>
>>77853522
>>
>>77852528
>don't want chinese shit
that's basically all there is now, as far as i know. I always endorse monoprice.
mfw i just realized someday they will stop selling 4:3 tablets and i will have to wonder how the fuck a 16:9 one works mapped to my 4:3 monitor
>>
>>77853486
Thanks for the advice. I might come later again to ask about good comic software, as I'm a total noob with this shit.

>>77853788
Wacom is Japanese afaik, so there's still an alternative at the moment desu senpai
>>
>>77852915
>>77852571
shudder. i remember these problems. i guess they just solved themselves somehow
>>
>>77853091
I personally use a Monoprice Tablet. The 10x6 one cost me less than 50 and has more sensitivity than a Wacom of the same size. You can buy it from Amazon.
>>
>>77853696
>urge to rob rising
it would be showing MERCY to that machine
>>
Does anyone know the name or have the link of Scandinavian Princess's comic?

I've been trying to find it
>>
>>77856255

Hjordson.
>>
>>77856255
We need a better, more concise list of the comics created by posters of this thread. The Google Doc is really long and annoying. Something like a Pastebin?
>>
>>77856296
Fjordson
>>77856349
the problem is people arrive, people leave, it would become out of date instantly
>>
>>77856428
Just like the Google Doc.
>>
>>77856467
yeah but at least that's all of our faults
>>
>>77856296
>>77856428

thank you, much appreciated

>>77856349
>>77856467
>>77856887

A google doc would be handy. Even if people leave, you can just update the doc saying these anons are ded or are on hiatus
>>
>>77856349
Maybe just a running list in or just after the OP.

How about everybody who posted a new page gets their title mentioned in a post in the next thread? That would also help people who missed a thread.
>>
>>77856959
that's a lot of work
>>77856953
we have a google doc
>>
>>77856953
We have a Google Doc. That's what I'm complaining about in >>77856349
>>
File: 1394243911081.gif (498 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1394243911081.gif
498 KB, 450x337
>6 days have passed since I approved a sketch and haven't seen the finished page
>not the first time this has happened.

Welp, time to start looking for a new comic artist. Luckily I have been steadily building up a pool of possible replacements. It's a shame that all my artists are busy because I'd kill for one that could dedicate most of their time to working for me. Of course they'd be paid for all the work but sometimes I feel like I'm practically begging to give them more money.
>>
>>77857970
Id help anon, but i've already got piles of storyboards to finish. Good luck though!
>>
>>77839263

I want to make my comic, but everything just feels so far away.
>>
>>77858408
This gimmick of yours is really tiring.
>>
File: DO-IT.gif (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
DO-IT.gif
2 MB, 480x480
>>77858378

Yes, I need to find people to take my money. At least I'm making passive income from ads. After using $100 from my bonus to advertise on other sites.

>>77858408

I want you to look at this image for an hour and not blink.
>>
>>77858597
>anon makes a shia leboeuf comic
>>
File: stats.jpg (347 KB, 1441x993) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
347 KB, 1441x993
Stats time!

So after the ridiculous success (and spending) advertising on Project Wonderful, things have died down quite a bit and I'm currently pulling in about $2.30 a day in ads and I've stopped paying for ads. I will now explore free ways to advertise as PW becomes passive income.

Everything has died down considerably but as you can see I've made considerable gains compared to before.

Not to mention my Hub Traffic affiliate program is netting some change here and there. I'm at $1.98 but it's a nice bonus to posting hentai videos on the site.
>>
File: p121x.png (359 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
p121x.png
359 KB, 800x1200
belongingtonobody.tumblr.com
>>
>>77860182

Oooh, action and danger!
>>
File: stats1.png (26 KB, 1151x290) Image search: [Google]
stats1.png
26 KB, 1151x290
>>77859793
>>
>>77860182
whoa, now.. are those sparkles his countermeasures? some kind of space chaff?
>>
>>77860363
Yup. More to follow.
>>
>>77860243

Nice progression! I'm assuming the spikes are update days? How's your fanbase so far? Do you get comments?

I don't get many comments.
>>
I'm considering starting up a web comic with traditional drawing techniques, like pic related.

excuse the "le internet" speak this was about 3 years ago
>>
File: THE COMIC 3.png (67 KB, 1247x673) Image search: [Google]
THE COMIC 3.png
67 KB, 1247x673
>>77839982
Done.
>>
>>77860533
nothing wrong with the occasional lol
calling someone your steed is the kind of insult i wish i'd thought of
hatching balloons.. is weird. i feel like i should hate it, but can't
>>
>>77860533

I like it! The speech balloons in the first panel could be placed better. At first I didn't even realize the second balloon was the other guy talking.
>>
>>77860717
lowercase 'n' on now
I'm going, not I going
I can't read them, not it
flashlight is usually one word in english
is it really OUR rubber suit? they both own it?

also, the first bit of dialogue, is he actually saying "Great, now how am I going to read my comics tomorrow?" ? like suggesting the power outage will prevent him from reading them tomorrow?
>>
>>77860717
>[Zzzt]
>Great. Power's out. Now I can't read my comic.
>Here comes Mike with a flashlight. I guess he'll go and fix it.
>Then he tells me to get the rubber suit? Wait a minute, why do I have to do it?

My advice is add some character to the narration. Make it sound like we're reading the thoughts of someone as it's happening to give it some flavor.

Also, why would you need a rubber suit to the fix the power?
>>
How do you deal with being to self-conscious that you're terrible? I see all those people with a level probably more terrible than me still doing their comic and I'm really envious. Maybe I'm just not cut for it, which is strange because sometimes I really find moments of intense pleasure drawing...but I'm depressive so maybe it's just that
>>
>>77861061
git gud
>>
File: GNrvmCw[1].gif (1 MB, 503x394) Image search: [Google]
GNrvmCw[1].gif
1 MB, 503x394
>>77861061

If you do it you might get better. If you don't you'll stay terrible. So the logical thing is to DO IT!
>>
>>77861061
accept that you're terrible
look at all the other terrible people making it
accept that you probably won't make it
do your comic anyway because it makes you happy
>>
>>77861132
Just noticed he has a pony tail
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (27 KB, 537x666) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
27 KB, 537x666
>>77861025
>Also, why would you need a rubber suit to the fix the power?

Their energy works different in our world. Electric rocks that could power the city for years. If you have rubber suit and shake it for few minutes. You could power a house for a year.

Also SPOILERS!
>>
>>77861217
and here I thought it was to insulate yourself from a shock.. so it's some kind of static thing? neat. hyper-amber or something.
>>
>>77861241
you may be a drunkbaby and a whiteguilt milquetoast.. uh.. get me some motherfuckin lasagna
anyway, you still brought up a valid concern lots of people have, and you may have helped someone who was too scared to bring it up. so good for you, Jon.
>>
File: super-sexy-page-0008-preview.jpg (260 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
super-sexy-page-0008-preview.jpg
260 KB, 1000x600
New page of Super Sexy is up!

I think I can get away with this.
>>
>>77861361
post the full version of dat fucker on the aco thread
>>
>>77861314
Yeah...but I suppose real artists just DO IT instead of thinking, that's the main difference. It's all about focusing my mind and changing my spirit.
Maybe some art buddy would help me but I'm so terrible I'd have to ask 12 year old critiques...
>>
>>77861399
real CRAFTSMEN do it instead of thinking. real artists are ear-cutting drunks who aren't fit to mingle with the sane populace. you're in good company.
we'll all help you out, you don't have to blubber and denigrate yourself. just don't puss out if someone gives you a suggestion you don't like, and you tell them that, and they get hostile atchu.. because as mentioned before: nutters. all of us.
>>
>>77861392

Just posted last week's. It's a shrewd thing to do but I can't post the new stuff anywhere else just yet. Previews and previous pages offers incentive to visit the site.
>>
File: 071.jpg (338 KB, 1040x520) Image search: [Google]
071.jpg
338 KB, 1040x520
This one's not funny so I'm expecting the worst.
>>
>>77861646

There's nothing wrong with a little heart from time to time. I know VGCats isn't the best gag comic but when it does those nice feelsy comics, it always delivers. And those are actually its best strips.
>>
>>77861646
It's probably not about being funny so it's ok. Your first panel doesn't work tho, something's off but I can't tell what
>>
File: Recycle picture.jpg (47 KB, 420x768) Image search: [Google]
Recycle picture.jpg
47 KB, 420x768
>>77860878

Thank you, Proofreading anon. If I become famous, I will give you internet money.

>>77861298

I didn't plan out their history. I was going to used them as a plot device or weapons from the main character arsenal.
>>
>>77861646
you know i've been thinking lately you need like, one more panel per strip to really get the timing of stuff perfect. i'd be willing to give up an update a week for that.
but yeah it's hard sometimes when you wanna add some heart in a comedy strip.. what do you do, just add a mindless gag at the end? that's what I usually do.. meh.
>>77861702
possibly how she's staring straight ahead? or how you cant see the rear passengers
>>
>>77861703
desu I was just proofreading, but >>77861025 did a better copyediting job. The question is whether his changes actually correspond to your intended meaning.. as a copyeditor myself I try not to secondguess without the person there to talk to, unless it's some idiot like a car dealer and they dont care what i interpret as long as it's positive towards the car.
>>
>>77861702
Maybe it's the straight-on view? Now that I'm looking at it I probably could've done a 3/4ths view to match up with the last panel.
>>
>>77861757

I really like it!

I guess, I'll put it in the comic!
>>
>>77860499
No, the spikes are just random noise. My fanbase is non-existent. The green percentage increases are a meaningless artifact. I get no comments.
>>
>>77861928

What's your comic?
>>
>>77856255
www.fjordsoncomic.com/
>>
Do you guys get comments on every page you post? What is a normal amount to get?
>>
File: Redesign 2.png (27 KB, 655x658) Image search: [Google]
Redesign 2.png
27 KB, 655x658
Thow-away OC character. (too steven universe)

You can give her name or something.
>>
>>77863203
I usually get at least one comment per strip.

Its from one really dedicated fan though. Love seeing that guy.
>>
>>77852915
Not recently.
Unless it's something I've never tried before, like a battle scene or something, I generally don't encounter this problem much

>>77863247
Same here

>>77856428
Yeah that's the issue.
People are always comming and going; since many here are hobbyists there's often a hiatus, some of the super popular artists might have just posted once or twice...
I mean, a picture of active /co/ webcomics would be great, but it's not something that updates itself automatically
>>
>>77863702
You'd have to have someone who kept up with the document regularly.

I think to keep it from getting too long you could have a cutoff. Like say, you must have more than 20 pages to be listed.
>>
File: Page 13-14.png (847 KB, 1230x600) Image search: [Google]
Page 13-14.png
847 KB, 1230x600
>>77863203
Yesterday was brutal. Here's the finished pages!
skylightcomic.net
>>
Welp, just started a Comic Fury account and I've started dumping my pages on there. Naturally only up to last week's page.

And I can put ads on here? Sweet!

Anybody wanna be Comic Fury buddies?
>>
>>77864397

Well, someone looks like they've seen better days.
>>
File: dog-eyebrows.png (379 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
dog-eyebrows.png
379 KB, 533x533
>>77864406
>in 2 hours already got 97 page views from 15 visitors

Well I'll be damned.
>>
Linking the Discordia chat:
https://discord.gg/0ckxsOeUFToxkep2
>>
File: we alita now.jpg (1 MB, 1626x1200) Image search: [Google]
we alita now.jpg
1 MB, 1626x1200
>>77864397
>>
>>77864397
I enjoyed those Easter Eggs.
>>
>>77863203
My comic has 12 pages published so far and we've gotten 14 total comments, but not every single page has comments.

We're still pretty new and small though, so that's still more than what I expected.
>>
File: T-3-6.png (180 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
T-3-6.png
180 KB, 600x463
Hey /hyw/, it's been a while, again.
After that long hiatus, because of stuff to do, I'm back to this comic now that I have free time. I hope I could post here more often.
>>
>>77862060
it doesn't matter
>>
>>77865159
>>77864406

What's the catch?
>>
File: Merle Sploosh.jpg (74 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Merle Sploosh.jpg
74 KB, 600x800
>>
>>77863217
That doesn't remind me of SU at all.
>>
>>77863247
haha, i am that guy on a lot of comics
>>
>>77863217
Rasp Blueberry
>>
>>77862060
Don't reply to the anon roleplaying as a depressed comic creator. He's legitimately more annoying than bones.
>>
>>77865159
whoa dude, nice.
>>
>>77867324
lol 400. that's an odd number to stop on.
glad you're back
>>
>>77870419
>thighrons
there's something i havent seen before. kinda makes sense if you think about it..
>>
bump for cuddly, cuddly poodles
>>
File: p122.png (557 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
p122.png
557 KB, 1000x1000
>>77860182
Splash page today

webcomic:
belongingtonobody.tumblr.com

lore, Q&A, explanations, etc.
dumcasta.tumblr.com
>>
>>77878476
colorful chaff!!
i love smoke that looks like some kind of horrible creatures.. especially space nebulae
>>
>>77869235

No catch. Just a new audience. Both comics are doing pretty well for merely existing on the website. Soon I'll be hitting the forums. I can also post my own comic on there (for the other two I'm just the writer).

>>77875561

Thanks!

>>77875335

Does that mean we'll need to update that one pic to "DON'T REPLY TO BONES AND THAT DEPRESSED ANON ever"?
>>
File: The_Colors_Duke[1].gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
The_Colors_Duke[1].gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>77867324

Like the style it reminds me of the Genndy shows.

>>77870419

Looks great! I keep seeing Vegeta in the thumbnail.

>>77878476

THE COLORS DUKE THE COLORS
>>
>>77879424
Iiii'm colorbliiind, kid
>>
File: batgod.png (345 KB, 576x592) Image search: [Google]
batgod.png
345 KB, 576x592
>>77879464
>>
File: colorfestival.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
colorfestival.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>>77879424
>>77878531
>>77878476

I forgot my caption "Walsh casts Prismatic Spray." Oh well, will get it next time.
>>
>>77879327
if somebody says "xyz is worse than Bones," it's almost certainly Bones. iow, stop talking to Bones.
>>
>>77880204

But there is some truth. We do have some anons lament over how they suck and never post their work. It does seem like one anon.
>>
>>77880277
Hey, you started the whole "posting stats" thing. You even asked the follow-up questions.
>>
>>77880387

???

I only post stats now to keep the thread afloat. If anything it shows a side of webcomics not often discussed. I also like seeing the Miss Melee stats.

But the post you're responding to are about anons saying "woe is me" and then when they get 2-3 replies asking to see the comic, there's no answer. Which is is annoying.
>>
File: harley-is-not-amused.png (235 KB, 421x374) Image search: [Google]
harley-is-not-amused.png
235 KB, 421x374
>tfw the /aco/ thread is just bones, that guy who types in all lowercase, and me
>>
>>77880987
I've got a couple of porn webcomics in mind, but I haven't gotten them past the idea stage. It's also tough to do two at once, especially when I can barely handle one.
>>
>>77881136
Not to mention you have to actually draw really fucking well while making your style attractive for potential readers. When I realized this, I stopped aiming for a porn webcomic/series of short stories. Now every few days or more I just draw a single page of 18+ doodles with pencil and paper, then throw it to garbage. Before you think it's self-depreciation, it's not - the one time my relative found my drawings full of /d/-worthy fetish stuff, the embarrassment was unbearable. That's why I'm getting rid of the evidence now.
>>
>>77881421
I've always had much more success with my porn than my sfw stuff, webcomic included. But yeah, I probably need to get a lot better before I'll find success with a porn webcomic.
>>
File: page 7.png (721 KB, 1125x1389) Image search: [Google]
page 7.png
721 KB, 1125x1389
WIP of this page.
>>
>>77881478
With what Jack says in panel 8, the last 4 panels seem completely superfluous.
>>
>>77881478
Uh, in the 9th panel, wasn't annabeth the one who should be saying "that's what being a hero is all about" instead of jack?
>>
>>77881136

I'd love to hear it!
>>
>>77881478
Panel 6, the girl's left thumb is on backwards.
>>
>>77881730
The ideas? The first I already mentioned in the /aco/ thread. Loli/shota webcomic about involving a wife coming back in time to find her underage husband with age-regression time travel shenanigans.

The other would be a a sci fi space opera thing. Protagonists would be a pair of humans, traveling the galaxy. Sex tourists, basically. Each chapter would be on a new world, explore different fetishes/kinks as the worlds varied. It's more fleshed out than the first, as least as far as the concepts are concerned.
>>
>>77881710
Shit, damn, I always make that mistake
>>77881703
But no one's saying anything panel 8, it's just annabeth shocked.
>>77881731
There is no girl on panel 6, unless your talking about annabeth.
>>
>>77882164
I meant panel 9, senpai. It's really SUPER fucking obvious that's what I meant. If you had any brains at all you'd know that.
>>
>>77882104

The first one has promise although I would recommend avoiding the implications of a character being underage. Japan had the right idea of "oh they look underage but they're totally not."

The second does sound interesting. Do they both have to be human? Maybe the guy is a human and the female is like some alien sex tour guide through the galaxy that acts as the source of info and initiates a lot of the stuff that happens.
>>
>>77882177
Ah, alright, well anyayws, yeah, I need to fix that and give that bubble to annabeth.
>>
>>77882343
The idea is they'd both be human as a way for the reader to self-insert, at least a bit, and experience all these weird alien experiences and sex partners from a human perspective.

One would be male, the other would be female, just to cover both bases. And in some cases would experience the same alien difference, but from both male and female perspectives.

Oh, and it's a bit of a conceit, but they'd be fraternal twins. There would be regular alien characters that would eventually follow them along though.
>>
>>77882164
The short one in panel 6's left thumb is on backwards.
>>
>>77882496
Ah ok fixed it.
>>
>>77882478

Oh so they're not a couple.

>fraternal twins

Mmm, identical m/f twins has always been my thing.

As for the self insert, that will be tricky because you will likely have a larger male audience. And depending on how good you are at attracting female readers, you might not have much luck with the female self insert. It'd also be more challenging to do both, especially if you don't have too much experience doing a webcomic.

I would recommend figuring out a target audience and focusing on that while not alienating any other demographics.
>>
>>77882722
I've been a pornographer a long, long time. I'm just not much of a webcomic artist. My strengths in writing.
>>
File: 1308495231572.jpg (287 KB, 760x901) Image search: [Google]
1308495231572.jpg
287 KB, 760x901
Anybody have any triggers in doing comics?

For me it's repetition and things being too similar by accident. Like I hate reusing the same words or phrases (outside of a specific way characters talk). Not to mention similar names. I just realized that my two main characters, Jameson and Cameron, have the same last two letters for their names. And then there's Robotica and Monica. Can't change the two mains' names but I'm going to change Monica to Alex.
>>
>>77882792

Then if you can make it work, I say go for it.
>>
>>77881478
i dont recall prior mention of a nickel
>>
>>77882879
I go out of my way to make sure I don't use the same sound effect twice in one issue.
>>
File: purple-nurp[1].jpg (258 KB, 800x663) Image search: [Google]
purple-nurp[1].jpg
258 KB, 800x663
>>77883079

Incredible Hercules was genius in that department.
>>
>>77882879
I remember someone pointing out that i used a lot of medium shots while drawing.

They said that it was just something I should just keep in mind (since too many of the same angle makes things static and boring) but I admit that I get a little more worried than I should if I use more than one on a page
>>
>>77882104
space sex tourism, bonzer!
>>77882343
hush. nobody cares about that unless you make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>77882722
honestly if you swapped dipper and mabel's personalities they'd be pretty decent audience inserts for most of /co/
>>
>>77883079
I do that, then add (again!)
>>77883318
yeah i learned bad habits from newspaper comics.. constantly using the same shot because it's what people expect and you can draw it repeatedly with ease.
>>
>>77883477
same here

discovering webcomics when the media was in its infancy didn't really help the habit either
>>
>>77884041
yeah with sprite comics you basically only had two options: isometric or sidescrolling
>>
>Gets jealous and depressed about seeing other great artists/comics and their success.
>Get discouraged alot
>Want to go to college for art in either Animation or Illistration or Graphic Design
>>
>>77885465
Don't chase the bullet.
>>
File: THE COMIC 4.png (45 KB, 1242x670) Image search: [Google]
THE COMIC 4.png
45 KB, 1242x670
>>
>>77885686
>So if we get our own kart game I'm totally okay with being Luigi.

>When I drive by and become a mean mugging meme, this will be my face.
>I doubt that'll catch on. Can we focus on fixing the power?

>No, that face isn't good either.
>>
>>77885837

That is fucking funny.

You sir, You are a good writer!
>>
>>77886086

Thank you!
>>
>>77882981
It was last page, the old lady gave it to her.
>>
File: FATES page 7 wip 4.jpg (305 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
FATES page 7 wip 4.jpg
305 KB, 800x1200
>>77839263

working on a new page yall

>>77839276
oh wow, thanks man, that means a lot

but whoever this is: >>77839548

has some kind of weird personal grudge against me, and i have no idea why nor do i care

ive been told its scribble batch for some stupid made up reason about nsfw art, or someone thinking im anti-critique which im not i love critique, and whether i do or dont /ic/ is that way motherfucker, this isn't ic, and it might even be dewd someone once said because dewd thinks i make fun of his art? because anytime someone makes fun of his art dewd calls that person bones, like what the fuck? why would i ever make fun of dewd or anyones art i would never do that

if its none of those three, then its probably one of my x-girlfriends trolling the shit out of me, i have no idea, i dont know who, or why, and again i dont care, theres nothing we can do to stop him or her from doing this to me every thread and trying to make the dont reply to me meme an actual thing, but whatever i dont care... this is the last time i will say something about it

any way dont expect a bunch of wips tonight

if you want to see the finished page of this you can see it here as soon as its done and i upload it: http://fates.thecomicseries.com/
>>
Alright, finished this page!
>>
File: page 7.png (1 MB, 1125x1389) Image search: [Google]
page 7.png
1 MB, 1125x1389
>>77886876
Whoopsie, forgot the page!
>>
File: 1308353660218.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1308353660218.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>77886876

What page?
>>
>>77886893
The one above your post :^)
>>
>>77886888
Both thumbs are now on backwards.
>>
>>77886888
Dewd, you need to take your time on these pages.
>>
>>77886990
iunno, 2 and a half hours from lineart to color seems pretty slow to me.. it's fully shaded and all.. and decently done, aside from some inconsistencies
i'm happy with the proportions getting better, though jack's arms are a little too long in some shots and too short in the fifth to last panel. and i guess green girl is missing her red stripes in the third panel

i didnt notice sora showed up before. that's cute man.

but yeahhh dewd start looking at your hands when you draw, that's the only way to avoid giving someone two rights or lefts or whatnot
and i've mentioned the high armpits thing a lot lately. gotta woik on that.
>>
File: 02.jpg (396 KB, 1024x1443) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
396 KB, 1024x1443
Hello, lanched a new comic recently. Tell me what you think.

NSFW by the way.
http://velenosisters.comicsbreak.com/
>>
File: youve got the wrong guy dude.jpg (60 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
youve got the wrong guy dude.jpg
60 KB, 700x400
>>77880987

aco? me? ive never been, i dont have a porn comic... who told you i have a porn comic? why would you think i have any drawn smut? i dont draw cartoon porn, i only have comics made for all ages and are safe and fun for the whole family... what the heck are you even talking about?

all my comics are rated E for everyone i dont do porn.........
>>
File: 1370561881685.jpg (51 KB, 448x488) Image search: [Google]
1370561881685.jpg
51 KB, 448x488
>>77887158
>>
>>77887113
>2 and a half hours from lineart to color seems pretty slow to me
My artist takes more than twice that time.
>>
>>77887158
boooobies
>>
>>77887358
sucks dude.
>>
>>77886974
SHIT.
>>77887113
>i didnt notice sora showed up before. that's cute man.
I actually added her in because she wasn't really doing anything.

And to be honest I've been twisting my arms during this page to see how to get those thumbs right, guess I got it wrong. I'll just edit it later.

And I'll work on them armpits.
>>
>>77887674
Sometime you just need to have annabeth go to shake someone's hand, and that person has extended their left hand, and anna shapeshifts hand into the other hand to grab it properly
and she's like "yeah i can do that. sometimes I do it when I forget which hand is which"
>>
>>77886888
>The thumbs are not fixed even though people told him they were wrong
>>
>>77882879
How the comics look keep changing as it go on. I'm trying to stick with how the it looks like now.

Some of the character models change as well, the worse one is Amanda the main character because I was trying to find what makes her look more adorable and just what feels right
>>
>>77888834
he did, anon
but he fixed the other one instead
hence 'SHIT' in >>77887674
>>
>>77882879
i've got a lot of little things that bug me.. little niggles and nitpicks that have nothing to do with what's usually considered important in art. Then people say my shit looks lazy and i need to do this and this and this and i should work harder, and it's like... if you only knew
>>
File: THE COMIC 4.png (62 KB, 1242x670) Image search: [Google]
THE COMIC 4.png
62 KB, 1242x670
>>77886274

Sorry, I have to change some things.
>>
I just started practicing with Manga Studio/CSP

It's going ok so far, I like it a little bit better than photoshop in regards to drawing. Any tips I should keep in mind?
>>
File: characters5.png (622 KB, 1650x1050) Image search: [Google]
characters5.png
622 KB, 1650x1050
Did some character design for Ennui GO! Have a small story arc in mind in the future where Izzy has to deal with a board of directors who are put in charge of her brand.
>>
>>77893342
i hope someone replies to this, as i'd like to know some tips too
>>
>>77894499
oh snap, some actual drama and conflict in ennui go. I see this going somewhere magical!
>>
>>77893342
>>77894947
I started last week.

Basically I just use it like I would with Sai, until I come up with something that I don't know how to do, then I just google it.

It's not so much about "hints" I think as it's just about learning where everything is located and what the shortcuts are, etc.
>>
>>77882879
>Feet cut off

Never, EVER do this.
Either cut the figure halfway through the leg, or shw the whole figure, but never cut off the feet!
>>
File: New canvas.png (14 KB, 200x168) Image search: [Google]
New canvas.png
14 KB, 200x168
>>77895066
>>77893342
A few things I've learned so far:
- Manga tones (Window-Materal-choose any) if you select an area and drag one of those materials into the picture, you get a screentone cut to the area. They're pretty cool if you use them sparingly
- You can set a layer as reference layer, and then tick a checkbox in area selection tools (bucket, magic wand) so that no matter on what layer you are, they'll always select or fill stuff based on the layer you selected. I love it and I use it a lot.
- If you click no the wrench icon in the "tool property" panel you get a huge settings screen. You can select a lot of properties to customize the tool and select what things appear in the tool property panel (the eye icons)
- In that screen, there are cool things like "specify by size on screen" in the "brush size" tab that automatically resizes the brush based on your zoom level or "do not exceed line of reference layer" in the anti-overflow tab that basically tries not to cross a line of the reference layer (see 3rd bullet point here) when you're filling it in with a brush. Great for coloring although you need clear lines to make it work.
>>
>>77895874
>reference layer
interesting. in photoshop you can make a selection in one layer, then click on another layer and the selection remains active in that layer without having to change the layer settings
>automatically resizing brush based on zoom level
that... sounds amazingly useful yet i cant think of why
>>
>>77895915
>interesting. in photoshop you can make a selection in one layer, then click on another layer and the selection remains active in that layer
Oh yeah, that works in MS too, this is different because it allows you to, say, use the bucket fill tool on a different layer than the inks without having to make selections all the time

>>77895915
>that... sounds amazingly useful yet i cant think of why
It's more like personal preference, this basically sets a fixed area covered by the brush and you handle the actual thickness of the line by zooming in or out on the picture, vs. just resizing the brush.
>>
File: 1307768573395.jpg (68 KB, 788x519) Image search: [Google]
1307768573395.jpg
68 KB, 788x519
Well my search for another comic artist continues. Getting kind of worried. My other comic has 6 pages buffer but this one I need help with is closing down to 2 pages.

The artist sent me the completed page finally, after a week since they sent the sketch, and the damn thing isn't even 100% finished. So I sent them an email telling them to fix it. I'm just going to keep giving her pages so she can EVENTUALLY finish them. But as soon as I get a replacement and have them do a couple pages, this one is gone. So disappointed.
>>
File: Merle Paint.jpg (294 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Merle Paint.jpg
294 KB, 1024x1365
>>77870419

>>77876054
Had to read that several times before it clicked.

>>77879424
Yeah, I can see that.
>>
File: 2-13.png (613 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
2-13.png
613 KB, 800x1200
its been a while, hyw! i spent november writing 50000 words of an honestly pretty bad novel, and reading parts 4 through 7 of jojos bizarre adventure, and being back on a schedule where i don't have to get at least 2000 words written every day while still keeping up with my comic is very chill, its nice.
i dont suppose i missed anything here, did i?
>>
>>77896909
Many amateurs or semi-amateurs (commissions as a small side income) will not be invested into a "somewhat paid" project exactly because it doesn't bring food to their table and also because it's not their project. Your story isn't new at all, it's a well-known issue. You should prepare yourself for a lot of this stuff.
>>
>>77898842
The eyebrow guy's neck is broken.
>>
>>77898880
yeah the bottom middle panel is fucked to all hell, i kinda gave up trying to fix that
>>
File: derp.jpg (41 KB, 660x354) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
41 KB, 660x354
>>77898908
I don't know, it doesn't seem particularly difficult to draw unless you tried for something specific that I'm not getting.

Wouldn't either one of these work? It's only a matter of head turned too far to the side in your case. Sorry for mangling your characters.
>>
File: IMG_0100.jpg (160 KB, 1061x513) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
160 KB, 1061x513
Early morning doodle. I'm writing up the first strip of Claire and Sam and hope to have it finished by Friday.

This is Claire, by the way. I completely fucked up her wing anatomy, I know. I was lazy and didn't look up a bat wing reference and just winged (heh) it.
>>
File: IMG_0100.jpg (161 KB, 513x1061) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0100.jpg
161 KB, 513x1061
>>77899473
Shit, phone turned her 90 degrees for some reason.
>>
File: regret.png (227 KB, 498x538) Image search: [Google]
regret.png
227 KB, 498x538
>>77899402
you say mangling, but imo they look a lot better from you
the example on the right would be perfect but ive already got my flats done man... if i have some time to kill i might redo the whole panel but as is im just gonna have to pretend i dont care
although, seeing this, now i really do

maybe people will start theorising hes part owl and i can say its a red herring or something
>>
File: 144916037910386529151.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
144916037910386529151.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>77899784
Sarah's winter outfit.
>>
File: Page 4.png (894 KB, 800x1095) Image search: [Google]
Page 4.png
894 KB, 800x1095
Just uploaded my new series. It features the great grand daughter of Heinrich Himmler, and it's basicly german private school slice of life.

http://tapastic.com/series/Urban-Tales
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 114

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.