[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: vegetables.jpg (107 KB, 960x512) Image search: [Google]
vegetables.jpg
107 KB, 960x512
Ok you fucks, tell me why a vegan diet is better than a omnivorous diet.

Pro tip: No you cant cuss all your points are the fucking same and can be easily refutable.
>>
>>7397190
It isn't better, but that doesn't invalidate the reasons people have for adopting a plant based diet.
>>
>>7397196

Tell me the reasons then.
>>
>>7397196
>my reasons aren't irrefutable
>but that doesn't make them invalid
do you even logic bruh?
>>
>>7397190
Well what reasons are there that an omnivore diet is better?
>>
>>7397226
What the fuck does logic have to do with what you eat? Little if anything.
>>7397203
It varies from person to person. For me a plant based diet got me off cholesterol medicine with the doctor's blessing, so I stick to it for the most part. For others there are ethical and even sometimes religious concerns. Some folks are dogmatic about it, others aren't.
>>
op here

>>7397241

It is the easiest way to get protein, Iron, and b12 and its relatively cheap and healthy unless eaten fried.

>>7397226

Cant understand your point is bruh, i said that vegan points are easily refutable and if you want to tell me your side then go try then.
>>
>>7397246

You dont have to be vegan to get off high colesteral, you can stop eating high fat fried foods and oily foods in general without becoming a vegan.
>>
>>7397190
Red meat and processed meat make your butt have another butt.
Imagine having an asshole shitposting next to you 24/7.
>>
>>7397255
True. I just found a mostly plant based diet a convenient, tasty and hella cheap way to do it.
>>
>>7397258

that is iff you have high amounts of red meat in your diet, who says processed food is healthy, What about white meat aka chicken and fish, i dont have any problems with the bathroom and i eat red meat.

>>7397263

How is it conveniant since mosts dishes and foods contain some sort of animal product, i dont know where the fuck do you live because its not fucking cheap to me unless you would only have fucking lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.
>>
>>7397268
I cook. Beans are cheap. Greens are cheap. Rice and wheat are cheap. Vegetables are cheap if you buy what's in season. I can feed two people plant based lunch and dinner for $5 a day or less. Lunch today was a couple slices of homemade wholegrain bread with some blackeye peas cooked with Swiss chard in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Total food cost under $2 to feed two people. Hard to get cheaper than that, and it was delicious.
>>
>>7397190
Meat is generally more expensive and is worse for the enviroment

Healthier not really. Cancer and diseases from meat has been debunked to death. It's not much of a talking point anymore though
>>
>>7397248
The only valid point you have here is B12, protein and iron aren't an issue with vegan diets at all. Now most vegan specialty items, such as soy milk, tend to be fortified with B12. Most of the non-vegan population have a defiency of some sort, including a B12 deficiency, so it's not a vegan only issue.
Also cost isn't an issue at all, a vegan diet can be cheaper than a non-vegan diet, seeing as it's mostly a diet of vegetables and canned/dried foods. Even vegan milks and cheese tends to be about the same price as many dairy milks and cheeses now, admittedly not the same price of cheapest milk and cheapest cheese in the store but the average price.
A vegan diet is more accessible than ever so most of the arguments against it tend to just be irrelevant now, especially considering 10 minutes of research could disprove them.
>>
>>7397330
You're abnormal antisocial freaks and nobody likes you.

Try disproving that with ten minutes of research. You can't. Time to stop being a special snowflake and get in line with the rest of us.
>>
I eat meat because it's convenient, especially at restaurants. I used to be vegetarian, until I found out my 53 year old father was practically in peak physical condition (as far as blood pressure, basic bloodwork, and heart strength go) and eats 3 eggs a day, plus meat at each meal. Yes he is active, so am I. I started eating meat again not long after that.
>>
>>7397360
Oh, and he just had his first colonoscopy, it was perfect and he doesn't need to go for another 10 years. So yea, I'm taking my chances. If I get diabetes or really fat or something, I'll hit the vegan diet (no soy though).
>>
>>7397360
>I eat meat because it's convenient, especially at restaurants
This is very true. I eat a plant based diet at home, because there the benefits of it really shine. It's cheap. I never have to be concerned about animal products going bad in the fridge or in the trash. I don't have to give a fuck about cross contamination. But when I go out unless the place has good vegan options (like a felafel at a Middle Eastern joint) I'll just order whatever's good. Because I'm not a fucking monk.
>>
>>7397346
Irritability is a sign of a B12 deficiency, maybe you should try some fortified soy milk m8
>>
op here

>>7397308

No it isnt expensive, its funny talking like you give a fuck about the environment since energy is the main maker of greenhouse gases while cattle, agricultural soil and rice farming is the lowest.

>>7397330

Depends where you live, im talking globally and some parts of the world like alska have very little plants.

>>7397372

Are you implying vegatbles can go bad? also cross contamination isn't a thing unless you have bear meat and vegetables with each other.

>>7397366

Diabetes is caused by high sugar intake, and most sodas and sweets are vegan, also it depends a lot of your genetics if you have diabetes
>>
>>7397372

sorry i meant can't instead of can
>>
>>7397308

Also, cancer and other diseases depend more on GENETICS than your diet, for example the founder of Vegan alliance in the U.S died of a heart attack at 66, also cancer in meat refers to red meats only not white meats.
>>
>>7397407
>Are you implying vegatbles can go bad?
I think you meant to say "can't go bad". And of course they can. But my compost bucket can sit in my kitchen for a week without smelling bad, and since the kitchen garbage has no animal products in it I only have to take it out when it gets full. If you cook meat or fish you can't get away with that.
>cross contamination isn't a thing unless you have bear meat
So you use the same cutting board and knife for raw chicken that you use for salad without washing them after the chicken? I don't think so.
>>
OP, I bet you look like this >>7395730.. Prove me wrong
>>
>>7397436

I also take out y garbage when it gets full because i obviously don throw pieces of chicken there, you have a point there but it isnt that big of a deal though.
>>
>>7397446

Yes because all meat eaters are fat fucks who are at the verge of hart attacks, Dumbass.
>>
>>7397457
Not a big deal at all, just one more convenient thing about keeping plant based at home.
>>
>>7397463

The " convenience' in that isn't really practical, if you really wanted to eat convenient you would order takeout 3 times a day.
>>
>>7397477
Sure, if you took it to the extreme. But I cook, so I order takeout almost never. And cooking a plant based diet is pretty cheap and convenient. (A pressure cooker helps, so you can quickly cook dried beans, which are super cheap). For about an hour of fucking around in the kitchen a day I feed two people two meals for under $5, and clean up is easy. Take out would be much less healthy, and run me what? Around $35 (if I went cheap) where I live. So a hobby I enjoy not only allows me to eat in a very healthy manner, but it saves me on the order of $30/day. That's pretty fucking practical.
>>
>>7397517

Im glad you can eat like that for 5 dollars, but in atleast the U.S and many other countries having a vegan diet is extremely expensive because getting all the proteins and amino acids are a variation of imported foods and many vegans are defficient int B12, although i made this thread because many vegan comments on youtube and irl makes me masd because they make bullshit statements using biased sites like cowspiracy that don't contain factual information, all and all it all depends on genetics and for some people a plant based diet would be better, on another story eating junkfood all the fucking time and getting a heart attack isn't genetic its man made, cheers mate.
>>
>>7397517

oh an sorry for my shitty english its my second language
>>
>>7397575
>atleast the U.S and many other countries having a vegan diet is extremely expensive
This is wrong. I live in the US, and my plant based diet is very cheap. It does mean I have to cook, though. If I just lived off takeout and convenience food a vegan diet would be expensive. I have a vegan buddy who lives on takeout four days a week, and he easily spends $20+ a day just feeding himself.
>>
>>7397190
Lesser entities try to take themselves out of competition with other, more competitive entities, by having a herbivore diet.

No problem with that. Darwinism will do the rest.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.