[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Full Fat Yogurt and Its Rarity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: fatyogurtbro.gif (24 KB, 288x230) Image search: [Google]
fatyogurtbro.gif
24 KB, 288x230
I like my yogurts, I'll eat low fat, 0 fat, greek style. I don't mind.
However, does anyone else find it hard to find a plentiful variety of full fat yogurts? Feels like there's less choice and less stock wherever I go.
Don't get me wrong, the 0% yogurts are still nice, but you can't beat a nice full fat yogurt.
>>
your mom likes my full fatty
>>
yeah

yeo valley are usually reliable for full fat yoghurts but other than that it's always 0% or 1% everywhere

it's got to be fat
>>
File: 00742365132155_full.jpg (28 KB, 215x273) Image search: [Google]
00742365132155_full.jpg
28 KB, 215x273
>>7042281

Make your own.

1. Buy gallon of whole milk
2. Buy plain whole milk yogurt with active cultures (pic related)
3. Heat milk in double boiler to 185 deg
4. Cool milk to 110 deg
5. Add anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 cup of yogurt
6. Insulate container with blankets / whatever to maintain heat in order to allow the cultures to work on the milk.
7. Leave it alone over night.
8. The next day you will have a gallon of plain whole milk yogurt.

Keep about a cup set aside, and when you start to get low, all you need to do is buy milk and use your own yogurt to make more.
>>
>>7042349

>buy plain whole milk yogurt
>the next day you will have plain whole milk yogurt
>>
>>7042281
I haven't ever had a problem finding full fat yogurt in England. All the flavored yogurts tend to be low fat but they're shit anyway
Personally I think full fat yogurt tastes a lot better than 0%/low fat until it's strained. Full fat Greek yogurt just tastes like thick heavy cream to me
>>
Same goes for stuff like cottage cheese and mayo.
Fat is an important part of a healthy diet. I run 5 days a week so a few extra calories isn't going to kill me, plus I don't want to eat disgusting low fat stuff anyway.
>>
File: Weeeeeee.gif (967 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
Weeeeeee.gif
967 KB, 490x367
>>7042390
>>
>>7042439

I don't think you understand what shitposting is.
>>
File: Engage shitposting.gif (446 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
Engage shitposting.gif
446 KB, 278x200
>>7042443
>>
>>7042281
You capitalised rarity. Reported.
>>
>>7042349
Dude what the fuck
>>
It's hard to get full-fat Greek yogurt ever since degenerate "health" brands pumped the market full of fake 0% shit. The only brand I can get full-fat is Greek Gods.
>>
>>7042534
never heard of making your own yogurt brah?
>>
>>7042609
Trader Joe's has it.
>>
>>7042281
Ive made full fat Greek from a plain non-fat container and the full fat was sweeter and tastier in every way... but i can't eat that shit every day.. most people that eat the shit every day are body builders that need the non fat shit. I just started a clean bulk and i am finding fat in every fucking thing i eat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.