[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't get fit because I can't form a diet and stick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 1422758912249.jpg (7 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
1422758912249.jpg
7 KB, 261x192
I can't get fit because I can't form a diet and stick to it.

Tell me what you faggots eat all fucking day. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner? How did you form your diet? What do you use to track your nutrition?

Spell it out for me god damn it
>>
Calories In < Calories Out

>>>/fit/
>>
Just put your fork down you fat fuck.
>>
Average day
Breakfast:
>Mycellar casein and whey isolate 60/40 blended in full fat grass fed unsweetened yogurt
>400g caffeine anhydrous
Lunch
>A plate from the takeout near work, typically something like a bunch of grilled chicken breast, some kale and squash on the side, and some more kale and squash on the side, with a side order of more chicken breast
Dinner
>some kind of meat and a fuck ton of vegetables
>wine

I'm fairly fit. I don't track my nutrition methodically. If my belly starts to grow (and I check myself out in the mirror a lot), I just cut bread out of my diet for a couple of weeks and that fixes it.

Then again I also do... well I said what kind of exercise I do a few days ago and a lot of people here got butthurt, so it's genetics ok? Just give up.
>>
>>7069159

Hire somebody to punch you in the throat every time you try to eat nigger.
>>
just eat 1,500 calories of whatever the fuck you want.

i've had 500 calories worth of twizzlers as a meal. i still lost weight.

don't buy "diet" or "health" food. just count those calories.
>>
>>7069159
I am literally too lazy to make a sandwich. I mean, I'd love to have breakfast, but the couch is so much nicer.

And I buy lazy food, like mandarin oranges.

And sometimes, I just stop buying food and eat everything in my house, especially the crap that just builds up. Time to only drink tea and make bread out of this flour I have and spread marmalade on it becuase that goddamn marmalade jar has been in my fridge for a year and I should probably get fresher flour and I only buy tea in ridiculous bulk which leads to this situation developing in the first place.
>>
Testing to see if I'm b& before writing a lengthy post.
>>
>>7069248
You got me excited now
>>
>>7069159
pretty much how i eat everyday ..depending if im lifting or doing cardio i add more carbs and decrease protein intake...Its not so bad once u get used to OP. I lost 50lbs and now im focusing on getting leaner and stronger. If you really want to lose it, then you can
>>
Stick to simple healthy low calorie shit, and eat the same thing every day and it won't be a problem.

As for my diet,
>Breakfast
Half a cup oatmeal with maple syrup and black coffee
>Lunch
Whatever cheap high protein low calorie thing is on the menu at work
>Dinner
Whatever I've cooked for the week. I'd recommend a base protein (chicken, fish, pork, beef, tofu), white rice and a cup of veggies. The easier it is to make the better for you. You can literally just take minute rice, frozen veggies and grill whatever in the pan with whatever spice and voila, filling meal.

Do cut all soda, desserts, snacks, etc, unless it's an actual healthy snack, but we both know it isn't.
>>
>>7069169

>no activated almonds

What a pleb.

I bet you're some kind of cardio bunny or crosshitter too
>>
Fuck you OP

I literally can't maintain eating as much as is necessary to gain weight.
>>
>>7069272
Oh and I use myfitnesspal for tracking, with the phone app its a breeze, you can just scan bar codes and it logs it.
>>
Man just track your calories, you'll learn what to avoid and get used to not being full at all times.
>>
>>7069188
This, yes human nutrition is more complected but your body has to follow the laws of physics

If you don't eat more than your maintenance then you won't gain weight
>>
Counting calories is such a pain though.
>>
Not b&. Yay!

The key to sticking to a diet is getting plenty of exercise. Then your body will crave nutrients and you'll want to eat healthier and more nutritious foods, rather than simply forcing them down.
If you do an hour of cardio, keeping your heart rate above 85%, then the last thing you'll want to shove into your body is a greasy pizza or any other kind of unhealthy food. Not that pizza is particularly bad but you get the idea. In theory you may think that you'll want to reward yourself with a pizza after burning calories in a workout, like you've earned it, but in reality the opposite is true. You won't want to undo all of that effort by consuming the calories that you just burned off and more importantly your body will actually crave nutrients so you'll want to eat more nutritious foods.
When you're not getting regular exercise your body won't crave anything so you'll just eat anything.

Being healthy starts with exercise. So move your body.

To answer the thread question, though:
>breakfast
Oat porridge every day. The variation is the different fruits and spices that I use.
>lunch
I have lunch when most people have dinner so meat and four veg is what I usually have. Sometimes pasta.
>dinner
Sardine sandwich or savoury pancakes or very small pizza (made from scratch using healthy ingredients) or tortillas or grilled cheese on toast or sometimes just a packet of doritos while watching a movie or nuts.

Sorry, I can see how that's not very helpful to you if you're looking for meal ideas. I guess what you can take from that is that I never eat processed food. All fresh ingredients.
>>
>>7069329
After a few weeks you can pretty much eyeball it. Just by prepping your own food, counting the calories, you just learn about what is good and what is not.

It's like playing music. Sure the theory is boring at times but once you've got it down you don't need to think about your cadences and shit, it all just happens
>>
>>7069329
So don't count them. Just listen to your body and it will tell you when you've had too much.
>>
>>7069159
Breakfast:
Home made plain yogurt with strawberries / blueberries
Couple pieces of home made bread with homemade unsalted roasted peanut butter spread
Banana
Grapes
Cup of tea
(This rarely changes)

Heavy meal:
Protein (beef/pork/chicken) stir fried with
bell pepper
onion
carrot
broccoli
garlic
ginger
various veggies
white rice

OR....
Home made fettucini
Home made ragu of either beef, pork, or turkey

Or...

Home made pizza

Or....

Turkey chilli

Or....

Steak

Light meal:

Salad dressed with olive oil / vinegar, salt and pepper
couple slices of home made bread with brie or camembert cheese

Or....

Home made bruschetta

3-4 beers

(Note: The only thing I drink during the day is tea or water with lemon juice. NO fucking soda. I do about 20 mins of body weight exercise daily, and run / jog for 20 mins every other day....because I like to eat and drink beer and don't want to turn into a disgusting fat body like you.)
>>
>>7069159
Just eat less of whatever.
If you're worried about malnutrition, buy some protein powder and multivitamins. Do them with oatmeal every morning. No you're not going to drop it quick and it will take some getting used to but it's probably the easiest way to go about it by far.
>>
>>7069273
No, but like I said I'm not going to get into it here. /ck/ gets butthurt over people who are better than them. Who would have thought.
>>
>>7069159
Breakfast = cup of coffee
Lunch = pint of milk
Dinner = can of Heinz soup with bread and butter.

Snacks = hot drinks with milk and sugar
>>
>>7069347
Bullshit
>>
>>7069159
Fuck diets

Breakfast - McDonald's
Lunch - Burger King or Five Guys
Dinner - Taco Bell or the local Chinese place
Supper - Box of Pizza rolls, microwaved. and/or pint of B&J
>>
>>7069159
breakfast= Sometimes / Sometimes not,
lunch= whatever the fuck I want to eat ever.
dinner = snack or whatever subsides.
Drinking water as often as necessary throughout the day since that is what humans often mistake for hunger.
>>
>>7070554
>what humans often mistake for hunger.
What kind of fucking idiot mistakes thirst for hunger. That is like mistaking a full bladder for a bowel movement.
>>
>>7070564
you'd be amazed
feeling "peckish" can be alleviated by either food or water
>>
>>7069159
Stop having shitty willpower you fat faggot.
Or just take meth or DNP.
>>
>>7069159
when i diet:

5 or 6 helpings of fruit for breakfast

soup with bread for lunch

light dinner

weight session every other day
>>
>>7069188
>>7069166

These.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Follow the /fit/ sticky guide.

Use a app or a food log or something to keep track what you eat every day.

Measure out everything you eat, learn to drink water or tea.

Cut down or quit soda. A 12 fl oz can of mountain dew has about 150-170ish calories if I recall which adds up.

Exercise helps. Go to a gym and lift some weights and do some cardio. You won't see any progress until like 3-4 weeks into it if you maintain the regiment.
>>
I haven't eaten anything besides a bag of chips in the last two days
Its such a hassle to leave my dorm to get food
I just don't feel hungry most of the time
>>
>make huge pot of chili
>portion it out
>eat all week and don't touch anything else
>>
>>7071689
Should probably take vitamins too
>>
File: Pete-Evans.jpg (80 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Pete-Evans.jpg
80 KB, 480x640
>>
morning:
oatmeal or hardboiled eggs or an omelette or whatever
lunch:coffee and maybe some more oatmeal
dinner:chicken breast or rice and beans or chicken breast and rice
jesus fuck just count the calories
>>
Breakfast:
Tuna sandiwch
Lunch
2 sandwiches, tuna and egg salad
Dinner
Whatever, pasta or potatoes with veg mostly.
Evening:
Potato chips or peanuts, 3 high ABV beers every other day

Also bodyweight exercises every other day on top of an active job that involves biking to work.

Besides all this I don't drink liquid calories, and I don't lose weight. If I wanted to lose weight I'd just stop drinking beer and eating snacks for a month or two.
>>
Typical breakfast half an avocado on a piece of toast.

Lunch black beans and veggies.

Dinner is usually some homemade soup like lentil or cabbage.

Two cups of green tea and some fruit for a snack like blackberries.
>>
testpost [spoiler]testpost[/spoiler]
>>
>>7072466
no
>>
Don't listen to /fit/ garbage.

Just get mfp, track EVERYTHING, see where you're fucking up and fix it.
>>
>>7069248

>4chan.org/banned

It's much less depressing to just check before trying to post.

Polite sage.
>>
>>7073049
whats a mfp?
>>
>>7069272

>oats
>whatever
>whatever
>the easier it is to make the better for you
>literally just take minute rice, frozen veggies and grill whatever in the pan with whatever

/fit/ posters are basically trolls, but completely serious, so it's really not funny.
>>
>>7072466

That's what the fucking beans are for!
>>
>>7073054

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mfp
>>
>>7069159
I eat... Bread.
Well jokes aside (and lack of spoiler tag made this shit weak)
Google "suppversity 20 30 principle" and check
http://wellnessmama.com/5356/fix-your-leptin/
>>
>>7069159

doing keto.

i cook chicken/beef/pork/eggs (no marinades just salt/pepper) in bulk for the week. portion out a pound or so a day and eat various vegetables and sunflower seeds for meals,. keep under 15g carbs (fuck net carbs go straight) and you can kinda eat like 1500 cals a day which aint that bad.

sure its a shitty as fuck diet with hardly any variety unless you wanna spend big bucks on specialty shit like activated coconut but it really works as long as you do it right.

the beginning sucks so much dick that you should probably take a couple days off work and get it started on the weekend to minimize downtime. after that it aint no thing except being so bored with eating.

you dont have to work out that much and your daily activities (work/school/jo) will be enough to lose big lbs fast. after you get some fuckin weight off your bones you will find exercise much easier from which you can move to a tastier diet or stay on the course and work out normally; albeit with less intensity than other diets.
>>
File: 1442764019210.jpg (79 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1442764019210.jpg
79 KB, 500x461
>>7069169
>EATING BREAD
ENJOY YOURE NO GAINS LMAO
>>
>all these bland-ass diets and tiny workouts
Fuck that. I eat whatever I want and just don't go over 2000 cals for the day. Burgers, ice cream, whatever. Then I exercise for an hour three times a week. Have lost 60+ lbs doing this, and am still losing gradually.

Don't fuck yourself by eating nothing but rice, chicken, and broccoli; you will never stick to it. Just be aware of what you are eating and count calories. That way you lost nothing except the pounds.

One hard and fast rule though: soda is a DESSERT, not a DRINK. Fucking get that shit right and you'll lose 20 lbs without doing anything else.
>>
File: 46795128.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
46795128.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>>7069159
Use a fucking scale fatass. It will stop you from overeating.

>breakfast
a greek yogurt and banana
>lunch
lean cuisine microwave dinner or a sandwhich
>dinner
Whatever my wife makes

maybe a couple squares of chocolate for desert. I also am really trying to cut out alcohol, which saves calories.
>>
Life long skellington here.
Basically I don't eat all day and then I eat a bigger dinner of whatever I want + late nite snacks.
>>
>>7072683

have seen this pic 1000x times for the activated almonds but never actually read the whole thing until now

what a turbo faggot limao
>>
>>7073672
Basically this, it's probably really bad to only eat one meal a day, but i don't ever feel like eating before 5pm.
>>
>>7073805
Today's meal:
>breakfast
pint of vodka
>lunch
pint and a half of vodka, 1/2 oz of leftover chicken, 3-4 potato chips
>dinner
to be determined, probably more vodka and some frozen taquitos

It's been a rough week, currently on day 3 of a booze binge.
>>
>>7069159

>Breakfast
If I do eat this early, it's usually just an egg with toast and coffee.
>Lunch
Soup and sandwich is my go to meal at the moment.
>Dinner
Some kind of meat with vegetables or pasta

For snacks it's usually fruit or yogurt.

I also don't drink soda and stay away from anything with high salt.

If you truly are retarded and can't control yourself throughout the day, then MFP will tell you if you need to stop.
>>
>>7070564
>hes never gone to take piss and had nothing but shit come out
>>
>>7069159

Breakfast -- HoHo's and a glass of milk
Lunch -- a handful of salted peanuts and a Coke
Dinner -- pizza and a Coke
>>
Breakfast:
coffee & milk
Lunch:
casserole I made on sat/sun and packaged into 5 little freezer packs for work. (this week: broccoli/chicken/rice w/cheese)
Dinner:
my S/O is a picky eater so he takes care of this. DESU he usually orders take-out. Hate that.
>>
>>7069159
>I can't form a diet and stick to it.
if you focus more on your exercise the diet will come on its own.

if you are forced to commit to an extreme fitness regime, you will naturally refuse to eat garbage because it will make your life 10x worse.
>>
File: 1442254096570.gif (2 MB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
1442254096570.gif
2 MB, 250x281
>>7069169
Come on, tell us what exercise you do, faggot. What do you care about what a bunch of random anons think.
I bet this red panda lifts more than you.
>>
File: super-mario-bros-movie-goomba.jpg (100 KB, 450x257) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-bros-movie-goomba.jpg
100 KB, 450x257
>>7069159
if you are trying to lose weight. use percentages.

eat literally 70 percent fruits and vegetables, a shit load of water, and 30 percent grains & meats.
>>
I eat twice a day with no snacking. I eat a breakfast and an early dinner.

I eat very little fat and not much sugar.

I eat lots of carbs and fiber. mostly veggie chili (lots of beans peas and spices) and fibrous wheat bread. I eat enough to feel full.

that's it really.
>>
just because you're on a diet doesn't mean stuff doesn't have to taste good.

They sell no sugar added fat free ice cream, and sugar free chocolate syrup. you can also make hot chocolate with cocoa powder, aspartame, and coffee-mate. nice low fat low sugar drink.
>>
fuck off back to /fit/, you overly-self-conscious-like-a-teenage-girl faggots
>>
>>7069159
shop from the perimeter of the store, avoid browsing the middle aisles because that is where the processed garbage is kept.
the outside of the store is the produce, bakery, deli, meat, and dairy. of course you can still find junk food there, but don't buy that if you want to stay on your diet.
eat at least 50% of your entire food intake as vegetables, cooked or raw - leafy greens are really important even if they kinda suck. find a recipe you can tolerate. incorporate as much lean protein as you can. grains like rice, quinoa, couscous, etc are great and so are beans.

example...
breakfast: oatmeal with honey and an apple with peanut butter

lunch: a bowl of whitefish and sausage gumbo loaded up with mushrooms, potatoes, okra, beans, and rice, and a slice of wheat bread

snack: veggie sticks or baked chips with hummus or guacamole, a yogurt, some dried fruit, apples and cheese on crackers, etc

dinner: chicken, fish, or pork with two vegetable sides, e.g sweet potatoes, broccoli, endive, eggplant, peas, etc.

drink a lot of water and cut soda completely out of your life forever.
it's not a temporary diet to lose weight. you have to completely change your lifestyle and christ is it hard.
>>
>>7069159
Breakfast:
Oatmeal or eggs w/toast

Lunch:
Pasta or soup or salad or sandwich. Something portable and fast to eat

Dinner:
Portion of meat/fish + sauteed vegetables + bread/rice/noodles

Dessert:
Fruit

I then make fancier food on the weekends
>>
>>7074863
>fruits
Ok mom.

Fruit has more sugar than you think, so don't eat more than the recommended daily minimum.
>>
>>7069166
DEFICIT
E
F
I
C
I
T

Eat shit that fatties don't like, exercise.

JFC people spell it out constantly and yet you morons keep thinking there's some magic way behind it all.
>>
File: 1420915295902.png (95 KB, 450x405) Image search: [Google]
1420915295902.png
95 KB, 450x405
>>7072683
>activated almonds
Everytime.
>>
>>7069159

EAT LESS
>>
eat lentil soup

you could put away gallons of that shit and not gain a pound
>>
>>7076479
This. Throw in some rice and veggies and some fruit for dessert and you could live off it your entire life without lacking any nutrients.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.