[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens to the concourses after death? I wanna know after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 1467666085492.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467666085492.gif
1 MB, 200x200
What happens to the concourses after death? I wanna know after I jump off.
>>
>>17325637
>>17325637
> conciousness
Pls no gag replies to my first post. Autocorrect wanted to fuck me over before I die too it seems.
>>
>>17325640

It's reborn as a new being, depending on the state of mind during death.

If it's a shitty state of mind, expect a shitty reincarnation.
>>
It vanishes into the void of oblivion.
>>
>>17325637
No one is certain. It doesn't help that no one really knows what consciousness really IS at the moment. If we knew that, we might be able to make a more educated guess (or perhaps it would only open up more questions). But as it stands, taking any stance on this question is a matter of faith, not of science.
>>
>>17325703
I prefer this over >>17325652. If I'm gonna die, what's the point of coming back even shittier than before?
>>
>>17325732
>If I'm gonna die, what's the point of coming back even shittier than before?

It's not that difficult to avoid, start with doing something good.
>>
I believe that you can't die unless it's pre-ordained.

I believe that as long as you are meant to survive, you will.

When you die in Universe A, everyone sees you die. But without even a moment of realisation, you'll be awake in Universe B, as if it never happened.

When you die normally, I dunno. Maybe you just loop round and round as an ever expanding and crunching universe rebirths itself.
>>
>>17325752
Well, a few days ago i reported people doing illegal shit on /b/ if that counts.
> someone tried starting jailbait threads
>>
>>17325652
So what happens if you do your best to be a good person, but the people around you make it impossible?

How does that work? Can people just steal your reincarnation through telling you you're a bad person?

I'm gonna die soon, and people always called me a monster. When I tried to help them, they slapped my hands away. I never took it out on them, though. I always kept trying to do the right thing. But people didn't like me, so am I gonna reincarnate as a worm or something?
>>
>>17325779

According to "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying". Without a physical body, you are bare to your emotions. Whatever your standard emotional state was, it will be amplified. If you are in pain now, it will be much stronger. Plus you will feel the pain of your mourning friends and relatives. This emotional pain will eventually become unbearable at some point, making you to choose to reincarnate to run away from it. Since you will be under much emotional pain, odds are you won't be able to choose a favorable reincarnation.

Also. Read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. It explains the whole process.
>>
Is heaven real at least?
>>
>>17325818
What a happy fate, and there I was thinking Buddhists were the cheerful ones.

Oh well, if I'm gonna die miserable I might as well do it sooner than later.
>>
>>17325825

It's cheerful. consciousness cannot be created nor destroyed, has no beginning and no end.

Enlightenment is like the stars in sky. It doesn't matter how thick the clouds are or how strong the storms are. They won't be able to move one star from it.

Committing suicide will most likely be a huge set back to reach liberation. But since consciousness is eternal, you'll have plenty of time to make up for it.
>>
>>17325842
Can't I just walk to Shamballah or something? That seems happier.
>>
>>17325842
>consciousness cannot be created nor destroyed

Incorrect, everything is impermanent, that's one of the foundations of buddhism and science.

There's no such thing as a permanent consciousness, you've understood the teaching wrong.
>>
>>17325849

Do you think I would be posting on 4chan if that was a possibility?

BTW. if you decided you are going to kill yourself, why not make something crazy before. Move to your dream location, become a monk or become a volunteer in some third country shithole. It doesn't get worse than dying.
>>
>>17325868

That it cannot be destroyed doesn't mean it is not impermanent.

Matter can't either be destroyed, only converted.
>>
>>17325875
I've sold everything friend, tomorrow I leave my home for the last time to go travelling with no thoughts of returning.

Maybe I'll find friends, and people I love, and I'll have a renewed sense of life and self.

The more likely result is, I go and see some cool things, make an acquaintance or two, and take myself out to the woods when my money runs out.

Some people live long, surrounded by families, careers and jobs. Others just get a little sprint, you know? They don't have to live for a long time.
>>
>>17325877
>Matter

I think you mean energy.
>>
>>17325886

I was severely abused as a child, I know the intense pain of wanting it all to end. I know that all those counsellors, psychologist, new age healers and self-help books are just garbage. No one can take away the damage done to you. I know the desperation of realizing there is actually nothing that will help you, that you are stuck in this alone, while everybody around you washes their hands.
I won't tell you will get magically healed, the pain will probably linger your whole life. But I wouldn't give up. Have hope, even when everything seems lost, eventually something worth living will show up.
Be a warrior, even though the people around you think you are pathetic and pity you, be proud in what you have achieved given the circumstances.
>>
>>17325911
I posted just two of my stories in the 'Get it off your chest' thread, aaand someone called me a liar. Not only am I asked to live with the pain, I'm asked to act like it never happened. I never get to be angry, or sad, or cry, because someone will tell me 'Maybe you just don't remember it right', or 'That never happened I'm sure'.

The psychologists did the same thing. "Here's some drugs now grow up and get over it".

And what is there to be proud of? I'm permanently exhausted. My organs are failing. I'm 22, quite possibly dying, and everyone around me thinks I'm some kind of monster. And they probably think that because I have such a cold demeanour, but it's hard to be warm and fluffy when you've seen the things people can and will do to you.

I don't get to even have emotions anymore without someone telling me I shouldn't feel anything. That I'm exaggerating, or lying, or just downright crazy.

I'm on my own, and frankly, if I'm going to die, I'm not going to humour the awful people around me by sticking around for however long I have left to make them feel like they aren't awful people. I want to see some nice things in this world, I wanna be able to sincerely smile at things again. And maybe I can only do that for a month or so, but I'll gladly take that month of burning through my money to see cool shit if it means I get a modicum of my humanity back.

Whether it's oblivion, hell, reincarnation... whatever death means, I'd rather take the chance. You don't play Blackjack to 'stick' at a fucking 14 draw.
>>
>>17325949
>And they probably think that because I have such a cold demeanour, but it's hard to be warm and fluffy when you've seen the things people can and will do to you.

Deep down people are like sharks, you can swim with them, touch them, even play with them. But as soon as they smell blood, they will start attacking you.

>>17325949
>I don't get to even have emotions anymore without someone telling me I shouldn't feel anything. That I'm exaggerating, or lying, or just downright crazy.

I know what your are talking about, they put you through hell and then ask you to keep out of sight the shit they have done. They never acknowledge that something happened, or that it was that bad.

>>17325949
>Whether it's oblivion, hell, reincarnation... whatever death means, I'd rather take the chance.

You are already in hell. The agony will eventually pass, but the scars will stay.
>>
>>17325971
So with all that in mind, my relationships with people are never going to be good. I'm always going to scarred with reasons to distrust, to be frightened, to be paranoid. There'll never be a moment in my current trajectory where I feel safe with someone.

I have to let it all go. I have to be willing to let life itself go. That's my only hope for a future, even if it's a short one.. so that's what I'm gonna do.

I plan to keep a journal while I'm away. I'll write some of my stories down, the ones that tear me up inside. If I truly end up dead somewhere, maybe that journal will find its way to the people that need to see it. The people that gave me these scars that need to reflect.

Honestly, there are much scarier things in life than death. I think I've already faced some of them.
>>
>>17325995
>I'm always going to scarred with reasons to distrust, to be frightened, to be paranoid. There'll never be a moment in my current trajectory where I feel safe with someone.

No, you can cure the paranoia, the fear and the distrust. Slowly you will be able to trust people. The only thing that will stay is some cynicism about human interaction within the society. You'll see how superficial and pointless the lives of most people are. You will eventually feel pity for them and start forgiving. You will realize that they didn't know any better.
>>
>>17325637
apparently we don't die and it's not possible to kill ourselves

we will find out
>>
>>17325891
>Matter
>I think you mean energy.
Both, actually. Matter can be converted into energy, and vice versa, but neither can be created or destroyed by ordinary means.

Just how absolutely this rule holds is still unclear: there are some hypotheses by which it may be possible to create or destroy matter and/or energy, but no observational or experimental evidence for any of them to date.
>>
>>17325637
A vast and empty nothingness. No god will great you.
>>
>>17326587
Sounds like a cakewalk. So effortless you could do it with your eyes shut.
>>
>>17325949
>>17325911
>>17325886
Damn, how dud they abuse you?
And why do people think you're a monsyer?
>>
>>17326673
Two different people in your link.

I'm:
>>17325949
>>17325886

If you wanna read the two stories I mentioned, they're here:
>>17323170
>>17323195
>>
>>17326683
Thanks anon. And I hope you feel better. I know how it feels to feel hated by people for no clear reason.
>>
>>17326624
With hands tied behind the back.
>>
>>17325818
>Whatever your standard emotional state was
what if you standard emotion is just meh, ya know, just average, not really happy nor said, somewhere in the middle.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.