[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still don't know what job I want. I'm 26.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ukDUGy1.jpg (72 KB, 1190x612) Image search: [Google]
ukDUGy1.jpg
72 KB, 1190x612
I still don't know what job I want. I'm 26.
>>
>>17258293
Judging by the /tv/ meme you posted: you are obviously a moron with no hope.
>>
>>17258293
Join the club. Or more, I know what I would like to do but have no methods of overcoming the roadblocks, and I have no plan B.

So I know that feel.
>>
Do you have a job currently to serve as a placeholder and source of income while you figure things out? Or are you waiting for divine inspiration before even thinking about applying anywhere?
>>
>>17258293
ha hah ha ha ha loser

I'm 29 and in that position. Get on my level, scrub.

Real talk: I've been looking around and I think medical transcription might be it for me. Work from home with little to no contact with people? Sign me right the fuck up. Keep looking, you never when something will click
>>
>>17258293
Well, I am 29. At 23-27 I wasted my potential by starting failed businesses with people who were not trust worthy. Thankfully I had a 4 yr degree. With it, I was able to join the Army OCS program and become an officer. I was a couch potatoe. Now I make over 50K soon to be over 60k in Jan.
>>
We all have mental specializations that would be helpful in some job. Find out what yours are and do something compatible.

Don't look for pleasure first, do something similar to what your mind does naturally, compulsively.
>>
>>17258331
Can you elaborate? My mind thinks about tits and sleeping naturally.
>>
By 26, you've held a few jobs by now, yes? What did you like/didn't like about them?

If you post it here, we can maybe give you some ideas. It can be really stupid/banal thing.
>>
>>17258344
It depends more on your thinking style than what you think about. Some people are analytical, think in logical arguments, could be lawyers (if highly verbal) or programmers (if they have a mathematical inclination); others are artistic, have a heightened sensibility to forms and textures, and their relationship with feelings (could be painters or musicians); some people like a simple routine and would be satisfied doing a simple job that would bore other people out of their minds (dunno, librarian); some work with their hands (mechanic, gardener)...

Find out how you think.
>>
>>17258349
I've enjoyed the jobs where I interact with only a few people or none at all (small team). Where I have freedom in how I complete the task. I'm analytical and easily understand future consequences. Two free MBTI tests both pegged me as INTJ, which I'd agree with, but looking at link related, and nothing jumps out at me.

http://cms.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/careercenter/explore/assessment/typefocus/whatpersonality/intj
>>
>>17258405
Desires as determining factors are complicated by conflicting desires. Faced with multiple choices, we tend to find all of them unsatisfying in some way. Find something you can live with for a while, something that respects your nature, and become competent at it before reassessing your decision.
>>
>>17258349
Not OP but I could use help.
I've worked at mostly various McDonalds up until I got a pharmacy technician license and worked that until I hated it more than flipping burgers for ungrateful fat fucks with five kids. Then I took time off, studied for and got RHCSA but now I'm submitting resumes and getting ignored or unqualified.
Honestly, everything in the world makes it seem I was wrong to ever try for something better than a shitty minimum wage job.
>>
>>17258749
>>17253253
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.