[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Continuation of >>>17224909 Ask a guy who has had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 1408749670768.jpg (68 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1408749670768.jpg
68 KB, 500x750
Continuation of >>>17224909

Ask a guy who has had sex with a different girl every night for a week anything.
>>
>>17239384
Please stop attention whoring? No one gives a shit.
>>
File: 1452370801624.jpg (174 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
1452370801624.jpg
174 KB, 600x324
>>17239384
dude sex lmao
>>
How's the family reunion going?
>>
>>17239391

Thread had 200+ replies. I dunno. Maybe a few people gave a shit. I'm not here to brag, just give advice from the perspective of a rehabilitated sperg.

>>17239411

I'm not white.
>>
File: trumpWall.jpg (40 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
trumpWall.jpg
40 KB, 800x482
>>17239456
You have to go back
>>
>>17239384
Would you say having that much sex would help someone get over a girl they've liked for over 5 years?
>>
I've asked for advice a lot before and most of it doesn't really work. Are certain people just doomed? I don't think I'm terribly unattractive, I could be, but I just can't talk to people unless they talk to me. They don't do that often. Like, a day ago a few acquaintances took me out to dinner for about an hour. That was the first time in my life that something like that has ever really happened. Most of the time when I go out to do something with someone it's because I asked them. And when I got there, I was mostly just sitting and eating while everyone else talked to eachother.
>>
>>17239524

>Would you say having that much sex would help someone get over a girl they've liked for over 5 years?

Its a distraction, for sure. Being social in general, I'd say, is a good idea.

>>17239525

I'm not going to lie to you and say that everyone is capable of sharing an even playing field. No matter what you're good or bad at there's someone out there that's better.

It sounds to me like you've resided yourself to accepting the position of social wallflower in your group. You sit quiet, not taking risks to make social connections and you just kind of stew in your loneliness.

I don't think anyone is doomed. I used to be a lot like you and even though it wasn't easy I managed to make a series of drastic changes in the way I interacted with people. I don't think its ever too late.
>>
>>17239384
not that hard, depends if they were hot
>>
>>17239384
Hey bud. In short, I've lost a lot of weight, started to dress better, got a job, all things to move forward to be more sociable/desirable, as well as trying to be more confident/happy with myself. I'm 21 now, but have been a shut-in since high school (I'm a KV). I have a close circle of friends that I can be funny/clever with, but with strangers I am a mess. I have no idea how to talk to women, and I don't know where to start. I don't know how to find that deep, unshaking confidence I lack, either to talk to strangers, women, or succeed in work.
>>
>>17239623

You're funny and clever with your close circle of friends because they know and are used to your humor/mannerisms. You speak to them so confidently because you aren't worrying about whether or not they'll reject you.

Strangers are the same way. I don't talk to women any differently then the way I talk to my friends, girl friends, etc.,

Attractive women are used to being either put on a pedestal or absolutely hammered with awful pick up lines and propositions so my advice to you is just talk to them like you would anyone else. Talk to them like people, not unobtainable objects. Make your jokes, be clever. Imagine she's just one of your close friends. If they aren't a fan of your particular brand of humor they'll wander off but if they are they'll stick around.

You can't be afraid to be yourself because stranger might not like you. I can promise there's no way around that. If you're weird and withdrawn some people won't like you, if you're confident and outgoing and charming some people won't like you.

Being good with women, or people in general, isn't about saying particular things or any tricks or techniques its about being who you are despite of the fact that some people won't like you.

I know all of this sounds a little contrived and simplistic but for me it was just about asking myself one simple question; what was more scarier, living the rest of my life socially isolated and alone or putting myself out there and occasionally having a few awkward interactions with people who didn't think I was funny or amusing?
>>
>>17239669
I see what you mean. I have a deep enough fear of rejection in general, not just with women. I'll try to come to terms that not everyone will like me, and I can't predict if they will, or expect them to.
Though, when it comes to interacting with others, if it comes between myself and another person wanting something/liking something, I will step aside to avoid confrontation. I always would step aside, or not voice my opinions/ideas so not to be confrontative. Doing this has not gotten many people to dislike me, but it feels very beta. Should I always say the truth about my likes/dislikes, regardless of the groups I associate with?
>>
File: 5B2T2N0[1].gif (616 KB, 285x210) Image search: [Google]
5B2T2N0[1].gif
616 KB, 285x210
>>17239384
>Go out to club
>have fun
>maybe drink
>approach girls
>repeat previous step until you find a girl who's interested
>bring home
>sex
>Repeat x7

After a while you'll have a contact list filled with girls who are dtf most of the time. It's not difficult. At least in theory it isn't. Won't work if you can't get passed the "approach step". Fuck, some of you fuckers on here can't even get passed step one.
>>
Whos that beauty OP
>>
>>17239773
try reverse image search
>>
File: 1464316543884.png (170 KB, 292x347) Image search: [Google]
1464316543884.png
170 KB, 292x347
>>17239550
Tell us about those drastic changes. That might be helpful for some of the other anons.

I realized today why I struggled with social interactions in the past. I literally did not feel the need to put any effort into being social because I felt that everyone sucked. Once I began to meditate and hang out with new people I realized that socializing isnt that difficult. Its also pretty rewarding knowing that people just want to be around you.

Now im almost normie tier when it comes to being social.
>>
>>17239705

>Should I always say the truth about my likes/dislikes, regardless of the groups I associate with?

Yes, because if confrontation serves any purposes it helps weed out those who you aren't compatible with. If you never confront anyone then you just end up getting walked all over.

If you get in the habit of behaving based on the predictions you make about people will react to you, you essentially reject yourself before you even give anyone a chance to reject you. Its a defense mechanism and although it may prevent any pain in the moment it really defeats you in the long run.

>>17239888

I made the decision to start taking small social risks at a time. If I was invited to a party that I typically would of declined, I went. If someone was sitting next to me at a bar or in a public area I would ask for the time, or make a comment about the weather or something else innocuous. Slowly but surely I found myself excited to go out and interact with people, even if some of those people sucked because in my mind I would of rather joked around with sucky assholes than sit at home alone, again, watching life pass me by.

The more I interacted with strangers and forced myself into social situations that I couldn't necessarily escape I found that I was actually better at socializing than I thought I was.

I mean, I was never afraid of people but I never took any chances because like many posters in here I just kept quiet because I assumed they wouldn't like me.

Once I freed myself from that assumption the rest of the pieces just kind of fell in place. I still get rejected but it doesn't hit me in that deep, hurtful place that it once used to.
>>
Have any of the girls been hot?
>>
>>17239384
How much does your physicality (height, weight, physique) seem to play a role in this?
>>
>>17240016

Yes.
>>
Why are you such a liar? Does lying about being a stud on the internet give you a rush?
>>
>>17239384
How's your online dating game bro?
Or are you a strictly a in person guy?
>>
>>17239973
>I made the decision to start taking small social risks at a time.
>Slowly but surely I found myself excited to go out and interact with people
how much time did this process take?

I'm a 25-30 y.o. NEET, I know how to do the very basic of some technical stuff, and I want to stop being a fucking retard and do something with my life, this includes both job and women. thing is, I lack patience, and because of this, I end "just doing" things, which usually end badly (or so I think, I'm kinda perfectionist, too).
should I do an effort to keep my patience and do things gradually, or simply do things, and then pay the price for the risks I've taken?
>>
Is it possible to hook up someone without having a bit of confidence? Is it possible to fake it?

Also, how do i stop my autistic fear of approaching people, especially girls? I mean i know that the chanches of having serious consequences for a bad approach are really, really low and i risk basically nothing, but when i'm out there it seems like reason just doesn’t work.
>>
>>17239391
I do
>>
>>17239973
>I made the decision to start taking small social risks at a time. If I was invited to a party that I typically would of declined, I went.
Let's start even lower, like you have maybe three friends who have their shit together even less than you, so you never had parties to decline an invite for to begin with.

I'm trying to take bigger risks, but it feels like my only options are to go to random events where I know absolutely no one which is a touch more intimidating than I'd like to admit.
>>
File: faceless.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
faceless.gif
2 MB, 480x270
So I graduated from college and moved to Montreal. At the same time my only two montreal friends went on vacation to Europe.

So I essentially have zero friends. Im 22 and dead inside. Meeting new people after school fucking sucks let alone trying to meet women.

The Tinder dates and messages Ive gone through have genuinely made me consider killing myself.

Lend me a fucking hand here, itd be much appreciated.
>>
>>17240102

Luckily, my confidence doesn't require you to believe that its real.

>>17240096

Not as much as you'd think. I'm kind of a tall, larger guy but its all about playing to your strengths. I'm definitely not the toned, skinny, upper-middle class white guy that society tells me I need to be in order to succeed but I make it work. No matter what your shape is theres some girl out there who is into it.

This part of it is literally just numbers. The second part is knowing what your demo is, so to speak. Once you hook up with enough girls you start seeing a pattern in the kind of girl that shows interest. Gather enough data, make the appropriate adjustments.

>>17240122

I do both but I do love online dating. Its super easy and convenient and I can have dates set up in cities days or weeks before I even get there. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it just expands possibilities in my opinion.

>>17240129

It took about a year before I really found my stride. Expect frustration. Expect rejection. If you've ever practiced a skill you know a lot of it was lying face down on a desk and wanting to cry out of frustration and becoming a social creature is no different.

Its okay to expand your skills gradually but falling into your old comfort zone is very easy to do. Whenever I find myself becoming too comfortable I challenged myself to do something more. Comfort zone is the great killer.

Once I got comfortable approaching lone women I started challenging myself to approach groups, stuff like that.
>>
>>17240371

Its possible but I wouldn't recommend it. It'll be fun for the moment but won't do anything to address the root of the issue.

>>17240522

I know this will sound super hokey and stupid but learning to love yourself is the key to getting other people to love you.

When you feel you have nothing to offer, other people see it. When you feel you're worthless, other people see it. When you use relationships as filler for the parts of your life that you feel are empty, people see it.

Nothing is more attractive to women, and people in general, then someone who doesn't need them.

It'll sound very hard and contrived but you need to get to a place where you're happy whether you go home with a girl or not. If you really struggle with confidence I'd recommend therapy but I've said it a hundred times; no one will grow to like you if you don't even like yourself.

>>17240410

Thats not a bad idea. When I was first getting into my career I would just go hang out places relevant to my interests. I went to record shows, concerts, panel discussions, music shops etc., and even though I spent a lot of time keeping to myself eventually I started making connections. It started getting easier to go to these places and see familiar faces.

Once it got easier to see familiar faces we talked more, we started hanging out outside of the establishments I met them at and it all snowballed.

Trust me, I'm very familiar with the cold terror of walking into a building full of people I don't know but once you get over the initial shock of it and start to open up people will notice. Being comfortable in your own skin is a trait that people around you are usually acutely aware of, especially women.
>>
thanks anon for replying to my question.
>>
>>17240567
What about the second part?
>>
>>17239384

this is how you reply to this thread.
>>
>>17240595
>>17240371

>Also, how do i stop my autistic fear of approaching people, especially girls?

Nothing is more daunting than approaching a woman with a goal in mind. The next time you're at the supermarket or waiting in line somewhere just say hello. Ask her how her day is going. No ulterior motive, no pressure. Just be friendly.

Make a comment about the weather, if you're at a line at a bank say something like "Ughhh these lines take forever...". Something innocuous and casual that will spark a conversation.

Ask the girl at the counter how her day is going. She'll say fine, maybe ask you how yours is going. "I'm doing great, planning on going to see (random newmovie) today, have you seen it yet? I hear great things"

Boom. Conversation started.

Even if you have just a brief interaction with her it'll slowly break down your fear of engaging with strangers.

A lot of girls will smile and say nothing or respond with a few words and go about their day but thats ok. That's the point. Do this enough times and eventually your harmless little approaches will develop into conversations.

Start small, is what I'm saying. Don't try to approach some girl and try to get her to date you or have sex with you. Just be friendly, ask friendly questions. It will disarm her and get her talking about things she's interested in.
>>
>>17240602
le announcing le sage meme
>>
>>17239384
How's Chlamydia doing?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.