[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. I haven't cried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1459833766663.jpg (62 KB, 780x467) Image search: [Google]
1459833766663.jpg
62 KB, 780x467
Just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years. I haven't cried or anything yet, just kind of numb on the inside. How do I move on?
>>
Get a hobby and focus on self improvement. If you don't like something about yourself, and it's something you consistently don't like about yourself, take steps to change it. Identify the things you like about yourself and build those parts up stronger.

The relationship stuff sucks and it will for a long time - I've been told that it takes about half the length of a relationship to get over that relationship once it's over with. It's not terribly accurate, but it's accurate enough for a rule of thumb. Point being, don't expect yourself to feel good about it any time soon.

If you're concerned about your emotional reason to breaking up, preemptively visit a mental health professional. With decent insurance it's not very expensive and if nothing else, you'll come away from the experience knowing that you're in relatively good shape.
>>
Also watching some anime did wonders for me, curiously enough. I had two relationships back to back that lasted in total a bit over three years, and when the second one fell apart, the baggage from the first relationship fell out of the metaphorical closet. Took a long time to sort through all that shit, but I feel like I'm in a good place now.
>>
Good luck OP . Its been 5 years for me and I still see her in my dreams. We don't even talk or anything. I think I seriously need help.
>>
>>17180985
Thanks, I'm working on my sobriety now. 3 days.... woo....
>>
Every time I end a relationship I start a new WoW or Tera character. It's became kind of a tradition for me, I'm not even sure it actually helps, but by the time I hit max level I completely forget that I had a girlfriend. I also go to the gym more often, I tend to skip some days when I'm in a relationship.
>>
>>17181024
Definitely gonna get back into shape. Haven't worked out steady in over a year. Now I look like that burger in the picture.
>>
>>17180867
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.