[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:

Avoid asking these common questions:
>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><Random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>Brandon, that one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships and fart guy
Fuck off
>>
if I ask a girl who is at best an acquaintance to go hiking with me, will she construe it as a threat of rape and murder?
>>
>>17061125
It's a bit weird to ask anyone you don't know that well on a hike
>>
>>17061128
bye
>>
File: that fucking banana.jpg (58 KB, 488x639) Image search: [Google]
that fucking banana.jpg
58 KB, 488x639
>send girl friend a funny pic off the internet, she also sends one to me every now and then
>usually no response to those whatsoever
Should I take this as a hint to stop sending her that shit? I don't even do it that often and it's not that big a deal, but isn't it normal to at least acknowledge messages like these? Not like pic related obviously, but more than literally nothing?

>>17061128
I really, really, really like this image.
>>
File: 54849372_p2.jpg (894 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
54849372_p2.jpg
894 KB, 744x1052
>>17061130
Hello
>>
File: 1728427_Overwatch_Zeronis_tracer.jpg (705 KB, 1096x1500) Image search: [Google]
1728427_Overwatch_Zeronis_tracer.jpg
705 KB, 1096x1500
>>17061136
save it, its all yours my friend
>>
>>17061112
What is your gender? Before I ask my question?
>>
>>17061112
Girls, is it possible to have a relationship with you without you cheating?

I've been cheated on twice and I'm starting to question if there are loyal girls out there. Sorry if I come as misogynist, I'm just too hurt right now to care.
>>
Can I buy a girl with free candy?
>>
File: 3.jpg (358 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
358 KB, 750x1000
>>17061217
will fuck for candy boss
>>
>>17061217
What kind of candy?
(Bats eyelashes)
>>
>>17061185
Nah dude. There's no such thing as a faithful woman.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>17061222
pass the controller bro!
>>
>>17061222
Japanese milk mint candy. It tastes amazing.
>>
>>17061234
>female who likes Japanese candy

redflag
>>
What does is mean if this girl who've I've had history with ( ended poorly, she was about to date some asshole) stalks my snapchats and social media but hasn't talked to me in months.
>>
>>17061185
The rates for men cheating are the same as for women
>>
What does it mean if girls who I had history with stalk my snapchat and Twitter but haven't talked to me in months? I could care less it's just gotten to me cause it's gone on for two months and I just wanna know how she feels. Also, it was extremely complicated history.
>>
>>17061239
She is bored or trying to get your attention.
>>
>>17061243
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html

http://www.yourtango.com/201172881/women-more-likely-cheat-men-heres-why

http://elitedaily.com/women/are-women-likely-to-cheat/1057815/

That is not true. At all.
>>
>>17061185
If you are giving me the things I need a relationship.

If not, I will find it elsewhere. After breaking up with you, of course.

I'm sorry you were cheated on. Take some time to get over it. Maybe get back in the dating pool when you are feeling better.
>>
>>17061254
Shit. I won't ever get married then. Fuck being a cuck.
>>
Should I care whether or not girl has a bf if I want to ask her out?
>>
Girls who wear leggings as pants: do you do it with the intention of showing off the assests?
>>
>>17061408
Any girl that would say "no" to this is lying, because it's not that hard to cover your assets with something if you were really dressing for "comfort." But I don't wear leggings as pants, so take that as you will.

>>17061281
You don't need to ask if she's single in advance, but it is poor taste to make a move on someone that's in a relationship.
>>
>>17061408
I don't wear them as pants out of my house, so there isn't really anyone to see my 'assets', so I guess my answer is no.

>>17061281
You should just ask her out instead of asking her whether she's single, if that's what you're asking

>>17061247
You obviously do care and probably want to get back with her if you're asking us this

>>17061185
The common denominator is you. Food for thought

>>17061125
How well do you know her?
>>
men, ass or tits and why?
>>
>>17061281
You should take it into consideration, but not necessarily prevent you from asking her out. i.e., if she says yes, then don't go out until she breaks up with her bf. If she says no, then handle it gracefully and don't pursue her. Just be happy that you had the balls to tell her that you are a fan.
>>
>>17061553
Tits.

They're easy to look at and fun to play with, but you could say the same thing about asses. It's all personal preference.
>>
>>17061185
I have never cheated, so yes.
>>
Guys. Just got broken up with my boyfriend of a 1.4 year. We've lived together for a year, moved in pretty quick. He's asking me to move out and I have to go back to my parents house. But he just asked me to spend another night so we can talk things out in person. Is there really any way I can bring up to him that maybe we can work things out if we have our own space and just date? Or is that desperate. He's already told me he's not happy and wanted a a relationship where we lived together in the past but not anymore now. I'm just in a world of pain.
>>
Met a girl at work who fits into what I like in a girl. That said, she has a boyfriend, so I will not pursue. It got me thinking though, as someone who has never dated and I'm probably getting to an age where it's weird to not have any experience, what do you do about relationships? Do you just let them happen or do you actively pursue one? I don't really go anywhere but to work or the store and I'm pretty introverted.
>>
>>17061572
You don't have much to lose by asking.
>>
File: pepe and wojak crazy.jpg (11 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
pepe and wojak crazy.jpg
11 KB, 250x240
I don't feel like starting a new thread about this, but how do you let a girl who has admitted to liking you know that you're not into her like that? She just told me today, and it's kind of odd because I barely know her.
>>
>>17061185
Sorry that this happened to you. I thought the same thing about guys once, especially since they tend to get more leeway on cheating because they blame their hormones/biology.

For some people, as they mature (if they do), it gets easier to summon the courage to be honest when he/she either loses interest or becomes attracted to other people.
>>
>>17061553
Ass. Don't really know just like it
>>
>>17061610
You just tell her you don't like her like that.
>>
File: 1434658609436.gif (1 MB, 376x349) Image search: [Google]
1434658609436.gif
1 MB, 376x349
>>17061553
I'm more fond of ass. Just a personal preference of mine: a lady with a flat chest but a firm ass is fine, but a lady with a flat ass and a firm chest feels physically incomplete.
>>
>>17061578
The odds of the right girl and a good relationship just falling into your lap if you only go to work and the store are pretty slim. Go out and date. Be brave. It will suck, but at least you went after something that's important to you.
>>
>>17061610
"I'm flattered. I don't mean to hurt you, but I don't feel the same way."
>>
>>17061553
TITS! Tits are so much fun! I live sucking on them.
>>
>>17061562
what if you were with a woman who had a mastectomy then? just not date her?
>>
>>17061633

I mean, I know it's in the OP, but I wouldn't even know where to start. Just randomly go somewhere someday? I really feel kinda clueless on this.
>>
>>17061647
Sorry, but we like tits.
>>
>>17061647
Personality can overcome that setback, but it would be difficult. A nice ass is still fantastic, I just like tits better.
>>
>>17061553
Ass. No idea why.
>>
>>17061610
What did she say? Maybe you took it wrong.
>>
How does a girl tell when an ex is messaging them attempting to be platonically friendly vs being a creepy stalker who cannot get over the breakup?
>>
>>17061647
Why would she get a mastectomy and not get fake tits? If she chose to be titless, then I wouldn't date her.
>>
>>17061647
No, there's more to a woman than tits. But if that's all you think you are, that's what you'll be viewed as
>>
>>17061553
ass. i personally like flat chests.

because asses are more grabbable than boobs
>>
Girls

How do I get over paranoia with regards to women? I'm very apprehensive towards the concept of relationships because while I'm sure I can handle rejection, I can't handle infidelity. I feel it is pretty much the worst thing someone can do to someone they claim to love. And yeah, not every person cheats in a relationship, but pretty much every woman I know has cheated at one point in their lives, as have plenty of the guys, so it certainly seems that numbers are stacked.

I'm at this point where I feel like even trying is pointless because eventually one of us will cheat, whether out of selfishness or a moment of weakness. It's a nightmare scenario where I meet someone I actually like and who actually likes me and then it turns out she was fucking around behind my back.

It's even worse because I know this kind of paranoia often drives people away and is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know where this even comes from. I haven't been on a date in a long time because of it, and I'm just sick of it. I want to actually try and have meaningful lasting relationships but I'm not even sure if that's possible. I'm scared I might be becoming some weird misogynist mgtow type, I just want to have a normal quiet life.
>>
File: city sunrise.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
city sunrise.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>17061665
We were talking about a project that we have for a class, and then she said that we should go on a date sometime. I didn't quite understand what she meant (and I'm a bit socially awkward) and asked "why?". That's when she said it's because she liked me.
>>
>>17061650
Make a focused effort to get out of your comfort zone. Make time for hobbies and activities that force you to meet other people/singles. i.e., maybe you like books or movies - find or start a club thing. Maybe you like cooking or want to learn how to make mind-blowing dishes. Take a class.

(I'm assuming you're averse to the idea of this thing called "online dating" which is a multi-billion dollar industry)
>>
>>17061112
How regularly should I be in contact with a grill before asking her out?
>>
>>17061787

Once you're fairly into the dating stage, have an honest conversation with a girl saying that you really hate cheating and if they ever get the urge to go with someone else just break up with you. Makes them likelier to break up with you? Maybe, you'll look a bit weird. Makes them much less likely to cheat on you? Definitely, you'll look a bit weird.

You can never make things "totally safe" but you can reduce the odds of bad things if you're willing to talk to your partner about it (shame almost no one ever does). That's the way the world works, risk is reducible but accidents happen.

Also I think you're dramatically overstating the likelihood of people cheating - I've been dating for 20 years and I've never had it happen to me.
>>
>>17061798

I have an interest in voice acting and was looking at some acting classes. My main goal in potentially going to one isn't to really meet people, romantically or platonic, but to hone my skills. If I meet people, great.

Online dating is such a weird concept to me. It's like going to a store and picking out what you want. Doesn't feel really genuine.
>>
>>17061807
>I've been dating for 20 years and I've never had it happen to me.

That you know of.
>>
>>17061816
This. Like, the idea of it going on behind my back for a length of time without my knowledge is arguably more terrifying to me, and I just KNOW that will devolve into shit like email snooping or being suspicious of all male friends, and pretty much any deviations of work schedule. All of which I'd find absolutely abhorrent and terrible.

It's a strange feeling, not being able to trust anyone, but being able to trust yourself even less.
>>
>>17061816

Well, you're just throwing the whole concept of trusting others at all out the window then. I think you know that's an impractical way of interacting with anyone ever - you can never been 100% sure of anything. That's the way the world works.

e.g. for me, maybe there was a cheater somewhere. I never noticed anything, I'm a perceptive person, and have never been with "party animals" or hyper-sexual people, so I don't think so, but it could have happened.
That's a possibility.
But it's also a possibility that my best friend stole £20 from my wallet once, or that my mother secretly hates me, or my boss is a sexual predator who will one day assault me.
All these things happen all the time, statistically speaking. But at some point, you have to trust people and assume the best, or you end up in paranoid-land. You do this for all manner of relationships - you just need to learn to do it for sex.

More specifically, I think you need to abandon the idea that everyone is constantly craving some new lover. A lot of people - me for instance - don't operate like that. I'm totally happy with my current partner, and would never hurt them by being with someone else.
>>
>>17061112
whoops wrong thread
>How do I talk to a woman? There's a girl I chat to occasionally but things always peter off and feel awkward. It's me because this happens with everyone, I just don't know how to talk.
>>
>>17061807
Lol, I remember when I was this naive.
I thought we could agree in advance on a relationship framework. Basic mutual respect rules. Communicate when we're falling out of love or losing that spark and make efforts to keep the flame lit. Perhaps even agree to poly relationship as a last ditch thing

The reality is cheaters gon cheat, behind your back and the VAST majority of the time they will NOT tell you in advance. They'll get a thrill off it, they'll say you didn't make them feel special, they needed attention elsewhere and so on and so forth.
>>
>>17061814
I think you're going about it the right way. Hone your hobby/skills and if you meet someone - great. It's just about continuing to be social outside of work.
I can't speak to the online dating thing, but the last two weddings I went to were for friends who felt the same way you do about online dating... dunno whether they just got lucky, and I know they had their share of bad experiences... but it worked out for them.
>>
File: 1408072549428.jpg (192 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1408072549428.jpg
192 KB, 768x1024
There is a girl at my uni who I occasionally make eye contact with.

Is this a good sign that she may be interested and I will be able to initiate a conversation with her?

I am somewhat of a social retard but I am tall and people have said that I'm handsome.
>>
>>17061905

I'm trying to give this guy a useful framework for dealing with people mate, not being naive. What would you suggest he does?
>>
>>17061842
You know yourself pretty well, Anon. I think right now you're hurting in a bad way. Makes sense. But it's two individuals. And I doubt you're doing anything that is making them cheat- or maybe your level of distrust is driving them to cheat? Either way, this Anon >>17061888 put it more eloquently than I ever could
>>
>>17061931
It is a sad state of affairs when kids today are asking what "occasional eye contact" means. And then asking online forums without additional context on whether he can initiate a conversation with her.
>>
File: 1330420810863.gif (2 MB, 380x286) Image search: [Google]
1330420810863.gif
2 MB, 380x286
What's the best way of getting the smell of period blood off your skin? I started fingering my gf, but she stopped me after a moment and said she was on her period. Now I can't get the same out and this is the 2nd time this has happened.

Help?
>>
>>17061973
Yeah well that's how things are now so what was the point of that comment?
>>
>>17061965

That's the thing, it's not because it's happened to me, but because I've seen it happen so much around me. I have female friends and as far as I know most if not all have cheated. My own sister cheated. I feel like I'm surrounded by it and my issues with women are bad enough without adding paranoid insanity to the mix. I don't know maybe I'm just more broken than I realize.
>>
>>17061999

If you're serious about fixing it

a) don't go on 4chan. The cuck memes are too strong and are probably contributing to this
b) go make friends with a committed couple. Go to a church or something, or a book club, a 50 year old married couple. Meet a lot people who guaranteed didn't cheat and absorb that into your brain.
c) deal with it in the same way you deal with rejection - by toughing up and shoving it to the back of your mind.

If all else fails try therapy cause this does sound shitty.
>>
>>17061999
Oh... yeah, you might be more broken than you realize but it's not your fault - your world of females is tainted by females who aren't brave enough to be direct and honest. I hope you give yourself a chance to trust and love again. Your circle of females is just a tiny speck of the broader female population... If anything, I bet you end up with someone who has been cheated on herself - and both of you will have the maturity and experience to know that it's better to be honest when things don't work out, rather than avoiding being direct.
>>
>>17061931
>There is a girl at my uni who I occasionally make eye contact with.
>Is this a good sign that she may be interested and I will be able to initiate a conversation with her?

No. And no. You've clearly indicated an inability to say hello to a girl.
>>
>>17062034
>>17061931

Go to a university club that requires talking, like debating or creative writing feedback sessions. Get used talking to girls by imagining they are guys in a setting where you are forced to talk to them by the rules of the game. It amazes me no one realises this.

Once you're well established there you can look at flirting, which should happen at a club social event. Flirting is exactly like mockery / teasing with your guy friends, but you have to smile and laugh a lot more.

To talk to unknown girls, first practise talking to unknown guys - you probably can't do this either yet but it teaches the same stuff and the rejection is a lot easier to take. Try chatting to a new guy at a lecture about the course content.

Copy this because it is literally a guide to un-fucking yourself. You won't see gold like this again soon.

p.s. the eye contact is probably her being freaked out at you
>>
there was this girl that cheated on her boyfriend with me, she now told me that she wants to give it a try again with her bf, what are the chances of her cheating again?
>>
Both genders I guess.

I'm a 20 year old guy. I've never had a girlfriend/been on dates. I've never really put much thought into this, but I have a date with a girl I sort of just approached randomly after class this weekend.

I'm absolutely clueless as to how I should behave. Do you guys have any tips whatsoever? What should I take her to do?

A friend of mine suggested that I go buy some colored chalk and go draw on the sidewalk in the evening with this girl, because that was her and her boyfriend's first date. Does this sound like an OK first date?
>>
>tfw no qtpie to let me use her ass as a pillow then forget Im there and start farting
Halp.
>>
>>17062124
It's OK. It can come off as charming or weird, depending on her take on it. I recommend bowling or mini golf for a first date.
>>
>>17062084
Thanks I appreciate the help.

I don't think I'm as completely fucked as you assume though, I probably phrased my original question in a bad way .

And she isn't a totally unknown girl to me we just haven't talked one on one before.

Im gonna try to give it a shot anyway, the thing is I never do these cold approaches just usually meet/talk to girls though friends, girls have told before that I should try it sometime though.
>>
If a guy asks if you're into him and you reply "sometimes", will that be a blow to his ego?
>>
>>17061112
Asked a few threads ago but It keeps happening and I only got one answer.

Females, what does it mean when you stare at someone with no expression whatsoever? No disgust, or confusion just a blank stare. Because wherever I go it keeps happening and it's starting to bother me greatly
>>
>>17062165
They think you're hot
They want to kill you
They want you to talk to them
They're not actually looking at you just looking through you (hence blank expression)
>>
>>17062160
Not necessarily. Most of us accept not everyone will be attracted to us. I guess it depends if you've been leading him on. And what the fuck does "sometimes" mean?
>>
>>17062160
what exactly do you mean by "sometimes"?

its probably better you say either yes or no so he doesnt feel doubt/insecurity
>>
>>17062191
>>17062192

Well that's the thing, I didn't exactly mean to say it, he just caught me off guard by asking me and my brain was like yeah let's say fucking sometimes that makes fucking sense... But yeah he hasn't really spoken to me much since so I feel like I completely fucked it up with him haha

Thank you for replying btw :)
>>
>>17061254
There are other studies that say the exact opposite. In fact, statistics on infidelity vary a lot on class/race/etc. and it's pretty hard to measure.
>>
>>17062208
You're probably going to have to talk to him again and explain whatever the hell you meant. Unless you don't like him, in which case he's probably trying to move on, and he's not mad at you.
>>
Fellow guys and girls too

should I quit working out? I'm thinking about stopping. I've been starting to get in pretty good shape. But it's making me feel like absolute shit.
>>
>>17062160
How can you be into someone "sometimes"? Women, I swear to God.
>>
>>17062160
>>17062208

Just reading this makes me feel sad. I feel for him. I'm upset now :(
>>
>>17062224
Yeah don't bother. There's no reason to work out.
>>
>>17062236

That's the thing. I don't know why I've been working out. Although it's gotten me pretty fit, it's increased my sex drive which in turn depresses me and makes me feel like complete shit
>>
File: 71RN5+KhWBL._SY355_.jpg (10 KB, 330x355) Image search: [Google]
71RN5+KhWBL._SY355_.jpg
10 KB, 330x355
Ayy Girls, now bear in mind that I don`t have a significant other right now. But how should I approach someone in a relationship with my chastity fetish? I feel like it`s a bit off putting.
>>
Is it wrong to want my boyfriend to tell me when he's going to be uncontactable for 30+ minutes during a conversation? It's not from a "I'm afraid he's doing something behind my back" standpoint as much as a "I don't want to wait around my phone like a dumbass while he's playing call of duty" and a "It's rude as fuck to leave mid-conversation with no explanation" standpoint.

When I asked him to tell me he said it made him feel like a prisoner. Who's right here?
>>
>>17062224
How is it making you feel like shit?

>>17062252
It isn't wrong, but you can't expect him to always warn you.
None is right. You two are incompatible.
>>
>>17062252

honestly, I think you're making it a much bigger deal that it really is. The point of texting is to leave messages and when the person gets them they will reply. If you want direct contact. Just call him
>>
>>17062260
Oh I don't expect him to always warn me, but I expect him to at least try.

Incompatible is a pretty big phrase here considering this is a tiny issue
>>
>>17062260

Because working out has increased my sex drive. Which causes me to be really depressed and stressed out. I feel confused.
>>
>>17062266
>considering this is a tiny issue
But you're complaining about it.

>>17062268
Hire a prostitute every now and then. She'll make you relax.
>>
>>17062287

No! This is what depressed the fuck out of me. I DON'T want sex! Like, in my mind. I don't want it. But working out caused my sex drive to be more active, so natural instinct overrides my brain and makes me think of girls. But i don't actually want a girlfriend
>>
>talking to girl after club meeting
>she mentioned having like 3 meetings close together on Thursdays
>right as we're about to part ways, I say something like, "Wait I haven't gotten your number yet"
>she had me put my number in her phone

I'm not sure if she's interested. She seemed a little surprised that I asked so it's possible that she just didn't think I was interested until I asked. Anyway, how long should I hold my breath before her silence becomes a rejection?
>>
>>17062292
That's not healthy anon...
>>
>>17062215
>>17062168
Okay.
I need a bit of advice.

I had read her message, and then logged off to get advice here.
She was offline at the time I read anyways, and we often take a while to respond to each other. However, I guess she saw the notification that I had read her message, because I logged back in to send what you helped me draft, and she had sent a second message

>What are you doing right now?

I think that's a good sign, right?
Anyways, I waited a minute, and then sent both a response to that and a response to her previous message:

>Nothing much. Just sitting in bed. And you?
>It's really cool that you have a band. :o What's your band name? And what's the singing contest about? I'd like to watch something like that.
>That's pretty sweet that you can mimic Katy Perry. I'd like to listen to you do that sometime.
>And yeah - it sucks that money's always holding us back. But you know what? I believe in you. I'm sure you'll get the money you need :)

She hasn't read it yet, which is fine - again; most of our chats are super spread out.
But, was that a good sign, and also - did I do well responding like that? I'd like to point out that there's no innuendo attached to "just sitting in bed". I'm literally sitting in bed, posting from my laptop.
>>
>>17062235
Do you think I should tell him that I am in actually into him and that I didn't mean to say sometimes, I'm just a dick??
>>
>>17062299

What do you mean?
>>
>>17062308

Yes you should. And honestly, I feel sad right now because there was a girl I really liked, and sometimes she would flirt with me. And sometimes she wouldn't. So your post reminded me of that, and I put myself in that guy's shoes. And I actually feel sad right now. My night is ruined :(
>>
>>17062308
Only if you actually are into him.
>>
Guys-

What does it take for somebody to win you over? Would it be possible even if at first you didn't seem too keen on the person but eventually after seeing them enough, and interacting enough, do you think you could fall for anybody?
>>
>>17062172
But it happens so much wherever I go I just don't get it. I guess one day I should just ask one of them even though they may be creeped out by it.
>>
>>17062301
Same chick here-
You did good. :)
>>
>>17062325
It's possible but It depends on each person individually. There was a girl that I thought wasn't very attractive but after a while of knowing eachother, I began to like her because I had fun with her.
>>
>>17062308
Say something cute like you were so flustered that you panicked and your brain made you think it was a trick question.
Tell him you really do like him and that you'd like to go on a date.

You can salvage this. Just be honest and tell him you fucked up.
>>
>>17062341
Thanks.
You're a lifesaver.
>>
The OP just says to ask out the person I like, but...

1. Is it worth risking the friendship (cool friend, good times, not that discontent just constant inappropriate thoughts)?
2. Are guys even into older women? (I'm not sure how much older I am, guessing somewhere between 4-8 yrs though).
3. How would I even broach the subject? We hang out pretty often, but I am nervous as hell IRL and I don't have very many friends, I'd be nuking the small social circle I have by asking.
>>
>talking to a girl about hanging out sometime
>girl has guy put guy's number in her phone
>she doesn't text or call

Is this considered a rejection? In other words, if the guy were to talk to her again, would he play things as if he had been given a 'hard rejection' or could he bring up the idea of hanging out again without it being a big deal?
>>
>>17061791
Hey, at least she was clear about what she wanted. I'd just tell her you don't want to date somebody you have to work with in class. She'll know you're lying, but it's nicer than telling her she's fat/ugly.
>>
Do guys generally care about girls hands unless they have a fetish involving them?

I'm self conscious about my hands, I keep my nails done but I dunno, it's an unusual feeling
>>
>>17062341
One more question.
What do you think it means? That she sent a second message?
>>
>>17062401
No, calm down they're just hands. The only thing I care about is if you have a big ass, nice tits, thick thighs, a cute face and intelligence like most real men
>>
>>17062401
Only if you have man hands or stubby nails.
>>
>>17062410
Stubby nails?
>>
>>17062297
Bump
>>
>>17062412
Like a blue collar guy. Short and stubby with no quick at all, receding back from the tip of the finger.
>>
This is a weird question...

I got a message from a girl on OKCupid. She has a lot of the same interests as me, and she seems pretty cool.

I checked her aliases on Steam (she added me to play dota) and one of her recent names was "jake"

I thought that was kind of strange, and then I talked to her about college and she said she took a year off for medial leave and is behind because of it. I said I hoped everything is alright, and she said "It is now, thanks"

She's transgender, isn't she? How can I ask without destroying any chance of a relationship in the case she isn't?
>>
>>17062418
No they aren't like that, my nails are normal my skin is soft I guess the appearance seems aged though
Not like wrinkly ugh I can't explain it ;-;
>>
>>17062425
Sounds like nothing to be honest. I don't think men would notice.
>>
>>17061136
Bumping. How do you people respond when someone sends you an image of what they like?
>>
>>17062208
So, do you like him or not?
>>
>>17062421
Jumping to extremes, really. I change my steam name to all kinds of stupid shit, especially when playing dota. I don't think there's really a tactful way to ask if she's trans, though.
>>
>>17062292
More proof that working out doesn't cure autism
>>
File: 4199675334_66c3e3d61d_z.jpg (33 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
4199675334_66c3e3d61d_z.jpg
33 KB, 620x350
Once again, I spent an evening with the girl I got a crush on.
Yesterday, I went to chat with her, and she invited me to her room, where we listened to some music, and chatted a bit.
Then we went to play board games and watch a movie in the common room, and in the end, I ended up staying up till just now with her, watching stupid vids from youtube.

I tried to follow the advice I was given here, so I sat pretty close to her, to the point that our legs and thighs were touching, and I even sorta wrapped my hand behind her back. Though she didn't scoot away from me, or flat out reject that sort of contact, I didn't really get a feeling that she liked it either, which feels fucking horrible to me. I feel like I acted like a creep, and made her uncomfortable.

Also, when my room mate came to the common room, for just briefly, she instantly focused her attention on him, which made me super fucking jealous. I hate these feelings, because my room mate is pretty ok guy, and seems to have understood that I am interested in this chick, and that he is sorta a third wheel in the situation.

The dynamic between us 3 started with just me and the chick spending time together, and my room mate only later joining in to the whole evening movie watching, board game playing stuff. I guess that my jealousy must have been pretty god damn obvious, as my room mate pretty quickly stopped joining us, even if the chick asked him to come join us two.

In any case, I am still in the dark. She didn't flat out reject my advances, but neither did she show any indication that she like them. Still, she spent the whole damn evening with me, and we laughed a lot together and in general, had a good time.

I did fuck up by at one point, blurting out: "I want to ruffle your hair", to which she replied with a deadpan "why?" which I could only answer with a hasty "dunno".
God damn why am I such a colossal retard with this shit? She probably finds me creepy as shit.
How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>17062421
Isn't Jake a homestuck character? She might just be a fujo.
>>
>>17062440
The thing is, there was only 3 aliases total. First was jake, then qb, then her current one. This is over the course of almost two years.

I think that someone that changes their name for fun generally changes it more often than that.

I guess it might be a bit extreme. She looks kind of oddly proportioned in one of her pictures, in a way that reminds me of the transgender girl I knew in high school.
>>
Do girls find infantry guys atractive?
Do i have a chance not having a car or licence for the matter. How do i find a girl that is kinky.
>>
>>17062297
>Anyway, how long should I hold my breath before her silence becomes a rejection?
You should live your life like she doesn't even have your number, and if she calls it's just a bonus.
>>
>>17062325
>Would it be possible even if at first you didn't seem too keen on the person but eventually after seeing them enough, and interacting enough, do you think you could fall for anybody?
Not quite anybody (everyone has "hard" deal-breakers, eg severe deformity such as dwarfism), but most guys can and do fall for girls after getting to know them deeply, even when they didn't feel anything at first sight.
This naturally depends on how "shallow" the guy is though: the more important physical attraction is to him, the less likely this is. And vice versa: some guys need to get quite familiar with someone to feel anything for them (introverts especially, since they're guarded around strangers, need to get inside the "walls").

>What does it take for somebody to win you over
Showing affection: personally, I can't really feel anything for girls who obviously aren't interested in me or available. Not a hormone-driven teenager anymore, if she has a boyfriend or just isn't into it then i'm moving on. Not going chasing after any white rabbits.

Showing quirks, peculiarities, interesting traits, vulnerabilties, etc: if you come across as a cylon my anaconda don't want none. The more a guy knows about you, the more he can like. Lots of quirks that people think they need to hide are actually cute. Especially if he's a quirky or creative guy.

For guys with high empathy, they're emotional "antennas" and you can induce a connection by experiencing strong emotion around them. This covers the full spectrum, from joy (winning an award, opening an acceptance letter from a job/scholarship/etc) to defeat (getting rejected by someone/something, losing in a competition) to embarrassment (being awkward, blushing, failing publicly, bumping into him, stuttering). Embarrassment is actually the most reliable one, due to the way we're wired to conduct it and process it as "social pain" (pain "hijacks" the brain and interrupts other processing to force you to pay attention).
>>
>>17062453
I have two aliases in almost a year, even though I change mine for fun. Sometimes it's just a running joke. Also you have to be really socially unaware to have your actual name as your steam name.

Just meet up with her. You'll likely know for sure then.
>>
>>17062435
People usually say something, even if they thought it was stupid.

But I also have a diagnosed autistic friend who says she doesn't see the point, so she never responds.
>>
>>17062401
Personaly i dont care. I almost had to have one aputated and no one has ever noticed.
>>
>>17062453
It's rather smart for a girl to have her steam name as a guy's name. Less people will hassle you ingame.
>>
>>17062455
Nothing makes the flood gates open like Infantry blue. Now stop being a fucking pussy and go get yourself a bitch, just make sure you provide the condoms becaue she'll get knocked up for that sweet BAH and Tricare.

Seriously you reprobate little faggot, go.
>>
File: worry.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>17062459
>my actual name is my Steam name
>>
>>17062467
I'm canadian and so far all the towns i have been posted to the woman are not found of us.Except all the maried woman.
>>
>>17062355
1.sure, whatever
2.It depends on the guy and the ages.
3.Why would it disrupt your friend group? Just ask the guy to go to a movie with you or something, it's not a big deal
>>
>>17062375
Yes, you can ask her to hangout again. Girls almost never take the initiative to setup a date, even if they would be interested.
>>
>>17062401
No, as long as they look reasonably clean and not diseased.
>>
File: fakenails.jpg (300 KB, 1424x1424) Image search: [Google]
fakenails.jpg
300 KB, 1424x1424
>>17062401
I don't care. I only notice when gals are wearing fake nails, trashy as hell (especially if you drop a test tube because of them, gah)
>>
File: 1460908415546.jpg (179 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1460908415546.jpg
179 KB, 720x960
Men, would you be comfortable at all if your gf would be wearing something like this in public?
Or would you not care at all?
>>
>>17061553
Tits because nipples sort of break the monotony.
>>
>>17062534
Why would a women wear that in the first place except to show off her ass?
>>
File: BasicFkboi.png (168 KB, 1356x977) Image search: [Google]
BasicFkboi.png
168 KB, 1356x977
>>17062445
>More proof that working out doesn't cure autism
yep, /fit/'s secondary role is as an autism support group
>>
>>17062446
Someone pls.
>>
>>17061112
Married guys (if they exist around here):

How did you know that she was the one?
How did you know the timing was right?
How did you propose?

I'm asking, because my life is moving towards the point where I'll have to think of marriage sooner or later. I love my gf and I can imagine spending the rest of my life with her, but something keeps me from proposing. I can only describe it as the need to wait for the right moment, so I'm looking for some guidance here.
>>
>>17062401
I don't give a fuck. Then again I chew my fingernails and they look horrifying.

>>17062325
>Would it be possible even if at first you didn't seem too keen on the person but eventually after seeing them enough, and interacting enough, do you think you could fall for anybody?
No. I have deal breakers, and if there is no chemistry there is nothing you can do about that regardless of how nice you are.

>>17062471
Putting out personal information is stupid, regardless of how minor. Stop it.
>>
>>17062534
Hell fucking no
>>
>>17062157

Ah ok, sorry for assuming complete sperglordery.

Just remember the key real insight of mental pickup artists - you have to entertain her and look like you don't care yourself.
>>
To anyone. This is what i go through between every girlfriend.

>meet girl, like her
>get to know her or ask her out
>get rejected or some vague non answer at some point
>meet another girl
>repeat
>feel more and more stupid as attempts go by until I finally meet someone I end up with

I can't be the only one. How do you people feel when you go through that phase?
>>
>>17061553
Asking why do we like ass/tits would be the same as asking why do women enjoy big dicks. Same answers.
>>
>>17061408
I don't do this, but a few of my friends do.
They usually wear them during excerise so I think it's for comfort.
I find it somewhat in modest if the butt isn't covered while wearing leggings.

>>17062641
I'm not married or a man.

I say have a discussion with her that's been on your mind lately. Maybe she will help you figure out whats making you hesitate?

She might get scared and the surprise might be gone, but it's better than being rejected in a fancy restaurant.

>>17062975
Unwanted.
It's happens to many people. A good lover doesn't fall on your lap.
Keep trying, but don't get desperate.
>>
>>17062325
For me, being nice. Not TOO nice, because I hate this kind of people. But being nice when it matters is the most important thing for me.

>>17062355
2. I do.

>>17062401
I do.

>>17062446
Ask her if she wants to be gf. Do you want to fall into the friendzone?

>>17062453
>>17062466
Either that or she has an autistic brother. I rarely change the Steam to my name.
>>
>>17063002
What is being too Nice?
Same question to girls.
>>
Guys would you take a girl with a large amount of baggage? Abuse, rape, broken families - stuff like that?
>>
>>17063005
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry can I hold your hair while you suck that guys dick even though I'm in love with you"?
Okay thats being a cuck. Too nice is apologizing you exist and taking all the shit and still offering stuff.
>>
>>17062995
>I say have a discussion with her that's been on your mind lately. Maybe she will help you figure out whats making you hesitate?
If it were up to her, we would've had our first anniversary by now. Also, I'm not even unsure about wanting to marry her, something inside me simply feels the need to "get the timing right".

Thanks for your input anyways though.
>>
>>17063019
Thinking coldly I wouldn't, people call that kind of thing red flags for a reason, and the whole thing about "daddy issues" girls being sluts or whatever. I guess a lot of times those people are left disfunctional for a normal loving relationship, not sure if the ones people usually talk about actually go to therapy or are the kind that dismiss it.

Anyway, if I'm in love I would try it. But I have an history of getting with girls that have had backgrounds of abuse and similar things and it ends up being too much to handle.
>>
GIRLS what makes a guy a nice guy?
>>
>>17062534
If I fully trusted her I would find nice, like she's showing the goods, and a lot of guys would feel jealous that I'm the only one that gets to fuck her. When my gf wears big cleavages they send me pics of it, and likes to tell me when guys stare at her blatantly, it turns me on.

>>17062544
>>17062895
If I was a hot guy I would also like to show off, I think there's no harm in a girl showing off her body too. But it depends, if I had the slightest bit of untrust about her fidelity, I would also feel terrible.
>>
>>17061408
No, they're comfy af. I know my butt shows but it's flat af and besides I wear them with hoodies, so I probably don't look like a sex symbol anyway.
>>
>>17063032
Kindness wihout expecting anything in reiporcation
>>
>>17063019

My current partner has all of those, and I'm fine with it. I wouldn't be too open about it though - sucks to hear but talking about it before you get kinda serious and the guy feels like he knows you, might freak him out.
>>
>>17062534
Looks like normal skintight jeans. Also if thats anything close to your girl u lucky
>>
>>17062534
I wouldn't like it.
Honestly, if a girl ever dressed like that at any point in her life, I wouldn't even be interested in her.
The way I see it is this - if you're advertising your body, you don't have much to offer spiritually. That's not inherently true, but I believe it highlights desperation or confidence issues.
I like girls that dress very conservatively. Likewise, I myself always dress very modestly, too.
>>
>>17062301

Asking my question again

She sent a second message saying "What are you doing right now?" about 7 or 8 hours after she sent her first message.

Is that a good sign?
>>
>>17063063
>The way I see it is this - if you're advertising your body, you don't have much to offer spiritually.
Way to make yourself sound like a twat. For your sake I hope you don't tell girls you're interested in that line
>>
>>17063078
Yeah - nah. I'm a Christian, and I stick to Christian ideals.
Why should you care?
>>
What do girls like to do for fun on a saturday afternoon?
especially with someone they just met a few weeks ago
>>
Why do girls care so much more about self confidence than guys?

Girls find guys with low self esteem unattractive but I never hear guys at the same thing, if anything they think it's cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 600x600
>>17063078

Fuck off degenerate
>>
gril
>>17063174
Alpha/beta behavior isn't as much of a meme as you think. Most girls, deep down, like alpha-acting males.

>>17063161
Some girls like to party, some girls like to pray. I like to shitpost.

>>17063075
she's into you
>>
>>17063174
I find a lack of confidence very unattractive. I don't ignore people with low confidence; I have an innate instinct to help them feel better about themselves, but maybe that's why. People with no self-confidence are just a chore to me.
>>
>>17063002
How do you ask a girl to be your gf?
Can you just flat out ask her like that?
>>
I have a relatively easy task to do, but I can't get myself to do it. Been procrastinating the whole week. Why???
>>
>>17063264
Faggotry.
>>
>>17062975
Feels bad mang. Then my favorite prostitute comforts me and behaves like a gf, then I feel normal again.

>>17063005
Giving small things (or coins) to others all the time, always letting everyone cross in front of you, always helping others, doing favors for people who treat you bad...
My uncle is stupidly nice, that's why he ended up poor, miserable and the people who he used to help don't help him.
>>
Ladies or Guys please tell me what to do!

So I really like this girl and I've been talking to her for about a month now, we have over 4,000 messages between each other since easter.

About a week ago she'd be sending me longer texts and stuff and now it's down to 'Haha alright man'

I've been checking what I've sent her by giving screenshots to my friends because I was worried.

They think it's the funniest shit i'm sending but she's just totally disinterested, I told her I'd hit her up after the long weekend so maybe whatever bullshit I messed up on gets forgotten...
>>
>>17063214
When I asked my current girlfriend out, I used the Donnie Darko line because we both really enjoy that movie
>>
>>17063317
I think you're over analyzing the whole thing, and if you guys have gotten really friendly ask her out on a date, be assertive. Don't let the 4000 messages become 8000 or 12000
>>
Girls

What does it mean if a girl says "oh I'm just trying to keep my distance from men :)"

The same girl who said that used to like me just a few months ago. We are close friends. So what does this mean?
>>
>>17063330
She's kinda like that with a few guys, one of those free spirits but the last week has been one sided convo

tells me about what I ask but doesn't go ahead and try, I think I might just drop her as a romantic interest
>>
>>17063349
People already told you in your thread. They aren't wrong.
>>
>>17063354

It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>17063019
Probably not, but there's still a chance.

>>17063214
I don't know if you can, I'm not experienced, but I'd do it, anyway.

>>17063326
What's the Donnie Dark line?
>>
>talking to girl after a poetry workshop
>she's sort of in a hurry
>haven't seen her since the beginning of the year and don't know if we'll be at the workshop together again anytime soon
>as we're about to part ways, I say, "Wait I haven't gotten your number yet"
>she said, "Oh, yeah we can exchange information. Here's my phone."
>phone had dialer open
>put my number in and call it
>call didn't go through to my phone, but she might think it did

So, as of now, she has my number and might think I have hers. There isn't a whole lot I can do. I could message her on Facebook (she's in the poetry workshop Facebook group), but that might seem a little desperate.

So, here's my question: Will me not calling/texting reflect badly on me? She did ask about the spelling of my name, which could have been her way of saying that she is interested and that she's just in a hurry. I dunno. It's so fucking easy to fuck up with girls. It's nuts.
>>
>>17063355
Dude, what's so hard to understand about a girl trying to lay you off politely?
>>
File: Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png (402 KB, 402x536) Image search: [Google]
Image-1-Guy-Fieri.png
402 KB, 402x536
me again
still no update from that girl, but after a fierce angry work out at the gym "I'll keep lifting until you love me!" and thinking it over last night I let my bad feelings run their course I have a new found resolve.

my new goal?
I'm going to go full alpha, get money, and rub this shit in her face. bitch look what you could of had?
>>
>>17063368
>could of

She isn't losing too much. You can't even spell "could've".
>>
>>17063368
That won't work

You have oneitis my friend

You see, I was madly in love with a qt that rejected me, I used a pic on her instagram showing her backyard to find her house in a city of 300,000 people.

You do not know the depths of obsession my friend. I can say after two years it's been 3 weeks since i last stalked her tumblr.

I couldn't give a fuck about her anymore. This taught me a lesson, women ain't shit.

Move on
>>
>>17063374
nigga ur lucky i dnt type lik dis
>>
>>17063363

I guess because I don't understand how she could be attracted and interested in me just a few months ago, then all of a sudden not like me anymore.
>>
>>17063174

Because society tells everyone that men are strong and women are weak. For a man to have low self esteem is a 'failure.' For a woman to have strong self esteem is a anything from a bonus to a hinderance - women are criticised far more readily than men for being too aggressive/bossy, whereas in men that same behaviour is praised as confidence. Likewise, men a criticsed for 'pussy' behaviour that's seen as cute in women.
And it's not just the opposite sexes doing this to each other, members of the same sex generally hold each other to the same standards too.

But it's all bullshit.

Still, self esteem is a good thing for anyone to have, so I won't exactly tell you to NOT pursue confidence as a guy just for the sake of being contrary.
>>
>>17063395
You do bring a valid point there.

Anyway, you're cool and you can take a joke. What the fuck are you doing trying to be with an ungrateful bitch? You deserve waaaaaay better than that.
>>
>>17063032

A guy who's nice, or a Nice Guyâ„¢?
>>
>been talking to a girl who lives in another town
>A few days ago I was joking about how I had classes in the morning, and she was going to sleep
>the following day we exchange two messages where I pretend to be jealous about that (it was obviously a joke and I think she got it)
>she sends a message around 1 in the morning, asking if I'm sulking. Tell her no, ask why. She says "I dunno, you weren't responding anymore xD"

>my last message was "well I do have a life and I'm living it so i was busy. Why, do you miss me when i don't reply ? :p"

Nothing since. I sent something two days ago to ask if it was my turn to ask if she's mad at me, but no answer by either text or Facebook.

Should I send something to test the waters or just let her come back to me again?
>>
>>17062534

>anyone at all thinking this is over the top

Jesus christ, it's just a pair of fucking skinny jeans. Everyone wears them.
Guys get hung up on the weirdest shit. You don't know dick about fashion - just because it gets you hard, doesn't mean she's wearing it with any intent to tantalise.

Girl can't help that she's got a magnificent ass. Would you be more comfortable with it if she chowed down a few dozen big macs? Those utterly standard jeans wouldn't look so hot then.

Yikes. I don't mean to stoop to a lazy "lonely virgin" joke, but based on sheer numbers alone, I just don't see how any girl could possibly slip through those standards if she's not allowed to wear a fucking pair of jeans.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 576x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 576x600
Last time I chatted with her was a week after we fucked the last time, and she wrote that she wanted to cum from getting eaten out, then getting fucked hard before blowing me, fill her mouth and then cum one last time just by the feeling of swallowing the jizz I would shoot down her throat.

Backstory: We met at a underground concert back in 2004. She turned 16 that summer (consensual in my country,) but I was 20 at the time, so knew it was a little on the wrong side. We never went all the way, but I went down on her a few times, I she gave me a blow job at least once - honestly don't remember. She was still a virgin when I broke up with her, after sleeping with a girl my age, who ended up being my girlfriend for five years.

Anyway, the girl in question and I met a couple of years ago, out on town. She had blossomed into a beautiful woman, and we fooled around that night. I tried getting her to date for a few months with no avail, before she moved to another city. Didn't think about it for a year, and suddenly one night she sent me a text. It was already past my bedritne, so waited until the next day to start a conversation. She was on a short vacation back home, and came over after playing hard to get for half a day. Sex was really good. Top three at least. The next time was a couple of months later, this time less hard to get, and the sex was even better. She talked about how she thinks my genes are top tier, and although we both acknowledge that we're very different, I think she might like to keep me around when her dry spells get too long. She told me that although she's been around a bit since the time we dated 12 years ago, she never forgot about my cock.

Should I:
>send her a dick pic out of the blue and see how she responds
>write her in a friendly tone and tell her that I'm thinking about visiting her city and/or ask her if she's visiting mine soon
>wait until I visit her city (my brother lives there) and tell her that I'm there and ask to meet up
>>
>>17063406
Nope. You've established that you're busy enough not to be hanging off her every word. You were blunt with it, but that's an appropriate philosophy on texting. If she cares she'll respond but you're shooting yourself in the foot by contradicting yourself if you do.
>>
>>17063414
Meant to post in a new thread, but I guess this might work.
>>
>>17063418
>You were blunt with it,
Yeah. I just hope I wasn't too blunt to the point of pushing her away.

I don't like mind games, and I'm afraid that by trying to seem detached I actually..;well, detached her.
>>
>>17063399
I didn't really like her at first, and when she's around she's so nice to me so maybe I was misinterpreting phony behavior or something. But we actually do have a lot of shit in common and seem to get along so there isn't actually any good reason why we wouldn't have a good time if we went out together.

Unless of course it was all fake and she isn't actually like that at all.
so basically I think I developed feelings for a fictional person.
However she is a gym rat so dat ass doe
>>
>>17063413
You're a slut. Not even prostitutes wear those.
>>
>>17063425

I hear you. Any chance you could just fuck her and move on with your life?
>>
>>17062312
>>17062350
So I tried talking to him, and he basically gave me one word replies, I think I've left it too long to salvage :(
>>
>>17062252

It's a grey area. Back in my day, sonny jim, there was a little thing called 'brb' for when people had to go afk for a minute. But texting becoming the standard over instant messaging seems to have seen the death of active, attentive text chat, where you're specifically engaging in text conversation rather than just idly checking your phone while doing other shit and responding whenever you feel like it.

I wouldn't say either of you are right, just that you're using texting for completely different intentions, where you see it as an engaged conversation and he sees it as loading screen filler. And when your intentions are that different, is it even a conversation anymore?

Saying he feels like a prisoner sounds pretty fucking dramatic though. But maybe he just didn't understand what exactly you were taking issue with. Gotta admit, it made my eyebrows raise for a second before I thought "yeah, okay, that's fair."

Typical solution, communication and compromise.
>>
>>17063434
that would be ideal. The more I think about it, assuming she's actually really a nice person for the most part and just a complete flake I would still be interested with a friends with benefits situation.
>>
>>17063444
Post a screenshot of the chat. Being a girl, I doubt you can't salvage it.
>>
>>17063464
Of him being unresponsive or me being a fuck up??
>>
>>17063474
Both would be good.
>>
>>17063414
The second one. Tell her that you're visiting.

The first is stupid. I don't like dick pics out of the blue. That's not hot. Plus it's awkward if she's not expecting it and opens your text in a public place.
>>
>>17063478
I don't know if I necessarily want to post them here cause who knows who could be reading... But I just started a converstaion with him to test the water and his two responses were yeah and nope and that is literally it.

As for me fucking up well it's the whole "sometimes" thing and being emotionally void and thus not able to express myself lol
>>
>>17062191
>>17062192
>>17062225
"Sometimes" means "yes but yes is too revealing oh god wat do, I know, I'll leave myself room to play it off as a joke in case this is some kind of trick! Good work, brain, nailed it!"

Don't act like guys never pull the same shit, trying to weasel into getting a girlfriend because they're too scared to be direct.
But yeah, girls probably do it more, and are probably more prone to dropping the ball when a guy musters the balls to directly hand it to them.
The thing is, when you're direct with someone else, you've had a chance to psych yourself up for it. When someone else is direct with you, it's a surprise and sometimes you just aren't ready for it and can't be as direct in return.
>Think fast!

But really, any answer to "are you into me?" that isn't some kind "no," "I don't know," or pure laughter, probably means you're in. I can't really envision a scenario where "sometimes" wouldn't essentially mean "yes". At worst it could mean "yes, except when you're an asshole, which makes me unsure and in need of further wooing," but that's still a yes.
But yeah, would never hold it against anyone for not knowing how to take an answer like that.
Poor men.

(Not the girl with the problem btw, just chiming in because I'm bored and procrastinating).
>>
>>17062252
I agree with this >>17062264

I'd maybe understand if you were having a very serious, nerve wracking conversation.

Are you really just sitting around doing nothing while you wait for him to respond? I'm always doing something else. Browsing 4chan, whatever.
>>
Ladies , how much pubic hair on a men do you prefer?
I like to clean shave for myself but i am unsure about what ladies may feel
>>
>>17063508
Why the second one? I'm pretty sure she's mostly interested in what I can do for her physically. She thinks my lifestyle is laughable.
>>
>>17063523
Lol I am the girl with the problem and I appreciate your chiming in

It's nice to see someone getting exactly what I mean haha
>>
Girls, how likely are you to take someone back?

A little backstory:
>I said some things that hurt her and she didn't feel like I loved her anymore. I would never say anything that was meant to harm her in anyway.
>She said this in the heat of the moment and so I have her about 2 weeks to calm down, no contact.
>I'm going to try and talk to her again today.

Girls, what would you do in this scenario? Give me a second chance? Tell me to leave?
>>
Girls, would you date an older guy if he was really attractive? Like would you date, Ryan Gosling (38), Brad Pitt (52) or Sam Elliott (71)?
>>
>>17063542
I'm a guy who has been in your situation.
Well, it really depends on the girl and all those other little details but, probably you'll get rejected again. but, there's only one way to know for sure.
>inb4 "I ASK GRILLS!"

Fuck off be grateful you got a reply.
>>
>>17063537
Yeah, and she also said that it's confusing and stupid. Haha.
>>
>>17063514
>and his two responses were yeah and nope and that is literally it.
Yikes.
Hard to say without knowing what you texted him, but you might have kinda blown it. Depends if pursuing this is really worth that much to you.

Thing is, he came at you with a pretty ballsy move, and you fumbled it. So he's gun-shy how, he's not going to try that again. He's got no reason to expect you'll pick it up next time, no indication that he won't just fall on his face all over again at best or be treated like a harasser at worst.

So the ball's in your court now, it's up to you to be the one to make your own bold statement if you want to resuscitate this.

It's a risk though. On the plus side, he's already shown he can be bold, so you have a bit more precedent than he had to go into this that he'll be receptive. But on the other hand, especially considering his one-wrd responses, he might have already emotionally closed the door on you. Which might sound harsh, but putting yourself out there for someone is an emotional risk that guys have to do a hell of a lot, and a lot of them don't want to risk getting hung up and being fucked around with, you know?
>>
File: 1440273806338.jpg (84 KB, 570x526) Image search: [Google]
1440273806338.jpg
84 KB, 570x526
For both genders:

What if your partner genuinely loved you but wanted to artificially inseminate/be artificially inseminated by someone they deemed a superior genetic match instead of getting impregnated you because of ethnicity? Let's also say that your partner is asexual.
>>
>>17063549

>Ryan Gosling
Maybe, it seems like the gap might be enough where he could be some kind of mentor-friend.
>Brad Pitt
No, That's old enough where it would be weird and young enough that he'll be alive a long time.
>Sam Elliot
"I totally married him for the love, definitely not so that he'd write me in his will"
>>
>>17063581

...Horrified?

Like, sure, if you have a family history of insane health problems or something, but because of your ethnicity? What the fuck?

Don't be a doublecuck, sounds like she's already not fucking you, now she wants to make you raise someone else's baby? Fuck her.
>>
>>17063549
Sam Elliot is the greatest person to ever exist. And if you think he's not, see his mustache and think again.
>>
>>17063587
Are you serious? You really care about age because of social implications? So if you liked someone then you wouldn't even date them because the age gap would creep you out, even if you were 50 and they were 20 + attractive?
>>
>>17063608

I don't really give a shit what society thinks, there's just no way I could enter a healthy sexual/romantic relationship with someone ~30 years my senior because we're fundamentally different people.

When I was I was 18 I went on a date with someone who was almost 30. He spent a lot of time talking about how his PhD was going. It just made me feel like a fucking kid the whole time.
>>
>>17063614
Which you were
>>
>>17063614
would it help if he dressed like a swag boy?
>>
>>17063542
Bumpo
>>
>>17063360
It's "so are we going easy or what?"

Or something like that. It worked so, that speaks for itself
>>
>>17063617

Yeah, but that kind of discomfort doesn't go away. It's still hard to look at a man in his forties with an established career and kind of bumble my way through how fun college is right now.

I don't have to handhold you on this shit, older men have lower energy and lower sex drives, even if they're healthy. And obviously, if you marry one, you'll be middle aged when they're in hospice care. I'd do it for Ryan Gosling. But only Ryan Gosling.
>>
>>17062017
not that anon, but thanks for this, put some of my problems into perspective
>>17063396
shit changes man, people change their minds all the time, change is life, be like the river and roll with it. She's trying to let you down gently. take the hint, accept it, find someone better
>>
>>17063632
Ok, but what about just sex? I really meant to ask "can handsome men still be attractive to young girls despite their age?"

Thank you
>>
>>17063581
I know that cuck means allowing or watching your partner to have sex with someone else, and it gets thrown around here to the point where maybe it's lost it's meaning just a bit, but in all honesty I feel that if you were watching your partner go at it on your bed with someone else, it would be less of a cuckold than what you've suggested.
>>
Is it rude/unfair/mean to unfriend someone on Facebook if you added them because you like them, they know it, and it's going nowhere?

I have one in particular I'd rather not see pop up in my contacts. It'd be easier to forget her and she never talks to me from her own initiative anyway.

Thing is I did it before in such situations and got called an unfair and mean person for it by those girls. Keep in mind that if they ask, I make it clear and politely say i have nothing to do with them anymore since we're not looking for the same things.
>>
Has anyone here managed to get along well with someone who first rejected you?

There's this girl who rejected me a year ago and we've been in really cold relations ever since. For all that time I've been developing even greater oneitis instead of moving forward. Also, I know that for all that time she was single.
Some time ago, however, I started noticing more and more signs that she might be interested in me. I'm seeing her 5 days a week so there's a lot of time and situations.

The problem is, I think I have developed a horrible anxiety any time when we are at some closer contact. My limbs are shaking, my heart is pounding and I can barely speak. If we were to go on a date, I think I might pass out the moment I would see her.

I am quite shy but I have no problem talking to any other person and I have many friends.

Is there any hope for "us" or I should forget it?
I actually have only a little time left before our paths diverge.
>>
>>17063549
I'm 24.
Yes to Ryan Gosling (he's 35 btw), not to Brad Pitt or Sam Elliott.
>>
>>17063689
No, it isn't. Ignore their bitching.
>>
>>17063549
>Brad Pitt is 52

Holy shit I feel so old.
>>
>>17063706
>not wanting to bang sam elliot
you cannot deny the moustache
>>
>gf and I have amazing relationship
>both tell eachother that we want to marry each other someday many times
>last night she asks me what my intentions with her are (in a cutesy fun playful way like ohhhh anonnn what are your intentiooons with mee)
>give the obvious answer "ohhh to marry you"
>I ask in a playful way "oooh would you like that"
>she answers nonchalantly with "I wouldn't mind it"
>think she may just be teasing me so I ask"ohhhh but would you want it"
>same reply a bit more serious
>start to worry she's having second thoughts about our future together
>I probe further and ask her about the subject a few more times wanting to know why her opinion has seemingly changed
>she tells me "Yes I do want to"
>I ask why she didn't say that in the first place as I was worried she was having second thoughts
>Despite having told me many times before that she wants to and bringing up the subject entirely on her own, she says she isn't comfortable telling me that she wants it
>She's now upset that I "forced" it out of her
>I ask her why she had no problem telling me before
>She told me what I wanted to hear so I wouldn't feel hurt
>Tells me a lot of other hurtful things out of anger

What happened here? She's told me her desires for the future before, and got mad at me for asking her about it more as I felt she was having second thoughts and going back on the things she's said. I feel hurt and upset over a lot of things here. She basically asked if I planned to marry her, I asked the same in a more direct way and she gets upset and claims that I "forced" her to express it after just talking about the subject in general for a few minutes. Her just telling me things I want to hear so I don't feel hurt makes me wary of trusting her. Other things she said made me feel hurt and upset too.
>>
>>17063787
would you let him buy you a coffee?
>>
>>17063795
Either you or her has autism.
>>
>>17063533
The second because warning her gives her time to do her laundry and shave her hooha
>>
>>17063795
Who the fuck gives any response to "hey want to get married at some point in our life" other than "yes" unless it's not a long term relationship or they aren't planning to marry. You don't get to be "uncomfortable saying it" because that's the literal goal of a long term relationship, and marriage talks would only occur in a long term relationship anyway. It's a bit childish to ask about unless you just want to hear the words spoken and it's even more childish to give any response other than "yes" unless you don't want to stay with the person
>>
>>17063795
She clearly doesn't want to be with you long term
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.