[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the Opposite Gender Anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 146549-148811.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
146549-148811.png
42 KB, 300x300
Start your question with Guys, Girls, or Both, so we know who you want to respond.

Avoid asking questions in the FAQ.
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:
>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><Random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out. This is something that cannot be explained. You either have learned to intuit this or you have not. If you have not, the only way to learn is experience--there are no shortcuts. So it comes back to: Just ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online. If you never put yourself out there, you will never get anywhere.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>Would it be weird to use Facebook to (re)connect with this person?
That's actually its EXACT intended purpose.

Old Thread: >>17034199
>>
Girls,

Is TRP right about this one thing? Are women the gatekeepers when it comes to consensual sex?
>>
>>17037437
Yes. This is true. Beware though, they can and will remove consent when they see fit, even after the deed is done.
>>
>>17037439
I wasn't really worried about the whole consent thing. What I mean was this. Are women ultimately the ones to decided who has sex and who doesn't (out of heterosexual men of course)?
>>
For both sexes in/was in a relationship

How much of your current gf/bf looks like you or vice versa?
physical appearance, or even mannerisms that he/she/you have picked up? Maybe it's the way you guys smile? Maybe you both wear glasses?

I'm asking because people say that opposites attract, but when you really think about it, I feel like there's some amount of subconscious common-ground that is established waaay beforehand.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 450x402
Humans,

>be 20 in uni
>be in 2 year serious relationship
>be generally neutral about it, but the neutrality is killing me
>gain crush on friend while being emotionally twisted by my bipolar feelings for my gf
>crush makes me feel even worse because now I get jealous when I see her with other guys, I've had dreams about her, and drunk me should stay 20 miles away from her
>meanwhile, I'm trying to be a good bf, which is becoming increasingly difficult when I don't know how I feel half the time, I suck at communication, I'm very wishy-washy, suspicious that she's trying to control me, and I'm also nearly destitute and I don't have a car. I'm heavily considering going on food stamps once the summer rolls in and I can work again
>gf comes from a family that can actually afford to take care of her a little more than mine, enough to keep her with a car and food money

I basically feel stress and cynicism every day I wake up, and it's been like this for the past two weeks. How do I stop being on the fence about my relationship, because at this point I either need to leave her or fully invest myself in her. I love her to hell and back, but to accept her means to accept adulthood and selflessness that much faster, something that's made my father before me miserable, since he did the same thing, resulting in my shitty ass.
>>
>>17037451
Scratch the last part about the stress and cynicism- it's been like that the entire relationship, its just gotten considerably worse in the last two weeks
>>
Im a schizoid and ive had girlfriends before but i didnt really feel a lot towards them, now i like this girl a lot Because we have a lot in common but as far as i know she isnt interested in me at all, if i see her walk past i get deppressed for hours, and it bothers me a lot to feel this way for nothing Because you win some and you lose some but with her i cant move past that
What can i do?
>>
>>17037451
Dude, don't be shitty. You're using your current gf and you don't even love her. Come on, man. Break up with her.
>>
>>17037458
Wait what? No, I don't use her, man. How did you get that out of what I said?
>>
>>17037462
I got from your post that since you don't have a car and she's financially okay then you are with her. I was obviously wrong.

Any chance you do this subconsciously, though?
>>
>>17037464
No, the point of that statement was that she isn't as stressed about her living situation as I am. I'm actually massively indignant about not relying on her financially because that would probably fuck me up even further and it would be generally shitty. She does drive me around, but more or less, I'm taking to bus or calling ubers when I need to get places.

She's financially okay in regards that her and her parents are taking out fucktons of loans and they have leftover money to make up the difference. Also her dad is military.
I've spent every cent I had on school and trying not to starve or freeze to death. I even used to be a /v/irgin but I can't even justify that expense anymore.
If anything, our situations are going to completely reverse after graduation. She's probably going to be buried in debt, but I'm probably going to have to owe maybe $7k, and that might be generous.

That's more of an issue I thought about down the road, but now that I'm typing it, it's fucking scary that I could potentially end up with her debt
>>
>>17037488
>it's fucking scary that I could potentially end up with her debt

That IS a scary thought. Back on topic though, do you really want to be with her, do you really love her? Or do you think you're used to her and thus you are too much into your own comfort zone?

Be honest with yourself, if she doesn't make you happy you don't owe her shit and you're free to leave; but if she does make you happy and you do love her you need to have a long and hard talk with her.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck.
>>
guys:
i met a guy online and i really enjoy talking to him. but i have a bf who i love with all my heart. so far, my approach is that the boundary is that i need to feel 100% comfortablw with sharing what i do online with the bf or else i stop it immediately. it happened that the conversation turned too lewd a few times, so today i told this guy that i need to cut contact because of this. now i feel really bad. like i abandoned him. was this the right thing to do or do you think it is possible to keep to those boundaries and maintain a platonic friendship still?
>>
Should a man be more "What's in it for me?" instead of "You can take my seat good lady!"?
>>
>>17037526
No.
>>
>>17037523
So you're saying that you feel bad he crossed the boundaries you set? And you abandoned him because he crossed said boundaries?

And you love your boyfriend with all your heart... yeahhhh, right.
>>
>>17037448
We are extremely different in appearance but we are both pale and we have the same hair color. We share the same values, interests and sense of humour. Which is why we clicked so much.
>>
>>17037536
you're absolutely right. i did the right thing. i'm just a bit concerned about him. he is blowing up my inbox and i can't deal with stuff like that very good. i feel bad for making him feel bad. however, he knew the boundaries and crossed them. i shouldn't feel bad and stick to my values. thanks anon.
>>
Girls: Do you ever feel a bit aroused when wearing certain pieces of clothing? I wore pantyhose for the first time the other day, I had previously just worn tights, and I needed to relieve my pent up arousal when I got home.
>>
File: euroAbortionRate.jpg (50 KB, 542x659) Image search: [Google]
euroAbortionRate.jpg
50 KB, 542x659
>>17037217
>Hoy do you know we're opposite genders?
Many people here display characteristic thought patterns and prejudices that are burned-in during childhood or built up over many years of social development. They can't just be adopted for a quick troll, even trans people have to learn them if they transition after puberty.
This doesn't necessarily make them "male" or "female" though: for example, trans people are complicated (especially depending on when they began transition) and butch lesbians often take on some traditionally male roles and expectations.
>Also, what are your thoughts on abortion?
See >>17028129 (responded to this in an earlier thread)
Side note: I wish normal people would randomly bring up questions like that for casual conversation.
I can't make small talk to save my life, but ask me about a serious topic and i probably even have charts and data to share.

>>17037444
Of course, unless you consider rape acceptable (which i hope you don't).
>>
>>17037543
kek
but yes, it happens. but usually only when i already am in a very horny phase.
>>
>>17037448
My ex didn't look like me, but we were kind of the same race, and we both found each other attractive. She's a lot more pale than me though, but we're both skinny. That's about it really.
>>
>>17037448
nah, the bf and i don't look alike at all. but sure, could be that we have things in common that WE don't recognize. but i do think that couples grow to be more similar over time. gestures, body language and things like that might be shared after a while. however, my bf and i share a lot of stuff like intersts, humor, values and thelike.
>>
>>17037448
afaik studies so far have shown that people are more sexually attracted to faces significantly different than their own, yet still show non-sexual preference and trust for similar ones: basically, someone who looks the same as you tends to go in the friend/family-zone ("befriend, cooperate with and help this person a lot") and is immediately seen as "safer" and more trustworthy/loyal, but the very different face goes in the "bow-chicka-wow-wow" box.

>>17037454
Same here anon, sorry to hear that. Don't have much optimism to offer.
>but as far as i know she isnt interested in me at all
How do you know?
>>
>>17037558
As far as i know she is shy but we have smoked weed before and after that we messaged each other but she took a huge time(and im kinda obsesive so i checked her inbox and she was constantly logging on without replying ) to reply and she was always pretty dry so to speak
>>
How big of an idiot would you consider a guy who wants to date a girl, who lives in another country who he never met but who is on exchange and seems keen for a meet and fuck?
>>
Girls, why do we men have to start the conversation first?
>>
>>17037627
They don't. But fuck the whole "Why is he not texting me back?!?" thing.
Strangely enough, looking at this board it seems to apply for both genders.
>>
Why can't you girls ask guys on dates more often?
>>
Anyone, so I think i've made my first friend in a new city.

Problem is I am not sure if flirting or friendly... we've been talking over fb for awhile it's going good we kinda tease eachother she's very beautiful

How can I tell? Theres some banter, and a little playful tension. I didn't add her when we started talking and she won't now.

I'd prefer a friend so do you guys have any tips to tell?
>>
>>17037627
You don't. If I like a guy and I think he likes me back, I text him often.
>>
Why do some girls/guys over a breakup from a non LTR?
I know it hurts and shit, I saw my friend be depressed for like 6 months after breaking up with his girlfriend of 7 months. Guess this isn't a good example since it was his first love, but still

Is it worth being sad over someone you only knew for such a short time?
>>
>>17037828
It depends on the person. As you said it was his first love, meaning he had no long term relationship to compare it to, you can't compare things to something you haven't experienced yet and that's the closest he's had to it

You'll come across people who affect you differently in life, long term short term, these are just buzzwords in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>17037502
Thanks, anon. We've literally just had an argument about me wanting to stay over her place because my roommate is having her bf over this weekend and she expressed to me that she has some healthy needs to meet. My gf is bothered thinking that I'm only asking for that reason (which I am) and that I never want to stay over (which is not entirely false but false enough where I can't accept it) so she's basically telling me to fuck off. Sure, I'm being a little (probably a lot) selfish, but I've always opened my door to her, fed her, and gave her a place to stay and nap when she's taking a break from classes or work.

I'm basically annoyed with this, which is something I don't need with finals and a new job approaching, so I think it's in my best interest to leave.
>>
I asked a girl to hang later, sent around 10am. It's now 1:20pm and no response

Is it reasonable to send another text to make sure she got the first
>>
>>17037953
No
>>
>>17037953
are you two in a relationship? If no, then move on and meet other women.
>>
>>17037963
But what if she actually didn't get it

We talk a lot so it's strange to just ignore me
>>
>>17037967
you know, theres like, a million other women and men you could talk to, right?
>>
>>17037994
But she's really cute what if I never get a girl as cute as her :(
>>
Lost a lot of weight a few years ago at 25 years old. A friend of mine's mother thinks I'm hot now and wanted to hook me up with a girl she works with. The girl is extremely shy so they wanted to set up a bbq or some get together or something for us to meet so she can run off to the mother if she gets uncomfortable. Mother gave her photos of me, she's interested. Cool. Well three months of no get together or any word of one I decided to send her a pm on Facebook asking if she's still interested in me. Two weeks later nothing.

Do I just ask again or try to start an actual conversation through facebook or just leave her alone?

I'm socially retarded too and have never dated. Don't want to be intrusive or look desperate.
>>
>>17037998
fuck off fucciboi
>>
>>17038006
You should have given up after three days, let alone three months plus a message.

This seems to be a common problem among guys. You may not understand dating so let's try another context. If you apply for a job, how long would you wait for an interview? And if you waited that time before finally calling or writing to ask about the application, how long would you wait without receiving a response to that contact too? How much evidence do you really need before understanding that these people aren't interested in hiring you? It doesn't matter how badly you want the job. It's simply not realistic to expect employment at a place which isn't giving you the interview that you need.

It's time to use equal amounts of common sense with dating.
>>
>>17038010
What? Why am I a fuccboi what does that even mean
>>
Do you automatically become a BF/GF when you start dating someone?
>>
>>17038025
only care about looks and just want to get your dick wet. Stay thirsty
>>
>>17038069
Just like every woman on this planet, superficial as shit

So what's your point? Acting like women aren't just as shallow and even more sexual than men
>>
>>17038017
I was just unsure if she's too shy or not, got a house, a career going and I'm a lot prettier than most people that would go for her

Im in a white trash area and most single women my age have kids and or previous husbands I'd be tied to. Her main appeal to me is having no kids or ex husband.

Not sure how to meet people since I hate the attention I get at bars now. Girls who approach me in a too flirty manner freak me out since most of them are married and gay people are rapey so I thought I'd get along better with someone with low self esteem that avoids that atmosphere. Thanks though I'll figure something out maybe go to a church or some animal care center and volunteer or something
>>
>>17038069
t. hambeast who "only dates men above 6'3, that drives an R8 and makes 90k a month"
>>
>>17038050
no. not when you are out of middleschool.
you go on dates to find out if you two are compatible. however, there might be a "turning point". for me, this is if we start introducing each other to family and start acting "couply" infront of friends. but for some couples it takes a "what are we" talk first.
>>
>>17038050
No. Dating is just about getting to know one another while in a romantic context. It's a trial run of spending time together, matching emotional needs, feeling out intimate compatibility, etc. There's no commitment about doing that in the future. Depending on who you ask there's also no commitment about exclusivity during that time.

Only after that process should you weigh commitment. You decide whether committing (to your partner's needs, the effort required to maintain the relationship, being with them at the expense of other people) is worth what you get in return. If it is, you make it "official."
>>
This place is full of kids but I need to vent so I will post anyway

I am 35yo, divorced and surrounded by 24somethings girls at work.

There are only 2 women my age: one is completely out of my league and the other is such a incredible bitch I would rather turn gay and get a boyfriend.

Fuck this life.
>>
>>17034452
>>17035618
Bumping these from last thread
>>
>>17038113
You should be less shit after 17 years of adulthood. You've had plenty of time to git gud.
>>
>>17038050
Wel going on a couple of dates doesn't make it so, that what "going official" means
>>
>>17038113
"Out of your league" is stupid thinking. It like saying you lost the race you didn't run in
>>
>>17038121
That's pretty similar to Gretzky's "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take," and people love living by that shit.
>>
>>17038116
What is your point?

>>17038121
>"Out of your league" is stupid thinking.
That is exactly what I meant by "this place is full of kids"

"Out of your league" because "oh, she is pretty" is one thing

Another thing is:
>She is taller than you
>she is far prettier than you
>she is richer than you and has a better job
>she has at least 2 followers she keeps for gifts and company
>she is far more active than you
>she is even more imposing than you

If she was the only option, I could even consider stepping my game, but not really, too much trouble and she is not even my type:
>She is taller than me
>>
File: infatuation.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
infatuation.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
to femanons : I get freaked out/thrown off by girls I like because they'll be super friendly/flirty etc. one day then kind of cold the next

is it a sign they've lost interest or am I over analyzing
>>
Girls, how can I safely tell someone I'm seriously into them? I know she's into me, I just want her to know I'm REALLY into her.
>>
>>17038142
That is just life, get used to it.

And yes, you are over analyzing if you trying to make sense out of 1-2 interactions.

You need at least 5-6 to have a general idea of what is going on and more than 10 if you can't afford to hear a "no, I was just being nice".
>>
>>17038132
Wow what a retard, my ex not only had a great job when I didn't have one at all, she was way more attractive than me, her ex BF was a 10/10, im a 6 on a good day, she had a Benz and another car, I had no car at all and couldn't even drive..

Maybe the Internet fucked your mind or you're trolling but you should be old enough to know all women aren't the terrible ones the legends on 4chan talk about

You're fucking 30+, grow up
>>
>>17038132
The point of saying "you should" to someone is the suggestion to do that thing.

Unfuck your life. You probably wouldn't even be working at the job you have right now if you had made better use of the past 17 years. But at least by making appropriate headway now, you'll eventually end up not in such a disappointing situation.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>17038175
>>17038175
>my ex

That says everything...

Also, my point wasn't even that I wanted that woman and I feel frustrated I can't get her. She is super cool and we are good colleagues.

The problem is that I have all these 20something girls around me, we talk a lot but I can't flirt, just for the sake of flirting, with them without looking creepy.
>>
>>17038194
You could flirt with them just fine if the people watching respected you.
>>
Let's say you've known somebody for a while and there were times you thought they may have been interested in dating you, but you didn't make a move because you were either pre-occupied with another or just didn't feel that interested. Let's say you needed to do some growing up and sorting yourself out before you could appreciate this person who may or may not be a very good match for you after all. Let's say time has passed and you find them more interesting now that you know them a little better and realize you have potentially very compatible personalities/dispositions. Is it safe to assume that if they liked you at all in the past they probably moved on/lost interest, or is there any sort of chance for you to be together?
>>
>>17038204
>or is there any sort of chance for you to be together?

There are chances, yes.

Try it, but be prepared for a "no" just like any date.

Fuck, how I wish you were someone I knew and had the same experience...
>>
>>17038204
You are not a bomb defuser trying to figure out which of 40 wires will disarm the nuclear warhead. Yet that's how complex you're making this situation out to be. You're also way too concerned about knowing the outcome ahead of making the decision.

Just make the move. Let the results answer your question. And no, I don't want to hear why you "can't." Do it.
>>
Ladies would you prefer a strong guy who isn't buff or a buff guy who isn't strong?
>>
To both. How to distinguish love from crush? Are there smooth in-betweens?
>>
>>17038201
>You could flirt with them just fine if the people watching respected you.

Sure, of course.

And who said anything about "the people watching" ?

It is ME who feel creepy flirting with them, stupid.
>>
>>17038236
>How to distinguish love from crush?
Crush is the butterflies in the stomach, so to say.

Love is admiration, tenderness, care, and many other positive feelings except the butterflies.

>Are there smooth in-betweens?
>>
>>17038237
If the people watching respected you, you wouldn't feel creepy about it either.
>>
>>17038254
Sure, keep going with this logic, bro...
>>
>>17038258
Okay.

If you stopped feeling creepy, you'd be too busy flirting to have anything to vent about.
>>
>>17038265
now you are getting funnier, go on.
>>
>>17038268
Not having things to vent about would be a measure of a more successful life.
>>
>>17038228
Fair enough, thanks for your post, it helps a lot.

>You're way too concerned with knowing the outcome
Yeah I'll be honest and say my self esteem with women is not through the roof. I can admit to that. I never said I can't or I wouldn't though. But while I've always liked the idea of making friends and getting to know somebody before diving into a relationship, I've often been told that women in particular get really annoyed and lose interest if a guy takes too long. If that's true, I'd like to adapt my behavior so I don't make the same mistakes again in the future.

>>17038219
How do you know they haven't had similar thoughts?
>>
>>17038352
>How do you know they haven't had similar thoughts?

Because she never said so or did much that would make me believe she had.
>>
>>17038376
and when I had a chance to actually show that I had some leftover feelings for her, I screwed it up and didn't, so she will never know either.
>>
>>17038236
A crush is an infatuation that comes from an impression. It does not necesarily have to have any basis in reality whatsoever (E.G. having a crush on a celebrity you've never actually seen). It is purely one sided. It completely overwhelms your senses.

Infatuation is a feeling of excitement and "butterflies". It can be one sided or mutual and is based on a gut feeling. It can provide a slight "rose tint" to everything you see.

Love is a mutual bond built that provides a feeling of comfort and understanding. By nature, you can only be in love with someone who you truly know and have spent time interacting with, confiding in, trusting, and having them do the same back to you. It's seeing things as they are and saying, I accept the positives as much as the negatives, because as much as I HATE the negatives, they're a part of what makes them who they are, and that's some thing I can truly accept because I care about them.

Infatuation tends to be the buffer that allows two people to truly get to know and get used to other when they're first starting out in a relationship. It's what allows people to love one another. In a long and healthy enough relationship, love and infatuation also tend to be cyclical. You will bounce back to one another (the familiar comfort, and the raw excitement multiple times ). That's part of why people say there are certain dates that are milestones in a relationship. By 3 months is when you can say you like each other enough to seriously date, by 6 months you've spent enough time together to know you like each other. By one year/18 months You've experienced losing that infatuation and you love each other. By 3 years you've fallen infatuated with one another at least once again. By 5 years you've succesfully been infatuated,, fallen in love, become infatuated again, fallen in love again, and can cycle through. Tthe next mile stone is something like 20 years, where you know this is the person you want to face your mortality with.
>>
>>17038204
>Is it safe to assume that if they liked you at all in the past they probably moved on/lost interest
I've read this a lot here but still don't really understand.
Does this happen because the attraction between you is just simple physical lust, which just "goes away" like that? If it's more than that, then how could it vanish unless one or both people changed? After all, a plug and socket don't stop fitting together or no reason, do they?
>>
How and where can i meet new girls?I feel like i make no new female aquaintances and this is hindering me from getting a gf.
>>
>>17038474
Girls are literally everywhere. If you want examples then tell us who and where you are and what do you do
>>
How do I quit being such a beta with girls.

I'm well liked with everyone at work (I work in an office) was well liked by everyone at school and lots of people seem to know who I am, even though I don't who there are) and I have a solid group of friends.I'm not socially retarded in general just with girls that I'm trying to date/bang.

Part of this stems from the fact that other than my one Ex (2.5 years), a few drunk fool arounds and like 2 or 3 dates I have very little experience with girls. I didn't try that much in high school (I was "in love" with my best friend for like 3.5 years, beta as fuck).

As such I miss numerous signs, the other night I was a date with this girl, went skating and walked around afterwards, joked, teased, flirted the whole shi bang for like three hours. I honestly haven"t had this much with a girl in ages.

While waiting for her bus we were just chatting, smiling and then put on chap stick and started smiling at me some more. I wanted to kiss to her, but I was waiting for the "perfect moment" which didn't happen, and then she got on the bus and I then felt like a retard.

This an similar stories happens here or there, and I fucking hate it. I'm also worried that they will reject me (I've never really been rejected).

Fuck do i do?
>>
>>17038492
Well i am 18 and still in highschool.I love sports and gym but i never seem to meet girls my age.My friends don't help either.I have no outgoing friend with a lot of female friends.
>>
To girls :

Do you have that similar idea of being "alpha" like some guys do ? I don't buy into it by the way, i think the whole "alpha male" thing is bullshit made up by frustrated dudes, but i've never heard girls thinking like "how to be an alpha girl" and stuff, i was wondering if some girls had a similar attitude
>>
What's the longest you've ever made a long distance relationship work?
>>
>>17038506
Over 4 years and still goin strong
>>
>>17038506
Dude...
>>
>>17038506
Did it over the summers (4 months at time) for two years. We typically saw each other every 3rd weekend though, one summer I only saw her 3 or 4 times.

It can be done, but I don't recommend it, you don't grow with the person and then it is all fuck afterwards. IMO.

I'd do it again for another summer/semester but not much longer than that
>>
At what age can I expect women to settle for me?
>>
>>17038526
Usually around 14 when just having a boyfriend is enough to keep up with the other girls. They tend not to start comparing notes and having standards for a few more years.
>>
>>17038540
But I'm 24.
>>
>>17038543
It's game over man, game over!
>>
File: worried laughter.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
worried laughter.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
This is a small question I want to ask and figure it doesn't deserve its own thread. I'll put it here; both genders can looksee.

>campus emails me about opening over the summer 2 weeks ago
>get my shit ready and prepare to apply
>thought the email said they'd start accepting applications on the 15th
>it actually said this:
The job description is attached to the email. If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references.
The candidates will be contacted by [the relevant office], and the reviewing process of the application materials will start from April 15th, 2016 until the position is filled.
>reviewing applications starts April 15
>reviewing starts April 15

Is that code for "the deadline to apply is April 15?"

I gave them my stuff today anyway, so I should be OK, r-right?
>>
>>17038566
It officially means that the deadline for application is today.

It unofficially means that starting today the applications will be reviewed in the order they were received, because why the fuck would they not favor applicants who got their shit together and applied as soon as possible? The only way you could have had a worse chance at being hired is if you had not applied at all.
>>
File: smile and optimism.png (1017 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
smile and optimism.png
1017 KB, 848x900
>>17038575
pls no
>>
>>17038575

Clearly you don't work in HR.

Our system at least sorts alphabetically. I could give two shits when you applied, as long as you applied before the deadline.
>>
>>17038590
Am I supposed to be impressed by your made-up credentials? You're on 4chan. Like me, you're a 36 year old virgin NEET surrounded by Pokemon plushies and dragon dildos. Welcome to the rodeo cowboy.
>>
>>17038590
The deadline is not clearly stated, though.
>>
>>17038566
You ought to be fine. Even if the deadline was today, you got it in during office hours (I assume they wouldn't be closed at 3PM) on this day.
>>
>>17038511
I may have to move for work while she's stuck here to finish schoolin
>>
>>17038599
Cute but no, I'm simply on here to find some advice about missing signs with grils. Some people on here are fairly helpful, just gotta sift through the the shit.

>>17038600
Yeah it is vague. I'd say unlikely to start something on a Friday, however it is dead smack in the month likewise there is this line.

"until the position is filled."

Even if you missed the deadline they could pull your resume if everyone else is shit. Deadlines are either the end of the working day (typically 4:30 or 5). However it can all also be 23:59. (Common with the government, so that everyone can apply to the job regardless of time zone/location).

Either way try and apply earlier in the future. it doesn't matter but if it is vague like that I always apply the day before at the latest.
>>
A girl just asked me what my dick size was compared with a baby seal. do you think she wants to bang me?
>>
File: 1459805007187.jpg (111 KB, 624x960) Image search: [Google]
1459805007187.jpg
111 KB, 624x960
Girls,

Why most of you won't wear dresses?

Why have you bought into this independence bullshit? Couldn't you keep being tended by men, while paying more attention to your appearances while burning our money? Girlfriend/wife should be pretty, like the most precious treasure, something to be proud of showing in public. Generic female in jeans (I understand there are practical advantages) and other rugs is not something worth spending time and money on. Or one walking in public half-naked. One does not have to be extremely pretty to look nice.
That is my stance, at least.

So, why aren't your acting and clothing ladylike any more?
>>
>>17038650
Yes.
Answer it's big enough to seal her baby pussy.
>>
>>17038654
>Maximum tipping, the post
>>
>>17038657
I couldn't respond like that in a group chat, so I said I have trouble slamming it in doors by accident.
>>
File: 1a34282v.jpg (242 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
1a34282v.jpg
242 KB, 1024x726
>>17038658
If I lived in that times, I would very well wear fedora.
>>
>>17038673
There was a time when I unironically bought fedoras too. Mind you, I was 12
>>
>>17038673
At least by being so regressive you're coming as close as you can.
>>
>>17038654
Cause I'm a tomboy and can only act out feminity. That is to say I own dresses and heels, and wear makeup everyday. Because I like looking darn pretty.
>>
File: 1459915479891.jpg (251 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1459915479891.jpg
251 KB, 500x740
>>17038706
>tomboy
You are excused.
>>
>>17038740
Thats a trannie
>>
File: 1458580394503.png (13 KB, 275x281) Image search: [Google]
1458580394503.png
13 KB, 275x281
I'm a girl but want to ask girls a question.

What do you mean when you call another girl cute, sweet or adorable?

I get this a lot from men and women, but mostly from women.
>>
>>17038654
- dresses always feel super formal to me
- can't wear certain bras with certain dress types
- spaghetti strap or strapless dresses require strapless bras, which are pieces of shit
- always worrying about my dress coming up and showing my underwear
- heels are pieces of shit
- hard to find a dress i can tolerate

i feel uncomfortable in dresses. i'm not sure how to explain it, but they just don't feel like me. like yeah, i could wear dresses and look more like a lady, but for me it's more important to feel good about whatever i'm wearing than to wear traditionally feminine clothes. like what's better, going out with a girl who looks physically uncomfortable and like she doesn't belong in a girly dress, or a girl who seems comfortable wearing pants?
>>
>>17038654
Because dresses are out of style and when I wear one other women look weird at me and make me feel uncomfortable.

I like no to stand out.
>>
Sometimes I like to spray my boyfriends aftershave on things, smell it and masturbate because it's the scent I have matched to him in my brain.

Is this creepy as fuck?
>>
>>17038772
Not really.
>>
>>17038772
It's odd, but It makes total sense
>>
>>17038777
>>17038788

Great stuff. Guess I'll just keep on sniffin' then.
>>
>>17038772
No.
>>
Guys...once you're over 26 How often do you talk to your parents and how often do you make it a point to go see them?
>>
>>17038650
Bump
>>
>>17038796
I visit their graves a few times a year, just to make sure they've been maintained well and to pay my respects.
>>
File: I'm so fucked up.png (546 KB, 1039x756) Image search: [Google]
I'm so fucked up.png
546 KB, 1039x756
This girl I met two days ago is ridiculously into me. She keeps asking me personal questions, wants to see me, hits on me and talks lewd over text. She's cute as hell, and she knows it. Shit's building up, and I'm kind of interested in letting it happen.
Thing is, she just told me today that she turned 17 recently. I'm hitting 23 in a month or two. She thought I was 18 and I thought she was 20, but both our guesses being wrong hasn't made her back down.

I want and I could, but I don't know if I should. Should I?
>>
>>17038828
I wouldn't if I were you.
>>
>long distance relationship with girl you never met in person

Are people this desperate now?
>>
>>17038654
I only wear dresses. Hate pants. People constantly ask what I'm dressed up for. Never found a bf to support this hobby, and in polls guys always say they prefer t-shirt and jeans.
>>
>>17038828
go for it
>>
>>17038838
Yes, where have you been? This has been around for at least 10 years.
>>
>>17038796

32 here. I visit my folks once every 2-4 weeks for a weekend.

My dad had a stroke 6 years ago and is bassically at 7 year old level, my mum is really lonely so I try to visit as often as I can.
>>
>>17038844
how do you put on shoes gracefully while wearing a dress? is there a way to sit cross-legged without exposing your underwear? when you do to sit down, do you tuck your dress under your butt or do you lightly lift it up before you sit so that you aren't sitting on the dress? what strapless bra do you use? do you wear heels? if so, how did you learn to walk in them?

pls halp
>>
I've had a pretty prominent underbite since I was in HS
back then I just got called crimson chin but as I got older it became a bit more defined and women say it looks good because it's pretty square I guess

Thing is I really could use a malocclusion surgery to align my mouth properly because it's difficult to chew and even talk, and sometimes just plain hurts

Idk why I didn't just make a thread since this question isn't really related to the thread topics I guess but would my jaw get more defined if it's pushed back or will it lose all its depth
>>
>>17038852
And it's as stupid as an option as it was when it first became a thing

Sorry if I triggered you and your long distance autism
>>
>>17038866
nigga why you comin on an advice board to ask a question you already knew the answer to?
>>
>>17037437
In general, yes absolutely. That's the basis of what it means to be female. Females have the larger gametes: the eggs. They have fewer total and fewer available at a time to be fertilized. They have to carry the offspring to term. This means that females have to pay a MUCH greater cost than males when they have sex. So females who were more picky and selective with their mate choices were more successful. This is even MORE exaggerated within mammals who put in even MORE maternal investment, and within mammals, even MORE true for primates, and within primates, even MORE true for great apes, and EVEN MORE for humans. Human females have to invest a TON into raising offspring, so they have evolved to be very carefully selective.

Of course, there are many other factors that make this less simple than I've said, such as the vast array of different mating strategies, and how we aren't just our biology anymore, we have extremely complex culture as well as consciousness and rational thinking.
>>
>>17038870
I'm high as shit my nigga lmao
>>
>>17038878
But bonobos have sex with everybody all the time, and we share 98% of our DNA with them.
>>
>>17037448
We are extremely similar. We've even had people mistake us for siblings. We are both tall, white, pale, light eyes, and big noses. We share the same sense of humor, interests, beliefs, values, and much more.

I believe opposites attract, but like lasts. That is, exoticism may be initially interesting, but people who are more similar are going to be naturally more compatible.
>>
>>17038861
Dude. You need to see a orthognathic surgeon, not ask /adv/. They can do modeling of what you'll look like before and after. Either way, it sounds like when you get to be in enough pain, or the issues from the misalignment cause nutrition issues and related, that you'll do the surgery anyway. Most surgeons will recommend (but obviously not require) aesthetic surgery that comes with corrective jaw surgery. You may end up losing jaw structure, but the correction from what sounds like a serious underbite will be worth it. Don't judge yourself until at least 6 mos post-op. You'll have so much swelling and shit that you'll feel like a balloon head anyway.
>>
>>17038857
>how do you put on shoes gracefully while wearing a dress?
Can't really be graceful, but why would someone be watching? One hand on wall and one on shoe while standing is kind of cute to me. Sitting and leaning sideways to put your shoe on is better than bending forward spread-eagle.

> is there a way to sit cross-legged without exposing your underwear?
Haven't worn any micro-minis, so usually this isn't a problem. You can press your thighs together and tuck your feet sideways if you don't want to sit crosslegged. If you're getting out of a car, bring both your legs out at the same time or you'll be exposed.

>when you do to sit down, do you tuck your dress under your butt or do you lightly lift it up before you sit so that you aren't sitting on the dress?
Whatever happens, happens. Feels better if I can sit on the dress though so I get less chair butt germs.

> what strapless bra do you use?
I don't usually buy strapless dresses but on the rare occasions I did, I sewed bra cups into them because strapless bras always slip down for me.

> do you wear heels? if so, how did you learn to walk in them?
Sometimes. Wear them around your house until you're used to them. Don't get heels taller than 3in if you're not used to them. A wider heel or wedge is easier to walk in but can be less aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>17038906
I've been waiting until it's gotten bad enough (it's essentially there) so that when I have the surgery my insurance can completely cover it since it effects my daily life to such a degree.

Will I really have to get additional cosmetic surgery? I had no clue about that. I was aware of the post-op condition of the alignment surgery but I definitely was not planning on getting additional surgery, and that's pretty daunting and off putting now that I know, for the simple fact that I already have to get wisdom teeth removed just to have the surgery because they'd cause complications otherwise.

Can you expand on the plastic surgery bit?
>>
>>17038857
Not that anon, but I also wear only skirts/dresses and no pants.

>how do you put on shoes gracefully while wearing a dress?
I'm not too sure what you mean. You put them on like you would putting on shoes with pants.
>is there a way to sit cross-legged without exposing your underwear?
Yes, you sit and cross your legs at the ankle or at the knees, or you can sit with both of your legs together and leaning to one side. It's pretty much the same way I'd sit if I had pants. I don't think I ever naturally sit with my legs open. ALSO, I never go out without shorts underneath. So that eliminates the chances of a panty-flash entirely.
>when you do to sit down, do you tuck your dress under your butt or do you lightly lift it up before you sit so that you aren't sitting on the dress?
I tuck it under. I don't want to feel my butt or thighs touching whatever I'm sitting on, or to have my dressed ruffled out.
>what strapless bra do you use?
I can't be of any help here because I don't wear anything strapless and I often don't need a bra (small boobs), so I've never even owned a strapless bra.
>do you wear heels?
Only for formal/special occasions. And even then, they aren't extremely tall or thin.
>if so, how did you learn to walk in them?
Practice is honestly all it takes. Don't feel like you NEED a pair of 8-inch platform stilettos. Try something easier at first.

Also, dresses don't have to equal formal or overdressed. You should give simple skirts and dresses a try for everyday wear. You might like them!
>>
>>17038975
i've tried wearing skirts and dresses just on a random day, but the day is just full of feeling awkward, self-conscious, and like i don't belong in what i'm wearing. plus i can't wear like any heels/wedges whatsoever, my ankle wrenches to the side every three steps and the balls of my feet hurt in less than an hour. like praise the lord that the bf doesn't care for girls in heels, otherwise i'd be fucked in the worst way
>>
>>17038748
Pls respond
>>
>>17038970
Well, I don't know what it would be like for you. I had the opposite problem (severe overjet, pain). The surgeon warned me during my initial consultation that I would likely want some filler in my cheeks and possibly a chin implant, post-correction. I had to have 4 teeth removed, too- basically my face would appear older/sunken in as a result of the jaw correction. So I put off on doing anything for 3 years until the pain got to be so bad that I did it. Not gonna lie... everything sucked for close to a year. But I'm glad I did it. I didn't have the chin implant or cheek fillers done, but I see what the surgeon was saying. I might have that done in the future, but I can deal with how I look now. The jaw correction in of itself makes me look (and feel) a lot better.
>>
>>17038857
.>>17038932
Forgot to add that heels with straps are easier to walk in, because they don't feel like they're falling off all the time. Don't order online without having tried them unless you know the brand is comfortable. You might try shoe inserts for extra comfort.

You can wear a cardigan or jacket over a strapless dress to hide bra straps. Honestly strapless dresses themselves fall down too, it's not just the bra. Nipple petals are another option if you don't need bra support.
>>
>>17038650
Please respond

>>17038748
Not a girl, but I would imagine it means friendly to about 98% of women
>>
>>17038796

Like once every other week.

>>17038654
The dress with the cardigan... ok... sure. The bows and headband... ok...

Those leggings and shoes though... Jesus Christ... Literally dressing herself like a 7 year old dresses her dolls. Oh well. At least she didn't choose ones with all that frilly shit at the ankles...
>>
>>17038748
Exactly what it sounds like. It's a compliment.
>>
>>17038894
Yes that's what I mean about different mating strategies. Bonobos live in multi-male polygamy where females "rule". Chimps also live in multi-male polygamy but where males "rule". The two species are even MORE closely related to each other than they are to humans, but they are extremely different. So don't get confused that seemingly close genetic relatedness means we must be very similar.

Humans are most likely "naturally" not polygamists at all. We are instead most likely serial monogamists.

Regardless of these different social structures, the females are still picky. Bonobo females may have more sex for more reasons, but they do not have indiscriminate sex as many seem to believe. They still pick and choose which males they will and will not mate with based off a variety of factors.
>>
>>17039000
Why do you know so much about bonobos? Just curious
>>
>>17038987
Hmm, I may be relatively fine on additional surgeries then, I just know I'll have to get braces and the top of my mouth will be put on this expander that will make my bite perfect. All in all it'll take about 1-3 years just to completely fix my shit, so it's going to be a hell of a ride either way, but I definitely will feel a lot better/more confident after its all done. Pretty much my biggest insecurity.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it a lot.
>>
>>17038981
There's nothing wrong with that. If dresses, skirts, and heels aren't for you, they aren't for you. As long as you're happy and your partner is happy that's what matters. Even in formal events, you can do fancy dress that involves females dress pants and nice flats.

It's the same thing for me and pants. I try wearing them, but I just don't really care for them and much rather prefer skirts.
>>
>>17037432
Guys

Is it a disappointment if a girl makes under 20k?
>>
>>17039002
Animals (including humans) are cool!
>>
Girls

How bad does prone bone hurt
>>
>>17039014
Uh, no? Guys aren't as shallow about these things as women are, we don't typically care about how much you're making as long as you have a job and aren't retarded as fuck. It's not that hard to get a 30k a year job though. Been living fine off mine too.
>>
>>17039029
We're not shallow, we just want financial security for our children and to live comfortable lives.

I can also say men are shallow because they want thin women and not fat ones. My uncle told his wife he would send her back to her country if she got fat. Do I think that's shallow? Nope. Men are biologically programmed to want thin and healthy women.
>>
>>17039014
That's less than $10/hour... That's barely more than minimum wage. I'd have serious qualms about that sort of thing. Mainly because in my view if you make that little then you probably went into a field that is exceptionally low-paying or lacking jobs, and that shows a lack of foresight. Or doesn't have a degree at all. Not sure I'd want either of those things in a life partner.
>>
>>17038857
> do you wear heels? if so, how did you learn to walk in them?
Can't help you on the other stuff, but as someone who wears 4" heels during the work week (with pants):
- practice (obviously)
- best to start with 3" heels. anything lower or higher is deceptive and trains you for the wrong height. i can wear 3" and up sandals/pumps, but get tripped up wearing kitten heels or wedges. Just not used to how they feel and how i'm supposed to carry my weight in those.
-if you normally walk from heel-to-toe on your feet, try thinking about walking with the balls of your feet. you should be working out your calves a lot more than if you were wearing normal shoes
- look at yourself in the mirror when you are practicing. some people overcompensate and bend at the waist for weight balance and it just defeats the whole purpose of wearing heels. you want your whole posture to create a smooth line
- know where you're walking in advance. don't try to do stilettos on cobblestone sidewalks
- it helps to spend more money if you're going to be wearing these heels regularly. i don't mind cutting up my feet on crappy bridesmaid feels that my friend makes me wear, but the money i spend on heels for work is worth it. better materials, better manufacturing/design.

good luck. (i love wearing heels. makes me feel confident/powerful)
>>
>>17039022
The bigger your ass the more weight on your back
>>
>>17039037
Huh? Who, gay white men? Most men want thick women now, the fuck are you smoking.

You sound like a thick (or fat woman), lets fuck
>>
>>17039005
Good luck- sorry you have to deal with this. I honestly never thought I would do any kind of corrective surgery (I've always been happy enough with the way I look), so I understand your dilemma... and now that I've gone through the surgery, I think maybe I'll do the chin implant someday, but I'm OK without it. NBD. My surgery and the years with braces truly sucked... just made everything less enjoyable (sex, eating, talking/hanging out) but you WILL get through it, and it will be better in the long run. Good luck - I hope your situation resolves quicker than most!
>>
>>17039037
Then make more than >20,000
You don't need a man to have financial stability and comfortable living, you're being a fucking leech. He didn't make all that money for your lardass to feast on. Work your damn self to be able to sustain the shit on your own and then find a man because you love him and not because he can support you financially
>>
>>17038994
So my guy is probably using his parents as a cover?
>>
>>17039071
No I am thin.
>>17039076
I'd like to be a housewife someday. But if a guy has a problem with my income then I guess I'll be forever alone.
>>
>>17038772
That's pretty funny. lol
You act like an animal.

>>17038800
Are you a fellow Japanese?

>>17038828
No.

>>17038838
I was a dumb teenager.

>>17038844
Dresses > any other kind of clothes
That poll is wrong.

>>17038932
>>17038975
Princesses! <3
>>
>>17039022
wtf is prone bone
>>
>>17039022
Hurts SO GOOD!
>>
File: matchmaker.jpg (107 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
matchmaker.jpg
107 KB, 550x300
Single men >25: Where, besides online dating, can you be found for dating purposes? I am literally asking for a friend because the answer I gave her was "online" and she said no way.
>>
>>17038654
>Why most of you won't wear dresses?
Because I don't like having my ladylike panties exposed to the elements. For god's sake, have you seen how people put their feet, dogs, and other shit on public seating?! Ever been caught outside trying to hail a cab (pre-Uber days) when it was raining/snowing/muddy outside?

p.s. deliberately ignoring the other ignorant parts of your post. Go buy yourself a mail-order bride, ya douchebag.
>>
>>17038468
>I've read this a lot here but still don't really understand.
The people who say this usually come from a place of casually dating a variety of different people. Usually the people they meet and date, they're still in the beginning phases and so it's kind of shallow and the connection is pretty weak. At this point, it's easy to decide you don't like somebody or get 'bored' with them, especially if you're just having your fun and meeting all these people all the time, rather than looking to form a lasting bond with any particular person.

>If it's more than that, then how could it vanish unless one or both people changed?
Change is one answer. Another thing I've noticed is folks look for reciprocity in relationships. Somebody they fancy has to fancy them back, as a rule.

I'm one of those people. If a woman is just passively accepting my advances - not in a 'submissive' fashion, but completely indifferently - I can tell she's not that interested in me, and struggle to find a reason to continue pursuing her. From there, I can usually begin to detach myself from the person, and I lose interest gradually. Thing is, I've been fortunate enough to where if a young woman rejected me outright, it'd be revealed to me at some point later on why we weren't a good match. I'd look back and say "oh, we just weren't right for each other" not "oh, if I just had better 'Game', I'd have gotten in her pants for sure".

>After all, a plug and socket don't stop fitting together or no reason, do they?
Exactly. If two people are truly right for each other, it's kind of silly for them not to be together, barring any huge issues with logistics or existing relationship status.

I've never had the misfortune of experiencing what it's like to be incredibly into a girl, and never get over her because I thought she was perfect for me. If it doesn't work out with somebody, I chock it up to an incompatibility issue and move on.
>>
>>17039159
"Out." It's tough to be more specific than that. I have a few regular haunts where I'll chill with something to drink or snack on. When I'm in the mood for doing something in particular I'll look for groups/classes/etc. that fit the bill and join up. Often it's not that official though. I might just go out and do some shopping, which incidentally is what tomorrow afternoon is looking like.

I try not to spend too much time sitting around at home because it's boring. Unfortunately most people, men and women alike, are found there the majority of the time. (Their homes, that is. Not mine. That would be weird.) A great start for your friend would be to not fall into that trap. Don't keep checking in at home base all the time.
>>
>>17039180

Follow-up question: How can girls make themselves approachable in public spaces?
>>
>>17039176
> plug and socket
Plugs and sockets remain the same but people change tho
>>
>>17039159
I for one am still in college though I'm not sure you'd want a guy who's still in college by that age for anything serious
>>
>>17038838
Yeah, I know a guy I have been looking after who just broke up with his American GF from New Zealand
>>
>>17039201
Yes, but what that poster was getting at, and what I agreed on in my reply, was that essentially if there were any real potential for a relationship between two people, it isn't necessarily going to disappear forever and always because somebody didn't make a move within a certain narrow "window" of time after first meeting the person. Hell, if you meet somebody, and they get to know you and don't like you as much, what probably happened was they thought you looked cute or interesting from afar but lost interest once they got to know you, because they picked up on some sort of incompatibility that they decided they couldn't handle. It happens.
>>
>>17039200
I feel bad for following up with more vague answers.

Don't be unapproachable? I'm not going to interrupt someone who looks deeply focused on or busy with something. Apart from that, if I'm attracted to a girl then I'm just going to approach anyway. I can tell whether she wants to talk based on how that goes. Turnabout's fair play too; if she wants me to talk with her then she can kick it off herself. All of this having been said I wouldn't be surprised if she reacted with "Guys don't act like that." She's probably right. Most guys probably need some kind of recognizable set of circumstances like open body language, stolen glances, whatever.

In any case, put the phone down and try not to look like you're solving a differential equation in your head. That's probably a good start.
>>
Any gender: How can a girl be a good wingwoman?
>>
>>17037448
I'm a shitskin manlet and only date tall skinny pale girls so nah
>>
>>17039238
Stay close enough to your friend to make her feel safe in case she needs to bail out, but not so close that you're splitting the target's attention or making them too uncomfortable to flirt.

Keep the target's friends occupied. They shouldn't feel robbed because your friend stole away one of theirs for the night.

Be brutally honest with your friend. On one hand that means giving sincere support if they feel insecure. On the other hand that means slapping them with a dose of reality if they're aiming outside of their league.
>>
>>17039251

Just wanted to say you give really good advice and it's very much appreciated.
>>
>>17039251
*to make him/her feel safe in case s/he needs to bail
meant to include both
>>
>>17039256
Sure.

Oh and one more thing: don't peel off to do your own thing until your friend is squared away. If you're signing up for the night then see it through. I get that it can start to feel lame, especially if it's not going great, but there are few quicker ways to fuck up a friendship than leaving them high and dry.
>>
>>17039272

Man. I would never do that but the fact that it's a thing that must have happened enough to warrant this warning makes me sad.
>>
>>17039223
>In any case, put the phone down and try not to look like you're solving a differential equation in your head. That's probably a good start.
LOL! Sorry for interrupting since I'm a different femanon, but this advice is so money. 10/10
>>
Girls,

I was with a girl for about two weeks, we spent about another two weeks before that talking and what not. While we were a couple we kissed, held hands, etc. We clicked really well and always laughed and had a good time together. Well she tells me on Thursday that we should just be friends and if things continue to go well we can take it from there and become a couple again. From her body language and facial expressions, she seems to like me, but maybe she thought we kinda rushed things. Should I continue to talk to her and take it slow, which hopefully she'll come around and be my girlfriend again? She said she hasn't been in a relationship in a very very long time, I honestly don't think shes ever had a boyfriend honestly, so im not worried about her and another guy, time is on my side. But anyways, what should I do?

>tl;dr girl I was with thinks we should go back to be friends, and if things continue to go well we can be a couple again
>>
File: 1422506866448.jpg (638 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1422506866448.jpg
638 KB, 2560x1600
Started seeing this girl. Things are going well. She starts cancelling plans with me, sometimes the day of. I get pissed off but don't tell it or show her and we leave it as me saying "ok well text me when you're free" or some such. A couple weeks later I get a notification that she super liked me on tinder.

Any ideas?
>>
Girls,

Why can't a girl just outright reject someone when they are asked out? Instead its always I'm busy or something similar.
>>
>>17039307

Because you might flip out on us and/or physically hurt us if we do.

This isn't an unfounded fear, either. Speaking personally, I've had guys block my way out of rooms, grab my wrist so hard it left bruises, try to follow me home... and I'm not even "attractive". I've heard worse stories from my more-attractive friends.

We also share those stories with each other, so even the girls who haven't had anything shitty happen to them still know that those are "things that can and do happen."

In fairness, this isn't all dudes, but it only takes one scary guy to ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>17039328
Ever stopped and thought about the fact that if a guy is an asshole who feels like he's owed a particular woman's affections, he's going to be that way regardless of how you reject him?

I say this because I know it's hard to be honest but I too wish women would say "sorry, I'm not interested". I get that this is hard for you but the one and only time a girl was totally honest about wanting to be friends, I actually took her up on that and stayed friends. Whereas when she just "fades", or lies about being busy when she really isn't, it makes me feel like she doesn't even respect me or care enough about me to be honest. But hell, maybe that's been true in some cases.
>>
>>17039337
Not that Anon, but the idea is for him to "be that way" when he's far away. False hope gets her out of the room, buys time for their regular path-crossings to end, etc. In light of what she's describing you really can't expect people to put your needs before their own.
>>
>>17039337

Actually yes, I have, or rather, I do these days. Admittedly, my original answer was a kneejerk response.

Speaking seriously, I honestly wish I had been given some serious advice about how to turn guys down when I was younger, because it's fear and a lack of education that leads to thinking that it's "safer" to be vague. I know, consciously, that you are right, but if I'm honest with myself I have to admit that everything I did in those situations when I was younger really was based off of fear.

Thinking things like "If I turn him down gently he won't show up on my front porch with a gun" made me feel like I had some power or control over the situation, even if it was just an illusion.
>>
>>17037432
This is a question I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

Girls,
What does it mean when you stare at someone with a blank emotionless look? I've been catching women just staring at me with this look and it's starting to bother me. It's not a look of disgust, interest, confusion or anything, they just stare with deadpan expressions and I don't get it at all.
>>
>>17039350

Not sure about other girls, but I make that face when I'm just staring off into space not thinking about anything in particular.
>>
>>17037432
Girls
I work with this girl and we always have sorta flirted with each other verbally. She also loves to give me hugs and often even says I love you (not in a very serious way of course). Now the flirting has escalated and we often push and touch each other. Today she had some lipstick on and kissed me on the cheek, leaving a mark. When another girl saw this she asked her if we were a thing. She told her yes and that I was her boyfriend.

It seems like this is a home run to me but I just wanted to hear from other girls if they think this behavior means she likes me.
>>
>>17039307
Because it's not easy hurting someone's feelings. Some guys get really upset upon rejection, and other guys blow it off and move on. I think it's easier (yeah, more cowardly) to try to avoid the angry guy who says insulting things upon rejection...
>>
>>17039343
>False hope gets her out of the room
But then puts her back in the same room not much later because she didn't bother to reject him properly, so he still thinks he has a chance.

>you can't really expect people to put your needs before their own
I'm genuinely confused as to how the simple courtesy of being honest is putting somebody else's needs before your own.
>>
File: black dress red hat.jpg (100 KB, 361x543) Image search: [Google]
black dress red hat.jpg
100 KB, 361x543
>>17038756
These are indeed good points.
Dresses with straps or sleeves are nice.
Longer or tight dresses could solve problem of showing underwear.
With the rest I can't argue. I'm not a fan of heels either, but they work well with strong personalities, like >>17039051 pointed out.
Not everything looks good on everyone. To each their own.

>>17038761
Skirts could work better for you, I guess.
Either way, just wear what you are comfortable in.

>>17038844
>>17038932
>>17038975
I'm happy to see there are still such girls.

>>17038994
Hahah, true. I visited /cgl/ to get some nice photo. It was difficult to find something with solid colours that would also look pretty and wasn't candy pink.
I personally dig this kind of a dress, with bouffant skirt and possibly frills. Leggings indeed could be of a solid colour. The shoes look fine to me. Worth noting is also care for hairstyle.
I can't say doll-like style does not appeal to me. It's kind of cute actually.

>>17039164
Thongs or strings are not ladylike. It shows you don't know how to wear a dress.
Filthy commoner. But more seriously, it's cute when you get angry like that. Here's your (You).
>>
>>17039359
I was thinking that too but it happens to much and they're staring directly at me every time, it's almost like they don't know what I am or why I'm there or something.
>>
>>17039362
Something something if you have to ask...

Seriously, what gives you any reason to think she DOESN'T like you?

I have no interest in cabbage. I would never stop by the cabbage section when grocery shopping just out of courtesy to cabbage.
>>
>meet girl at work
>get her number
>text A LOT
>state my interest to date her
>she seems to be ok with the idea
>try to schedule meetup
>oh im busy
>but she continues to text me everyday
>try to schedule meetup
>oh im busy
>but she contunues to text me everyday
>try to schedule meetup
>oh im busy
etc etc

how many chances do i give her before i stop replying to her text messages? she's canceled plans twice after giving me days that SHE SAID SHE WAS FREE.

if i didn't actually know her in real life i would swear that she was catfishing me
>>
>>17039386
idk. Women can be strange sometimes...
>>
>>17039369
>back in the same room not much later
No I meant physically leaving the building. That's facilitated by him thinking he has a chance. If he revisits that idea later, she's literally not in that room with him.

>I'm genuinely confused
Alice needs X. Bob needs Y. Alice makes sure X is fulfilled before Y is fulfilled. Otherwise Y literally comes before X.
>>
>>17039347
That's fair. I figured rejecting people is just plain hard/awkward but what you said makes a lot of sense. I'm just saying that essentially if a girl turns me down and is pretty honest about it, I will be hurt but I won't be averse to being friends. Maybe some women don't really want friends, or just don't give a fuck about the guy in question. But if you are just afraid that the guy you're talking to is going to flip shit when you turn him down? Don't be. There's usually nothing to be afraid of, and from the sounds of it you probably don't want to make guys feel bad when you don't like them that way. You can't really painlessly reject somebody, but you can leave it on good terms by being honest with them.
>>
>>17039383
I guess the real question is
Are you REALLY there?
>>
>>17039369
When a girl doesn't give a clear answer, your feelings get hurt and some of your time is wasted. When a girl gives a clear answer, she runs the risk of being physically harmed or stalked. It's not fair to you, but it's reality.
>>
Girls

Is it a attractive trait for a guy if he is really good with animals? Particularly cats?
>>
>>17039405
if a guy genuinely likes my animals and gets to know them, i automatically like him. if my animals like a guy, i'm automatically more inclined to like him too. if a guy just tolerates my animals and doesn't really seem to appreciate them, i'm less likely to like the guy
>>
>>17039405
It entirely depends on the individual girl.

For example, I love animals. Cats are cool, but I don't think I'd ever want one as a pet, so I'd much prefer and be drawn to a guy who is good with dogs.

Let's say another girl hates animals, so probably won't be compatible with your love of animals.

A girl who loves cats would probably love that about you.
>>
is it bad to think about your ex fucking while you masturbate?
>>
>>17039417
Means you're a cuck, bro
>>
>>17039238
also, if you friend is shy get the conversation rolling. And i don't mean talking about nothing to start the convo, talk up your friend so they can take it from there "Hey Anon didn't you [something interesting] a little bit ago?" or compliment the other person and say "Anon, don't you think [compliemnt]"
>>
>>17039398
Your analogy still doesn't make much sense to me. The only "need" I can identify here is a need for safety, and it's reasonable to state that most men will not become dangerous or hostile if a woman rejects him outright instead of just blowing him off. It's also reasonable for me to say that if a woman is that fearful about men becoming dangerous if you reject them, that her fear is probably a little bit irrational. It's not wrong, then, to tell her that she's not doing people favors when she does things like lying about being busy or something similar.

One thing that I forgot to point out, which is also entirely relevant, is that when women lie in order to "avoid" a guy instead of just rejecting them, it leads to what we have now: a bunch of men assuming that if a girl says something like "I'm not ready for a relationship", it's actually a 'code' that stands for "I don't like you please go away". Not only does this have men forming negative generalizations about women, but it also ruins it for the women who actually are very busy, or who actually DON'T want a relationship right now. It makes men think that all women do is come up with excuses not to date them, because they're incapable of standing up for themselves by being honest with people. And I don't know about you, but I don't think that's a fantastic image of one gender by another.
>>
>>17039417
Yeah bro move on
Way hotter bitches you could be fucking
>>
>>17039328
I guess it can be a mix of reasons, like what you mentioned, or to let someone down easily. Also, though rarely it can be to leave it open for what ever reason?
>>
>>17039434
> it's reasonable to state that most men
I don't think people want to avoid most assaults though. If the only thing that prevents you from understanding the explanation is agreeing with its precepts, that's not a problem of understanding. You simply don't agree, which is fine. It's only an explanation. People can be right or wrong and fall in line with it.

>a bunch of men assuming that if a girl says something like "I'm not ready for a relationship", it's actually a 'code' that stands for "I don't like you please go away"
That is exactly what I do. Anything I get except for a yes I treat like a no. I give a little smile and nod to communicate "No problem, I get that this is just a gentle rejection." and move on. This hasn't tarnished my image of women at all, nor does it spoil my romantic life. The women who are actually busy just get back to me. Or they don't, which is fine because they're not short on other men and I'm not short on other women in this world.

Still, I understand what you're saying. Just like you don't agree with the premise of my explanation, I disagree with the conclusion of yours. But that's fine.
>>
>>17039401
I just told you my experience with a woman being honest, and from what I've seen it's usually the situations where women are dishonest with men that it got incredibly awkward. Ruined friendships, heartbreak, etc. because it got dragged on when the woman was not honest.

And, I've seen guys harass the hell out of women who weren't honest and rejecting the men outright. So I don't really buy this whole "if I just lie to him he'll go away, but if I tell him 'No' he'll try to kill me" crap.
>>
What turns guys on? How can I be sexy in bed. I need some creative tips because I feel like my boyfriend is getting bored
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>17039411

I like all animals. But my favorite is cats. :)
>>
>>17039471
It differs from one guy to the next. Positive feedback (that what he's doing is pleasurable for you) is broadly appreciated.
>>
What does it mean when a girl says "I want to be left alone"? I want to be left alone forever? Or like 2 weeks? If it feels like she said it on the spur of the moment, how long of a space should I leave? Is there a length I shouldn't go over if I want to keep the relationship?
>>
>>17039452
I should point out that for me it's been a case by case thing. In general I encourage women to be honest because it's something I believe in outright. But personally if I just met a girl and can gauge that she's not interested based on her responses, I just take the hint and move on. I don't resent her for it, nor do I resent all women - I recognize that she in particular doesn't like me that much, and that's OK. I was, however, deeply upset when a girl I was friends with for a while, wasn't being honest in rejecting me, but instead lied about being busy. I "caught" her on facebook later posting photos of herself being out with other people, and that's what really got to me.

Rejection I can handle, but being lied to by somebody you thought was a friend like that is what's hard. I know people are gonna tell me "you aren't owed honesty" etc. and I wouldn't disagree, I'm just trying to illustrate how it comes across to a guy when you dodge his advances like that instead of just coming clear. If he's a cool guy and you enjoy his company, being honest with him will preserve the friendship better, IF that's what you're going for. If it isn't, then I guess it doesn't really matter how you reject him - most guys will feel out the "she doesn't dig me" vibe and move on.
>>
>>17039471
Massage his prostate with an egg beater

>>17039417
Sounds like a great way to make getting over her a lot more difficult.
>>
File: 1456545896305.jpg (45 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1456545896305.jpg
45 KB, 720x405
>>17039414
But what if yours and his animals don't get along?
>>
File: 20150811_231233_resized_1.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
20150811_231233_resized_1.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
>>17039474
>>
>>17039487
What do you mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>17039490
>>
>>17039287

Bump. Could someone give me some advice on this?
>>
File: 20151130_170813_resized.jpg (700 KB, 1944x1458) Image search: [Google]
20151130_170813_resized.jpg
700 KB, 1944x1458
>>17039498
>>
File: KIMG0214.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0214.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>17039495
I own a pomeranian that hates my friends cats, and the feeling goes both ways for instance.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2444x2778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2444x2778
>>17039507
>>
>>17039287
Impossible to tell for sure because I don't know her. I would keep trying to date her unless you sensed something was up - either that the relationship was not progressing anywhere meaningful, that she met another guy, etc.
>>
>>17039471
Ask him about what he digs.
Check his fap folder.
Change boyfriend.
>>
>>17039478
Depends on circumstances.
Give her some space for the day.
>>
>>17039517
Thanks. Yeah I suppose I'll keep at her, I think maybe things happened a little too quickly. Because after talking to her about it she said she'd would consider us being together again in the future.
>>
>>17039299
Help
>>
File: 20141106_155959_resized_1.jpg (916 KB, 1742x3095) Image search: [Google]
20141106_155959_resized_1.jpg
916 KB, 1742x3095
>>17039510
>>
>>17039526
Did you have any sort of argument, or can you recall any moment in time where something was "off" as opposed to "on"?

I don't know man, I don't want to assume the worst. Sometimes girls just decide they don't like a guy anymore and don't have the nads to tell him, but wanting to slow things down is actually a very legitimate concern as well. If you keep being there for her and don't just give up, you have a better chance of it working out.
>>
>>17039539
No it honestly came out of nowhere, and she seemed kinda worried to tell me, she looked like she was gonna cry, I guess she was worried about my response. But I was nice about it and everything. Like I said I dont think shes every had a boyfriend, shes 23 by the way, so I think things might of just happened too quickly. So I'll continue to be her friend and hangout and stuff.
>>
>>17039509
Ahh well in that case they probably should have been socialized better. I make sure to socialize my pets with people, other animals of the same kind, and different animals big and small so they can get along with everybody.
>>
>>17039456
I'm going off of my own experience as well. It's somewhere around 1/3 that get aggressive over an honest but gentle letdown. There's no way to tell who will get violent. They can be nice people up until that point. I do feel rude not giving a clear answer, but I don't want to play roulette. What would you tell your daughter to do, assuming you can't be there to protect her? Take a chance on getting punched?

You're smart- if someone doesn't get back to you after two tries, move on. They'll get back to you without prompting if they're interested. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.This applies to a lot of things outside of dating, too, such as business.

If a client or employer won't reply to your offer and follow up, you can assume they're not interested. Don't wait more than a couple of weeks for an answer in dating or work. Unless you feel it's worth having patience. Even then, keep trying other avenues.

On a side note, some girls may not be able to tell you're asking them out romantically, and they'd feel like a jerk to say they don't like you that way, when it turns out you were just trying to be their friend.
>>
>>17039520
I've already given her a week and she hasn't contacted me. Should I be worried at this point?
>>
>>17039577
IMO the question shouldn't be "is this girl going to talk to me again? Do I still have a chance?" The question IMO should be "do I WANT to be in a relationship with a girl who's brushing me off at such an early stage"?

I don't know how well you know her or how long you've known her, but in general you're gonna want a relationship with somebody who wants one with you back. Not with somebody who wants to be "alone", where she can't be with you and grow a relationship together.

>a week
Shit, yeah, I'd say start getting over her. And meet other prospects, too.
>>
Girls, are there any ladylike girls left who don't use words like dick and cock?
>>
>>17039584
I know this is going to sound very immature and experience shallow, but we've been together for about a year and a half and honestly the idea of losing her completely is heart wrenching, but I guess that's what you would call a breakup? She's my first serious girlfriend and I don't want to lose it. I know relationships are 50/50 or 49/51 and whatnot, but I really do like her. Or that could just be my inexperience talking.
>>
>>17039599
Yep. Most of my friends. They're mostly shy, religious, or traditional.
>>
>>17039400
Deeeeeep
>>
>>17039607
See that changes a lot, I wasn't sure about the context. Nah, no reason not to try harder if you've invested this much.
>>
Girls:
Flowers on a first date. Is it a sweet gesture, or is it tacky & overplayed?
>>
Females:
I met a girl at a Smash 4 tournament last night. We hit it off really well. She likes the same games, she's a communications major, like film, which I am. She also likes to write. She's beautiful, and I just enjoyed talking to her. I got her facebook, and I added her. I stopped talking to her after a while as to give her space and not orbit her. So, I figure I'm going to wait until Monday to message her on facebook. She's really great. When we were talking, she was playing with her hair, and also looking at me, and then looking away. So I think that's good. Also, the fact that she gave me her facebook at least means she's not creeped out by me, you know? My friend Dan who was there, who knows his shit was giving me advice and agreed when I said I'd give her some space.

Basically, I think this is going well but a small part of me thinks it's not what I think and she won't be into me romantically and I don't want this to affect how I act around her. What should I do?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.