[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This high school teacher who I kept in contact with is currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: nemo ink.jpg (62 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
nemo ink.jpg
62 KB, 500x465
This high school teacher who I kept in contact with is currently doing a part-time PhD out of interest. Is it a bad idea to jokingly say "you seem like someone who likes his job" in my Facebook messages to him?

I know that this is a minor question, but hey, nobody answered my question here >>16555109
>>
Why do you want to say that?

It seems like a harness statement.
>>
>>16555318
I bet that frog is delicious. I'd lick it, well worth it.
>>
>>16555318
w-what?
>>
>>16555387
Harmless, stupid autocorrect
>>
>>16555485
Just something that I want to say. He seems really passionate about teaching. Just want to see his take on pursuing something you love for a job.
>>
>>16555487
Okay, well, say it.
>>
>>16555489
Someone suggested I should stay safe and not say it though
>>
>>16555494
You've decided to pose this question to 4chan, therefore, this decision holds somewhat levity to yourself. In which case I will look at the situation critically with commonsense. This is the situation if you are a girl and he's a boy:
If you were part-time PhD out of interest, how would you react to someone fb messaging you "you seem like someone who likes his job".

Although to the other person it seems harmless. Regardless, it sounds purely as an excuse to talk with me.

Therefore, this person has an interest in me, and because they are of opposite sex my mind will not help but to think that there is a hint of possible sexual driven undertone for the message being sent to me.

The skeleton of the professor's mind at this point: As the person receiving the message, if the person was attractive to me, I would play a long and sarcastically reply. If saw this person as anything less, I wouldn't want to egg them on so I would not reply.

This is the skeleton of what will go on. Now you did mention you kept contact with him so that will increase your chance of having a reply. If you keep in contact once a week, a reply will follow of course, since the two of you are friends.

If the two of you are keeping contact once a month then the skeleton above will be more likely to ensue.

Less than once a month and the skeleton will most definitely ensue.

Unless you fear the rejection of your teacher, I say go for it. You have nothing to lose but the chances of getting a teacher recommendation from him in the future.

If you have no interest in getting some professor lovin at all, then who gives a shit, go for it. There was nothing sexually actually said so it's not like he'll act weird about it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.