[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you keep up your momentum? Deleted steam like 3 times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1462762776871.jpg (22 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
1462762776871.jpg
22 KB, 500x299
How do you keep up your momentum?

Deleted steam like 3 times and I think this is the last time
I need something to keep me occupied to I don't relapse so I have been memorizing the Europe map
Problem is whenever I think of gaming I only think of the good parts when I know in reality it just makes me sad in the long run as is not productive at all, I only remember headshooting people 5 times in a row and don't think about he fact i'm alone in my room and just distracting myself with something that does not help me at all
Also I will never get a gf if I keep up this shit.

Also how the fuck I learn to accept "lonelyness" again, been shitposting everything to get social interactions wasting my time a little bit like I am doing right now every few hours for months now that it's a huge habbit I need to stop.

I'm just trying to make it bros
>>
>>17218509
Just keep it up. Do something productive. Start by "acting like an adult" and keep yourself busy by making things happen. Eventually it won't be an act anymore.

You can still play some games, but it's tough to limit your "intake". Example: I'm a borderline weeb, so when I watch chinese cartoons I end up binging. I limit how often I let myself do that (no more than once a month), because when I am unproductive for more than 2 days I feel down.

Try a hobby with tangible results; some art, music, or even fishing (why not).

(The no 0 day subreddit is almost like a cult and too strict, but they have some good ideas.)
>>
>>17218509
>have been memorizing the Europe map
That.... would keep you occupied.
>>
Buy yourself an egg timer and allot yourself a certain amount of time in your day for each thing you like doing. Incorporate a part-time job in there when you feel like it. If I could find an egg timer I'd do that.
>>
How about filming yourself playing computer games for a couple of hours and forcing yourself to watch it. Not using FRAPS or anyhing, but just film how you look sitting on a chair for an extended period of time.

Mabye seeing what you do for a couple of hours per day will help to get you moving.
>>
>>17218509
How to accept lonelyness?
Don't.
>Fix lonelyness.
Most people who are lonely are usually because they're shy, "socialy awakward", wich usually boils down to low self-esteem.

I had the exact same issue.
I moved accross the country about a year ago, I knew no one here for a long time.
Then I started going using Facebook groups, tinder, Couchsurfing and stuff.
No reason to be shy, just show up at X meet up or date and talk, just ask some got damned questions or whatever.

I asked myself
>What am I really doing to meet new people here? >pretty much nothing>Just do something and something will happen.

Now I got tons of friends and aquaintainces here.
Just do it!
>>
>>17218545
That sounds brutal. I am hearing blast beats and a bearded guy growling I DO NOTHING repeatedly. Does the acknowledgement phase really have to be that extreme?
>>
>>17218538
I am almost done.
Easy as fuck only 50

Only small ones like San Mario, Croatia, Monaco, Kosova Moldova are the ones I still fuck up on.

Gonna do Asian map later.
>>
>>17218545
I should have fucking done that before.

Best case senario I don't go back to video games at all.

>Most people who are lonely are usually because they're shy, "socialy awakward", wich usually boils down to low self-esteem.
Well yeah I posted shit here
>>17217879
The post with the pic about flying

Yeah I'm working on it dude, it's summer right now and I only really will hang with 2 people so that might be tough though.
>>
>>17218602
Forgot to link>>17218564
>>
>video games and animals are bad
Why would you give up your hobbies for no reason? This doesn't make sense. It's like a lid putting on his dad's clothes so he can be an adult now
>>
>>17218700
>animals

3/10 B8
>>
It makes sense that you go back to games if you have nothing better to do. It seems like you have nothing much to do, personally I'm at the other extreme with stuff I should to do backed up for decades.

You don't accept being lonely (if you mean having no community), you find new communities while doing other things, there's just a little gap in between. Winning at life feels much better than 5 headshots, but you don't know the feeling yet.
>>
>>17218509
>How do you keep up your momentum?
By yelling "RUSH B" a lot and lloking forward to that wonderful feeling when you get yet another MVP.

>I have been memorizing the Europe map
Stop wasting your time on that and learn the callouts for the DE maps instead scrub.

>Deleted steam
gg no re
>>
>>17218735
Also desu, a good MMRPG will damage you less psychologically than hanging around 4chan and reddit.
>>
>>17218741
>Also desu, a good MMRPG will damage you less psychologically than hanging around 4chan and reddit.

But it will suck up all my time.
>>
You're on the right track OP. You recognize that spending too much time on community driven sites is a substitute for real social interaction.

Unless you find great joy in memorizing maps, I would do something else outdoors, away from a screen. Your mind will feel much clearly once you get outside since you will be away from the temptation of downloading steam again.
>>
>>17218749
Yeah, I was assuming both would suck up all your time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.