[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yesterdays SSY thread got deleted shortly before I came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: 1453581880908.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453581880908.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>Yesterdays SSY thread got deleted shortly before I came back home.

Well, fuck me.

Thread from yesterday: >>138630651

Previous Strawpoll: http://strawpoll.me/7081501

Lets have another last SSY thread. Posting true mc for good measure.

Also you should read the novel. It is literally one of the first google results. Or don't if you don't find the time since the anime is almost always faithful to the original material. Even most of the dialogue is the same.
>>
Responding to that last anon who wrote something before the thread died in hopes hes here, or maybe someone else wants to respond.

>Culture has nothing to do with anything.
While Feral Children are a thing. As you previously wrote. Some people trend to forget that Queerat culture is way more akin to Humanity as they believe it to be.

>Dogs or wolves don't have cultures. yet if a child will live with them from infant to his teens and more, it's next to impossible to make him identity itself as a human.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_culture, still an interesting read regardless of you believe this is true or not. I believe that culture is intertwined with identifying with a race.

I disagree since Queerats are way more human than animal. Its difficult to say though as one of the storys themes is Humanity and that the Humans are the bigger monsters. You know, the obvious stuff. The last episode makes this pretty clear, despite the benefits and caveats each culture/civilization has, the only major difference is that one can use psychokinesis while the others are on the recieving end of it.

>Nor he will feel that something wrong with it.
I do agree with that, the Humans believed that they're the godsent, peaceful ones. Again, this is just from the point of the unrelyable narrator.
>>
One last bump, if no one wants to post I will just let this thread die.

Thats still better then the shipping wars back when this show aired.
>>
File: fight for your right to squeal.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fight for your right to squeal.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>
I have a question regarding Kiroumaru:

Why did he not warn Saki about the ragworms?
>>
>>138669467
He wanted to kill Squealer with his own hands using the Psychobuster. He cannot forgive Squealer for slaughtering his men and lobotomizing the queens of their own kin.

Inui in the novel also questions Kiroumarus motives. Heres what I've found from what I remember.

>Inui suddenly looked grave. “This is my second reason for being suspicious of Kiroumaru. It’s easy to predict that it will be dark by the time we get to the shore. But he didn’t warn us of any of the dangers that would be present at night. What’s more, he didn’t give us any information about the bristle worms.”

>“But isn’t it possible that Kiroumaru doesn’t know anything about the creature apart from the fact that it attacked his soldiers?” I countered. “Plus he might have assumed that we’d be able to manage with the fake false minoshiro’s help.”

>“…well, perhaps he simply had more pressing matters on his mind,” Inui admitted. “Anyway, let’s go. If the thing really is a bristle worm, we’ll be safer in the boat.”
>>
File: thumbs-and-ammo-04.jpg (84 KB, 650x478) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-and-ammo-04.jpg
84 KB, 650x478
>>138667224
>mfw realizing the show never leaves Saki's perspective which is why it's never weird when certain plot point occur off screen
>>
>>138670037
Oh thinking about it, I remember now.

Heres the part where Kiroumaru explains why he didn't knew about the Worm:

>“Hey, why didn’t you warn us about the Bobbit worm?”

>Kiroumaru cocked his head. “What is that?”

>“The bristle worm creature near the beach. Because of it, Inui…”

>He let out a long sigh. “I didn’t think it was necessary to bring up the dangers that appear near the shores at night. Sorry, I might have if you were alone, but you had a Wildlife Protection Officer with you, one we call the ‘god of death’. Also, I did not know the identity of the creature. It’s true I lost a lot of my soldiers to it, but I never had a chance to see it.”

Make of that what you will. Remember Kiroumaru is as smart of Squealer so he certainly also had a ulterior motive in mind.

Regardless you should understand that Saki and Satoru could've only succeeded in their adventure only because of Kiroumaru. Shuns idea could've also came from him as well since self sacrifice was always a possibility.

Heres a great quote, I believe it also happened to be in the anime, it tells a lot about the Queerats way of thinking due to their "masters".

>"Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Either way, our lives are as uncertain as bubbles on the surface of a pond. Is it not natural to wish to escape that fate?”
>>
File: Screenshot_160129_004.jpg (872 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_160129_004.jpg
872 KB, 1920x1080
WATASHITACHI WA NINGEN DAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1402754063127.png (518 KB, 763x992) Image search: [Google]
1402754063127.png
518 KB, 763x992
>reading about Holy Cherry Blossom Empire rulers
This is some really fucking unsettling shit.
Were all of them this cruel because of their Cantus?
>>
Come to think of it, what would've happen if Marias Child lived long enough to understand that the Queerats killed her after she gave birth to her?

Theres quite a lot of possibilities that could've happen. Its good that the story concluded as it did, though that Shun Deus ex Machina thing left a bad taste in my mouth and was unnecessary. Even though he was part of the story, him giving the final hints on how to end the war was just bullshit. If not for Squealers fate, I wouldn't even care on how the story ended.

Can't wait to finally read through the complete translation of the novel.
>>
>>138670037
>>138670530
Alright thanks, have been wondering about this for a while.
>>
How come the guy with four pupils died of Cantus leakage again Maria's daughter? He was hyped to be a unstoppable force, but died like a pussy.
>>
>>138671412
He was literally helpless against her because any offensive and maybe even defensive action against her would've triggered the kill switch. If he could fight freely, little shitstain would've been annihilated on molecular level.
>>
>>138671186
Yes, I know thats some Elfen Lied quality writing but it still made complete sense since it still included regular humans with the society. It also explained the war that happened before the Holy Cherry Blossom Empire.

I laughed at the part where the Evil Minoshiro briefly explained to the Kids how murrika handled the PKs.

With the difference where it still made more sens considering human history and that the Evil Minoshiro are basically the internet in Animal form. The writing during those parts were the best in my opinion.

>>138671412
Every Human with cantus fear when someone of their kin can use them against them.

What makes this a fantastic part of the plot and plot device is that the Queerats/Normal Humans lived with this for 1000 years while the regular humans shit their pants every time they think about someone who can bypass Death Feedback. Both cultures are about fear from their own kin in one way or another.
>>
>>138671490
Yeah, I got it that the best he could do was stall her and if she noticed this he was fucked, but I still don't get how he pretty much suddenly died of leakage.
>>
>>138671186
I assume it's more "cruel due to never having to not be".
>>
File: 196hy3wuo9bg0jpg.jpg (104 KB, 1198x782) Image search: [Google]
196hy3wuo9bg0jpg.jpg
104 KB, 1198x782
I watched the anime for the first time last year and I think one of my favorite parts about all of it is when Squealer gave them the "Queerat bones". When I realized what he had actually done it was just so unsettled, gave me a really nasty feeling deep in my stomach. You thought they could have had a bittersweet ending, but it was actually terrible, and it's a kind of nuanced horror that I wish more shows accomplished.
>>
>watching UTW bd subs
>half of the time they are referring to Marias daughter as "he"
Come on
>>
>>138673427
>half the time they say he
>half the time they say she
>>
>>138673606
Don't think so, the tv subs have "he" everywhere
>>
>>138673427
Yes I agree, that was dumb.

But thats a problem of the direction of the Anime. I can't figure out why they made Marias Child a girl there. It has no importance on anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ZIZ6v7egU
>>
>>138671230
It probably would have never realized it. Or it would have been killed.
>>
I'm on the last volume of the manga. I haven't seen the anime or read the novel. God, Maria and Mamoru are so shit.
>>
>>138673986
She's a girl in the manga too.
>>
>>138673986
They figured that someone like Mamoru couldn't possibly father male children
>>
>>138674976
Oh really? Maybe I was just drunk when I read through it, it was quite a while ago.

>>138675134
lol
>>
>>138675134
>implying Mamoru didn't beat up the pussy, and produce optimal results
>>
Watching SSY the second was so good when you understand all the foreshadowing.
>>
>>138667224
>We are humans!
Fuck off Cruz
>>
One question, why weren't the guns the Rats made disallowed by the humans since was a effective weapon against Cantus users?
>>
>>138671412

Death feedback and attack inhibition, the guy was OP and would have rekt Maria's daughter on normal circumstances but he was helpless with them. I remember it was described that his Cantus was so great he could split a mountain in half in the novel I think.

That's precisely why once cantus users were modified with death feedback and attack innhibition the tables turned and it was the regular humans that were on top so they were turned into queerats to keep it balanced.
>>
>>138677712
>balanced

You monster.
>>
>>138675134
>tfw the biggest faggot in the series is the only straight guy
Magical.
>>
>>138676867
They didn't know it would be an effective weapon because it was never applied against humans before it was too late.
>>
File: Squealer speech 1.webm (2 MB, 782x440) Image search: [Google]
Squealer speech 1.webm
2 MB, 782x440
>>138667224
Squealer was a hero
>>
File: Squealer speech 2.webm (2 MB, 782x440) Image search: [Google]
Squealer speech 2.webm
2 MB, 782x440
>>138682245
>>
File: 1448475549803.png (2 MB, 1280x1284) Image search: [Google]
1448475549803.png
2 MB, 1280x1284
>>138682291

Fuck off rattie, you aren't human.

Cantus users are gods and it is fitting that queerats are their servants.
>>
>>138682245
>>138682291
Not as good without his pained voice.
>>
>>138682291

>Only victory has meaning
>Once we won, all the sacrifices would have been worth it.

Dat Queerat Ensieg.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.