[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kyoani poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14
File: kyoani-1636.jpg (211 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kyoani-1636.jpg
211 KB, 500x500
Nips had a poll about which kyoto animation work was their favorite or the 'best', they seperated every individual work like Haruhi S1, Haruhi S2, Dissapearance.
Yes everyone one of these things were different, animation, directors etc. but that gives an advantage and splits votes from 1 season anime like hyouka. So I combined the franchises and posted this poll in that thread, in another thread someone suggested a thread for this poll so I did it.

KYOTO ANIMATION BEST SERIES 2016 /a/ POLL

http://strawpoll.me/7154092/r
>>
File: 1429032917267.jpg (104 KB, 678x815) Image search: [Google]
1429032917267.jpg
104 KB, 678x815
First for Nichijou
>>
File: 1446301697511.jpg (317 KB, 1032x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446301697511.jpg
317 KB, 1032x1500
>>
File: 1453685420993.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1875) Image search: [Google]
1453685420993.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1875
>>138972577
First for NAGISA!!
>>
>>138972496
>http://strawpoll.me/7154092/r
When the poll first opened, hyouka immediately jumped into the lead, with everything else crawling slowly.
After posting in the other strawpoll thread free immediately went past hyouka
After this threads creation, Hyouka has caught up with free and Haruhi is now a distant 3rd
>>
Hyouka sucks
>>
File: 1411256960719.jpg (33 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1411256960719.jpg
33 KB, 704x396
>>
K-on
y
o
a
n
i
>>
>>138972496
I want to suck on Mirai's little toes
>>
File: nogisa.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nogisa.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>138972878
Second for Nagisa!
>>
File: 1453204726429.png (372 KB, 914x810) Image search: [Google]
1453204726429.png
372 KB, 914x810
>>138974082
I approve of that Nagisa!
>>
File: face 2.jpg (26 KB, 658x515) Image search: [Google]
face 2.jpg
26 KB, 658x515
Konata is my waifu :3
>>
voters, please dont try and emulate the nip poll, we know hyouka is shit and trying to keep in #1 is not funny.
>>
>>138974479
Hyouka was a masterpiece and you're actually retarded if you can't see its appeal.
>>
>>138974620
Or maybe he's not a racially inferior subhuman like you who can see most clearly what a piece of shit Hyouka is.
>>
>>138975051
>I'm literally retarded and can't follow proper story telling!
>But you're the subhuman
That's cute. Run along back to your battle harem LNs.
>>
>>138975092
Hyouka has shitty storytelling and you're a subhuman because you were born from the seed of niggers and gipsies.
>>
>>138975092
I'm curious anon! Why is your taste so shit?
>>
>>138975127
>>138975130
Run along angry children, adults are talking.
>>
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>138975170
Except for the part where you argue exactly like a child, which shouldn't come as a surprise given your infatuation with vapid young-adults shit like Hyouka.
>>
>>138975170
Please enlighten us then anon. Why is Hyouka so good?
>>
>>138975170
>like hyouka
>calling others a child
>>
>>138975230
>Except for the part where you argue exactly like a child,
Hardly. I'm not the one who stormed into the thread yelling and flailing their arms about because a lot of people like something I'm too stupid to like.

>young-adults shit like Hyouka.
Not even remotely close. Try actually reading a YA novel and the read Hyouka.

>>138975232
I can't teach appreciate of quality directing to someone who's too stupid to see anything more than pretty colors and animation when they look at it.

>>138975243
Yes, that's what I said. I'm very glad you've mastered reading at a first grade level.
>>
>>138975319
>I'm not the one who stormed into the thread yelling and flailing their arms about because a lot of people like something I'm too stupid to like.
No, you were the one calling people stupid for not liking gutter trash written for teenagers.
>>
>>138975319
hyouka fags everyone, are you using proxies to boost it?
>>
>>138975319
>I can't teach appreciate of quality directing to someone who's too stupid to see anything more than pretty colors and animation when they look at it.
So you can't even defend your own position?

Not that I've expected anything from someone who likes this piece of shit.
>>
>>138975319
>I can't teach appreciate of quality directing to someone who's too stupid to see anything more than pretty colors and animation when they look at it.
I like Hyouka and think it has extremely high quality direction. However, I fail to see how it goes above and beyond in that regard, particularly in comparison to other Kyoani works. I also don't think the characters or their arcs are anything special, though they are above average. So why does Hyouka deserve such praise?
>>
>>138975386
No actually, I said people are stupid if they can't see it's appeal to others, not that they had to share the sentiment. Nice lack of reading comprehension.

>>138975392
Didn't even vote, actually. Always love seeing the anti-Hyoukafags get their panties in a bunch over not understanding why people like it.

>>138975433
>So you can't even defend your own position?
If you actually watched the show and didn't like it and don't understand why people like it, then you're a lost cause. If you can't follow story telling at any more than a surface level, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to teach you literary analysis, how metaphors work and how to apply critical thinking when watching or reading something.

>>138975449
>I fail to see how it goes above and beyond in that regard
Check the archives for any of the hundred million other discussions that have been had on the topic and give it a rewatch. This thread isn't going anywhere constructive now that the assblasted children are here, and I'd rather go read manga or something than argue with someone who was to stupid to actually read my post, even if someone else has a genuine question.
>>
>>138975609
>I said people are stupid if they can't see it's appeal to others
But I can see the appeal to others. I can see why kids like Naruto and Bleach too - that doesn't make them any better though.
>>
>>138975658
>But I can see the appeal to others.
Can you? Then I'd love to see you explain why people like it. I'll give you a hint: "It was really pretty and comfy" isn't the answer to the question "Why do a lot of people praise it so much?"
>>
>>138975609
>If you actually watched the show and didn't like it and don't understand why people like it, then you're a lost cause. If you can't follow story telling at any more than a surface level, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to teach you literary analysis, how metaphors work and how to apply critical thinking when watching or reading something.
Or maybe I do know and I find it neither remarkable not interesting in the slightest because it is a dull show dealing with deeply mundane and unimportant issues that nobody should care about wrapped in a technically well-presented package.
>>
File: 30516713.jpg (315 KB, 1575x823) Image search: [Google]
30516713.jpg
315 KB, 1575x823
I loved Hyouka, but I can see why people wouldn't like it. I'll readily say that some of the arcs and stand-alone episodes are subpar: either inane or just boring.

But the great parts make it all worthwhile, and to me lift it up above the others. Just personal preference; preferring other series is more than reasonable.
>>
>>138975609
>Check the archives for any of the hundred million other discussions that have been had on the topic and give it a rewatch.
Humor me anon. People have been talking about this show all day and I've yet to see a coherent argument about it's quality other than it being well directed, which I fully agree with. That alone isn't enough to pull it above the rest of Kyoani's material. Every show they make is fabulously directed. What makes Hyouka's direction so much better than any other Kyoani show?
>>
>>138975743
>some of the arcs and stand-alone episodes

Festival arc and mountain climbing teacher episode stick out as boring.
>>
>>138975726
>Or maybe I do know
No, you're most definitely just trying to save face. It's ok though, when you finish high school literature you can give it another shot and then maybe you'll be able to follow it a little better.
>>
>>138975777
If you need an explanation of what makes the directing in Hyouka better than something decent like Hibike, then most of it just went by you. Just try looking through the archives, I really don't want to spend the next hour posting screencaps and webms and then breaking every scene down.
>>
>>138975709
They like it because they're easily impressed teenagers who the setting appeals to and who can identify with the protagonists. Due to the technically nice presentation and the occasional arty farty sequence they're given the impression to be watching something "deep" and "sublime" which makes them intellectuals for liking it so that they can tell themselves and others that they're not wasting their time watching dull Chinese cartoons but that they're actually appreciating "art". As soon as someone questions the value of what they're watching they get pretty angry and start to lash out, calling the others immature or stupid - after all, they're apparently not connoisseurs of the art in a similar fashion as they are.
>>
>>138972496
>Free in 2nd place
Fujoshits have taken over this board.
>>
>>138975777
>Every show they make is fabulously directed

You're kidding, right?

I like the expressionistic scenes that convey Oreki's struggle between a rose colored and gray world along with his captivation with Chitanda.
>>
>>138975864
>and who can identify with the protagonists
Completely and utterly wrong. If you actually think people like it because they want to pretend they're a lazy genius like Oreki, then you're even stupider than I thought. And I didn't think you were that bright to begin with.

>Due to the technically nice presentation
I already said it wasn't about the series looking pretty. Nice effort though.
>>
>>138972496
anyone have a link to the Nip poll OP is referring to?
>>
>>138975852
Let me translate this for everyone
>If you don't share my opinion you clearly must be a fool and plebian, please stop bothering me filth, you aren't worth my time.
If you can't articulate your opinions, don't spout them.

>>138975934
Those are good scenes. But I don't see how they massively surpass Kyoani's other works. There's more to good direction than putting in an abstract scene here or there.
>>
File: 1411789686327.jpg (88 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1411789686327.jpg
88 KB, 724x720
>>138975975
I just told it as it is.

Also, what I find particularly amusing is how specific your denial was

>If you actually think people like it because they want to pretend they're a lazy genius like Oreki

It's as if you envisioned yourself in the role of some lazy genius.

And your attitude, calling people stupid for not "getting it" while being unable to make a coherent argument yourself, also has teenager written all over it.
>>
>>138975852
Or maybe you could try make an argument yourself instead of relying on others.

If you're unable to motivate your reasoning, then maybe you don't have a point after all.
>>
>>138976107
>If you can't articulate your opinions, don't spout them.
And again, I refer you to the archives where many anons (myself included) have gone to great lengths to discuss in detail what they liked about the show. I know making any sort of effort is really hard, but you're going to have to try.

>>138976147
>I just told it as it is.
No, you gave the "I'm an idiot who can't see past the surface level stuff that anon said isn't the answer, but I'll call it the answer anyways."

>And your attitude, calling people stupid for not "getting it" while being unable to make a coherent argument yourself, also has teenager written all over it.
Ok, I'll bite. Without going for the low hanging fruit (that being the cherub scene or the hair entanglement) go ahead and pick out 4 or 5 of these scenes and tell me why you think people liked them and they were added to this. Again, "they look pretty" isn't the answer. I'll stop responding now because this is a waste of time. I'll start again if you can actually explain what's going on in these scenes, otherwise I'll know (and you will too) that you're literally unable to see past what's there on the surface. I'd give you a smug anime girl too, but I've got this thing to post, so sorry.

>>138976208
Like I said, I've been one who's talked about it in the past plenty of time. I just get tired taking the time to write it all out again, and it's all right in the damn archives.
>>
>>138976028
>>138950626

>>138975903
you should be more alarmed that hyouka is 1st
>>
>>138976107
>There's more to good direction than putting in an abstract scene here or there.

Sure, I wasn't implying otherwise. Those scenes represent his inner conflict well and inform you of his character. Hyouka is consistently doing this well, regardless of your actual opinion on the depth of these characters, where characters' positions telegraphs relationship with one another. Little moments like Oreki continually getting smaller in the frame as Irisu dominates the conversation that visually conveys the dynamic and emotions being felt in the scene.

I'm not saying Hyouka is far better than every other KyoAni work. I just disagree with every one of them being fabulously directed or on the same level.
>>
>>138976320
I'm asking a very specific question that you still aren't answering. I understand that Hyouka's direction is good. I know why and how it works. But why is it so much BETTER than any other show they've made? What specifically about Hyouka's is so fantastic that it puts it above something like K-on or Hibike? Simple description of scenes won't answer this question, you're going to need to actually compare two shows. If you've already answered a similar question, you're going to need to refer me to it because I'm never going to be able to dig something like that out of the archive.
>>
Some demographics are bound to split their votes among multiple shows they'd "favorite" while other demographics will be able to focus more easily.

Such is the flaw of this idea.
>>
File: 1409276153075.png (613 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1409276153075.png
613 KB, 722x525
>>138976320
>No, you gave the "I'm an idiot who can't see past the surface level stuff that anon said isn't the answer, but I'll call it the answer anyways."
No, I'm the guy who told you why you want to believe that there's "past the surface level stuff". For someone who considers himself a lazy genius you don't seem very smart.

>Without going for the low hanging fruit (that being the cherub scene or the hair entanglement) go ahead and pick out 4 or 5 of these scenes and tell me why you think people liked them and they were added to this.
Why would I go rewatch Hyouka and tell you about specific scenes? I'm not even the one who claims that there were specific scenes to like. I'm the one who says that it's a fairly simple, but technically well made show, which due to some arty sequences gives people the impression to be watching something deep. In that regard, they're all good and equal and it's you who attributes them more meaning and quality than they actually possess.

>I'll stop responding now because this is a waste of time.
No, you stop responding because you got told. If you had anything to say, you would have done so already, but you can't because you're talking out of your ass and your argument is based on hurt feelings due to someone questioning your own self-image as this lazy genius art connoisseur by proxy rather than actual argumentative substance.
>>
>>138976493
>above something like K-on

One thing I find odd about K-ON!! is how it transitions between scenes a lot of the time. I think it uses those wipe transitions with the hearts or music notes too much. Were those in the first season? I'm drawing a blank.
>>
>>138972496
why have you linked the results page
>>
>>138976782
Those are in both seasons. They're usually used to represent a longer shift in time then your average cut, as most wipe or fade effects are usually used. I don't really see the problem with them.
>>
>>138976939
>They're usually used to represent a longer shift in time then your average cut

I don't think so. They usual only advance a few minutes IIRC. Straight cuts advance hours or even a day in K-ON!! (the wipes are pretty much absent entirely in episode 4 and 5). I do often like the chimes that accompany these cuts, or transitions into imagination spots. It's all very in tone that enhances the mood and comedic value of scenes.
>>
>>138972496
>http://strawpoll.me/7154092/r
hyouka now has a ridiculous lead,whats wrong with you people
>>
If hyouka is so good why do so many people hate it?
>>
>>138977864
I rallied some of the boys and surged Hyouka and Free to make it look like kyoanusfags had shit taste
Which I mean, they do anyway, but it's funnier to exacerbate the situation
>>
Is Hyouka actually good or is it just "cute girls solving cute mysteries"?
>>
>>138977995

It's all right. The mysteries are a vehicle for exploring the characters and the boy/girl ratio is 1:1 in the group.
>>
>>138972496
Did the poll close?
>>
>>138978155
No. Take out the /r.
>>
>>138978236
Thanks.
>>
File: 1417978907983.gif (928 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1417978907983.gif
928 KB, 500x281
disappearance of haruhi is the greatest movie of all time its not even close

drama series wise clannad is the best
sol is easily nichijou
and chuu2 was irrelevant compared to s1
>>
>>138972496
Not a large enough sample size
>>
>1. Hyouka
I'm proud of you /a/
>>
this poll is totally sensible and everyone is voting according to the technical skill of the animation shown by the study in the work and not at all based on the source material that kyoani had nothing to do with.
>>
>>138976493
>it puts it above something like K-on
Literally everything but Lucky Star and Air in KyoAni's library is miles above K-On!
>>
>>138979676

You must be joking.
>>
>>138979676
Lucky Star is one of the few above.
>>
>>138979717
K-ON had the same effect eva, gundam seed, and sao had, where people think they're good because their fluke popularity literally ruined anime for years after their airing.
>>
>>138972496
>Lets see who change his IP faster: The thread

So this is a contest to see who is more autistic?
>>
>>138980975
Yes. Before the result of the nip poll was announced many anons never heard of care about Hyouka. That is why when people ask why people ask why is good this "Hyoukafags" just give vague answers.

Is a shame because is a good show but now they turned into a meme. Some people here think they are better than the glorious Nippon otaku but in reality we are as cancerous as they.
>>
>>138981258
>Hyouka
>good
Nice meme.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.