[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people like the Goku x Chichi pairing? It makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 053.jpg (106 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
106 KB, 500x545
Why don't people like the Goku x Chichi pairing? It makes so much more sense than Goku x Bulma considering the context of Dragon Ball.
>>
I don't really care either way but you really gotta appreciate the balls it took to make the first girl/main female character of the first part not only not end up with the MC, but instead hook up with the rival.

Shit would happen in any series today, and the cries of NTR would be deafening.
>>
>>138292336
>Shit would happen in any series today
Rakudai did.
>>
Because people don't like Chi Chi. Why? Because they think she's a cunt always complaining and bitching about "trivial shit".

Who gives a shit about super saiyan this and that? If a mother's child is constantly being put on the frontlines in death's grasp, yeah mom is gonna breathe fire. Goku is a horrible horrible father. Piccolo is a better dad to Gohan than Goku ever will be. Chi Chi is always frustrated because Goku is a fucking retard and a terrible father. Honestly I'd say she's too good for Goku.
>>
>>138292386
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>138292336
like in Naruto?
>>
>>138292567
You watched it didn't you? They confessed to each other and were engaged at once at episode 4. In the LN that means the ending of Vol1.
>>
>>138292194

Because she's an unrelenting shrew who exists only to bitch and yell at Goku and turn Gohan into a massive pussy.

Also they have no chemistry and got together as a couple in an afternoon based on a promise he made when he was like 10

>It makes so much more sense than Goku x Bulma considering the context of Dragon Ball.

still doesn't make it good.

They should have explored the characters relationship in the tail end of the series and had them go on adventures together and get married off camera or something
>>
>>138292194
Because ChiChi became a massive bitch with an ugly hairstyle. Her becoming like that made no sense when you know her childhood, being chased by dinosaurs and slaughtering them was a common thing for her back then.

She honestly got shit on more than Yamcha.
>>
>>138292747
See >>138292409

Thanks for proving my point ya stupid goon!
>>
>>138292818
> Chun Li MILF training and fighting with her family never
>>
>>138292709
>make the first girl/main female character of the first part not only not end up with the MC, but instead hook up with the rival.

I think you misread what he said.
>>
>>138292194
Because she was very bitchy towards Goku. Like, when Vegeta ran away, she immediately jumped to Gohan and he was afraid she would scold him for saving the world. And Goku lying half-dead? Fuck him, who cares about dumb Goku, he already gave her child and assumed responsibility. Instead she should've brought fucking food and stuff Goku with it.
>>
>>138292194
>"Gohan! Let's train! Cell is threatening the world!"
>Chichi: NO! He needs to study and go to university. Goku? Why aren't you ever home? Don't give me "I'm dead" as excuse!"
>>
>>138292921
>>138292951
>>138292747
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>138292951
>"Gohan! Let's train! World's Martial Arts Tournament is nigh and I'll give you my booty!"
>"My Gohan is not a fighter and not a slut, young lady!"
>"I am filthy rich and winner takes shit ton of money."
>"YOU CAN DO IT JUST LIKE ME AND GOKU DID!"
It's a comedy, yes, doesn't mean I can't hate Chi-chi.
>>
>>138292409
>>138292747
Both are shitty as husband and wife respectively. Goku was irresponsible and left his family a couple of times for the sake of being strong, meanwhile Chichi bitched even when the earth was in danger, also being stupid enough to always believe the SSJ was a sign of delinquency. They had a couple of cute moments, but in general their married scenes were just insufferable.
>>
>>138293008
Toriyama is just shit at writing families.
Either that or he must have hated his own mother and was venting off steam.

I still don't understand why Chichi when there was Suno who'd have come in a pack with Android 8 as godfather and guardian for the entire family throughout the generations.
>>
>>138293085
>Suno
>"Who?"
By Akira Toriyama.
>>
>>138292336
they clearly were never meant to be romantically involved, they had a brother/sister relationship going on
>>
>>138293085
>Android 8 joins along in the battle against Cell.
>Gohan and Goku forced to witness him making a last stand.
>This triggers Gohan's SSJ.
>>
>>138293085
He in general has a cynical view about the everyday aspects of society. Like how every background human in DBZ is either ignorant, angry or gullible.
>>
Damn, for people who always go on and on about the fact that DB HAS ALWAYS BEEN A JOKE SERIES CELLFAGS TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY, everyone hates the joke that is Goku and Chichi's relationship.

Yeah, I'm not happy that Chichi can't be cute anymore and that all anyone remembers about her is being fussy and shouting, but that's pretty much what the entire joke around their relationship is, and fuck if they're writing any of the other characters any better.

And you fucks who keep bringing up Suno need to shove it. If you think she wouldn't have ended up like Chichi did, then you're out of your mind. She barely showed up any more than Chichi did in the manga before they got married, there's no reason she wouldn't just end up the same.
>>
Chi chi is more annoying in english, at least she has a cute voice in wapanese
>>
>>138293241
When a joke isn't funny (or isn't perceived as such), all that's left is the plot, and in this case it only shows a couple of annoying characters with no chemistry.
>>
>>138292336
Bulma wasn't really introduced as a love interest and Goku was too young at the beginning of the show for people to expect anything of that sort.
>>
Why does she call him Goku-sa?
>>
>>138293241
>She barely showed up any more than Chichi did in the manga before they got married, there's no reason she wouldn't just end up the same.
I agree with the Suno shipping being annoying but what you said doesn't make any sense. She and Chichi had different personalities and the later's obsession with marriage and her one-sided delusions about others are natural precedents to her grown-up attitudes.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 732x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 732x1091
I've thoroughly argued this before a long time ago and I'm not about to do it again. Bulma is best girl for many, many reasons and if you can't see why you need to pay more attention when watching your anime because it's clear as day why ChiChi is not a very good wife and why Bulma is an extremely good waifu.
>>
>>138292818
>With an ugly hairstyle
Fucking this. She was actually pretty cute at the end of DB. What Toriyama did to her design should be a crime.
>>
>>138293430
This is not even going off appearances by the way although I'd say in my opinion that Bulma looks better. I'm going off evens in the anime.
>>
>>138292194
chichi is a massive bitch. the end.
>>
>>138292386
>LN Shitter in charge of reading comprehension
>>
I like them in the rare moment when it seems like they actually love each other.
>>>/wsg/978350
>>
>>138292409
>Goku is a terrible dad meme
He's raising Gohan the same way he was raised and that nobody ever told him him was wrong.
Not to mention Goku DIED to save Gohan. In what bizarro world do you live in that saving your son even if it means your own life has no value?
Meanwhile Chi Chi is fine and dandy with letting the human race be exterminated if it means Gohan learns fucking Calculus at 10, which nobody should learn Calc to begin with seeing as no actual human being who enjoys life cares about it or uses it in a day to day scenario.
Then even when it's revealed Gohan has a talent in something that can save the world and keep peace Chi Chi ruins that in favor of making him a scientist, which Gohan already proved has a limitation by killing Cell!
Sure Go Ahead Chichi defense force, say power and fight is worthless and stupid when Gohan killed Science.
>>
>>138295825
>Not to mention Goku DIED to save Gohan
He died to save EVERYONE, not just Gohan.
>>
>>138295881
Talking about Radditz though, that in particular was to save Gohan.
>>
>>138292336
Dragon Ball was made on a more innocent time where autistic faggots didn't have absolute power over the industry
>>
>>138293085
>Akira! Stop wasting your time making cartoons and study more
>But mom, I want to be a mangaka when I grow up
>Shut up, you'll be a doctor
Toriyama is a turboautist so he didn't take it well
>>
>>138292336
>but you really gotta appreciate the balls it took to make the first girl/main female character of the first part not only not end up with the MC
The Editor REALLY pushed for it. Toriyama had to really put his foot down and insist they are not getting together.
>>
>>138292818
Basically this. She became a parody of overbearing mothers and only mellows out towards the end of the Cell Saga.
>>
>>138292336
Yeah but Goku was also introduced as like a 5 year old where as Bulma seemed to be around 16-19.

That age gap meant the pairing would have never happened. This should have been clear to everyone.
>>
>>138297947
He was introduced as 15. Then it was revealed he was actually 12.
>>
>>138292194
It's meant to be NTR
>>
>>138292336
series was for 10 year old, you over thinking things
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.