[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever feared that one day that your anime collection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 15
Have you ever feared that one day that your anime collection that took years could be wiped out due to hard drive failure? How do you prevent it or deal with it?
>>
>>123675491
I don't have a backlog.
>>
Negro, I've been at this for decades.
I've lost my entire collection multiple times.

It's just something you live with, if you don't want to put extra money into back-ups and more back-ups.
>>
If only there were ways to increase the robustness of your dates storage. But unfortunately, the BBC wiped all the tapes.
>>
How do you manage to have a backlog if you have no job, friends, social life, or commitments of any kind?
>>
I watch it.
>>
>>>/g/
>>
Always keep a physical list of my backlog written down so I can get it back if I need to.
>>
File: 1416710347697.png (152 KB, 509x410) Image search: [Google]
1416710347697.png
152 KB, 509x410
>>123675491
i have calculating how much it would cost to print it all out
>>
I stopped keeping a physical backlog years ago, I stream torrents through programs, and they get deleted immediately after. I got 6TB of empty harddrives sitting there because I stopped giving a fuck
>>
>>123675491
>that pic
>virtual reality library to visit inside your head when
I hope this happens atleast one day before I die.
>>
>>123675905
Virtual reality almost became a thing for file systems decades ago, but then everybody realized that it was fucking stupid.
>>
>>123675491
I stream Anime.
>>
File: 1387649082551.png (92 KB, 399x322) Image search: [Google]
1387649082551.png
92 KB, 399x322
/a/ have you ever given any thought to inheriting your backlog to someone else you trust in the event of your untimely demise?
You may have created the backlog but it doesn't necessarily have to be you who watches and enjoys it, y'know?
>>
>>123675491
By only keeping anime I'd possibly watch again
>>
>>123676006
It will always be retarded in all forms except perfection.
>>
>>123675491
>collecting anime

Why?
>>
File: dobetter.jpg (23 KB, 414x425) Image search: [Google]
dobetter.jpg
23 KB, 414x425
>>123675491
>he doesn't replace his ESSDs every six months
You deserve the loss that's coming to you.
>>
Pretty easy:
-A regular Backlog
-A .txt file for all the names
-A 2nd backlog/ C: for all anime which are really hard to find.
>>
You know what I've been trying to kill my backlog, but I have other interest that get in the way.

What do?
>>
>>123675491
There is a reason why external Internet list services exist. Or you could always revert to analog like this anon >>123675733
>>
>>123675627
Have you ever actually attempted to marathon even just 2-cour a day for 2 days?
You get burnt out quick.
>>
>>123676480
Kill and eat wife\gf
tell friends you're moving to Thailand for "work"
quit clubs/leagues
firebomb place of employment
devote the remainder of your time to Haruhi
>>
>>123676563
>burnt out on a 2-cour over 2 days
Nigger that is one sitting.
>>
2 3TB HDDs in Raid1 to prevent disk failure.
Unfortunately, my raid configuration has fucked up twice now, which means I have to rebuild the array. And of course that means copying everything to other disks before rebuilding.
So yeah, I regret everything.
One day I'll get a NAS.
And I like the idea of making a .txt file with all the names, haven't made that yet.
>>
>>123675491
You just have a list, anon. It took you years to accumulate that, but not years of literal downloading. You could have it back within weeks if you really need to.

Also, I'm too cheap to get more storage space, so I have a very transient collection to begin with.
>>
>>123676616
>can't read
He said two cours a day for two days.
>>
>>123676689
Most of the time when something like this happens I realize I don't even want half the shit I had back anyway then never bother getting it. It is like the equivalent of moving house for getting rid of shit you have just had cluttering your life but don't need anymore. There are some things though that are old as fuck and barely exist on the internet that would be annoying to lose.

>>123676772
Nigger that is two sittings.
>>
My backlog is in my head. Unfortunately I eventually forget which anime I plan on watching unless I get reminder.
>>
Nope. I have one rule
Watch and delete.
And only newfags have backlogs
>>
>>123676824
>my backlog is in my head
That's a short fucking backlog.
>>
>collection of downloaded animu
How is that worth shit? You can download it again anytime so why bother storing it?
>>
>>123675627
Schedule times you'd like to watch or watch 3 episodes a day or something.
>>
>>123675491
Why would I store something just for the sake of storing it?
I only keep stuff I like, so a few movies and series.
>>
>>123676868
My memory is no good but nah. Like I said I need to get reminded of it.
>>
>>123676896
Because it saves you the effort of redownloading it?
>>
>>123675491
>>123675565
Instead of having a backlog, try watching the shows? I mean, if you spend each time you eat (about thirty minutes or so) watching one episode from your backlog, you'd get through it in no time. A 26-episode series would take you about nine days, watching three episodes a day. With this in mind, you could clear 40 26-ep series in a year, or 80 1-cour (13-episodes) series.
>>
>>123676638
If all your animu is in the same folder you can quickly make a list with command prompt.
cd to the directory and dir /b >filename.txt
It will output the directory contents to a text file.
>>
>>123676820
So you're trying to say that you routinely watch anime for 12 hours a day?
>>
>>123676852
>only newfags have backlogs
People who genuinely think this usually have a really low powerlevel because they just watch seasonal shows besides covering the "classic" anime from the previous decades that anyone has seen and thus have terrible knowledge of anime from the past in general. Either that or extremely narrow tastes and thus a low powerlevel.
>>
>>123675627
4chan
>>
>>123676563
Then don't do it. A little at a time can still eat away at a LOT of backlog.
>>
>>123676960
Backlogs aren't collections.
Backlogs needn't even be downloaded yet. It's just what you're planning to watch/read.
Your collection is the stuff you have available locally.
>>
>>123676962
worked like a charm. thanks anon.
>>
>>123676960
>With this in mind, you could clear 40 26-ep series in a year, or 80 1-cour (13-episodes) series.
Amazing. You mean I could watch 1/2 of the anime I watch per year if I put some effort in?
>>
>>123676985
Its actually the other way around
>>
>>123675491
>that one day that
this is the face of 4chan

Anyway, I fear nothing. My backlog is an Excel spreadsheet. I only download what I'm going to watch when I'm going to watch it. Half the time I watch stuff that's not on my backlog anyway. So if I lose it all it's whatever. I'll go on /a/ or talk to one of my real-life anime-watching friends and be reminded of something I wanted to see, and then I'll go see it.
>>
>>123676960
They're talking about collections, not backlogs.

Regardless, you do realize that having eighty one cour shows to watch is what a backlog is, right?
>>
>>123677079
No it isn't.
>>
>>123676960
>three episodes a day
Jesus fuck, I feel as though I haven't watched enough if I watch less than 10
>>
>>123676852
You don't know what a backlog is, do you?
>>
>>123675491
I have a NAS
>>
>>123677116
Ok newfag enjoy your "huge" backlog
>>
>>123676960
I watch probably a cour a day on average. You're a faggot if you think three episodes a day is going to clear your backlog.
>>
>>123675491
>not relying on the power of friendship to backup anime

My redudancy strategy is sharing TB of series with some buddies of mine.
>>
>>123677203
Unless you've seen two thousand-plus series, you should have a huge backlog.
>>
>>123676985
>People who genuinely think this usually have a really low powerlevel because they just watch seasonal shows besides covering the "classic" anime from the previous decades that anyone has seen and thus have terrible knowledge of anime from the past in general. Either that or extremely narrow tastes and thus a low powerlevel.

Bullshit. I have an anime power level higher than most BECAUSE I dont' have a backlog! I have been watching anime since before a lot of you have been born, and I can attest that, watching them is a matter of you just taking the fucking TIME to watch them.

Again, if you watch an anime each time you eat (for breaks, etc.) you can easily plow through a lot of series. This is so effective, I'm also able to push through my backlog of TV series I want to watch with ease - I just finished The Flash and the first season of Arrow, and I only started them both about two weeks ago.
>>
>>123677203
See you are attemptimg to imply that having a backlog means you are new because you wouldn't have one if you weren't new because you would have seen it all. This is exactly what I was talking about when I say to say this either you have a terrible knowledge of anime from the past or an extremely limited taste and thus a low powerlevel. You haven't have finished your backlog if neither of those apply to you.
>>
>>123677263
Exactly my point
>>
File: pic_1427553119_1.jpg (823 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pic_1427553119_1.jpg
823 KB, 1920x1080
>>123675491
one day anon your backlog will take longer to read than your remaining lifespan... maybe it already happened...
>>
>>123677009
>Backlogs aren't collections.
>Backlogs needn't even be downloaded yet. It's just what you're planning to watch/read.

Again, read what I said - you can watch a LOT if you make the effort. Download the series, then watch it as I suggested. It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>123675491
I don't... keep the anime i watch

If i wanna watch something again i can download it in a few minutes
>>
>>123677348
The posts you were responding to weren't discussing backlogs you goddamn retard.
>>
What backlog?
There arent even 100 series worth watching
>>
>>123677300
So everyone who doesn't have two thousand shows watched is a newfag? Seems a little excessive.

>>123677312
>>123677355
>...
>>
>>123677402
Says the casual.
>>
>>123677312

Nah, I just need to stop being lazy and stop browsing /a/.
>>
>>123677433
Says the shiteater.
>>
>>123677402
kek

>>123677286
> watching them is a matter of you just taking the fucking TIME to watch them
Wait, so I have to watch shows in order to watch them? Wow, grandpa, thanks for the advice.

> This is so effective, I'm also able to push through my backlog of TV series I want to watch with ease - I just finished The Flash and the first season of Arrow, and I only started them both about two weeks ago
God damn, you're a faggot.
>>
>>123676638
>Raid1
Are you even trying? RAID is not a backup alternative. RAID is a redundant array of inexpensive disks. You haven't even mentioned an off site backup.. christ..

Go ZFS with ECC RAM or go home. It's like you enjoy living on the edge.
>>
>>123677141
> Jesus fuck, I feel as though I haven't watched enough if I watch less than 10
Hey, I watch more than this at times, too - It's just that, unlike a lot of other people here, I don't have a backlog, because I have been in the "game" longer and caught up to my shows a LONG time ago. I'm so current, I'm actually waiting for the new stuff to come out on release, AND I am catching up on my 3DPD tv shows.

This was more a suggestion for those that don't watch to get in with "baby steps" and start watching instead of just hoarding.
>>
>>123675491
Create a database list for all your downloaded shows, I separate ones I've watched and not watched onto different drives, if the archive drive fails and I feel like watching something I just go download it again.
>>
I don't keep backlogs anymore. It's pointless and just makes you enjoy anime less because it starts feeling like a chore and you get an urge just to complete everything and move on. Either way, I watched most of the older anime I wanted and I've been keeping up with almost every anime in the last decade or so. If I really want to watch something I just download it and watch it all in one sitting (like I did with Infinite Ryvius a couple months ago) instead of putting in some backlog with 50 other anime.
>>
>>123677286
If you don't have a backlog you either have narrow tastes or a lack of knowledge up to you which.
>>
>>123677495
> God damn, you're a faggot.

Or a troll. Some people troll with more subtle bait. thanks for taking it hook, line and sinker.
>>
>>123676977
You don't?
>>
>>123677543
> I'm so current, I'm actually waiting for the new stuff to come out on release, AND I am catching up on my 3DPD tv shows
Please get a trip.

>This was more a suggestion for those that don't watch to get in with "baby steps"
That didn't even deserve a second season. Worst taste.
>>
>>123677543
But your way of "burning" through your backlog is so incredibly inefficient. Hell, judging from your post quality it's obviously bullshit because you're also obviously underage. I've probably seen more anime these last 5 months than you have these last 5 years.
>>
>>123677625
M8, as soon as you used the exclamation point, everyone knew. You're in a baitwar.
>>
>>123677402
This
>>
>>123677585
>If you don't have a backlog you either have narrow tastes or a lack of knowledge up to you which.

OR I'm an oldfag that's probably been watching shows since time first began. Jesus, you people can be dumb.
>>
I have drives backing up my main one in case of failure. If my house catches on fire, I will carry the tower out or die trying.
>>
>>123677704
They actually think there is an infinite amount of anime made
>>
>>123677763
There are twenty thousand-plus shows.
>>
>>123675491
Thousands of floppy drives.
>>
>>123677798
You can watch that in 5 years
>>
>>123677547
>watch it all in one sitting
The only time I tried to do this the day after I barely remembered anything other than the basic plot. Did it happen to you?
>>
>>123677686
I've been watching anime since 1977 starting with Uchuu Senkan Yamato. I've seen obscure shit you probably have never even heard of. SpaceKeteers? Danguard ace? Or maybe Grendaizer? No? Poor lirttle newfag. Try harder. Once you can say that you have watched the (still incomplete) list on anilinkz.tv, you can say that you've watched more than I have, since I have fully watched about two-thirds of the series there, and the other third I dropped because I didn't like them..
>>
>>123677763
>They actually think there is an infinite amount of anime made
I know. It's kinda sad.
>>
File: bklg.png (11 KB, 374x323) Image search: [Google]
bklg.png
11 KB, 374x323
>>123677704
>>123677920
Ok then oldfag who has seen everything since the beginning of time, tell me which of the following have you seen and if not why are they not on your backlog?
>>
>>123677865
That is more than five years of runtime.
>>
>>123675491
> not having your anime saved to BD/DVD

Bitch, please....

Capthcha: NoRAM

Yes, captcha, that's why you save it to external sources.
>>
>>123677798
And how many worth a shit?
>>
>>123677914
Depends on the anime. I did that for Le Chevalier D'Eon several years ago and I remember almost nothing about it now aside from vague details. But on the other hand I watched Ika Musume in one sitting and I remember most of it.
>>
>>123677920
>Uchuu Senkan Yamato
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>123678078
Maybe 200
>>
>>123677920
>Poor lirttle newfag.
>Try harder.
>anilinkz.tv

Just stop trying. You're not fooling anyone. Literally no one in this thread believes you've watched more than 10 anime. One thing I can applaud you on is your ability to bait. You've hooked me that's for sure.
>>
>>123677914
Have you actually only marathoned one show? The only time I had trouble remembering the plot after marathoning (not counting slow-paced stuff, which I don't marathon precisely because it all blends together) was on my ill-advised minimum-sleep Macross run.
>>
>>123678035
sucked, sucked, mildly amusing, meh, liked the manga better, fun romp, Orbots had a plothole that annoyed me (but the bots were cool), boring, boring, generic boring, Hmm.. Need to check out rocky chuck, meh, meh, and I'll need to pick up mapletown.

Thanks for the list with a few I hadn't seen. It just goes to show that some things CAN slip past you, no matter how diligent.

P.S. I'd still recommend, if you can find it, that you watch the shows that were part of "Force five" - they were some of Leiji Matstumoto's more interesting works, other than Harlock and Yamato.
>>
Is it wrong to join an university anime club and screen anime from my archive?
>>
>>123678357
>Is it wrong to join an university anime club
Yes. Why would you do that?
>>
>>123678249
It was a test run with Grisaia, because I wanted to watch the two sequels this season. Never again.
>>
>>123678199
Sadly, this wasn't bait. Also, unlike a lot of you, I can say that I have officially subtitled and timed anime for ADV when they were still around.

Just because you find something "hard to believe" doesn't mean that it's not true.

And I ONLY used the list on anilinkz because a) it's a fairly comprehensive list b) it's in an easily-read format and c) I figured the link was simple enough for even the most simplest person to comprehend.
>>
>>123678528
>It was a test run with Grisaia,
There's your problem, anon. Next time, pick a better show.
>>
>>123678464
B-Because watching SoL makes me wonder if clubs and friends are really fun.
>>
>>123678602
T-They told me it was not bad. ;_;
>>
>>123678329
>dororo
>fun romp
Nigger what in are you talking about? Fun romp sounds like exactly the wrong way to describe it. To be honest no single comment you have made there actually makes me believe you have seen any of the shows and some just cast doubt on it even further. Especially the way you pretend to have watched Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi. I assume you have probably seen a few of them and then decided to make things up for the rest based on a google search and admit to not seeing a few so as not to be entirely implausible.
>>
>>123677914
The reason that happens is that marathoning it can often reveal the true quality of a show.

I marathoned Psycho-Pass S1 and it made me realize that despite it being good, very little happens for a 26 episode series.
>>
>>123677402
And the most popular stuff will always be available online anyways so there isn't any reason to horde every series. I only worry about stuff that no one cares about such as doujinshi and OSTs to old or mediocre series that I happen to like.
>>
>>123678627
They are. But not fucking anime clubs. You will find the plebbiest people there. It's like the fucking Youtube or Sadpanda comment section.
>>
>>123678329
>boring
>Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi
kek
>>
>>123678813
>And the most popular stuff will always be available online anyway
Clearly you haven't watched anime long.
>>
>>123678813
Anon, it's "hoard." Please.
>>
>>123678680
There are some shows you should not marathon. It doesn't mean it is bad.

Take Aria. the show is great, but you take it in doses (like one ep a week, to start or end the week) and it's a great, comfy show, but try to watch it all at once, and you'll either fall asleep or get burnt out trying to take in all the "nothing" that happens.

Grisaia, for some, has the same effect. Sorry I wasn't clear. If you liked it, glad to hear it, but pick your marathon battles wisely.
>>
>>123678249
> ill-advised minimum-sleep Macross run
I think I need to try this.
>>
>>123678928
Thanks for the tip, but it is not like I have any time for marathons anyway. Maybe someday.
>>
File: livingroom01s.jpg (340 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
livingroom01s.jpg
340 KB, 1600x1060
>>123675491
I don't keep any anime collection on my HDD, and have a pretty large physical collection.
>>
>>123678714
Fun romp means it help my attention, but had no real substance to it. I can barely rememebr any of the episodes, as they did nothing to capture my attention like his other works. I still wish he ha made a better ending for devilman and devilman lady.
>>
>>123678329
Are you Japanese? Do you at the very least know Japanese language? Half of those shows are not subtitled and never have been and some don't even have a full set of raws available.
>>
>>123679177
Why are you talking about Go Nagai? Dororo is a Osamu Tezuka manga and a TV anime adaptation was made by Sugii in the late 60s.
>>
>>123678831
Sadpanda comments are from refined gentleman.
YT and Boorus are shit, though.
>>
>>123679261
He's mistaking it with Dororon Enmma-kun, a Go Nagai work.
>>
>>123679205
>Do you at the very least know Japanese language?

I did subtitling and timing for quite a while and, even though I am not fluent, I have seen some of these raw. I'be also seen soem french shows, german shows and (ugh) russian shows. Is it really that hard to comprehend that someone actually likes animated shows? And some of these were shown on specialty stations as part of "culture hours" or late night prograsmming, that I never recorded. I should have, had I known that they were not ever going to produce raws, even if I hated them.. just to put them up for others.
>>
>>123679261
Gah. brain fart. I'm getting my names confused. Blame senility.
>>
>>123679418
> I did subtitling and timing for quite a while
I wish you'd died instead of Dozo.
>>
>>123679418
I am going to go with bullshiting about at least half of them and possibly seen a couple.
>>
>>123678329
What was the Orbots plothole?
>>
>>123679261
>in the late 60s.
How was anime of that time? Can you even find it today?
>>
Two 4TB HDDs in a mirrored RAID
>>
>>123679587
There is a full set of raws on nyaa and the first five episodes were subtitled.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=409512
>>
>>123678035
>Gamna no Bouken

As far as I know, there's no such thing.
Did you mean Ganba no Bouken?
Because I saw some of that when I was kid.

Same goes for Dokonjo Gaeru, Mapletown, Gold Lightan (hell I even had a lighter toy for it), Osomatsu-kun as well as Tensai Bakabon.

As for Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi, watched it every week. In fact, back in mid-late eights when I saw Laputa in theaters, I was going OMG! It's the Nihon Mukashi Banashi old man voice! in the caves.
>>
>>123679587
>>123679661
Anyway it is made at Mushi Productions andwas fairly static slideshow-like very limited animation following Tezuka's philosophy of making anime cheap so I wouldn't take it to show the state of anime. You can see films like Hakujaden from Toei in 1958 that have more fluent animation than shows of today.
>>
>>123679513
Not that guy, but I've seen about half.
I can throw you more nostalgic vague names at you like Spoon Obasan, Gu-Gu-Gummo, Bakabon, and my favorite Jarinko Chie (yes, I'm from Osaka local).
>>
>>123679661
Thanks but I think I'll pass. Just one more question, what is the oldest Anime available online?
>>
>>123679681
>Did you mean Ganba no Bouken?
Of course I did it was a typo.
>>123679773
The other guy isn't even from Japan, being from Japan makes it much easier to believe. People on /a/ will call a show like Anne of Green Gables obscure.
>>
>>123679837
Well there is that one short clip from 1917 or there are releases like the ones anonymoose makes

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=637153
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=637099
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=656006
>>
>>123679837
Isn't it the pack of anime from 1930s to 1960s?
>>
>>123679148

Disc Rot
>>
File: 1423001744244.gif (1 MB, 303x307) Image search: [Google]
1423001744244.gif
1 MB, 303x307
Myanimelist
>>
>>123679981
as long as you don't use the forums it's fine.
>>
>>123679625
do you have an offsite backup?
>>
>>123679963
>Disc Rot

Sure there's always risk of that, but as far as I know I don't have any discs scratched for oxidation.

Beside I have some CD-ROMs from back in the early 90s doing just fine.
And that Kichikuoh Rance disc on the right side of the picture? Original prints from late 90s, with limited edition book and all. Plays just fine.
>>
>>123679148
>not caring about rotational velocidensity
I hope your audio for all of them is FLAC otherwise you're going to rewatching mute anime in a couple years.
>>
Fuck anime, anime is easily replaceable, but I just lost a 1TB porn collection to a hard drive failure.
>>
>>123680527
Why would you save porn?
Actually nevermind, I just remembered the JAVs that were for some reason only released on Xvideos and cannot be found anywhere else since it was taken down.

Crazy, just completely crazy.
>>
>>123675733

>Command prompt
>dir <anime folder path> /b > "my_shit_taste.txt"
>Print/store/etc

inb4 install gentoo
>>
File: Capture.png (64 KB, 1171x423) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
64 KB, 1171x423
Anybody?
>>
honestly, with your current internet speed how long it'd take you to re-download everything?

i delete everything after watching because i don't rewatch anime. there are only few series/movies i'd enjoy rewatching and i can download them anytime if i feel like it. still i prefer to watch my evergrowing backlog instead.
>>
I buy it
>>
File: a few titles.png (289 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
a few titles.png
289 KB, 2560x1440
>>123679981
I like making ugly desktop backgrounds with my list and then not use them because they look like shit.
>>
>>123681171
>Deltora Quest
But why?
>>
>>123681171
paranoia agent
>>
what's gone's gone
no backups no ragrets
>>
File: shirouthefreemarketcapitalist.jpg (266 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shirouthefreemarketcapitalist.jpg
266 KB, 800x600
>>123675491
Just purchase English dubbed anime DVDs at Best Buy for the manufacturer's suggested retail price.
>>
>>123681394

Truth. Not like I'm going to watch them again anyway. Hell, I got rid of my VN clutter last week and saved over 100 GB.
>>
File: Kingwin KF-3000 drive dock.jpg (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kingwin KF-3000 drive dock.jpg
87 KB, 640x480
I have new anime come in on the main drive. After checking for completeness and giving each file a CRC checksum in its name via RapidCRC filetool, I move it to a folder for that show located in a separate partition on the same drive. At that point, I update an index file so I know I have that episode. The index file is how I know I have something or not or if there is something else to download.

RapidCRC:
http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/

When the set of shows is complete, I use MultiPar to generate some extra files to help me recover those files if they get dropouts or go bad. The video files are then moved to an external hard drive mounted in a hard drive dock. Using docks is more efficient than buying separate external hard drive cases that contain a hard drive inside.

MultiPar:
http://multipar.eu/
Hard drive docks:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hard+drive+dock&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Because I use drive docks, I simply buy more hard drives and use file sync software to update a duplicate backup drive for each of the file archive drives. It's easier and cheaper than using external drive cases. The drives are all conveniently and compactly stored on a bookshelf in their original antistatic envelopes. Besides external docks, I also use an internal kingwin KF-3000 dock for my PC. It also lets me fit 3 drives in a 2-bay space.

Kingwin KF-3000 internal dock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcirFUgiH7U
>>
>>123681321
Browsing torrent site while drunk.
Now that I have a backlog I can tell that it's counterproductive.
Beware.
>>
>>123678329
Make a rec chart, please grandpa.
>>
>>123676563
When I was still fairly new to anime I amd I discovered Clannad I marathoned Clannad, After Story, and Kanon without even stopping to sleep.

Burnt out quick my ass.
>>
>>123680527

>not having a backup of all your porn

Don't be cheap, a 1tb external isn't that expensive.
>>
File: th.jpg (17 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
17 KB, 750x422
>>123675491
I won't care because its all mecha and mecha is just toy commercials
>>
>>123682128
>a 1tb external

An external HDD is not any safer than an internal.
What you need is a raid configuration, external or internal, doesn't matter.
>>
>working on your backlog and realize that the anime you are watching is fucking garbage but still want to finish it

fucking

ben-to
nichijou
noragami
witch craft works
>>
>>123682711
All animu belongs in the trash. I like garbage.
>>
>>123682767
Not unlike yourself?
>>
>>123682711
That sounds fucking stupid. Just drop the damn thing if you don't like it.
>>
>>123680527
I know that pain 4 years ago I had a 1tb that was almost full fail and I lost everything. I just recently had to expand to a 4tb hard drive for my porn and I'm worried due to it being all in one place and on such a large drive. I'll have a backup for it next month though so hopefully it will be fine.
>>
I often have to encode my own shit or remux other releases that have issues (external DDL v2s, sub lines to fix, remux someone's subs over someone else's raws...) so I have to make sure I keep it safe otherwise it's a lot of work wasted.

Still don't have a reliable backup plan though. Last time I had a hard drive fail I was able to copy everything except for some of Nihon Mukashibanashi.
>>
File: Osu.png (159 KB, 800x650) Image search: [Google]
Osu.png
159 KB, 800x650
I used to be doing great on my backlog. And then /a/ told me about a game.
>>
>>123679418
>>123679681
>>123679773
>>123679866
>>123680186
I want these people to post more.
>>
>>123682821
I will happily stay in the trash with my animu, you should join me too anon.
>>
>There are still people out there using a computer who don't have a robust backup strategy.

Technology is not infallible. Back your shit up.
>>
>>123683010
90% of my next to watch is based off of OP's and beatmaps I like in Osu. I'll watch everything eventually but meh...
>>
>>123676178
>inheriting your backlog to someone else
I think you mean "bequeathing" not "inheriting"
>>
>>123683111
The trips have spoken, back yo shit up.
>>
File: OscarS6.jpg (131 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
OscarS6.jpg
131 KB, 550x350
>>123683086
Why yes, I would feel very comfortable there.
>>
10+ years ago when stuff was harder to find and more of a hassle to download, yeah for sure. But we live in a world with fiber optic internet and bakabt so it's pretty much a non-issue.
Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.