[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Facial Topology for Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10
File: topology.jpg (691 KB, 1850x970) Image search: [Google]
topology.jpg
691 KB, 1850x970
'Sup /3/

I have no idea what i'm doing; Facil Topology Edition.
I'm Completly lost on the Eyelids and Mouth area. Would you mind to give me some help with this?
>>
DUDE
>>
You've already done it. What the hell do you mean you're lost ? It looks like the basemesh is taken from somewhere though
>>
File: cavities.jpg (755 KB, 1920x968) Image search: [Google]
cavities.jpg
755 KB, 1920x968
>>512320
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Does it looks done? I mean, are the loops correctly done?
If that looks done, I'll be okay with it. I'm just insecure that the loops are not correct or there are too many stars or some other shit.
I mean, I've looked EVERYWHERE but nobody has a close up shot of the eyelids.
I would like to make the eyelids pixar style

I'm not a rigger nor an animator, so I Don't know if they'll work properly. Also, I'm not sure if I should leave cavities for the Mouth and Eye Socket - is this common?
How can I make the eye socket fit precisely the eye?
>>
File: _MeshDesignOne.jpg (457 KB, 1200x1028) Image search: [Google]
_MeshDesignOne.jpg
457 KB, 1200x1028
>>512322
they're alright, not feature film standards, but it's good enough to work with
if you want a better topology, have a look at "the art of moving points", this style of topology have been some of the best i've worked with as both a rigger and an animator, and i believe it was pixar standard until not long ago (if not still)
>>
>>512322
The mouth will animate fine, the eyelids might need some pushing in. When you're modelling eyelids, put a sphere for the eyes and model the eyelids around it to make sure they don't clip when you place the eyes. Also it will help you to get a more accurate shape.

Go to pinterest and search for facial topology, there are lots of references and links for video tutorials and instructions.

Your topology looks good overall.
>>
File: Olmec.jpg (251 KB, 1536x1126) Image search: [Google]
Olmec.jpg
251 KB, 1536x1126
>>512326
>>
>>512329
Jesus christ its been forever since I watched that show. I feel old ;_;
>>
File: density.jpg (513 KB, 1692x1530) Image search: [Google]
density.jpg
513 KB, 1692x1530
Went to the body, how am I doing?
>>
>>512653
Isn't that too much topology?
I'm game oriented, so I know shit about animation, but that feels like a realy really dense mesh to me
>>
File: finn.jpg (587 KB, 1821x1080) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
587 KB, 1821x1080
>>512681

From what I've studied, That's a pretty OK level of Polygons even for game characters (although you would probably rather eliminate a lot of those polys just for a smoother run in engine.)

On animation, you want to make the rigger and the animator's job as easier as you can. Both animation and rigging should be pretty smooth, so a fair amount of polys is desirable.

Also, update on the face.
>>
File: x4xtuoj7.jpg (407 KB, 952x1074) Image search: [Google]
x4xtuoj7.jpg
407 KB, 952x1074
>>512707
imho
doesn't mean your model wouldn't work as it is, but this is roughly what i'd go for
>>
File: body.jpg (384 KB, 1649x1053) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
384 KB, 1649x1053
>>512716
Hey, that's pretty awesome!
Thank you very very much for taking your time to do a line correction on the topology, dear anon! That's a lot of help, my sincere thanks!

I was using the models of Sergi Caballer as reference, do you think his topology solutions are not very good? I got into the falacy of thinking that, "if he works at disney, he might know his stuff", but I'm super naive.
here's his stuff, he has a face right in the homepage;
http://www.sergicaballer.com/

Also, here's the body so far.
>>
File: mesh.jpg (254 KB, 620x736) Image search: [Google]
mesh.jpg
254 KB, 620x736
>>512734
>Sergi Caballer
clearly that's a much better source than my guesswork, but you can see on his exemple some things i've pointed out:
->the edge starting at the corner of the mouth that aims at the base of the ear
->a strong shape starting on the nose and cornering the mouth that doesn't feel so strong to me atm on your model (even if the idea is there)
->the star on the lid further out
as for the edgeloop going under the chin that i suggested, that's something i like, but that i don't see very often.
Ultimately the topology depends on the model, there shouldn't be juste one type that's applicable for every humanoid, especially as one goes further in caricature designs. Needless to say the exemple you're giving is one to follow, though.
Here's one (not by me) i've had excellent quick result rigging.
It contradicts some of the things i've said, but just to show it's not an exact science
>>
great looking model, only crit is fix the topology on the upper eyelid , other than that it's really nice work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.