[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you charge for a 3D intro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nsdlizjmmu1qd479ro1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdlizjmmu1qd479ro1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x500
I need a short, maybe 7 second, intro for my youtube videos and have been quoted $1000 USD and up. I only have $100 USD max to spend, I dont need one built from the ground up, I dont care if its from a premade template. I just need to add my channel name and some music and done. I made a rough go of it using Blender templates from Youtube but my shitty computer wouldn't render it. Is this even possible at this price or should I give up now?
>>
>>525680
I get paid minimum wage working a real minimum wage job and i make over $100 per day. I suggest you get a job kid
>>
>>525681
I'm 28 and work a full time job, I still don't see why that means I should pay over that am out for a 7 second template based project. Wouldn't it be better to answer what I asked instead of being a shitbag?
>>
>>525682
stop namefagging
>>
>>525683
Habit from /k/ but why would it matter what a temporary name is on a Mongolian throat singing forum?
>>
>>525680

Why do you need 3d. You must be good with premiere and aftereffects if you are a youtuber.
>>
>>525682
made a bid on freelancer.com then
pajeet will do it
>>
>>525686
make*
>>
>>525685
I use Sony Vegas for video editing but I haven't tried my hand at making an intro yet. I just really like the look of 3d intros from blender and didn't think I could achieve the same with just Vegas.
>>
>>525686
Is that really my only option? Do services that that or fiver actually produce decent results?
>>
>>525689
yes, but it greatly depends on how much reputation the person have, but more reputation = higher bid

you could also ask examples before you actually work with them
>>
>>525680

Give examples of youtube intros.
>>
>>525691
Here is an example of an inyor I thought was cool. https://youtu .be/dw-GxODXOtI
It doesn't have to be this exact one, I did see a lot of cool blender templates up for download on YouTube I would be fine with. That's why I'm wondering does that price reflect something like this from the ground up? What if I just need someone who knows blender to add a line of text and music to a template and render it for me?
>>
>>525690
I'll have to check this option out
>>
>>525693
why use a template, do it from the ground up
>>
>>525693
Its mostly the render time, 7 seconds at 24 frames a second with each frame rendered in one minute is a little under three hours alone, plus add time to model it, even following the template and were still looking at a bunch of time and effort making only a 100 bucks when you could be working on much better paying jobs.
>>
>>525695
I work in law enforcement and have kids at home so barely have the time to create content and edit videos as it is, I don't know where I would find the time to learn. I tried using Blender tutorials and used a template to make a trial into but my PC wouldn't render it.
>>
>>525697
just pay an indian to do it, they have cg studious and render farm and work for peanuts

100$ in india is alot of fucking money, just state that you are on a money/time budget make a bid on a website like freelancer. but do not pay first for someone that have no rep
>>
>>525696
Thank you, this was the kind of info I was looking for. When I tried rendering it I gave up after 27 hours. Do people charge for the rendering time as well? For the jobs on fiver and such that charge $25hr would this be like a 5hr job minimum? I can go a bit higher I'm just trying to to get ripped off.
>>
>>525698
or alternatively send them the template and tell them you need a noise-free render for 10$
>>
>>525699
>25$ an hour
holy fuck dude, what a rip-off

https://render.st/plans-pricing/
>>
>>525701
That's why I'm asking man, I don't want to get ripped off
>>
>>525700
Would that mean I just design the template myself than send the file off to be rendered? Any tutorials on how to do just this, maybe send it here >>525701
>>
>>525704
yeah just google "blender render farm", find what plan works for you

if you have any questions they have a support section probably. there is a plugin that lets you sort out all the settings you need too
>>
>>525706
I'll have to check this out as well
>>
>>525684
/k/ doesnt like namefagging either
>>
>>525708
Why would I care that a stranger on a message board that can do nothing to stop me cares about?
>>
Why do fags like you exist? I would've done it for 100$oos, why didn't you put your email or some contact?
>Oh guise, can I get something for 100$.
Just put your contact information, some of us will do it. Not everybody is in the states, 100$ is 1/3rd of an average wage here, so I'd gladly do it as a side project and I'll do it quickly, cuck.
>>
>>525729
Jesus man no need to be so harsh, I actually thought glancing through the threads it would be frowned upon by strait out soliciting here. Hell I'll still take you up on that offer though if you'd like. If anyone is interested hit me up [email protected]
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.