[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that makes people think they could just download some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: r_u_kiddn_me.png (38 KB, 711x1009) Image search: [Google]
r_u_kiddn_me.png
38 KB, 711x1009
What is it that makes people think they could just download some 3D package and get a job in the 3D industry the next day?

What is it that makes them think that you can learn everything involved in creating 3D artwork in literally no time and git gud?

It's way worse than in the drawing/painting field.
>>
because of lynda and cgcookie you can actually do that

>its way worse than drawing/painting field
illustration and graphics design are more saturated
>>
>>520749
So how do you suggest people get into the field if not by teaching themselves? Not everyone has the funds for college
>>
>>520753
I'm more about the expectations they have.
You can get good at a small amount of things in a few weeks but to be really good for a job, you need to learn/train over a couple of months.

It's interesting how many think they can master shit in a week and just say fuck it after a couple of evenings using torrented software.
>>
>>520754
you need at least a year, maybe two
>>
theres a lot of mystery around the field itself. its not as popular as the drawing community and people dont realize that there's talent involved most of the time, not just you knowing how to use the program
>>
>>520755
ive been modellin for around a year. lemme hop on pc to post some recent renders i did
>>
>>520749

What makes anyone think they can do anything professionally by just having the tools of the profession.

Kruger, meet Dunning. Dunning, Kruger.
>>
File: 2good.jpg (205 KB, 1337x807) Image search: [Google]
2good.jpg
205 KB, 1337x807
>>520766
>>
never heard of
>>
>>520799

>modelling

a sculpted sphere with textures stamped onto it.
>>
>>520751
>illustration and graphics design are more saturated
But they're not saturated with 3rd worlders who work for peanuts
>>
>>520907
they are
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.