[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Substance painter 2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: substance painter.jpg (1003 KB, 2560x1351) Image search: [Google]
substance painter.jpg
1003 KB, 2560x1351
The future of texture creation is here. I bet you losers still use Photoshop lel, meanwhile I will be painting height, color rough and metal and emiss in one fucking layer. When I get the Fantasy Knight Moodpack I will create all the Knights. They will refer to me as the Knight guy but you can refer to me as ur wurst Knightmare.
>>
did they fix transformations of layers? Like ctrl+T in photoshop?
>>
>>516494
did they fix the horrible normals workflow
did they fix layer weights not having any effect on any channel except albedo
did they remove the 4k limitation
did they fix textures not updating after you re-import them
>>
>>516494
Wie sollen wir dich nennen?
>>
>>516503

No still just just uv rotation. Tools added are smudge and clone.

>>516505

Still 4k and it still lags like crazy. You still have to paint at 2k and size up.

Haven't tested everything out yet but in all seriousness tho don't buy this if you have the last version. Wait for a few patches as performance is worse, minimal improvements, Iray crashes. I knew something was up when they dropped the price and gave everyone an upgrade deal.
>>
>>516494
>Knightmare.
FEED ME MORE SOUUUULSSS
>>
>>516505
>did they fix the horrible normals workflow
Yes, they have engine specific exports for proper normal space creation.

>did they remove the 4k limitation
Can do 8k now

>did they fix textures not updating after you re-import them
Yes...
>>
>>516521
>Yes, they have engine specific exports for proper normal space creation.
I was referring to normals layering behaving properly instead of having to do workarounds.
>>
>>516521

Where is the 8k support? I don't see it. I'm also getting a fucking low memory error every 5 minutes with 16gig of ram and 4gig of vram.
>>
>>516505
>did they fix layer weights not having any effect on any channel except albedo
This was never a problem, you could always control opacity and blend modes per channel in each layer.
>>
Why did v1 disappear from steam and isn't those videos the exactly same ones the old version had ?
So, how do they justify selling it as the second iteration and not just an update.
>>
File: 5.jpg (74 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
74 KB, 686x582
>>516494
>mfw you don't know the god tier Quixel Suite
>>
Quixel got faster, but its still to slow.
Substance got faster but its still not fast enough on my machine to paint in 4K.
>>516548
>god tier
>quixel
You never heard of Mari before?
>>
>>516543

Based online storefronts. The same way you cant buy max 2012 anymore even tho it just works.

>>516548

I use quixel too. It's very good, but being tied to Photoshop is a nuisance. I am always looking for that killer app.

>>516553

This. If Mari became more game development focused it would make mincemeat out of these programs.
>>
>>516494
I quite like substance myself, but it does have the problems with any new early innovation. It is still quite fantastic nad I've done quite a few models now without having to bake by being able to paint on normals.

I don't see much point on getting substance 2.0 yet. Maybe once I get a 3d job and paid in the near future. Substance is a fantastic suite tho. For most smaller props that I do a lot, 4k doesn't lag on my 970.
>>
>>516553
Mari is good but lacks the +700 scan based realistic textures of Quixel and it initially wasn't focused on games, the PBR was lacking. Plus when you already know photoshop, Quixel makes it easier to have good results.

>>516557
Why? IMO Photoshop is empowering when you already know it for texturing with Quixel.

Can you develop for Mari? It doesn't have the texture database of Substance, even more in comparison to Quixel. I understood that Mari field is big textures (udim, 8k and more) and manual painting.
>>
>>516526
>4gigs of vram

970?
>>
>>516612

Yes. Please don't tell me it's that 3.5 gig thing, if so this card will be the death of me.
>>
>>516619
It's literally that.
>>
Why are diagonal lines so fucking pixelated, even in 4k small details look like shit.
>>
>>516536
>you could always control opacity and blend modes per channel in each layer.
Except you can't. You can control ONE blending mode and opacity that supposedly works for all channels, but magically only affects the albedo.
>>
File: Perfect_Blue_4.png (811 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
Perfect_Blue_4.png
811 KB, 1280x688
>>516621
>>
Are there 8k support yet ?
>>
>>516536
I just found the huge fucking dropdown menu in the layers tab, thanks m8. That solves most of the problems I had with Substance.
>>
File: 1453142479011.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453142479011.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>516494
Are you able to paint on multiple materials yet? It was kind of annoying that you couldn't simply paint over obvious edges.

Also, does normal baking still affect several objects without cages? Like the jacket normalbaking onto the hand even though they are seperate objects?

And why do they call it 2.0, even though they added like only 2 new painting tools like smudging/cloning. Even Gimp has more than that. The amount of stuff they added is nothing more than an update, and they try to sell it like a new version, which is kind of dissapointing.
>>
>>516964
No

Yes if they're under the same material

It's literally a $75 update, it didn't even have it's own launcher until 2.0.3
>>
They appear to be going down the Autodesk route. Yearly releases. The same thing happened with Substance Designer 5.
>>
>>516988
pathetic poorfag
>>
File: poorfag.jpg (173 KB, 768x676) Image search: [Google]
poorfag.jpg
173 KB, 768x676
>>516989

Yer I is so poor faggot.
>>
>>516634
no, you change the dropdown menu... if you watched the tutorials you would know this. actually you can change the opacity and blending mode separately for each layer for each separate channel. its quite versatile
>>
>>517027
>no, you change the dropdown menu...
see >>516819
>>
>>516548
>Download quxel with 8gb of ram.
>Shits causes me to go crazy
>Get 16gb ram
>Still fucked

yeah fuck photoshop addons.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.