[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a practic of likeness work in progress, made in zbrush
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: heda-1.jpg (359 KB, 1934x865) Image search: [Google]
heda-1.jpg
359 KB, 1934x865
this is a practic of likeness work in progress, made in zbrush
>>
File: heda-2.jpg (470 KB, 2834x865) Image search: [Google]
heda-2.jpg
470 KB, 2834x865
another view
>>
can we see a photo of the person its supposed to be?
>>
File: the100302_2789.jpg (104 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
the100302_2789.jpg
104 KB, 1916x1076
>>515451
is lexa from the 100,,, still working on her
>>
>>515454
...you cheated.
>>
>>515455
cheated.._? why?
>>
>>515456
should be obvious to anyone whose been around this block :#
>>
>>515457
this is my second post,,, so I dont get it yet,, please explain,,,only to know what you are talking about
>>
>>515458
I've said too much already. You broke an unwritten rule
>>
>>515459
jajajaja,, chisus,, well ,when I finish her soon I hope,,, maybe you can tell me
>>
Looking good. Don't expect to much from the people here. 4chan is full of assholes.
>>
>>515448
It's looking nice but maybe her jaws are not that wide. Also add thick eyelashes and she will look better
>>
>>515448
Lips look uncanny but for the most part it looks great. Nice white wash too. :^)
>>
>>515456
This guy was trying to be contrary but doesn't actually have the knowledge to criticize you.
>>
File: compare.jpg (232 KB, 1429x772) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
232 KB, 1429x772
I'm a 2D artist not a 3D one, so take this with a grain of salt. But, your picture is off a lot.

It looks vaguely like her, but not really. The problem areas are the nose that is too sharp and narrow, you got a problem with the bone structure of the nose. The lips are wrong in the details look at the bottom lip better.

The worst thing with the sculpt is the cheek area you doing a really bad read of her cheeks I would like to see a reference where she has such a sharp line as I can't find any of them by searching her name.

Its a good sculpt through if you fix her cheeks.
>>
File: tumblr_nlk3x3VzKX1taq6ino1_1280.jpg (207 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlk3x3VzKX1taq6ino1_1280.jpg
207 KB, 1280x706
>>515497

Look at this just a slight change of angle and you can see the cheek area better, there is no sharp line.

The sharp line makes no sense at as skull doesn't work like that. The zygomatic bone wouldn't cause such a sharp line.
>>
thank you for your comments,, really apreciate the critics, so I can focus in the areas taht needs more work,,I just started to sculpt her so there are a lot point to check, thank you
>>
>>515456
He's saying you cheated because you projected a picture of her onto the mesh. When you do that, it hides a lot of your flaws and you're relying on baked lighting information that is part of a photo. A true test of your skill is making a model look like the person without any texturing.

If I take a photo and project it onto a plane, it's still going to look like that person.
>>
Whats the point of practicing likeness if youre just going to slap a photo of her onto your sculpt
>>
>>515851

To add to this. I had two art character art test at naughty dog. They reject me because I did what OP did in the second attempt.

That test was bullshit through. 70 hours I spent on the first test in a week and they wanted another one.
>>
>>515865
Naughty dog makes absolutely bullshit "games" if you can even call them that.
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (19 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
19 KB, 246x200
>>515866
but, to be fair, if you projected textures onto a likeness sculpt you don't deserve to work in the industry / you give us who do work in it a bad name. You need to learn the fundamentals and spend hundreds of hours in 2d getting likenesses down before you even think of applying again.
>>
>>515867
By 2d do you mean drawing?
>>
>>515869
Yes. This is the only way
>>
>>515870
Learning how to draw is not a requirement for 3D animation.
Sure you can learn how to animate through 2D animating, but you can learn it through 3D animation aswell and actually develop an understanding of the programs you're using which you can't do through 2D animation.
>>
>>515873
I'm talking about a character art test in >>515865. No one's talking about your animation and mocap
>>
>>515876
I fail to see how drawing is going to help you model, sculpt, texture, rig, skin, and pose a 3D character.
>>
>>515886
you just fail then
>>
>>515876
You can be a 3D character artist without having 2D application skills. It will just be harder for you to be as good as those who are the very best. It is possible however, practice makes perfect, with 2D and 3D just being platforms into the spectrum of human anatomy instead of being the requirement.
>>
>>515469
>whitewashing
Go back to tumblr
>>
>>515886
Definatly not with the last 3, but very much with the first 3.
You fail to see that because your eyes are untrained, as well as your hands and brain.
>>
>>516008
It's ironic retard.
>>
>>515870
Wrong. While practicing in 2D helps your skill progress faster, 3D and 2D skillsets are mostly interchangeable. In fact, I would say practicing in 3D improves your 2D skills a hell of a lot faster than practicing in 2D improves your 3D skills. 3D allows you to more rapidly create forms that can be seen from any angle, flaws in your forms are much more readily apparent and thus easier to spot what you need to research and work on.

Drawing and Sculpting both rely on your ability to recreate proper forms in your mind and apply them to the medium, practicing either contributes to that ability.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.