[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi guys, what tools do you use to create a movie file from a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: o0800059913332718310.jpg (355 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
o0800059913332718310.jpg
355 KB, 800x599
hi guys, what tools do you use to create a movie file from a rendered image sequence? What do the "pros" use?
>>
In our pipeline we use Nuke to render image sequences, but I'm pretty sure all compositing software can do the job. If you're using Maya then you can use fcheck to view.
>>
>>515309
im using maya and renderman. i end up with 1000 images in one folder and want to create a 40 sec 25 fps movie. years ago, when i tried to render a movie i would simply add the files to quicktime pro and create my movie. I thought that maybe there is a typical way of creating an uncompressed movie from this out of maya or renderman.
>>
>>515310
usually u render it as png sequence and import it into a compositing software like After effects or nuke. u should render out different passes so you can individually work on them.
you just choose all your rendered png images and import it as png sequence. the software will create a clip.
>>
I'm no pro but you can use ffmpeg for this if you don't mind using terminals. It's available for windows. Put all images in folder, open a command prompt in the folder (or write it in a text file and save as 'whatevername.bat' in windows):

ffmpeg -f image2 -r 25 -t 00:00:40 -pattern_type glob -i "*.png" -c:v ayuv output.avi

-r 25 is the video framerate
-t 00:00:40 will cut the vieo to 40 seconds (hh:mm:ss)
you can replace '.png' with jpg, bmp, etc. depending on your image files
you can experiment with codecs, replacing 'ayuv' with whatever from here: http://superuser.com/questions/347433
>>
>>515313
Png? Not exr?
>>
I just use virtualdub. Place all images in a folder with nothing else in it. File > Open Video. Select the first image of the sequence
>>
>>515310
you could use virtualdub. pretty good program for importing sequences into uncompressed avi files.
>>
NukeX all the way. Best for multipass workflow and I like that I can render aple pro ress 422 mov files on Win machine.
Love options on flicker removal
http://www.nukepedia.com/gizmos/time/deflicker-with-velocity-pass
Great motion blur/retiming with kronos.
And those are only small things that can save time on rendering.

Sometimes premiere, after effects, but only if I have a reason for that (like - small sequence of letters on video and etc)
>>
>>515306
Handbrake, VidCoder, VirtualDub are the free tools that get the job done.
The "pros" usually use a proper NLE or like this >>515737 Anon, you can use a compositing tool like Nuke or Fusion.
But if you only want to render image sequences it might be a littlebit overkill.
On the other hand if you are a 3D artist and you have no composite and editing tool, maybe you should change that.
You can get Non-Commercial versions of the best industry tools.
>>
>>515791
If it's about money, not what pros use, then I advise to look into this open source operating sysytem dedicated for cgi
http://www.iroos.net/tour.html

They have multiple video editing programs. And even Nuka wannabe - Natron
Don't have to use limited/non-commercial
>>
>>515306
exr sequence, composite in nuke
>>
Eyeon Fusion, company has been bought out by blackmagic? or something like that
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.