[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a decent auto-rig thing for facial rigging in Maya ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: jaw_drop_skel[1].gif (855 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jaw_drop_skel[1].gif
855 KB, 600x338
Is there a decent auto-rig thing for facial rigging in Maya ?
>>
>>513744

On that note instead of making a new thread for a similar question:

Is there something like what he/she is asking but for Blender? Or perhaps examples how to do motion capture for facial expressions...
>>
>>513756
mate, this is dead easy. You create a series of blendshapes which cover diferent areas of the face. Then, you have a motion capture rig with dots for markers on the face. The movement of the dots drive the blendshapes
>>
>>513759
>dead simple
>vague explanation of the idea behind the rig

Does the movement of the dots just magically drive the blend shapes?
>>
>>513777
Probably one of those idea type guys who gravely underestimate just how difficult implementation really is.
>>
>>513778
no, you just need to stop being a rank noob
>>
>>513780
>totally idea guy.
>>
>>513781
>cant articulate why someone is the idea guy besides "grave underestimation"
you're the idea guy
>>
soooo is there a nice facial autorig script or plugin for Maya around ?
>>
>>513744
If it's for animation, you're better off with animating it by hand, it will look better, you won't have to fix it and it's less time overall. For pumping out massive quantities of facecap, well it's even harder. You can try faceshift, it will be the easiest approach, or tracking with blender, but then converting a tracking rig to blendshapes is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>513780
Unless you can even remotely begin to explain how "The movement of the dots drive the blendshapes", i'm going to assume you're talking out your ass, because that explains exactly nothing.
>>
>>513800
I tried to use bones but painting skin weights and dealing with their normalization which goes crazy after you painted half the bones is literally a dead end nightmare. I never used blendshapes but don't you need bones for that ?
>>
You should check out The Face Machine by Anzovin. It's a bone based face rig.

http://www.anzovin.com/tfm
>>
File: 1310581525531[1].jpg (10 KB, 319x316) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531[1].jpg
10 KB, 319x316
>>513810
> $200
>>
>>513805
you can cover the whole face with blendshapes but typically you'd mix them with a one based rig.
As it's apparently your first time rigging a face go simple though, you want to experiment and have a first idea of how it's done.
If it looks difficult it's because it is
>>
>>513811
Get a job you hobo!
>>
File: facial_rig.jpg (382 KB, 560x682) Image search: [Google]
facial_rig.jpg
382 KB, 560x682
>>513744
>>513805
Unfortunatly, thats just the way its done. Place the joints, and do your best to skin them.
>>
>>513802
he probably means using driven keys to control blendshapes
>>
>>513816
i have a job. not enough to make me pay 200 dosh for a little script.
>>
>>513822
It's not a little script. And it sounds like you never heard of a concept of saving money a little at a time and then buying. I know there is a couple more scripts that can rig characters but I can't think of them off hand. There is alternative ways of getting the face machine though but I won't talk about that here.
>>
>>513823
well I'm sure there are cheaper or freeware scripts and plugins out there which pretty much do the same job so I don't have to waste my money on hilariously overpriced shit. Also I did pirate FM just didn't got around using it.
>>
>>513744
Kek, it's funny seeing a gif of one of the rigs you worked on.
>>
What about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gaXQzBGVkI

The link is from an old version of it,
>>
>>513941
shit son. thats actually the kinda thing I was looking for. that looks quite useful
thx :^)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.