[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /3/, I have a file conversion question and I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: UnityLogo.png (7 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
UnityLogo.png
7 KB, 580x388
Hey /3/, I have a file conversion question and I'm not sure where else to go. This is going to be kind of long, just a heads up.

I don't work much with 3dcg so bear with me. I'm trying to create a 3d game in unity, and my ultimate goal is to import a model from Techarts3d Custom Girl into Unity.

Unity supports the import of .obj, .fbx, .max and .blend as detailed here:
http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/3D-formats.html

3D Custom Girl (3DCG) saves it's models as .tso files. In the mod catalof for 3DCG I've fiund scripts that supposedly allow .tso imports to Blender. I've tried adding them through User Preferences/Addons/Import fFrom File in Blender, I select them and choose import from file but nothing happens. I've tried placing them directly in the scripts folder but I can't seem to find the C://Program Files/Blender Foundation or C://Program Files x86/Blender Foundation that I keep reading about in guides. I don't know enough about Blender to tell if what I'm doing is correct or not, and hoping someone could help.

The other path is going from 3DCG to MikuMikuDance (MMD) which seems to have broader US community support and so can probably be moved to Blender or another format that can be imported to Unity. MMD saves it's models as .pmd files.

Are either of these paths worth pursuing? Can you recommend anything else? Thanks!

tl;dr Trying to get models from 3D Custom Girl to Unity, need help.

Picture sort of related.
>>
>>507665
try stack overflow.
>>
>>507665
Get a hold of max or maya Op and then figure out how to get your mesh into one of those. They have scores of import/export formats and plug-ins.

Once you have all of your weeb bullshit inside max or maya you can export it into unity from those and do whatever it is you feel you must do.
>>
>>507665
Hongfire forums. The guys there mod the game to add new dresses and animations. Some guys know the model format and most likely the utility used to modify the models is open source. I would try there.
>>
>>507665
>>509472
Start here probably:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/85581-Mod-Release-Discussion-Thread-TechArts3D-Custom-Girl-TDCG?p=1562855#post1562855
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.