[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /3/ I am really trying to figure out a good workflow for very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hi /3/ I am really trying to figure out a good workflow for very high poly zbrush models and rendering out small animations through maya/3ds max whichever works better. I've noticed so far after following tutorials I mostly just get errors trying to texture in zbrush and export the uv maps / texture maps. so from what i remember, you need to just export the zbrush model zremeshed low poly to maya along with the high poly texture and other info from zbrush. where do you do the uv mapping and at what point?

Also if you are using zremesher for human body / face, at what point do you use z remesher on the model and how do you export the texture from the high poly model in zbrush to maya
>>
>>504983
1. You user ZRemesher after you know you're done making any major/medium form changes (like, after you're done getting your ear folds in, do this on a separate subtool though).

2. You can export textured maps fine from ZBrush... just make sure you increase the UV Map Border size in your UV Map settings before you do "Texture from Polypaint". And use UVMaster to unfold the ZRemeshed model before doing your reprojections.
>>
>>504983

Her knees look fucked
>>
does this guy sculpt then pose?
>>
>>505293
You can pose and still sculpt in ZBrush if you've already moved onto the zRemesh phase or were working from a basemesh. You just turn on Poseable Symmetry, and it mirrors your brush based on topology.
>>
if you're intending on animating you'd really want to export the model into max and retopologize. Zbrush does a fairly good job but a computer doesn't know what's best for deformations. After that, reimport the the model to zbrush and reproject the detail on it.
>>
>>505295
Manual retopo with the Topology brush is pretty decent too, definitely better than 3DS Max retopo.
>>
how do you split a model in half and close off the two new models with new polygons

i tried to split them using polygroups/masking but i think i fucked up
>>
>>505412
doonamoosh brooo
>>
>>505412

Dont know if i understood it, but if you want new polygroups in the same model, just mask the area you want and press Ctrl + W
>>
>>505415
hmm i meant how do i cut a cube in half so i have two rectangles as a result
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.