[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts/critiques?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: hehe.png (171 KB, 1633x867) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
171 KB, 1633x867
thoughts/critiques?
>>
File: hehehe.png (160 KB, 1599x876) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.png
160 KB, 1599x876
Obviously not finished, just want to know how I'm doing so far.
>>
thats fine

please consider using normal maps for wheel detail instead modeling it directly
>>
80's synth drive by/10
>>
It's Bikeish
>>
Yooo emile!
>>
>>501948
Of course I will, tho I'm not very accustomed to normal maps yet. We've been taught to use Mudbox and apply the hd mesh onto the base mesh as a normal map.
>>
>>501984
Yooo anon!
>>
>>501944

Too chunky/10

At least for my tastes - almost like something you would see a cop driving down the street before toppling over from all the donuts.

Other than personal tastes - it looks good
>>
>>501987
you can also use crazybump to generate them via texture
>>
>>502010
If that software works as it advertises, that's pretty awesome.
>>
what 3d cad software did you use?
>>
>>502159
There are plenty of softwares like it, it's nothing special. Crazybump hasn't been updated in ages. There are better alternatives now, like Substance Designer, B2M, Knald and PixPlant. There are a couple free ones I think too.
>>
>>502193

Awesomebump can do pretty much everything Crazybump can and even more(pbr maps) and its FREE.

I mean both crazy and awesome bump are limited, they wont magically give you ready finished good textures, far from it, but they are definitely usefull in some cases.
>>
>>502189
Maya 2015.
>>
File: moto6.png (785 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
moto6.png
785 KB, 1920x1080
Aight, bit late to reply, but thanks for the input guys.

I've started my textures and normals, how am I doing?
>>
>>502977
I used crazybump for the tires >>502010
>>
>>502977
>square tube front forks
did you even look at motorcycles, do you understand anything?
>>
>>502981
Hey, don't be a bitch just because the guy built himself a sweet ride. If your main grievance regarding the mechanical merit of this piece is that it would be a sound design if only it had round damper tubes I must call your own understanding of bikes into question.
>>
>>502977
uhh its good but i don't dig the paintjob
maybe its because its viewport rendering
>>
>>502986
Npoe, it's mental ray.

How could I improve the paintjob?
>>
>>502989
just personal taste really, technically there is nothing wrong with it

maybe you can use vray with more advanced lightning setup. i don't really use those renders
>>
>>502990
Uh, never heard of vray before, I'll look into it. Thanks!
>>
>>502994
Don't listen to >>502990
He simply isn't aware of mentalray's capabilities... Mentalray has all the features of Vray and more. It's one of the oldest and longest developed ray-tracers around. You're just not using a proper lighting setup, this is an issue regardless of the renderer, wouldn't change just by using Vray.

You need to turn on Final Gathering in the rendering settings. You need to use Area Lights. And perhaps even create Image Based Lighting using the button in the render settings (you'll plug a downloaded HDRi image into it, get a nice outdoor one.).

There's a lot more than that involved with getting a great lighting setup and tweaking rendering settings... but that is the bare essentials to get something halfway decent in a biased renderer.
>>
>>503003
Oh, don't worry, I know how to set up a proper lighting setup, I was just lazy for this render. I haven't even finished the texturing yet.

I'll show you the final product, if you want!
>>
looks fine for a nintendo 64 game f.am
>>
>>503014
oh honey
>>
File: moto9.png (1002 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
moto9.png
1002 KB, 1920x1080
I replaced the original shaders with mental ray's car paint shader.

Also added a bit more details.
>>
File: moto9_FG.png (281 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
moto9_FG.png
281 KB, 960x540
>>503003
Here is the same image, with Final gathering on. Not very interesting yet, I'll go grab an IBL once I'm done with texturing.
>>
>>503653
Make sure you attach a lens shader to your camera if you're using mentalray. the mia_photographic is best (you'll need to pump up the first value on it to like 10000 or something to adjust for the lighting correction)
>>
>>503645
the wheels are too detailed AKA the bike is too lowly detailed
>>
>>503653
It doesn't look like car paint, needs more sense of clearcoat / shine
>>
>>503645
Hey OP I like this better than the final gather. Looks good keep going but change up some of the materials. the starry part needs more reflectivity, or maybe its not looking right cos theres nothing to reflect > in which case use an IBL lighting maybe
>>
File: test.png (556 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
test.png
556 KB, 960x540
Here it is, fully lighted, final gathering, IBL, etc.

May work a lil bit more on the textures depending on what you guys suggest me.
>>
Also, you guys have any better color for the seat/lights?
>>
Probably too late to have any impact, but the thing looks way too front heavy.

The rear wheel should be further back to balance it out.
Or have 2 rear wheels and make a trike.
>>
>>503655
This. Your image is blown out now that FG is on, so you need to use a physically accurate lens correction to adjust for the linear-space lighting.
>>
>>505047
please turn on linear sRGB and add a photometric lense to your camera lens shader. set the first peramater in the lens to 10,000 and it will look better
>>
Are you using a material with realistic reflections? Try out a layered material with a glossy reflection as the base coat and a specular reflection for the clear coat. For the clear coat you also want the grazing edge to be more reflective than the straight on reflection.
>>
File: final.jpg (31 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
31 KB, 960x540
Final product. Ain't as good as it could be but I was on a deadline.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.