[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wilhelm Reich X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10
Well, /his gave me the idea, so let's hear x as well 'bout this man, info:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich
>>
File: accumulator-with-ralph-565x498.jpg (70 KB, 565x498) Image search: [Google]
accumulator-with-ralph-565x498.jpg
70 KB, 565x498
>>17699961
His original orgone generator was based on meditation techniques and a sensory deprivation chamber.
>>
>>17700782
After reading a lot of his early work, I can say without a problem that he was the most gifted of the early psychoanalists.

After his departure of germany, developed the orgone theory that's basically, Prana theory.

But he take it one step forward and built Prana accumulators, and Prana manipulators.
>>
File: acc1.png (433 KB, 780x521) Image search: [Google]
acc1.png
433 KB, 780x521
>>17700838
The theory behind this is fascinating.

What he did was compress the act of sexual therapy, in the box, by using the word Orgone, reffering to orgasm energy.

The person sit in the box, and asked, everybody asked what it was, and then he give them his Orgone explanation.

It was a continuation on his work on libido energy, he realized that you could speak about sex without do it.

By making this association he could bypass the taboo that existed in the time, we still do this in alternative therapies.

He sit this womas in there some times with their jeaolus husband in there, and made sexual therapy without nobody noticing.

It was beautiful.

He knew that straight therapy like Freud did, wasn't as effective as the indirect method.

His later work goes to that places that we all go sometime here in /x/, like Tesla he suffered mad scientist disease.

The most artistic of diseases.

Watched UFOs and attempted to control the weather.
>>
Orgone energy isn't real.
>inb4 shill
>>
File: 1477092.jpg (70 KB, 695x390) Image search: [Google]
1477092.jpg
70 KB, 695x390
>>17700981
>>17700782
The sensory depravation chamber obviously work, we all know that.

It just doesn't work as he think it did.

>>17700838
This smaller chamber is just ridiculous.

The theory behind it isn't.

He was worried about the effects of radiation in the body.

So recommended people to expend time in this isolated chambers, while describing something called Orgone energy.

That's just word magik for the orgasm.

He made all that shit up to hide that he was talking about sex with the womans, in the time it was taboo to talk about it, he make them think about it when they entered the chamber, and make them spend some time in it doing something while thinking of orgasms, it was beautiful.

The secret of the popularity of early psychoanalisis is that permited to talk about sex, just by listen to people complain about their sex lifes psychoanalisis developed a succesful threapy for hysteria, and Reich compressed the act of therapy in a box with a pseudoscientific explanation.
>>
>>17700981
Sounds like a creep who came up a bizarre excuse to be a perv with women and manipulate them into sex. This guy is a pioneer of sexual predators.
>>
>>17701025
Not just women, kids as well.

He was also flogging his sex boxes as a bogus cancer cure and was busted twice by the feds.
>>
I've been thinking of making an orgone blanket for shits and giggles, anybody have any actual experience with orgone?
>>
So uh.... Why are we talking about this?
>>
File: 2586_artwork_detail.jpg (210 KB, 433x730) Image search: [Google]
2586_artwork_detail.jpg
210 KB, 433x730
>>17701697
He was the original inventor of the weather machine precursor of HAARP.

And the reason the feds busted him.

>>17701025
He was kind of pervy but all early sexual research were, nothing more extreme than the average 4chaner.

At the time the true implications of a change in sexual mentality were impossible to understand, so Reich believed in a paranormal element of it, taking into consideration how strong the sexual revolution became, and how much it changed the balance of power in human relantionships, I think he wasn't worng.

Like Huxley he saw pleasure as the ultimate energy, something that could drive the will of the individuals and shape society.

A lot of the ideas for a dystopian future came from his studies.

And nobody is sure that he wasn't capable of controlling the weather, his machine is surrounded with mistery.
>>
THE MURDER OF CHRIST

THE GENITAL EMBRACE
>>
>>17702052
Nah man it wasn't about "pleasure" in a hedonistic sense but rather naturally and healthfully expressing human sexual energy. His main idea as far as I can see was that suppressing and frustrating "orgone" was the cause of all neurosis and sickness
>>
File: reichbundle.jpg (428 KB, 895x440) Image search: [Google]
reichbundle.jpg
428 KB, 895x440
>>17700838
>>17700981
It was W.S Burroughs that got me into Reich. I've read The Cancer Biopoathy, The Mass Psychology of Facism and a Selected Writings book...dude was really interesting. You outlined his theories and practice really well...I remember a line from Burroughs biography where Ted Morgan (the writer) is talking about Reich and says something like: "he is the only important thinker of the 20th century to have his work repudiated by the three intellectual colossus of his age--Marx, Einstein and Freud (the latter two directly, the first indirectly through his severed ties to communism)". I know Einstein put the effects of the orgone box down to fluctuations in temperature inside and outside the box, didn't he? And basically said "it has no practical scientific value whatsoever" in not so many words.

Also, I'm a /co/mrade and there's a great biographical comic just called Reich by the artist Elijah Brubaker from Sparkplug Books, worth hunting down if you read comics. Also a shorter piece about his entanglement with the FBI and subsequent imprisonment in the Hotwire anthology (no.3, I think?) by Glenn Head.
>>
>>17702428
Did /co/ kill thread ?!?!
C'mon we need more Reich goodness!
>>
>>17703908
It's a very unknown subject, or rather an actually black listed scientist.

The Einstein affair is kind of funny, and the problems with Freud run very deep.

Basically he was part of the first wave of psychonalisis but focused in mass psychology and sexual tendencies even more than Freud, he believed in touching the patients, and that turned to be extremely practical but also extremely controversial.

The cloudbuster turned out to be extremely intresting, here is one quote from a cloudbuster fan page

The Official U.S. Government position on “Orgone Energy” is that it doesn’t exist.
Yet, that didn’t stop the U.S. Government from passing laws against it, Burning all of Wilhelm Reich’s books and Destroying all his equipment and locking him up in Prison, (where he died), for something they say “Doesn’t Exist”.
>>
>>17704119
Yeah man I know all this, sorry if that sounds cuntish! Do you have any more info about his contact with Einstein? I kno about the schism with Freud and that...not seen much on Einstein (maybe there just isn't that much there because their communication was just one or two letters?).
>>
File: Cloudbuster.jpg (92 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
Cloudbuster.jpg
92 KB, 1200x854
>>17704190
http://www.encyclopedianomadica.org/English/reich_einstein_experiment.php#References_to_the_Experiment_and

As much info as I can get you.

Apparently Einstein confirmed the difference in temperature then backed from the experiment.

Sex, communism, ufos and the MIB.

He truly lived the /x/.
>>
>>17704119

Because he continued to make bogus medical claims about his devices even after the government told him to stop, dipshit. He was no different than Kevin Trudeau.
>>
File: reich profile 2.jpg (255 KB, 1020x937) Image search: [Google]
reich profile 2.jpg
255 KB, 1020x937
>>17704259
How can be the goverment business, what claims you make on your discoveries?

How can you end in jail, if he didn't administered anything to anyone?

Remember that orgone energy doesn't exist, phonies and charlatans are very common, the feds don't waste their time on them.

It makes more sense that he was a victim of the red hunting, he was a commie after all, but he didn't do any commie stuff after coming to america.

All the hate and persecution is just weird.
>>
>>17701697
Rationalist materialist atheist shill here, and even I know that Reich, orgone and orgonite are quintissential /x/ material even if I consider them pseudoscience.

Personally I think he was sincere but misguided, not a deliberate quack. The way the feds harassed him was reprehensible and literally burning all his books (including valid psychiatrc and political treatises, not just the orgone box sales pamphlets that the FDA was worked up about) was completely unforgiveable.

Crash course here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllRW9wETzw
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.