[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sleeping nightmare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
I had sleep paralysis 2-3 times in my life where I saw some people dressed in white clothes/ they were white light, tall men, an old lady. I read a lot about it on internet and sometimes when I sleep (mainly when I am alone) I take precautions like not sleeping on the back. Yesterday I was alone in my one room flat and had an exam today so my mind was preoccupied.
I went to bed at around 11. I think it happened after half an hour( though I didn't checked the time) , my body started vibrating ( I wont say shaking). First thing that came in my mind was that it was sleep paralysis. So I started praying( I know it is scientific, but I still do pray for strength and confidence), simultaneously I was thinking that it is not sleep paralysis. I also started hearing static sound(like a radio receiving no signal) . I was getting more confused what is happening to me, was it a nightmare or some new phenomena. Somehow I managed to pull myself out. I went in again after 2-5 seconds. I can still feel how my body went into vibration mode. I again managed to pull out of it. My body again tried going into that mode again but somehow I managed to stop it all the time. I think this went for 1-2 minute. I had problem sleeping after that. When I searched it on the net it all pointed to OBE. I knew about it but didn't heard anything about this. Does anyone know any scientific reason to this? Today I'll try not to sleep tonight.
>>
File: Z0kjZ.gif (589 KB, 500x244) Image search: [Google]
Z0kjZ.gif
589 KB, 500x244
i always sleep on my back. never had a single problem or a nightmare of any kind ever.

nice wallpaper. i saved it. thanks.
>>
>>17676788
similar experience here. I get sleep paralysis fairly frequently, as I seem to have a wild clusterfuck of sleeping disorders (insomnia, narcolepsy, vivid dreams, night terrors, paralysis) and it has gotten to the stage where I now have dream-like hallucinations while I am conscious on my bed. They are all terrifiyingly eerie. When I slept in my bed upstairs, I would hallucinate that there was a girl with a zombie face standing beside me bed, staring into me. I would look over at the wall to my right and see words written in blood. I would try and get up and run away and in my dreams I would struggle out of bed and make it to the door and then reset at my bed. This process would perpetuate until I woke up, drenched in sweat, panicking. I normally do not sleep after this.

I have had ones recently where I am sleeping in my bed and I hallucinate that I am downstairs and a killer has broken through the window and is coming for me. It feels like I am truly and physically walking up the stairs, when really I am asleep in bed upstairs. It is surreal.

I had a very terrifying instance the other night. I was sleeping with my girlfriend and I kept having visions of her with a distortred, fucked up exorcist-esque body and a piercing gaze, speaking to me eerily. I try to get up, I know I am awake, but I cannot. I am completely frozen. It feels so very real, as if I am completely conscious and what is happening is real life. I also hallucinated my mother who had died a week and a half ago before my eyes on the floor beside me. She is covered in vomit and seizing, as she was when I watched her die. I try so hard to go to her and save her, as I believe it is completely real. But I cannot, for the life of my mother, move a muscle.

I wake up from these terrors horrified and disturbed. It is a contributing factor to my lack of sleep and I feel as if it psychologically deters me.

I am not schizophrenic. I have never hallucinated before outside of psychedelic usage.
>>
File: 25171751.jpg (58 KB, 1024x282) Image search: [Google]
25171751.jpg
58 KB, 1024x282
>>17677956
you're older than my mom. get off this board.
>>
>>17677980
think you did your math wrong friendo
>>
So yesterday I played TT for 2 hours and my legs were really tired . I slept with my brother.I went to sleep as soon as I laid down. So that vibrating thingy happened again with no static this time( may be beacause the fan in that room was very noisy). I opened my eyes and saw a baby dementor like thing. I would have crapped my pants if I was alone.. It stopped again, but I think now I can switch to that mode whenever I want to. I switches to see what it really was, I saw my brother's hand at its position( he was sleeping on his side with his hand bent at elbow and resting on his chest). Then I fell to sleep thinking what it really was. Did I imagined my brother's hand into that thing? Don't know.
>>
>>17678040
His mom is 14. A rough fourteen but fourteen none the less.
>>
This has happened to me at least twice. I vividly remember the first time being in 2004 when I was stationed on the island of Okinawa. I laid down on my rack after work, it was still fairly early and ended up dozing off. I had some wild dreams about being chased and when I opened my eyes there was a black mass sitting on my chest pinning me to the bed. It was the afternoon and everything was clearly lit. I was laying on my back and my head looking to my left. I could make out the black mass from my peripheral vision. I could see everything in the room. I couldn't move. I passed back out to having more wild dreams. Apparently in the dream I was able to get up and when I went into the hallway everything was messed up. Walls peeling, lights flickering, etc. When I snapped back to reality I was still pinned and eventually mustered up the strength to jump up.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.