[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, I just had something creepy happen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I just had a dream where I noticed that it was completely dark outside, even though it was 10 AM. I looked outside and saw nothing. Then it quickly changed to daylight, and then back to darkness again. I went to the window again, and I saw what looked like a white, disc-shaped shockwave burst out from a point in the sky and scatter several small white discs near that point. Oddly enough, a description of the discs appeared near them, like a tooltip in a video game, but I don't remember what the description said. My thought in the dream was that the sun had just gone supernova. Then I woke up.

I only think this is weird for two reasons. The first is that right before I fell asleep, I tried this thing I heard about where you ask your higher self and guides in the spirit world to give you a dream that will give you some guidance in your life. The second reason is that I woke up right before my alarm was set to go off, meaning the dream was perfectly timed.

I don't know anything about astronomy, so I don't know if the events of the dream are how things would really happen if the sun did explode. I'm also wondering if maybe the dream was the guidance I asked for, but it was meant as a metaphor. In that case, I'm not sure how to interpret it.
>>
>>17649629
Dream thread is here. >>17625608
>>
The Sun won't supernova, it'll just slowly expand into a red giant, eventually engulfing the earth. But that's billions of years from now.
>>
Unhelpful, but I kind of appreciate that surreality of dreams, with that "tooltip" part and that event having no consequence in regards to your situation

>>17649629
I'm guessing the way that basically looked is that the horizon was separate from the earth?
doubting those words actually said anything, but I guess the words would've basically been half in your peripheral vision and the only sensation you got of those words was some sort of soft half murmur?

>>17649638
to make a cool sci-fi plot, maybe it was "injected" with some kind of energy (that is, became more active, not that hippy wippy spiritualist shit)?
>>
>>17649637
Thanks for that. Maybe I can get some good feedback there.
>>
>>17649665
>I'm guessing the way that basically looked is that the horizon was separate from the earth?

The overall look of things wasn't any different from a normal day. The only unusual things were the darkness in the morning and the white shockwave.

>doubting those words actually said anything, but I guess the words would've basically been half in your peripheral vision and the only sensation you got of those words was some sort of soft half murmur?

No, I definitely remember that they were actual words, and I remember reading them. I just don't remember what the words actually were.
>>
>>17649665
It's theoretically possible that adding incredibly high amounts of mass to the Sun could cause its core to become unstable and supernova. You would basically have to merge another star with the Sun to add this amount of mass though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.