[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /X/, my great great grandfather was a slave owner. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (994 KB, 1774x1774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
994 KB, 1774x1774
Help me /X/, my great great grandfather was a slave owner. He had a storage unit that we never looked in. Last week we emptied it and I found this chest. It was hand made (likely by his slaves) and ever since I got it strange things have been happening to me. I have had strange dreams of me amongst several slaves picking grapes while getting yelled at. What is happening?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1774x1774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1774x1774
Pic on inside of box
>>
>>17645765
>this chest. It was hand made (likely by his slaves)

Right, slaves that are so skilled they HAND make streamer trunks with embossed exteriors and ornamental metal doodads -featuring females in 1800s dress and Oriental Characters on an outdoors picture. The whole thing looks very CA Gold Rush era or replica of that era. Not a time of slavery, but hey, OP saw a film about slaves once, so you know.
>>
>>17645788
Echoing this anon. Slaves were unskilled labor, the equivalent of today's minimum wage entry level skill wise. They did repetitive menial work, like picking crops, cleaning, cooking, and basic repair work. Occasionally in the 'better' households you'd have some who would care for children or were taught to do simple dressmaking, hairstyling/barbering, maybe simple furniture making, but honestly those positions were usually given to lower-class whites instead. Fine furniture making and cabinetry, like your chest, would have been really rare and by that point in history you could actually order such things via a mail order catalog or through a traveling salesman or even just go into a store if you lived near a nice city.

Also
>picking grapes
Did you live in an area with wineries? If not that's a really unlikely situation.

This is probably just the subconscious effect of you knowing that he owned slaves and feeling apprehensive about having a trunk in your house that you think was made by the blood o said slaves.
>>
>>17645788
>>17645949
This. There's very little wine production in the South.
>>
>>17645765
Like the earlier Anon's if a slave did that he would have been worth approximately 20,000 dollars in that time, by today's currency that is worth around a million dollars today. I highly doubt you family is that rich. And most slaves would have never been anywhere near a grape tree. Most wineries are in the western America because that is where grapes grow in North America. These states would be one the west coast in states like California. Which during the time in which slavery was practiced in America was controlled by Mexico. And Mexicans did not have many slaves
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.