[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any memories that they "shouldn't"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
Does anyone have any memories that they "shouldn't" have?

I have memories of my dad taking my older sister to the hospital where my mom was BEFORE I was born. ( I saw everything from my sister's perspective.) The distinctive part of it is that they (we) went on a bridge over railroad tracks and that there was a train passing. I asked my older sister if she saw a train while on her way to see me when I was born and she said yes.

Another memory I have is when my older sister and the rest of my family was visiting some shop that had porcelain figurines of the Peanuts characters.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17645903

Yes.

I learned to speak very early because of my IQ. I was reading Biology books by the age of 2 years.

Shortly after I learned to speak, my mother said I came to her and told her that I once was named "L. J. Shotgun", and I carried a looooong rifle, and I was married to a "sweet young thing", and we had a bunch of children.

Another time she said I told her I was in God's army, and we were fighting in the desert. We were using swords and shields and we were outnumbered and expected to die. She said I told her that we used the sun's reflection in our shileds to blind the enemy so our smaller force could beat the larger force, and we won the battle.

I have no memory of any of this now, nor of saying any of those things. But she and my aunt both swear I did, and it actually scared them because of how specific it was, and how adult the themes were. I was definitely younger than five years.
>>
I somehow remember being in a baby buggy, so I was probably about 0-1 year at that time. My parents, grandparents and other family members where there as well and they all seemed very busy with something, but I don't know what.
>>
File: 1367106937.png (518 KB, 917x1048) Image search: [Google]
1367106937.png
518 KB, 917x1048
Interesting.

Go on.
>>
>>17645935
The saddest thing is you actually believe this.
>>
>>17645976
>The saddest thing is you actually believe this.

Where did I write that?

I said that's what I was told, and I have no memory of it.

The saddest thing of all is how hastily you jump to attack and attempt to discredit anything that doesn't already fit your narrow worldview. The lack of appeal to rationality and quality debate signals massive insecurity in your own position(s). Ask yourself who, exactly, are you trying to convince? And why are you so passionate about that? Could it be that you secretly fear these things might be true, and that threatens your inaccurate self-perception of comprehensive intelligence?

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare
>>
>>17645965
I'm referring to memories that I have from before I was born That I really shouldn't have.

One I forgot to put in the post was when my older sister (I saw everything from her perspective) was with my mom's side of the family for Christmas and I *Felt her emotions* when she got a sweater that she already had.

This was caught on tape and I have it, I just have to find it.
>>
>>17646013
You brag about your IQ on an anonymous message board and expect to be taken seriously. That was your first mistake.
>>
>>17646013
He meant the fact you do not understand your mother is telling a few white lies to her extra special son, your IQ might be one of those white lies too.
>>
>>17646026
This famalam. The second you mention "Muh IQ" people are gonna call you out.

>Calling people out on their supposed lack of intelligence and "narrow" world view
You must be so progressive, Mr. Fedoraman
>>
I know the pics unrelated but thats nice pic
>>
>>17645935
Oh you special little thing. Of course you did.
>>
>>17645935
>Bragging about your IQ on a Taiwanese bodybuilding board
Stop. You could have just shared your experience like OP asked you pretentious butthole
>>
The way child's memory works is that when you were litle you could hear some story and combined with the wild imagination and your brain still developing you somehow kept it as your memory.

Really childhood memory is fucked up. Majority of my childhood memories are in third person and i am not even sure good part of them is real.
>>
>>17646026
>You brag about your IQ on an anonymous message board and expect to be taken seriously. That was your first mistake.
Are you really that insecure?
>>
>>17646045
>This famalam. The second you mention "Muh IQ" people are gonna call you out.
That's of no concern to me. I don't exist to please others. I stated a fact, and some people simply are unable to see past that and address the point. That's their choice.

if someone says "I bench 350 and I need to know the name of a good elbow support to keep from hurting my arm", I'm secure enough to recommend a good elbow support, even though I may not bench 350, because I'm secure in who I am and I want to help a friend.

You can't feel powerful by attempting to make others look weak. It only signals insecurity. That's my point.
>>
I have some memories that are all wrong. I remember when i was about 8-10 years old and playing with my friends. We were playing hide and seek and the usual stuff. I clearly remember that i was with my friend Matt most of the time. But when i asked from Matt if he still remembers those golden times, he said he never did those things with me. He says i was playing with John .
>>
File: Jay_the_jet.jpg (28 KB, 512x345) Image search: [Google]
Jay_the_jet.jpg
28 KB, 512x345
>>17645903
i have a memory of watching jj the jet plane actually taking off from an airport when i was three
>>
>>17645903
I was once natural scientist and combat medic
>>
how much of memories (apart from the concrete bits that you remember accurately) do you guys think are accurate?

For example, I went to a particular place recently for the second time, and before entering I tried to recall what it was like the first time I was there 3 years previously, and I tried to analyse the memory to see how accurate it would be. All I could remember concretely was the there was a desk against a wall on the right. I had an image in my head, but I was aware that all the other details of the room apart from that could just be constructed memories because I was not so sure of them. Had someone told me (or "reminded" me) of a particular item on the desk, say, then I could have inserted it into the memory and it would not have conflicted with the rest of the overall image.

When I went into the room I realised a lot of the details that were in my memory-image were correct more or less. The lighting, the shape of the room, the distance from the door to the desk, the chairs either side of the desk, etc.

>TLDR; how long do you think it takes for a memory to start being corrupted by suggestions/constructions?
>>
>>17646606
A memory becomes more and more corrupted every time you go back to it. This is because you brain adds new thins every time, and you brain likes to fill in the blanks with falsities.
>>
File: turnawayfromthespooky.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
turnawayfromthespooky.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
>>17645903
Does having a prior knowledge of people ive just met count?
on multiple occasions I have had a deja vu kind of experience.
>knows people(s) names what they are going to say etc.
>for example when in college 1st year first day, I knew from somewhere even though i had never met them.
>>
File: 1462069660923.png (696 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462069660923.png
696 KB, 1280x720
>>17645903
>be 14 or 15
>go in to get wisdom teeth pulled
>sit in chair
>doctor gives me anesthesia
>ok
>watch them stick the drill in my mouth
>watch them put pliers in & pull out my teeth
>feel my head being tugged on
>All done, that was quick
I asked my mom a year later if they were supposed to put me under
>she said they did
>mfw
>>
>>17645935
yo guys check me out when i was 2 i was the coolest guy ever and still am like seriously look at me there's no reason i frequent a shitty board full of liars n crazies i surely am not a loser like the others, correct?
>>
>>17646698
that's pretty usual
>>
My first memory is an out of body experience.

I was only a few months, I remember trying to move my hands but couldn't coordinate them to move separately.

I then left my body and went to heaven. Some one told me I'd get better at moving as time went by.
>>
>>17645903
This is very interesting
>>
>>17645903
You have a very vivid imagination.
>>
Do near-death experiences count?
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/archives_main.htm
>>
mandela effect we meet again
>>
>>17646698
I woke up twice during surgery. I don't remember pain but I remember tugging. I also remember the doctor telling me that I needed to stop talking because I was in surgery and me saying "no I'm not, I'm at the dentist" before the doctor having the nurse give me more meds. I think I took 3 times what they'd calculated...
>>
>>17650909
I want to go back to the Berestain universe.
>>
I remember moving into my childhood home a d my parents putting wallpaper up in my room. I was born in November 1995, and this was confirmed to have happened in early 1996.
>>
This is technically something I "shouldn't remember" because of my age at the time... but I do because of the whole trauma thing.

When I was 3, my dad's good friend and coworker's eldest daughter was babysitting me. My parents said it was fine for the other two kids to come along, since the guy's youngest son was my best friend at then. So it was me, the 16 year old daughter, the 12 year old middle son, and the youngest was also 3.
I always thought I was 6 because I remembered it all. While the girl gave Alex a bath, the 12 old wanted to play a "game".
TL;DR: the kid molested me. When I brought it up when I was 16, my parents were baffled that I remembered.
>>
>>17646013
Summer came early this year
>>
File: aacD4et.jpg (431 KB, 2047x1445) Image search: [Google]
aacD4et.jpg
431 KB, 2047x1445
ITT people heard stories as kids, imagination happened, now they "remember" shit they shouldn't.
>>
Reading this post.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.