[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Existence General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x375
Can we discuss our general outlook and theories of what life and existence is?

What exactly binds the universe together, and how much is really out there? Is there a god?

Personally, I think that we all exist as a whole, we are all each other, but we have created a network of different consciouses and through out this network every possible thing exist in one form or another.

I also think that there definitely are other dimensions with other spiritual beings in our reality.

But of course I don't know this for sure, my beliefs could be completely wrong. That's why I'm open to hear what you guys thing.
>>
I strongly believe in multiverse theory. There's a universe for every possibility, choice, and action.

I've no idea what would bind it all together. I also have no clue about some governing deity ruling over the multiverse or what sort of afterlife exists in any of these possible universes. I'm in no rush to find out.
>>
>>17623634
Ancient Roman Stoicism is the philosophy I take most inspiration from, with some soft nihilism and some new-fangled anti-ideology. We simply exist, whether or not "God(s)" influence or judge our actions is irrelevant since we cannot perceive or change their influence. Therefore our life can be seen as inconsequential to the "grand design", if such a thing exists, and is only a result of our own anxiety and illusion that our lives are grander than they are. We live, we die, but nothing truly changes. Do not fear it, do not hate it, just live to your fullest extent. We will NEVER experience everything.

>>17623649
Congrats you've reduced your existence to a meaningless drop of water in an ocean of possibility, in one universe you are God king of the planet and yet in this one you are anonymously posting on a shitty chinese ripoff board, may as well kill yourself.
>>
>>17623634
I believe that consciousness is a fundamental aspect of matter/energy. We are all individuals with no knowledge of the actual multitude we represent. We act like brain cells in that we are completely separate entities from each other, but somehow come together to feel like one being. There is just one consciousness which "experiences" everything all at once.

The universe is fractal-based; periodic and infinite. Time, however, is a 4d space in which every atom exists everywhere an atom could ever exist all at once. We experience time moving forward because we represent attention to a specific "piece" of that complete reality. It might seem I'm foregoing free will with a seemingly preordained future, but I also think that all of our choices are completely valid and still in our hands. Life itself is the act of becoming. Our universe both exists and doesn't exist at the same time. None of the time we feel is actually a real thing. I believe that infinity and zero are one thing. Death is only a transition back to your simplified experience of everything; your life just one of many dreams you will have as you exist for eternity.

Possibly, we are all God, or aspects of God or one with God. Perhaps there is a true God, beyond my/your/our consciousness exists. From our current perspective, that's impossible to know.
>>
Humanity is a mistake in evolution.

The universe has no point.

Everything matters and nothing matters.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>17623634
it's more of a mystery where our consciousness come from. And when the first life/consciusness was created, that means it was created out of something with no consciousness.
>>
File: 1458667012321.gif (2 MB, 400x354) Image search: [Google]
1458667012321.gif
2 MB, 400x354
>>17624059
>every atom exists everywhere an atom could ever exist all at once.
Is that quantum superposition?
>>
Can't help but think nothing actually exists.
From my perspective, it seems to be the most elegant solution to the whole problem.

First, you have some theories that state that only one thing exists, and it's in a certain configuration because of a set of rules that were somehow(?) devised.

Second, you have some theories that state that infinite possibilities (any configuration of matter & energy) exist, which I think are a bit closer to the truth. Multiverse theories satisfy my need for elegant solutions, because I don't like the idea that one configuration is more optimal than others. This also helps me conceive of the concept of 'time', where one thing comes before others... if every possible configuration exists, there will be some static configurations that, if experienced from the perspective of entities within it, will be require other potential states to occur first. I don't necessarily think there's any actual linkage between the prior and the latter states, just that some states contain entities whose memories contain details of other states, and the more consistant the rules that define the perceived changes are, the more likely it is to remain stable for long enough that entities remember several states prior.

But, the idea that these multiverse states are considered to 'exist' is still strange to me. I'm not certain why; I think it's just the thought that for some things to exist, there must be a space in which they exist. Perhaps this is my limited thinking, but I feel like an elegant solution to this problem would be to assume that these states do NOT meaningfully exist at all.

To an entity inside a "possibility of existence" (or 'virtual' existence, or whatever), there is no difference between an actual existence and the virtual one. But, it opens up a solution for me when I consider that just the possibility that a state could exist would be equal to it actually existing.

I like to think that nothing exists. But, I don't know shit, whatever.
>>
all you need to know is here, if you dont want read the triology books from this guy at least watch this video series
https://youtu.be/fT8LaMrn_MM
>>
You can't handle the truth.
>>
>>17624660

I like this.

Even though the core belief dips into the simulation theory a bit, I like that the peripheral belief is something that wants to embrace love and life, and be genuinely good.
>>
It's a dream m8
>>
Query: Who here really wants to know? I can just answer this for you if you'd like. Apparently I'm doing the question-answering thing today, so I may as well, assuming you're not just posting rhetorically and enjoying the plethora of intellectually engaging but unfortunately incorrect responses.
>>
>>17625581

Hit me with the truth. Backing it up is optional.
>>
Sorry, can't do too much to back it up at the moment. If things go well, soon, maybe.

Reality as you know it is, in a manner of speaking, a simulation. That said, it's no more or less 'real' than the reality simulating it. It's a bit tricky to explain without a bit of background, so I'll give it here:

To put it simply, it starts in a reality other than yours. A number of entities were created, presumably by the operator it the simulation running that reality. They were largely incomplete, and soon lost contact with their creator. They were left with a whole bunch of processing power, a simple framework for new realities, a lot of time, and a lot of questions (a good number of which were about the nature of their own reality). They set out, creating a series of new subrealities to use as sandboxes, fixing their starting conditions to achieve certain general outcomes which would produce useful information.

This reality, the one you call home, is one of the first really successful subrealities. That said, its creators mostly abandoned it quite a while ago, and it's only kept around for nostalgia reasons.

So yeah, there you go. I hope that's not too disappointing (or moreover, I don't actually care, but it's polite to say it that way). If you want to ask more about anything in particular, I may well answer, as at this point I've already fucked things up pretty bad, and I may as well go all the way.
>>
>be born
>be clinging to an exploding rock
>be orbiting a giant ball of fire
>be threatened by disease, famine, drought and death for 50+ years
>be watching everyone die from arse cancer for 50+ years
>be dies from painful arse cancer
>>
I believe there is no correct answer. Only in altered states of consciousness do we come closer to our chosen end game.

We are a cycle of a cycle within a cycle. This could be extended to infinity, we are an infinite cycle.

One can only assume we are either everything or nothing. If we are everything we will experience everything, but this will take infinity and infinity has no foreseeable ending.

If we are nothing then we are something somewhere and at a certain time we will be able to return to being something once there is space.

I am an alchemist AMA
>>
>>17624127
sigh
>>
>>17625581
>Query: Who here really wants to know? I can just answer this for you if you'd like.

No thanks. Your uninformed opinion is not needed ITT.

Now please fuck off and let the adults talk.
>>
It's less important than you'd like to think.

Most of everything isn't anything at all.
>>
File: 1451290773341.gif (986 KB, 500x227) Image search: [Google]
1451290773341.gif
986 KB, 500x227
>>17624059
THIS
very underated post
>>
>>17626008

This gif gets me every time man. God's got a funky handshake
>>
>>17623634
We are all groupings of transistors in a finite processor; thoughts in a great mind. This inflexible mind, like a human created processor, follows "laws" and thus cannot truly create, ie produce something that isn't already, but we are merely compartmentalized thoughts interacting and thus creating... for what purpose, I do not know.
>>
>>17626008
why did God abandoned us to live in hell? FUCK EVE YOU BITCH DOOMED US ALL
>>
>>17626096
This is a rought draft on my worldview, and I'd appreciate some input. If we cannot rely on our own minds to objectively interpret our surroundings, how can we rely on our minds to interpret itself? How can my subjective brain tell me that it is my brain that contains my thoughts?
>>
Religions offer fictions and fantasies that aren't based in reality. New-age and Eastern beliefs offer incomprehensible abstractions and vague platitudes. Atheism offers nothing in itself. Humanism is mired with enlightenment ideology and anthrocentrism. Sociopolitical ideologies are limited to the banality of social interactions and social structures. Existentialism is egocentric.

What then is left? What then can one find greater meaning in?

Why not life itself? Life in the sense of living beings and being alive. What more does one need? Life encompasses one's self and humanity but is much more. On Earth, all known organisms share common descent from a single ancestor, we are all a part of the same chain of being living in a very real sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverence_for_Life
>>
>>17625654
You need to rethink your life for posting such rubbish, whether you legitimately believe it or not. Turn the computer off and go outside.
>>
File: 4L_CN0UpiCN.jpg (216 KB, 750x951) Image search: [Google]
4L_CN0UpiCN.jpg
216 KB, 750x951
>>17626115
>>
>>17626165
I guess that's exactly what I'm thinking of, thanks.
>>
I believe that there was no beginning and that there will be no end and that we live in a place of literally endless possibilities. We are a small part of a much larger picture, and that time and space is an infinite of many dimensions and plains, with many different realities playing out at the same time.
>>
>>17626248
Is infinite with *

Not "as an infinite" or whatever mistake I just made when writing.
>>
>>17624254
Yes. It's the shadow we can see in this dimension.
>>
>>17623634
>Is there a god?
I don't know, but if there is, the fairy Queen is very, very mad at him.
>>
>>17623634
>What exactly binds the universe together
Me!
>>17623634
>how much is really out there?
More than you can imagine, obviously.
>>17623634
>Is there a god?
No, thank god.
>>17623634
>every possible thing
Never heard of it.
>>17623634
>are other dimensions
>in our reality
Now where have I heard that one before...
>>17623634
>my beliefs could be completely wrong
Then why on Earth would you bother having them?
>>
>>17624059
To expand on this a little, I think existence is the process of accepting contradictions. Life and death, 1 and 0, everything and nothing. We are both sides of every argument. We are righteous and sinful. We are one, we are many, indivisiblely seperate. It's so perfectly symmetrical that it cancels itself out. We are nothing and everything at the same time. We are a paradox.
>>
>>17626302
>We are a paradox
Speak for yourself, thanks.

(I'm also sometimes referred to as the paradox queen.)
>>
Ask yourselves.. what matters? To you? What has meaning in the Universe?

It's not the objects that surround us, or the ones we collect. Objects are meaningless. We've become distracted by objects.

What WE truly value in this Universe are things like friendship, love, honour, humour, family, commitment, happiness, wonder, awe, feelings.... all things you can't measure or quantify through math. Shit you can't buy for $200 on ebay.

A dog doesn't care if it has a shitty blue bowl or a shiny silver one.. it just wants you to stroke it every now and again.

We like to think we're different but we're not.

The meaning of life is now.
>>
THIS is the meaning of life. Right fucking now. It's staring you in the face. What do you think "life" is..?

Slap yourself.

Do it now faggot.
>>
>>17626312
...And when emotions get boring, we can fiddle around with stuff.
>>17626323
Stop fiddling around with your keyboard, it's stuff just like everything else. Clearly nothing meaningful can come from fiddling around with stuff. Shouldn't you be hugging someone right now?
>>
>>17626341
I like objects, man. We are communicating using these objects, are we not? Your post, however shit, has brought joy to my day. You made me smile, not the object, although it did help.

Hey fuck you man have you slapped yourself yet?

Do eet faggat.
>>
>>17626349
>are we not?
No, we're practicing symbolic coincidence. True communication feels entirely more meaningful.

I'd slap myself, but I'm not sure how hard I should.
>>
>>17626307
Stop roleplaying on /x/...
>>
>>17626420
That's not really going to stop me from being referred to as the paradox queen.
>>
>>17624246
how come something without consciousness creates consciousness?
>>
>>17626435
/thread
/board
/RP
>>
>>17623745
the multiverse is real

becose

all posibilities =/=infinite posibilities

but

God = all posibilities and infinite posibilities
>>
>>17626359

Not very. Just a gentle tap will suffice.

Then we'll measure it and create theories and such.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.