[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Jack Parsons/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12
File: image.png (733 KB, 368x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
733 KB, 368x800
>Jack Parsons, was an American rocket engineer and rocket propulsion researcher, chemist, inventor, businessman, expert witness, writer, socialite, and Thelemite

What do you think about Jack Parsons? Share anecdotes, thoughts, theories, death conspiracies, etc about this enigmatic figure head
>>
Jack Parsons writing to Aleister Crowley

Most Beloved Father,1
About three months ago I met Capt. L. Ron Hubbard, a writer and explorer of whom I had known for some time… He is a gentleman; he has red hair, green eyes, is honest and intelligent, and we have become great friends. He moved in with me about two months ago, and although Betty [aka Sara] and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affections to him.
Although Ron has no formal training in Magick, he has an extraordinary amount of experience and understanding in the field. From some of his experiences I deduce he is in direct touch with his Guardian Angel. He describes his Angel as a beautiful winged woman with red hair whom he calls the Empress, and who has guided him through his life and saved him many times… Recently, he says, because of some danger, she has called the Archangel Michael to guard us…
Last night after invoking, I called him in, and he described Isis nude on the left, and a faint figure of past, partly mistaken operations on the right, and a rosewood box with a string of green beads, a string of pearls with a black cross suspended, and a rose… He is the most thelemic person I have ever met and is in complete accord with our own principles. He is also interested in establishing the New Aeon but for cogent reasons I have not introduced him to the Lodge.
We are pooling our resources in a partnership that will act as a limited company to control our business ventures. I think I have made a great gain, and as Betty and I are the best of friends there is little loss. I cared for her deeply but I have no desire to control her emotions, and I can, I hope, control my own.
I need a magical partner. I have many experiments in mind… The next time I tie up with a woman it will be on my own terms.

Thy son,
John
>>
>>17610987
Who?
>>
>>17611007
He is an incredible character in the the world of the occult. Devilishly intelligent, he created solid state rocket fuel and was a friend and conspirator with the likes of Aleister Crowley and L Ron Hubbard. He died in a freak accident when an explosion took place in his laboratory. Parsons was known for acute attention to safety and detail in his work so an accident was uncharacteristic, leading many to believe he was killed by the government.
>>
""The Babylon Working began in 1945-46, a few
months before Crowley's death in 1947, and just
prior to the wave of unexplained aerial phenomena
now recalled as the 'Great Flying Saucer Flap'...
Parsons opened a door and something flew in."

-Kenneth Grant, O.T.O
>>
File: Cameron-300x300.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cameron-300x300.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>17610987
>>17611006
>>17611007

And the panoplies pass - - -
And I struggle with specters and cobwebs -
I speak with the moon
And slyly, my shadow behind me,
Is weaving a doom

And death, like the tick of a clock in a
boarded up room
Whispers circles and circles and circles
Forever
Too late.
And too soon.

These diaries take place in the winter of 1952. Cameron (who had just endured the death of her lover and instructor, John "Jack" Whiteside Parsons) is in Lamb Canyon, a small nook in the desert on the way to what is signaled on the highway as “OTHER DESERT CITIES”.

>Entry: Dec 22. 5pm, 1952

I have built of my love a nest wherein the bed is made for birth and I have lit me gentle flowers to open the secret and I have built me a tender shell in the mouth of this fear; all for Thee, oh my love. Yea, all for Thee and I abideth here with terrible creeping in the heart and I sing me a trembling love song and my naked feet and strong hands do fear greatly and [the ??? illegible] of my loins do move and shake of the desire of Thee. And my stomach doth go in raging hunger for my love and my heart doth quake and roar for the love of Thee and my arms desire; [wrought, sought?] to make a cage and capture the light of Thee and my eyes to look in dreadful peace for the Star of Thee and my mouth and my tongue are made a flower to hold all of Thee, the honey with which I would call Thee.

Oh bee, oh, golden bee, I was thee with lusty blood. Ah, golden life feeder, swell the perfume of my wooing. All of me is the desire of Thee. My hunger of Thee is my eternal bliss - - ah, awesome lover come down – come down into the abyss of my longing and drink long of the love of me.
>>
>>17611090
Haven't read her writings this is great. Please share more if you have it along with any knowledge of Jack
>>
File: cameron38-39.jpg (372 KB, 1889x1200) Image search: [Google]
cameron38-39.jpg
372 KB, 1889x1200
>>17611090
And yea, Thee hast come, oft, but I do weep in the rage at thy heartlessness in leaving. Thous hast come when I was sleeping. Thou hast entered in as a serpent and a thief and now hast raped my rosy flowers, and left me a despised and empty thing with the [blessed, fevered?] bloom choking the strength of me and I am blinded by the darkness of Thee, and my [bowels, howls?] in their emptiness do turn inward and eat of me and my loins do fear but the wound of thee and my feet do walk the wretched fires of the pity of us and my strange hands do nothing filled with the emptiness of me. –-- Lover and terrible thief. Thou relentless insect.

Thou black and loathsome destroyer of dreams. Love hearest me not in my torment. Roper of the east, thou hast eaten the egg in stealth and denied me everything else the violation of the womb I have built in me to hold you. There is nothing here ((1)) – I was deceived the evidence of thy coming. The golden heart of love has been taken so uncouthly that I was robbed of even the belief of my [guiding or giving].

Ah, terrible one – I have designed thee a fruit of great indolence (?!) – its flesh the rich syrup of bliss and buried in the honeyed pulp, a chamber [saved, sealed, seed?] of gold to hold the light of our desire.

And – and [true?] is thy love of me – the drowning fluids their brief [spring, spawning?] breathed black on the cold waters true. Oh, ruthless lover I have forgotten thy name is love and I know you not as thou promised. And I shall come again with the food for thou indifferent gut – and thou shalt love me only then, desiring, laughing. And [cigarette burn] even this is thy fearful blessing.
>>
File: CAMERON_Dark-Angel.jpg (195 KB, 725x1094) Image search: [Google]
CAMERON_Dark-Angel.jpg
195 KB, 725x1094
>>17611100
>>17611099
Oh, come ye, smell ye not the stink of my fear in the tomb of my wretchedness? And smell ye not the death of love and behold ye not that I have written thy name in the scarlet dying of the blood of me? Yea I have written thy name in the testimony upon the death of me.

And behold! Thy wrath has shattered the stars! Thy kiss has crushed the egg and remade me concealing the hiding place. Thou hast entered and thy brilliance reveals the horror of this terrible place. Egg of madness, cocoon of fear. The trembling toil of a thousand [waves?] of terror spawning the rivulets of tears and ten thousand fears. Oh – precious shroud where is thy exquisite fortress, where is thy concealment? Now conceal me not from your desire! The cowl is rent and I, the murderer, behold, me, the murdered, in this lovely bed. And those, oh mighty, beloved my beginning.

“And now”, my beloved sayeth unto me, “Make of this a purer alchemy.”

Ah, what tender miracle is this? The cowl is flung unto the womb of Idealism and filled with the sperm of stars and returned to me as their dew – diadem bridal veil of light.
Ah, what holy word is this?
What canopy a splendidly woven of water, stars, and rarer beads of light? And mirrored a thousand images of each – thy tear and thy smoke.

And often now oh love – the fullness of my love for my mouth is multiplied by three to hold the golden tongue of thy desire; to feed upon my heart hourly.

>1. Cameron had made claims more than once that she was abducted by a government agency and given a forced abortion of Jack's unborn child. In any case, she also sort of got abortions with more regularity than most people have sex, so there's that.
>>
File: SAM_3885_1024.jpg (292 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3885_1024.jpg
292 KB, 788x1024
>>17611107
>Entry Dec. 23. 1952 8pm

Thy desire is mighty but you [release?] not my desire. Thou art my desire, and thy color is the brass that is gold, for I have gifted ye my golden chalice to ring as a bell, a tempered wrath that shall both sing soft and seductive of my love my love of thee forever. And know this firey chalice and bell is my heart and my tongue. ((2))

>2. If I know my feminist mystical poetry like I think I do, then this is a direct reference to the operations of the VIIth and VIIIth degree OTO.

>Dec 23. Midnight, 1952

The God has been conceived! Shake, oh [?] with desire for Joy is born.

>Dec 24, 11am, 1952

Eat of the Beast. Adore him as thy utter worst extremities, for he shall not know the glory of thee until he serveth your desire, for herein is eternity.

>Dec 24. 12:45 am, 1952
Know that thou are both the adorer and the adored. And if thous speak as the adorer the adored will manifest in pure joy of rapture, love, and all [?]. And if thou speak as the adored – lo, suddenly thou art the adorer – for such is the wonder that all knowing lust eternally worships – even thou the ADORED. Ah, thy joy is eternal!

>Dec 24. 1:30pm 1952
Cast off your roses and deny them even thy wrath. Know not that they exist. Thou art purity. Thou art the golden stream, and thou know that all pity is the disease of starvation, and starvation is death. Rise from thy roses, for thy roses be all of thee. I swear to you that is the [???] is Godhead, and even this is of me, all also knows me not – I deserve nothing else than thy desire.
>>
>>17611112
Firecrotch
>>
>>17611087
Bullshit. UFO phenomenon has existed for thousands of years.
>>
File: tumblr_niesr5Sm3a1u27l7fo2_500.jpg (120 KB, 500x603) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_niesr5Sm3a1u27l7fo2_500.jpg
120 KB, 500x603
>>17611112
>Dec 24, 1952, 2:15pm

Ah, he art a delight, foolish woman- Thou seekest the Heart of the Flower in all gardens, and yet ye have no eyes –- Faithless woman, I am decayed and saddened at thy dance of praise. Thou labor ever to seek me in the height, but thou makest of everything a false song to woo me. But, blessed woman, you have known my kiss, and in that hour in which I caressed thee. Though you curse that hour every day to thy death, I swear to you that unless thou knowest me in that hour, though thou makest of thy entire being a fervent prayer to call me, thou shalt know me never...and thy fervent prayer is less than nothing, and thou shall be [cursed, sacred?] ever!

>Fin

Afterward, Cameron writes of her ordeals to Jane Wolfe, an A.'.A.'. representative:
>>
File: cameron20-21a-3-15.jpg (1 MB, 1200x747) Image search: [Google]
cameron20-21a-3-15.jpg
1 MB, 1200x747
>>17611130
March 5, 1953
….the wind blew all night, and the eye of the moon rose like a sentinel from the frozen mountains. I awoke at dawn with a great feeling of peace. I went out in the rising sun and my whole body drew a fearful point of pain. I carry within me something black and dreadful. It writhes in my womb like a monster from Hell. Black nothingness, death. I cried and finally called out to Jack. Finally the pain abated and I was compelled to open his black box. Within I found the little book in which is inscribed The Equinox Vol III no I in an XV Liber XV Ecclesia E Gnosticae Catholicae Canon Missae. I suddenly remembered that last spring I brought home Jack a record of the Lovely Lass of Inverness. I began to cry as I had not since I was a child. I found a map of the British Isles and found Loch Ness and Inverness, and my crying grew to the howl of a lost child. I remember home. The memory has plucked incessantly at my thoughts for so long that I have been near frenzy and madness seeking the key to my memories. Oh, Jane, beloved Mother – I want to go home, but it all happened so long ago. Am I to find nothing there but ghosts and memories and ashes of fires long grown cold? Ah, I seek you my Beloved, but where have you departed?

>The fight Marjorie fought was not to honor her lover's image, or to create a comfortable simulation of Jack. She explains to Jane Wolf in the following letter through a retelling of Cupid and Psyche. Joseph Campbell (who also wrote to Wolfe), feels mythological and archetypal figures provide a space (liminality) where the conscious mind and unconscious mind (if such a thing exists) synchronize; the legendary adventure becomes very real, concrete, and present.
>>
>>17611120
It's in reference to the bout of saucer phenomena in that period, not denying past sightings. Parsons is the least bullshit out of most occultists. He really implemented esoteric knowledge into action
>>
File: Cameron%20East%20Angel.jpg (267 KB, 580x423) Image search: [Google]
Cameron%20East%20Angel.jpg
267 KB, 580x423
>>17611140
August 23, 1953
Beloved Jane,

Three weeks ago, a beautifully illustrated edition of Cupid and Psyche was placed at my disposal. I read it and wept profusely for the first time in months. As I have come well to realize, the myths are not remote fables for entertainment, but the real archive of the human race when conscious and unconscious mind synchronize. The legendary adventure becomes real, concrete, and present. And perhaps these incredible maps of the plight of Gods are, in truth, the only guide signs of the hero who ventures out beyond safe regions, into the unknown, or dangerous regions being the Godland of the mind.
I have told you, when I was at Beaumont, the presence I was aware of was NOT Jack. At that time, I became aware of love in a way I had heretofore not known. I believe I wrote you of my discoveries at the time. I quote as clearly as I can remember Psyche's like discovery to her unseen bridegroom: “In deed I have surpassed love, being love itself”.
Psyche, to calm the fears of her sisters who believe that she has been wedded to an ogre and prisoner of some terrible fate, persuades cupid to let her bring them to her magic household and glimpse her fortune. Indeed, she becomes so anxious to share her happiness that she bestows upon them wonderful gifts from her husband, whom they suspect is a God. And Psyche, as the result of human curiosity looks upon the beautiful countenance of her God-spouse and falls from Goldy love, into the terrible lie of human love, “To become enamored with the image of love...”
Having fallen into the trap of the image myself, which is suicidal, I returned to the pursuit of Jack as mirrored self. This could resolve itself only satisfactorily in death since such a conquest-surrender can only result in the suicide of self.

Oh...Jane, I know that your love and recognition is with me, but none can help me in this hour save my Holy Guardian Angel. I love you, and I promise you Paradise.

93/3
>>
>>17611140
Wow many thanks for sharing all this. Great insight into the power of this mans life and those he touched. I will have to read more into Cameron, especially the gov kidnap story
>>
File: 33PeyoteVision.jpg (352 KB, 2000x1505) Image search: [Google]
33PeyoteVision.jpg
352 KB, 2000x1505
>>17611149
July 6-12, 1953: Cameron writes to Jane after a conversation on Babalon.

...I had a very powerful dream last night. Word came that I was to prepare a place of contest since God was to appear to me and accept my challenges. When he came, he was a beautiful man of spledid physique. I had the feeling that we were equally matched, indeed it was as if I were looking at the inner image of myself, but the image of desire, since he was male with ivory skin and beautiful dark hair. The place of contest was a temple of marble tile, white with a vaulted ceiling. Here we engaged in physical combat, like Greeks in a wrestling match. There was a great feeling of power and ease in this contest of strength, and the joy was not in winning, but rather in the duel itself. There was no sense of struggle. I won the contest by placing his shoulders to the floor three times, but the victory was his as well as mine; there was a great pleasure in this, and then we boarded a train and crossed the river.
>con't
>>
>>17611155
The train, in Steckle's analysis, is a death dream, and crossing the river is also the racial dream of Styx...but death has a concept heretofore only guessed and in view of the way I feel I would interpret it as a death of the go. Then I was back in Beaumont, I would awaken many mornings with the feeling that I had been somewhere wonderful, or that some one magnificent had just departed when I opened my eyes. Once I had a rapidly fleeting impression of great tides of flaming spheres surrounding me overhead. I did not even have the feeling that I'd slept, but had stepped from one plane to another in opening my eyes. I had, and still have, the absolute conviction that something magnificent had happened to me, which I was not allowed to remember when I awakened. The sense of magnitude and joy flowed over into the daytime, but I would lie down at night with eagerness, since it seemed that what I learned in the day was only a searching of my memory for the fantastic things divulged to me when I slept. That presence receded and was replaced by terror when the physical pain and mental torment began to come, until it deserted me altogether, except for occasional glimpses when I left Beaumont, until finally, in these last months it became only a diminished memory.
I feel now, that this unnamed urging that I am following is the beckoning of this presence again, and that all I have experienced of late has been necessary as a step before I could go on with that which awaits me.

I shall write.

Love is the law, love under will.
~Cameron.
>>
File: 88963-full (1).jpg (258 KB, 816x1024) Image search: [Google]
88963-full (1).jpg
258 KB, 816x1024
>>17611150
You're incredibly welcome.
The above passages were transcribed from the reproductions of her hand written diaries appearing in Songs for the Witch Woman, link related:
http://www.jdholmes.com/shop/jdholmes/FUL-WW.html
>>
>>17611177
Also, here's a link to a (heaviliy) redacted copy of Jack's FBI file.

http://blacklies.xenu.ca/archives/952

I have a vague suspicion that one of the people reporting on him was none other than Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, aka Frater H in Jack's diaries, who participated in the Babalon Working (the first time through).

Some time ago, and I no longer have the photograph of it the set, the ten volumes of the Equinox Jack used were sold for over ten thousand dollars to an anonymous bidder; it is rumored to have Hubbard's notations (along with Jack's and the folks who owned it in the meantime).
>>
>>17611006
>Capt. L. Ron Hubbard
>...although Betty [aka Sara] and I are still friendly, she has transferred her sexual affections to him.

KEK holy shit he got cucked by L. Ron.

>I need a magical partner. I have many experiments in mind… The next time I tie up with a woman it will be on my own terms.

This guy was neckbeard as fuck.
>>
>>17611235
It didn't start as cucking but that's what it eventually led to; L. Ron left with the woman and some money plus a boat on a scam. Parsons performed a ritual to Mars (iirc) which grounded his boat.

It's interesting, in the Affirmations of L. Ron Hubbard, a relatively unknown document before Scientology after Thelema which appears to be a series of hypnotic commands, we find that he'd been giving himself assurances that Jack didn't hate him despite Jack filing and winning a lawsuit against him.

I'm unaware of any further comment Jack would have made. He was still alive at the first publication of Dianetics.
>>
Good thread, are there recordings of jack talking? Also any recs on writings of his to start with?
>>
This thread is wonderful..

This is what X is all about
>>
>>17611354
Written by Jack:
Freedom is a Two-Edge Sword

Other:
Strange Angel
Sex and Rockets
Skyblazer

I don't think any of the scarce video he appeared in had audio tracks.
>>
>>17611470
Ok too bad cause I would love to hear him speak. I will look into these books though
>>
>>17611120
Aliens didn't start to look like "aliens" as we know them (small frame, bulbous head) until after Crowley linked up with Aiwass aka Lam
>>
>>17613576
Not exactly true but in a well recognized sense yes...
>>
>>17613576
Lam is not Aiwas.
Go read Amalantrah again.
>>
>>17610987
He was murdered and so was his mother.
>>
>>17615089
[citation missing]
>>
>>17615089
I'm not familiar with him but why do you say that?
>>
File: lu.png (799 KB, 721x1000) Image search: [Google]
lu.png
799 KB, 721x1000
>>17610987
Wait his mother offed herself after?

Video with Cameron, it's the wormwood star, probably everyone watched this by now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmQxOw__yk

He called her Candida, aint that sweet.
>>
>>17611063
yeah I just can't believe someone who hangs around with some weirdo 2EDGY devil worshipper and a shitty scifi author who started a cult COULD POSSIBLY be dumb enough to blow himself up.
>>
I hight Don Quixote, I live on peyote
John Whiteside “Jack” Parsons

Agape Lodge's Oriflamme, Vol I, No I, Feb 21, 1943

I height Don Quixote, I live on Peyote,

marihuana, morphine and cocaine.

I never knew sadness but only a madness

that burns at the heart and the brain,

I see each charwoman ecstatic, inhuman,

angelic, demonic, divine,

Each wagon a dragon, each beer mug a flagon

that brims with ambrosial wine.

I went to the city and found it a pity

the devil was playing at hell,

And ten million mortals had entered hell’s portals

and thought they were all doing well.

I said: “See, dear people, on every church steeple

an imp of the devil at play,

See ghouls cut their capers in daily newspapers

and fiends in police courts hold sway;

The mountains are palaces, women are chalices

meant to be supped and not sold,

The desert a banquet hall set for a festival,

ripe for the free and the bold;

The wind and the sky are ours, heaven and all its stars,

waken, and do what you will;

Break with this demon spawn’d hel-inspired nightmare

bond—Magick lies over the hill.”

They said I was crazy, ambiguous, lazy,

disgusting, fantastic, obscene;

So I hied for my sagebrush and cactus and corn mush,

To see if the air was still clean.

Oh, I height Don Quixote, I live on peyote,

marihuana, morphine and cocaine,

And may I be twice damned for a bank-clerk or store hand

if I visit the city again.
>>
It was the Babalon Working that blew him up.
>>
>>17619486
Years apart m8.
>>
>>17611007
It's the Alan Parsons Project.
>>
>>17613576
They didn't start to look like "aliens" until science fiction and movies came about. Because that's where it all comes from.
>>
>>17611063
>Parsons was known for acute attention to safety and detail in his work so an accident was uncharacteristic, leading many to believe he was killed by the government.

Stranger things have happened.

Lots of scientists that are "too smart" suffer horrible tragedies, including a history of "bad luck" accidents, and even terminal illnesses that appear out of nowhere, sometimes to stop the person from passing down their genes to future generations.

When you see this, pay attention to those people. They are always misunderstood, usually marked for isolation, alienation, and punishment, and literally one in millions. Children descending from such a person would be world-changing, that's why they are often marked for neutralization.
>>
>>17611120
Yes, but the working actually opened a new portal. Crowley said that he was frantic at the idiocy of Parsons in playing with powers he could not understand. Crowley died before he could successfully seal the portal which allowed more Nephiliim to enter our world.
>>
In the Name of the honourable Sir Roger Hare, I speak of the past:

Over the years a number of theories about its ingredients had been advanced: liquid petroleum, quicklime, saltpeter, sulphur, or -- most importantly to Parsons -- naturally occurring asphalt. As he stood there, watching the tar being poured, science collided with the romance of ancient history in his unorthodox mind: "Why not get rid of black powder altogether and use asphalt as the fuel?" He suddenly thought.

-- George Pendle, Strange Angel
>>
>>17610987
I remember when I started looking at things on the Internet, OP.
>>
>>17624674
What is that supposed to mean
>>
>>17624655
iirc, Strange Angel has images of the pentagram shaped voids pressed into Parsons' fuel column to help it burn.

If i also recall correctly the pattern's still in use today.
>>
>>17624698
It means anyone who looks at fortean shit on the web since the mass distribution of connected PCs comes across Jack Parsons pretty early when they're looking for weird subjects. Not an insult, you're just showing your novice knowledge level.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.