[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ART AND MAGIC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: breker.jpg (91 KB, 599x862) Image search: [Google]
breker.jpg
91 KB, 599x862
Post in this thread if you are an aspiring artist, filmmaker, writer, or just interested in sharing magic works of art. We can discuss ways to merge your systems of practice with your artwork or we can talk about anything related to the acts of creation. I'll be dropping some films and paintings that resonate with me and include shamanistic/ritual themes
>>
La Planéte Sauvage (1973)

I'll start with this film because it shows a society where esoteric practices such as astral projection and deep-trance meditation are common knowledge and used for recreation, entertainment, and politics. The real power of this film is in it's visual style which gives off an aged, illustrative appearance that creates a surreal and visceral atmosphere. Pay attention to the subtle messages about spiritual practice and conflict in this animation.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2x6rz7
>>
Frantisek Kupka (1871-1957)

The artwork of Frantisek Kupka follows roughly the same process of change from realism to abstract expressionism that many artists underwent around the turn of the century, with the exception that his work was heavily rooted in his practice of Theosophy and interest in esoteric symbolism and mythos. Here are a few of his paintings where you can see that:

The Black Idol (Resistance) (1903)

I see this painting as a manifestation of the feelings you encounter when working with great entities, there is a foreboding and dark atmosphere that is used to intimidate, but also the intrigue of working with mysticism and magic.

Babylon (1906)

A ritual procession towards the Hanging Gardens of Babylon is depicted with emphasis on ocean, lighting, and atmosphere.

Lines Areas Depth lll (1913-23)

Later in Kupka's journey he starts to experiment with color evocation and perception. In this painting you start to see his work with energy that the violets and light blues communicate along with the fractal repetitions.
>>
Neal Stephenson (1992)

This novel is an interesting look into the overlap between entertainment, technology, history, and politics all interlinked with neurology. One theme that his writing made me reflect on is the importance of physical perception vs processed or imagined perception. In game worlds this line becomes blurry because a lot of the action is happening through your visual mind and not your physical sensations. The sumerian mythology is also a very appropriate way to frame our technological advances, the more technology alters our perception, the more spiritual concepts make sense.

An interesting phenomena that I've noticed is the ability of video games to produce a place thought-form in the subconscious. When you're immersed in a game, particularly open-world games it projects places into your head and memory. I think we're only at a fraction of the potential of this medium right now when it comes to creative power. This is the first medium where you can walk around and effect controlled change on an imagined place. I think once we are able to produce convincing reality we can understand a lot more about the one we're living in on a spiritual level.
>>
Kandinsky, Composition Vlll, 1923

Kandinsky's interest in non-objective art was fueled by a drive to present visual art as a way to show colors, shapes, and compositions for the pure sake of creating visual harmonies. He was deeply inspired by music and energies and this definitely shows in his work. What I find amazing about his artwork is that it does evoke similar vibes that you get from listening to evolving, experimental music around this time. Goethe, himself, declared that architecture was "frozen music" and that harmonies can be universal regardless of medium. I recommend Kandinsky's work On the Spiritual in Art, which reawakened art as en esoteric practice for many.
>>
>>17619587
Title of the book is Snow Crash. You forgot to include it.
>>
The fact of the matter is that when enough energy is given to a work, it takes on its own identity. I can't really talk too much about my work, because my practices are wholly intertwined with it, but I can say this: Each being has within them the spark to create an infinitude of existences. Our own existence is the same thing. The more energy we give to our work, the realer it becomes. I have chosen to give all my energy to my work, and I will use it to harvest massive amounts of loosh via emotional attachment, allowing me to create my own macrocosm out of the margins of my work. To answer any and all questions: Yes, I do feel compelled to create. I have since I was very young. Both to serve my purposes while I live on Earth, and to fulfill the purposes of my greater self. As all beings here are pieces of the Creator imbued with spirit, so too will I create my own beings, and when I die, I will use my…capabilities…to shape it according to my image. The work is a greater path than the destiny I was given, and I find it a blessing to understand what I do. My greatest hope for people on this earth is to discover their own powers of creation - that not only can they build a template of it here on this earth, but it can be made into its own reality! Your dreams can become real. My passion comes from the goal of liberating the spirit from all limitations, so as to eventually call forth the highest being in existence and merge all separate infinite souls with it, in order to transcend the final limit which is of course the infinity of existence itself. There is a greater purpose for all of this and I will do the work of the Light to be a catalyst in its realization. And my own body and soul will serve as a sacrifice in its name.
>>
I am an amateur music producer. In my opinion music is a language of its own. But I can't seem to decipher it yet.

I would like to use some kind of magic to infuse my tracks with a haunting element to hook the listener in with something they can't quite put their fingers at.

But Lately I've had a lack of inspiration to compose anything decent. I'll admit. Im not good at it, but its something I enjoy. So any advice is more than welcome.
>>
File: ffe76X2R2p0.jpg (124 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
ffe76X2R2p0.jpg
124 KB, 600x604
>>17619645

How about rewarding yourself with food only if you catch yourself experiencing passion? Theoretically the lower self should catch the message and start making you feel passionate every time it's hungry. If it doesn't then you starve it (yourself).

I just wonder if it's even possible because after all, it's the desire for desire.

I also think near-death experiences unlock a lot of desire. When you're falling to your death, you experience the basic desire to live so intensely, that if you survive it, you wake up in hospital with the desire enhanced ten times.

Also, the high desire can be genetic.

And isn't kundalini essentially unlocking the high desire state? It's all it is. It's waving to the universe and saying "hey god, look, I'm responsible enough for you to quadruple my emotional semen reserves. give me 4x more desire. you won't regret it - I swear I'll impregnate 4x more women and raise 4x4 children. so depress 4 useless people somewhere and send their energy through my spine, I'll do better than them"
>>
It's highly synchronistic that I run into this thread, because after years of feeling aimless with my life, I decided I'm going to relentlessly pursue a career in art. I have quite some technical skill under my belt (absolutely a natural talent, though a lot of people seem to deny such a thing exists), and I'm certain that in combining this with deep symbolism, sigils, subliminal messages, psychological use of color, etc. I'll become extremely successful in the art world. It's strange to me how this isn't talked about as much as it could be, given the extensive connection between art, language, and magick. Memes are an example of that.

I hope that if I gain enough steam I can inspire a sort of underground following of occult-minded artists and help develop a "neo-symbolist" movement, which already seems to be in the works.
>>
>>17619776
You, I like you.
>>
>>17619776
currently looking for inspiration in symbolism right now, mind pointing me in the right direction?
>>
>>17619776
>occult-minded artists
Like this? v=u4BQj8YP5AY on jewtube
>>
File: 1.jpg (91 KB, 955x967) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
91 KB, 955x967
>>17619901

Read man and his symbols by carl jung
Research semiotics
If you are of European stock, meditate upon ancient Aryan symbols
>>
>>17619953
What if am from Amerifuckt stock? Personally inclined to the symbolism in grimoires.
>>
>>17619974
go read a grimoire then.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/
>>
>>17619974

You've obviously got work to do.

Are you European American I. E. White? If so, look into the symbols I provided.

As for symbols in grimoires, care to share some that resonated with you and tell us why?
>>
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>17619989
Its the only magik I have done, I guess that's why now I am in film school I feel so pulled towards it. And pic related its the sigil of Datalion present in the keys of Solomon and the first demon I prayed to
>>
>>17620012

>praying to demons

You gon get fucked up
>>
>>17620018
bitch I am already fucked up
>>
>>17620022

Go on...
>>
>>17620037
I'm high on dxm at the moment, you are part of a bubble world insider my head right now, and I'm drawing sigils is that fucked up enough?
>>
>>17620069

Are you high to escape or for another purpose?

Why are you trying to do entity magic? What has it done for you? If it hasn't improved you, why do you continue?
>>
>>17620018
I am abandoning my former life for my art and visions
>>
>>17620077
What art do you do and can u post samples
>>
I'm a writer and some of you may have seen my work. I've posted it here before. My we question is, what can I gain from this thread that isn't already inside or connected to me? As Tesla said, "there is an object from which all conscious thought and creativity stems. I know not of its origin or location. But I have felt it."

Nothing new under the sun. We're all just pulling from the akashic records.
>>
>>17620074
>higher purpose, dxm is a psychedelic
>I used to do entity magik
>it worked but was too much soul consuming
>I only prayed to Dantalion so I only got the benefits of praying to him
>As I said in film school now so only looking for inspiration in sigils its all chill now
>>
>implying that praying to demons gon get u fucked up
keep praying to your god with a child complex
>>
>>17620069
I do not recommend dxm.f four years later and I'm still not the same.

Then again, I did take around 56 triple c's ever day and a half for months.
>>
Can any of you post magik inspired art?
>>
>>17620115
I'm on a second plateu its chill I know my pharma men.
>>
Gonna use Alister Crowley's Illustrated Goetia as a good source of inspiration for my drawings.
>>
>>17620121
Just don't go sigma. That's full retard. Can't enjoy the trip after that. Permenantly.

Might just be a me thing though.
>>
Guys, no one gives a shit about you getting high. Quit derailing the thread.
>>
>>17620152
then post magic inspired art biatch
>>
>>17620152
If magic is perception and perception is inspired by drugs to allow us to see and feel things we normally could not then drugs are magical.

Look at shamans.
>>
>>17620161
>this
don't pretend /x isn't full of junkies
>>
>>17620170
Never said I don't like my drugs, home woadie. I embrace it. You should too. One day taking acid won't be any different from going to see a movie.
>>
>>17620161
It isn't magic because science can explain how it works.
>>
>>17620201
Isn't that what constitutes magic? The things we can't really explain? If not then magic doesn't exist.

If magic doesn't exist, why are you here? And if you're here because magic doesn't exist, here, have a fedora.
>>
>>17620298
Fuck off with your retarded meme and lack of reading comprehension. I just said science COULD explain it, therefore it wasn't magic. Magic would be something science cannot explain. Learn to actually read and comprehend words.
>>
>>17619776
Is the purpose of your movement success? Money and fame? If not, I would like to hear more about your reasons. I might be willing to join your cause.
>>
>>17620309
You seem very agressive for no reason. Calm down and join the conversation.
>>
>>17621260
He didn't get the fedore in the color he wanted.
>>
>>17619645
Read the book Quadrivium. It's an older reference system of connecting things like Venus' orbit to chord structures and revealing the similarities between astronomical measurements and those of music composition. Really eye opening
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 2048x1117) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 2048x1117
Finally this thread. I've been waiting for twelve weeks. I'll be back after my night's rest.

Pic is one of my first deliberate attempts.
>>
>>17619953
Besides Man and His Symbols, what are some other good books on semiotics?
>>
File: towering.jpg (93 KB, 1136x619) Image search: [Google]
towering.jpg
93 KB, 1136x619
>>17619535
Alright, OP-- I'm back. Please mind that this is an image board. Post pics familiar >>17619564 >>17619599

I'm >>17622663 btw, and like >>17619776 I've also felt aimless for years. My story is a little different, as I got a degree in Fine Art, however I was already working as an artist (selling my paintings, had an independant studio) for three years before I went to art school.

I came into Chaos Magic in the beginning of February this year, and sigils immediately made sense to me. In fact, I was looking for magical systems to manipulate my subconscious to become more ambitious and assertive, as I was stuck in apathy after struggling with depression.

So, I started to read up on chaos and discordian. I developed my own system for creating sigils (the vector graphics in pic related), and acquired props for doing rituals and log my work. I made a list of intentions to sigilize, and mainly focused on two things: summoning the best suitable magical system, and getting time off work (part-time day job) and free up some space in my schedule. As I was planning on asking for a couple of weeks off work, I also figured I was probably going to quit my job when summer starts, because I was sick of it, and want to just focus on art.

Friday before my first week off I fractured my ankle, and had to get surgery. Sick leave for 14 weeks. I instantly connect this happening with my intense focus on not having to go to work. It's my wake-up call to be careful, because this shit actually works. I wasn't even done sigilizing my intent.

6 weeks in and my boss called and said she's closing down the business at the end of June, so no more day job.

A colleague calls me up one day and asks if I want to run a gallery with her. I experience synchronicity a lot of the time.

I realise that I've been working with magic all along. The way I've organised my studio, the type of paintings I've made, the way I talk about my art, etc., have all created my reality.

Cont.
>>
>>17621593
Lel
>>
>>17624439
Your image is extremely interesting and weirdly pleasant to look at. What is this one in particular mean/do?
>>
>>17624439
Cont.

I realise how this might seems like I want to turn this thread into my personal blog, but bear with me.

Funny thing is that I've created a reality that is diametrically opposed to the life I actually want to live. I'm piss poor. I don't eat as healthy as I want to, and drink a lot. I have experienced a lot of turmoil in pursuit of love. I have lost my youthful energy, and feel tired a lot of the time, and the time I spend excercising is fuck-all.

Furthermore, I am clinically diagnosed with AvPD and have done a lot to ensure that my art is NOT known, even though I've been in possession of a 200 sq meter studio with store-front on street level in the city centre where I live, for the past five years - with no regular opening hours.

My art has also become more and more nonsensicle throughout the years, oscillating between different styles, seemingly unfinished and half-assed, void of much comprehensible meaning, when I'm fully capable of making quite accomplished representational paintings, if I can just bother spending the time.

What's interesting for me atm, is how I've always avoided symbols and symbolism. About three years ago, I realised I wanted to bring text into my work, as a method of turning away from fully abstract and getting back into figurative work. I stagnated, thinking that bringing text into it would be pretentious, seeing as I don't know enough about semiotics, and the implications of using words and letters as elements in the production of images is not something I take lightly. It's only now that I've discovered sigils that I understand the obvious connection, and how the lack of meaningful mark-making has been detrimental to my work. For years I've been creating vasts landscapes without much meaningful content, and find myself in a reality with a lot of melancholic emptyness.

Creating images can be dangerous.

So, anon to anon, what is our art about, other than magic itself?
>>
>>17624507
Cheers. I won't reveal, and tbqh I already forgot what this one in particular means. Part of the sigilizing process is to forget, so that it can do its work through the subconscious.

I make sure to spend a lot of time creating my sigils, some as long as three or four hours, as I find the boredom of doing so is equavalent to other gnostic states. I also include colours related to the chakras to which I assign the most powerful connection with the intent's fulfillment. The images are somewhat arbitrary, but related to memories (duh) - I retroactively will to heal my past, and choose images from times where I could have departed from my current timeline, and prioritize differently. This is mostly to give it poetic notion, and not something I'm prepared to elaborate on. The image in question was taken in my studio, as I was working on a series of paintings that were never finished. In connection with the sigil, I will a connection to untapped potential.
>>
Has anyone been to the Witchcraft museum in Cornwall? I've heard that its good for art but ive never been, wanted to know if it was worth the trip
>>
Did everybody itt just leave their computers?

>>17624605
>good for art
can you be more specific?
>>
Last bump
>>
>>17624531
In *addition to* the sigil, I will a connection to untapped potential.
>>
>>17625572
>can you be more specific?
Not really, that's why im asking. I mean that it apparently has a load of art (old and new) relating to magic, witchcraft, occult shit etc., and was wondering if anyone had actual experience of it
>>
>>17628142
Only been to Cornwall once, on a rural landscape project. Didn't go to any museums, but the art school I went to do yearly trips there, so perhaps some of my former tutors might know.

Is that the actual name of the museum?
>>
>>17621007
I'd like answers to this as well.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.