[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ancient symbolism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 13.png (27 KB, 220x373) Image search: [Google]
13.png
27 KB, 220x373
What are the most "evil" symbols that humans know?
How can we be sure what symbol was for since ancient times? What are the chances that propaganda switched meanings left and right throughout our history?
General symbolism thread.
>>
>>16958442
ysmbolism is something we are naturally born with. The fact that you can interpret emotions on a persons face is in fact, symbolic interpretation. Different cultures which want to convey their ideas emphasize the symbols of those ideas so strong that in the end, they become abstract forms, such as the swastika, hand of fatima etc.

A great example of these symbols are ancient pagan religions and modern hinduism. even without the knowledge of the nature of each god, any person can look at an image/sculpture, and tell you with a range of accuracy what this god represents. The hindus are really good at using symbols to convey the messages of what the god represents.
also, this process is seen in dreams. Throughout the day you see things, and then your brain uses its innate nature to create and interpret symbols to convey the most prevalent feelings in those dream images.
My theory is that psychosis is that process becoming fully concious. This can be sen in al ancient religions, where there was a divination system. A sort of trance ( induced psychosis) is introduced to interpret visons etc. and psychotic people are excelent dream interpreters.
>>
File: 1cff766347e6.jpg (54 KB, 450x440) Image search: [Google]
1cff766347e6.jpg
54 KB, 450x440
To me, "Good & Evil" is one of those Dualities where the dichotomy varies depending on the individuals morals. Depending on where one earth, what time slice, and who the individual came in contact with throughout life.

So "Evil" varies with everyone. My personal opinion is people show fear for the unknown, when they dont have enough information to make an adequate llogical decision.

OP picked a great image for this post.
Honestly all imagery is a creation therefore really just up for personal interpretation.

If you dont have enough of the prerequisite knowledge to understand it, you may overlook it or simply see it as faggotry and decide to Troll it.

Even the most Troll of Trolls use Letters to try to confuse and frustrate.

Its not what you know, Its how you use it. Man has many tools, physical and....not so physical. =p
>>
Good/evil these are mad made concepts, everything is, there is no duality outside of our limited perception. Symbols contain knowledge to those who are able to read them
>>
File: image.png (172 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
172 KB, 800x800
How about the most obvious one?
>>
>>16958959
He looks sad.
>>
>>16958959
i believe thats a pyramid
>>
>>16958976
he's got a lot on his mind
>>
>>16958983
i believe your mom's a pyramid
>>
>>16958959
Presumed evil.
>>
File: symbolism_examples.png (140 KB, 1881x821) Image search: [Google]
symbolism_examples.png
140 KB, 1881x821
In my academic field, we know by looking at bronze age testimonies, and back pedal from there.
We also look at what concepts were associated with other concepts.
Here is gander at what I'm working with right now if you're interest in that sort of thing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.