[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Mass hysteria’ in Malaysian school: Screams heard from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
IT IS the apparent mysterious figure in black which has reduced students and teachers to a state of mass hysteria and forced a school to suspend all its classes.

But despite the school reopening, blood-curling screams can still reportedly be heard.

In a saga which is gripping Malaysia’s media, dozens of students and teachers at the SMK Pengkalan Chepa 2 secondary school have been engulfed by a wave of mass hysteria.

The hysteria and hype surrounding the school is so strong that media have so far not been allowed to enter the school to verify their claims.

The school, which has more than 1000 students and 80 teachers, has since reopened under the observation of several religious teachers and Islamic medical practitioners, Free Malaysia today reported.

But screams were heard from inside the school, in the Malaysian state of Kelantan, as recently as Sunday.

Principal Siti Hawa Mat said 100 teachers had reported seeing a black figure, adding it was the first time an incident like this has been reported in the school since it opened in 2001.

Islamic traditional practitioners were called in an attempt to rid the place of bad spirits and school bosses have held prayer ceremonies after the school closed on Thursday.

However according to the Star Online, nothing “seems to be working.”

One teacher at the school, Norlailawati Ramli, was quoted by Free Malaysia Today as saying she definitely had an experience.

“When I was holding one of the pupils, my arms felt extraordinarily heavy. I recited the istighfar,” she said.
>>
>>17601703
“Things were truly out of control at the time. But after the pupil recovered and went home, I then felt as though someone was hanging on to the left side of my body. I saw flashes of black, like a black figure.”

Another teacher maintained what she experienced was also very real.

Kamariah Ibrahim revealed she prayed when she was “losing control of herself”.

“I saw a black figure, like it was trying to enter my body, but my colleagues were surrounding me, reciting verses from the Koran. I felt like my head was bloating, I felt numb and tears kept pouring down my face,” she was quoted as saying.

“I silently recited the Ayatul Kursi, over and over again, then my head began to feel lighter after about an hour.”

The strange case wouldn’t be the first time a school has been gripped by such hysteria.

In September 2013, 20 high school students in the Philippines claimed they were “possessed” by evil spirits.

School authorities in Cebu were forced to suspend classes and prayer sessions were held in an attempt to rid the school of evil spirits, according to The Philippine Star.
>>
Sounds like bored poor people
>>
>>17601706
that ayatul kursi seems to be working
they should chant that in schools every morning
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 236x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 236x288
>>17601703
Sounds like jinn are getting rather ballsy. I guess this is actually the final age. Time to lock n load and wait for jesus.
>>
Rodents or something breeding in the walls, so what people thing are screams are actually just pests making noises.

Mix that with a highly spiritual society and you get people getting so worked up that they think they see something when really it's hysteria.
>>
>>17601818
nah jesus won't come back for a loooong time since a lot of things should happen before that that hasn't happened
>>
>>17601823
this
>>
>>17603167
right
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp10675215.jpg (22 KB, 450x378) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp10675215.jpg
22 KB, 450x378
>>17601823
Thank you Scully. But I'd like to see you tell them that. I reckon the best way to end this is to accuse some old lady of being a witch and let the community deal with it. That's sure to end the problem
>>
>>17601703
source
>>
>>17601823
Rats don't scream when they breed.
And their normal vocal range is inaudible unless you have a gifted range of hearing and are holding the rat in your lap.

Yes they squeak, but they can barely get louder than 10db and that's if you're physically torturing them.

Mice? Lol.

Trust me you can't hear this through concrete, maybe through drywall if a rat fight breaks out, but rats aren't territorial anywhere near as much as mice, they tend to work together and build communities instead of fighting. Doesn't mean they don't but more often than not people keep males together without a problem.
>>
>>17603515
We got a rat expert up in here
>>
>>17603558
I love them. I don't give a shit if this is real or not. I'm just saying a rat scream would not be audible unless another rat had it by the neck slamming it into walls. Even then it would be no louder than a light finger snap.
They don't behave like this though. They fuck, cuddle, play, sleep, eat and explore. There is almost no violence in the rodent world unless it involves gerbils or two male mice in a cage.
>>
Why don't you guys go investigate the screams, maybe someone needs actual help.
>>
Malaysians are just nigs with spicy food.
>>
>>17603167
we are up to Revelations 18:2 at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1o4V6gxXpk Do you believe me?
>>
File: piggu.png (860 KB, 809x747) Image search: [Google]
piggu.png
860 KB, 809x747
>>17601703
>mysterious figure in black
>mfw ISIS
>>
>>17601823
People are more skeptic than ever, and they even have internet.

Something weird happened that triggered the hysteria.

Also some links would be nice.
>>
File: Lain.png (402 KB, 598x1021) Image search: [Google]
Lain.png
402 KB, 598x1021
>>17603565
Seriously I come to /x/ just to talk to people like you.
>>
>>17603565
also male Siberian Dwarf Hamsters

Most viscious creatures alive; evil incarnate.
Terror.
>>
>>17603680
Yeah dude gerbils and hampsters are VICIOUS creatures. Thankfully I never thought to own one.
>>
>>17601823
>>17603645

Wouldn't be surprising if there were some fungus spores traveling through the building. It has all the right conditions, and spores can cause medical issues that include panic and delusion as symptoms.

>>inb4: CREDIBLE JSTOR SOURCES?? DURR
>>
File: 1367106937.png (518 KB, 917x1048) Image search: [Google]
1367106937.png
518 KB, 917x1048
>>17603841
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/03/molds-making-you-ill.aspx

Some kind of mold maybe.
>>
File: 1460005025170.jpg (73 KB, 875x387) Image search: [Google]
1460005025170.jpg
73 KB, 875x387
>>17603587
Lol Catholics 15 minute long autism video about a prophecy about Babylon
>>
>>17603669
Kill yourself
>>
>>17603645
I'm sure the guard that curb stomped a girl thinking she was a ghost, a few years ago, had the internet. Didn't stop his SEA brain from being backwards.

People that live on islands are innately batshit and poorly bred.
Smaller the island, the worse they get.
>>
time to post this
https://youtu.be/u01_qA0Nmec
>>
I would like to see a video of this, sounds interesting
>>
TRUMP WILL KILL ALL THESE SHITSKINS
TRUMP WILL HANG ALL NON WHITES
TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP WILL HANG ALL NON NORDICS
>>
>what is mass hysteria
>>
>>17604412
Trump will hang himself ?
>>
>>17604590
kek

>>17604412
Naw
Hopefully he will kill all Blacks though.
>>
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/20/panic-over-black-figure-causes-malaysia-school-to-close.html
Here's a link l found

>>17604591
That would be not nice
>>
>>17601706

>I then felt as though someone was hanging on to the left side of my body. I saw flashes of black, like a black figure.

This is Beelzebub.

He is doing the only thing a demon can do to protect those children by frightening them.

There is a child molester there who has a name with an "M".
>>
>>17604151
http://www.funshunn.com/2016/01/18/guard-of-a-morgue-attacked-by-ghost-caught-on-cctv-will-give-you-goosebumps/

Explain this please...
>>
>>17601823

I'm not saying that what happened was straight-up paranormal, but this post is a great example why Positivism and Reductionism needs to be removed. I mean physically beaten out of people

holy shit man

i really hope you're roleplaying as Phillip Klass or something
>>
>>17604415

>what is mass hysteria

A meaningless blanket term that has no scientific basis AT ALL that is used to write off anything odd

mass hysteria is literally "swamp gas" of psychology
>>
>>17604999
Nice trips

Mass hysteria such as the German Dancing mania, which was originally thought to be supernatural - has been explained by ergot poisoning from bread mold which has psychoactive effects similar to LSD.
>>
>primitive superstitious morons in a third world country make up some bullshit
>/x/ eats it up
>>
>>17605065
There is a reason people on this board has the lowest IQ

They just wave it away like

>but muh open mind!!
>>
>>17605082

>people on this board has the lowest IQ

[citation needed]
>>
>>17605082
>people has
>talking about iq
>>
>>17604999

Well said by a jackass with zero knowledge of psychology.

Mass hysteria is a very real phenomenon which gave us the Salem witch trials, among others. A lot more people than you'd think hear weird voices, see weird things, have weird ideas but keep all those to themselves for fear of being judged by others. A mass hysteria happens when some reported event gets these people comfortable enough to give voice to their delusions. As more people do so, those who were less comfortable also begin speaking and people who aren't delusional hesitate to call them on their bullshit for fear of retribution and suddenly you have a chain reaction which only ends when someone with authority puts their foot down. In the case of the Salem witch trials, it was when the crazies began accusing the governor's wife. Suddenly, there were a lot more armed soldiers and a lot of people being jailed for wrongful accusations and suddenly people weren't so eager to tell others about what the voices in their heads were telling them. A few years pass and it's suddenly obvious to everyone that it was fucking idiotic. But for a terrible moment, the sane realized that they were a minority.

And that's how mass hysteria works. In this case, some kid with overactive imagination and a budding case of schizophrenia saw a shadow move and freaked out. He told his friends and one of them tells them about a dream he had the other day. Then they tell others about the shadow and more people are talking about how one day they could swear someone was following them or that during prayer the other day some shadow passed in the hallway. Then later some kid thinks she sees a shadow, screams and everyone thinks it's the demon that screamed. Then some girl in need of attention says she had seen it many times before but it had threatened to hurt her if she told. And now you have fucking religious nutjobs on the case and the thing will blow out to even bigger proportions.
>>
>>17605091
yeah but hey, there's a big difference in making a typo and believing in this superstitious bullshit
>>
>>17605093
Malaysia isn't Salem, people aren't that gullible anymore, mass hysteria at this scale doesn't happen often (unless you believe in some conspiracy theories that claims that we are just wrong about reality)

Something has to trigger the initial response, something happened and people freak out about the details and added their own experiences.

Like in the Zimbardo experiment, the Stanford prision, you can make people believe or not believe based on authority alone, that doesn't make the situation not real, you can just make them to not be able to consider it real.
>>
Malaysia has been in the perpetual state of conflict between the muslim malays, christian chinese, and the natives (iban). Maybe the spirit of a schoolgirl who was executed for converting from Islam lingers in the classroom.
>>
>>17605062
>has been explained by ergot poisoning from bread mold which has psychoactive effects similar to LSD.
Youre almost right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7415082/French-bread-spiked-with-LSD-in-CIA-experiment.html

THANKS OBAMA.
>>
>>17605438
>MK Ultra Lsd baguettes.

Le fuck americans.
>>
>>17605395
people are exactly the same as 300 years ago you fucking idiot, there's no reason a mass hysteria couldn't happen today, in fact it's fucking aided by modern globalising technology.
>>
>>17605448
Yeah, like the bieber troll on Twitter a few years ago
>>
>>17605448
We are not the same as 300 years ago, global scams work based on things that are acceptable to believe, ghost and demons doesn't fit that category.

You can't make hundreds of people belive in something that is to far fetched, to trigger this kind of mass hysteria you need something with terrorists or science, that's todays acceptable beliefs.

For you to scare people like this you need some kind of deep rooted belief, that makes some sense.
>>
>>17605513
>You can't make hundreds of people belive in something that is to far fetched, to trigger this kind of mass hysteria

are you fucken retarded? Over 6 billion people are religious and believe in god
>>
>>17601823
>highly spiritual society
This.
Besides, people in masses are retarded as fuck.
Just like /x/. I always thought people here shared their own spooky stories or posted creepy pasta etc. But some people actually believe that crap because their lives are boring as fuck.
>>
>>17605093
>Gave us the Salem Witch trials.

Are you really going to use an event that happened hundreds of years ago, and indeed is disputed to have even happened at all, as an example of a verified case of mass hysteria?

At least give us a contemporary event that happened after the advent of psychology itself.

And while you're at it some links to some peer reviewed journals that confirm mass hysteria is actually a thing because, last I checked, it isn't. If you're going to pull the psychology card then you're going to get called out on it.

No Anon, it is you with zero knowledge.
>>
>>17605523
>But Moooom, I don't want to go to church.
>>
>>17605572
you go where ever your illiterate mother tells you to go
>>
>>17605577
I hope the irony of you writing this statement without punctuation or grammar was intentional.
>>
>thinking Pisslam will help them against demons
>>
>>17605552
>At least give us a contemporary event that happened after the advent of psychology itself.
Not him, but Jonestown. Or Aum Shinrikyo. Or the Japanese Red Army incident. Or the Manson family.
>>
>>17603841
>inb4 a fungi lover that really really really likes fungus disproves this post like the rat lover ITT
>>
>>17601703
>The school, which has more than 1000 students and 80 teachers,
>Principal Siti Hawa Mat said 100 teachers had reported
Well which is it? Can't even keep simple details like that straight, and you expect us to believe this?
Provide sources
>>
>>17603587
ah yes, the book of "prophecy" that is half vague bullshit that reads like a bad acid trip, and half is "predicting" things that are pretty constant (earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, famine, plagues, etc). All things that have always been going on since the beginning of history. You might as well be claiming that the sun setting and rising is also a sign of the apocalypse.
>>
>>17605523
Religious people don't claim to listen the voice of God or see jesus.

If they do people look at them funny.

>>17607072
Good examples they are all grounded in the fact that they were under some authority.

Go read about the Stanford prision experiment you can make people believe (or not) almost anything with enough authority.
>>
File: pzh.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pzh.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>17603680
But are they more dangerous than the POISONOUS ZANZIBAR HAMSTERS?
>>
>>17601804
This, along with Folie à deux.

Folie à deux, friends, Folie à deux...
>>
File: 1458878448064.png (65 KB, 214x217) Image search: [Google]
1458878448064.png
65 KB, 214x217
>>17603587
>17Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, "Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great."

What does this mean?
>>
>>17607917
SJWs.
>>
>>17604041
where's Bahai?
>>
>>17605395
>>17605552

There are plenty of other examples. The fact that you think human beings have somehow radically changed in the last 350 years is laughable. Want more mass hysteria? Look at people lynching suspected pedophiles. Look at the anthrax scare. Look at the Jersey Devil. Or look at the alien abduction phenomenon. Or just all the accusations Michael Jackson had to deal with. Some delusional faggot gets disinhibited and starts talking about the shit that happened in his head, then it makes people less shy to talk about their delusions, then you get the attention whores milking that shit for all its worth. And soon you have this self-sustained circlejerk of schizophrenics and attention whores who'll try to lynch anyone who says that it's all a lie because "It happened to a lot of people, see?"

Mass hysteria isn't some magical force transferring one person's crazy to another. It's that people who are only slightly crazy are less hesitant to show it openly when the social repercussions are suddenly less likely to be bad. This is such a case, as I explained.
>>
>>17605513

Exactly, it works with what is acceptable to believe. So in a backwards, superstitious community like the one where this is happening, once a few people say they've seen a demon wandering the halls in a school, it becomes acceptable to believe that shit. That's precisely how mass hysteria works. This is a textbook example.
>>
>>17605572

Kill yourself.

>>17607445

They do. They just don't talk about it. That is, until someone gets disinhibited and starts saying it. Then gets encouragements. Then suddenly it's okay to say shit like that.

Now let's put it plainly: If even non-delusional people can believe something as fucking stupid as one of the many religious stories, to think that they are literally true, what chance do people who have "weird feelings" have?
>>
>>17601804
>be student
>be prankster
>make a recording of someone screaming
>get cheap phone and set it as ringtone
>hide it really good
>randomly call the number and set the screaming going
>enjoy ensuing chaos and keks
>>
>>17603167

Sauce?
>>
File: 2cool.gif (461 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
2cool.gif
461 KB, 500x360
>>17601703

>yfw ghosts and demons hate muslims just as much as the corporeal.

maybe they're bro tier?
>>
>>17603167
>since a lot of things should happen before that that hasn't happened
What exactly?
>>
>>17608515
Bitches don't know 'bout Baal
>>
>>17607917
It means that there is so much death and destruction that the corpses are littered across the world, like a giant buzzard buffet.
>>
>>17607244
Well, 100 teachers are more than 80 teachers.
>>
>>17601818
>>17603167
>>17603491
>>17603587
>>17604041
>>17607268
That charlaton bitch jesus got nailed(hue) to some wood and rotted thousands of years ago, he has not and never will be coming back you tards. Also, this is clearly the work of some asian chick who probably killed herself there. Asia for whatever reasons, is more suceptible to paranormal actvity. I think it may have to do with their heavily honor based society, so people have more of a connection to this world then the next. Also, the muslim prayers dont work because all abrahmic religions are bullshit, and they need to call in an actual psychich to cleanse them of this spirit.
>>
>>17601703
>Pretty much everyone owns a phone
>Phones have pretty good cameras
>Cameras that can take both stills and videos
>Shit happens in a school
>Only evidence is a blurry photo of literally fucking anyone behind a pillar
>In a school of probably more than a hundred kids, large amount of staff
>Nobody had any videos of the screaming or of anything else happening

Yeah, this seems super true :^)
>>
>>17607900
The madness of two? Oh, you must mean the bullshit explanation given by that judge in the Eriksson sisters M6 case, right?
>>
>>17613911
Well, the prayers seemed to be working cause the school is safe again and functioning
>>
It's a local socio cultural phenomenon like latah and amuk, if you're interested you can google the two words.
IMO it's just stress and the heat leading to folie a deux.
>>
>>17613994
And of course players would seem to work.
They believe in Islamic prayers. Doesn't need an Islamic person actually chanting Islamic words or actions, as long as they believe that person is, it would seem to work.

Would be hilarious if some Christian or Buddhist or Hindu took the chance to prank them like that.
>>
>>17601706
Bullshit. As a local, its just some crazy bitch with seizures.
>>
I immediately thought of a djinn, but most people in the west classify them as shadow people.
>>
>>17613989
Lol no, its not doing a goddamn thing. The reports are still flooding in, and the towelhead bitch only started to feel better after an hour, not because of her prayers to her goat fucking diety, but because she left the aera you fucking retard.
>>
>>17603167
But when we die, time no longer exists. It's all going to happen as soon as we meet the end. One second dead, the next second eternal life.
>>
>>17603841

I grow a lot of mushrooms and have made sure to educate myself in case something I'm not expecting to grow, does grow.

Firstly, fungus usually grows in moist and dark conditions. This is because fungi, as a whole, don't require photosynthesis, and in such a hot country as Malaysia, any fungus growing in direct (and probably indirect) sunlight would have no moisture because the sun would be hot enough to evaporate it.

This doesn't rule out something like an air vent, or random leaky pipe in the wall. Fungus could definitely grow in that sort of situation. So lets presume we have some kind of fungus in the ventilation system or in the pipes.

Mania or psychosis are symptoms of ergotism, which can include auditory and visual hallucinations. In the wild, the first symptoms are usually shitting yourself, muscle spasms and headaches. You'd probably not be even going to school/work, because it'd be quite severe before the stage of hallucinations.

A dead give away is if teacher's or pupil's skin starts peeling off and they become infested with gangrene.

Otherwise, I really don't think this is a case of ergotism because it makes you so ill with physical symptoms you would be resting at home anyway, not going into work. Honestly, you'd probably be hospitalised. A mild dose wouldn't be enough to give severe hallucinations of this kind. Not in the wild, maybe if they were dosed with LSD.
>>
>>17613943
>Imma post too
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.