[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian Sleep Experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 749x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 749x462
How would something like this actually go? Would people actually lose their shit via no sleep over the 15 days or would they just slowly lose energy and eventually die?
>>
>>17570340
Yes, no sleep will cause a descent into madness.

Google "fatal familial insomnia" onnaphone, so can't be fucked to post a link.

Don't know if just 15 days would do it, but massive amounts of stimulants may accelerate the process of insanity.
>>
>>17570340
Depends on if they were on a substance like meth.

If they were basically just unable to sleep their body would be pretty much destroyed by day 7.
24 hours
Minimal mental effect
Physically tired but not terrible

48-72
Noticeable mental issues
Forgetful
Hard to complete thoughts
Micronaps
psychedelic/delirium state

120 hours
High stress
Disconnected from reality
No concept of time
Paranoia/delirious
Alternating emotional states
Apetite non existent
Legs and body pain
>>
I think they would just collapse and die
>>
>>17570340

there is a disease where proteins get shat up and holes appear in your brain, similar to mad cow disease

It causes your brain to not be able to enter sleep state or any unconscious state for that matter, a guy who volunteered to be experimented on, doctors tried to put him into coma and it didn't work.

After a while person with this disease will get effects similar to dementia, getting worse and worse until they die.

But smearing shit everywhere and slaughtering eachother? I call bullshit
>>
>>17570376
Wow so much bullshit
I didnt sleep for 6 days (chikenpox) and only thing that is happening to you is that you cry like crazy.I just sit and watching tv when my tears start rollin.I felt like empty all the time but none of mental issues.Stop bullshiting
>>
File: noooo.gif (912 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
noooo.gif
912 KB, 500x279
>>17571997
>every person is the same
>there are no differences in pain tolerance, feelings of pain,temprature, need of sleep and so on
>Stop bullshiting
>bullshiting
>>
>>17570340
This STUPID FUCKING video is on my YouTube recommendations for so long. No matter how many time I say not interested
>>
>>17571997
You sound like a total retard though.

Also how is that list bullshit? It's literally what normal people experience when they go days without sleep. Just because your a special sunflower doesn't mean that list is bullshit, it's just facts.
>>
File: 1458479046048.png (643 KB, 1022x731) Image search: [Google]
1458479046048.png
643 KB, 1022x731
>>17572011
Ignore this moron

>I DIDNT SLEEP FOR 6 DAYS YOOOO
>YOU TALK BS
>I'm right

see: >>17572006
>>
>>17571997
You are living the only life mr truman, we are all bullshitting
>>
>>17570340
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29

of course, this guy wasnt kept awake with nerve agents or anything, and was monitored with good interest and not thrown into a russian prison cell expected to go insane/die
>>
>>17571615
kreutzfeld-jakob disease?
>>
>>17571997
>Anecdotal evidence is infallible!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1456744938756.jpg (38 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1456744938756.jpg
38 KB, 600x800
>>17570340
omg you guys are such little girls...
functioning meth user here-
judge me all you want but know this-
i use just about every day-
i work and make money-
im not trying to eat peoples faces-
im in excellent shape and a good lookin mother fuker-
i have all my teeth-
no sores or nasty shit that norms associate from watching breaking bad-
i take care of my extended family-
i have any number of beautiful slutty chiks to choose from to call when i need or want-
i have plenty of friends and am well received by people-
i can outrun, outfight and outfuck anyone half my age-
and guess what?
this nigga sleeps like once every 5 to 8 days. And its been that way for several years-i lost someone very very close to me in a horrible way a few years ago and I burned for 27 days strait - i did not give a fuk-my sister had to put xanax in my food like you would a dog to get me to crash-
i was out there, hurting, being self destructive etc- but it was nothing like any of this-
i can see where someone could have increased paranoia-or maybe see some "tracers"-
but hallucinations? Maybe if other substances are involved-
and crying? Had chiken pox?
lol thats just too much-
wait til the real world bits yall in the ass-
the russian sleep experiment is fiction and has absolutely no basis whatsoever in reality.
>>
>>17572008
It's a very well written creepypasta, anon
>>
>>17570352
Doesn't fatal familial insomnia leave you kind of vegetative though? like yes you're still active but very low energy. I've heard it compared to being the closest thing to actual zombification.
>>
>>17572785
well you really look like shit, but damn thats some good ass you got there
>>
>>17572785

You are not a "good lookin mother fuker".

The real world is NOT doing abrasive substances that numb nerves in the long term.

I'm glad you posted a picture since normal people with real perception can see how rubber you look.
>>
>>17573509

nah, really. just do meth you faggot.

oh wow look at me i'm so clean and pure

you're a coward is what you are.
>>
>>17573550
No, you.
>>
>>17573555
ok
>>
File: 1417223911274.jpg (117 KB, 718x960) Image search: [Google]
1417223911274.jpg
117 KB, 718x960
>>17573509
>>17573550
like i said judge me all you want-i was simply telling my story and experiences-its all in your mind.everything is subconscious-i wasnt advocating self medication or even suggesting that anyone try it-im a dude you illiterate potheads-like id actually post an actual pic of myself on a philipeno cartoon board full of virgins-dont worry boys one day your cherries might get popped-better get some sleep in hopes of that anime succubus coming for you
>>
>>17570376
Can confirm, at least until 96 hours.

Dared myself into doing hell week during my first year at the college dorms.
First day was OK. I still knew what was going on and I had the hang of everything. I got tired towards the end of the day, but I could deal with it.
Second day, I felt fatigue like I never did before. Started to forget shit, like submitting homework. Then I couldn't finish my sentences. Tried talking with roommates and I couldn't get out a single cohesive thought.
Third day, fatigue felt like it was gone, felt like I was in a perpetual runners high. Couldn't make sense of time anymore, felt like "yesterday" referred to the last day that I slept. Couldn't remember how long I was awake for without serious thought regarding the subject.
Fourth day, I start seeing shit- nothing concrete or with form, but like geometric patterns and beautiful 3D shapes that appeared in midair. Spent like five minutes at a time just staring off into space. Sound started to feel muted, muffled like. Couldn't understand what people were saying without giving it serious thought. Couldn't finish my own thoughts cause my thought voice was also muffled.
>>
The most I've been awake is like 40 hours and I hated every minute of it.

Head hurts,
Loud noises really hurt.
Feeling agitated.
Everything annoys me.
Feeling tense,
Can't study/work for shit.
Feel like a zombie
I am miserable.

I read at a scientific forum that some substance gets accumulated in your brain and that substance is kind of toxic and it needs to be flushed?

And it only gets flushed during sleep. That's why we NEED sleep.
>>
>>17572785
Fucking laughing my ass out here, please for the love of all that is holy tell me you're joking, "good looking motherfucker", yeaaaah, by the looks of it you have also fucked many mothers. This is b8 and I fell for it.
>>
>>17573705
Nah forreal it's a great tho
>>
>>17570340
I remember when I first joined the Marines I'd hallucinate during prolonged sleep deprivation.
During your first months of training you sleep very little and your body takes some getting used to.
I remember around the 72 hour mark I'd alway see shadow people out of the corner of my eyes.
>>
>>17573705
inb4 banned
>>
>>17570340
dox on that creepy photo

http://www.amazon.com/Morbid-Enterprises-Mens-Spazm-White/dp/B000UCO126/
>>
>>17573802
Why do you use dashes as a "cure all" for every form of necessary punctuation? Fuck.
>>
dude you start to lose your shit after 36 hours. and it gets worse
>>
It depends. I start to have suicidal thoughts after 24 hours or so. As anon above said, it gets worse.

Also,my ass hurts and throat is sore. I don't feel comfy at all.
>>
>>17570376
I mean I know not everyone is the same, but I've stayed up for around 5 days straight (no stimulants), as well as plenty of other friends, and I think you're exaggerating a bit. Like, maybe you're just jumping the gun chronologically.

Yeah, you get a bit delirious at that point, but psychedelic, no concept of time? I've done actual psychedelics numerous times and I, nor anyone I know, was nowhere near that severe of mental state.

Add stimulants into the equation, then yeah I can see it getting that severe pretty quickly.
>>
>>17570340

You can't die from not sleeping, people who don't sleep for long periods of time might start hallucinating/dreaming. 15 days shouldn't cause any mental trauma but longer periods might, we hust don't know, in fact there isn't really any medical reason for us to sleep, the official answer is that we need to sleep just because we want to.
>>
>>17574448
Excepting you're wrong.
>>
>>17574430
Me again, just finished reading through the rest of the thread. I'm actually shocked that some of you guys have it rough just after 36-48 hours? I'm trying to be open minded here but I have never met anyone who really struggled (like, psychologically. Of course there's fatigue and discomfort) until day 3.

I don't know, it's just never happened like that to me or any friends, and even reading accounts online, 36-48 hours doesn't really give most people adverse effects other than feeling like shit and wanting to sleep.
>>
>>17574448

Sleep deprecation does kill and tends to be pretty quick. Like starving time span.
>>
>>17572785

Why are meth smoking niggers browsing /x/?
>>
>>17574458
I'm pretty sure they frequent div and magic threads.
>>
>>17574455
I used to be able to stay awake long times. Now that I'm getting closer to my 30s, things are changing. Might be mental problems or related to aging.
>>
>>17574030
The shadow people is an artifact of the less-than-optimal electrical activity in your brain. The part of the brain where we distinguish self and other is at the back and left, it's activity is regulated by the neocortex, you see things all the time and filter them out, but as fatigue gets to you there's rippling observable in stationary surfaces, swirling particles and flitting shadows. Most of it is the blood in your retina flowing in and out, usually filtered as having no information. Rub your eyes until you see that brown swirl and sparkle? That's what people have to cope with when severe fatigue effects them or they've taken something trippy.
tldr it's not real, just sensor artifacts.
>>
>>17574494
Oh I should have clarified
I wasn't claiming my sleep deprivation made the shadow people come out
Just that I started seeing shadows out of the corner of my eyes that resembled the shadow people of /x/
Which was always fun during training exercises in the field where I was on watch making sure members from the opp platoon weren't sneaking into our camp
>>
>>17572006
>>17572011
>>17572455
>>17572741

I like how one anon posts a dissenting opinion and all you dumb monkeys just defend the first opinion for no reason.
>>
>>17574704
Shut up idiot.
>>
>>17574717
mad cuz im right
>>
>>17574704
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-deprivation.html
>>
>>17571997
>almost breaks world record
>only runny eyes
You slept without realizing it.
>>
>>17572785

I used to do lots of meth

I quit because it was holding me back

Now I'm worth 45 million fucking dollars

I'm not a drug addict

And I sleep

Eat shit faggot
>>
File: 1448399317633.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448399317633.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>17574853
>Now I'm worth 45 million fucking dollars

Sounds legit.
>>
>>17570376
Fairly true. I had a toothache (the tooth died, or the nerve was infected, i forget what specifically) and every moment was torture. I stayed awake for 3 days just watching endless junk on late night TV after I ran out of DVDs to watch. I'm not sure if my mental condition changed but I became incredibly forgetful and pretty moody, I also either cried from the lack of sleep or the intense pain.

Either way, I consider it to be the worst 4 days of my life.
>>
>>17573802

"If you don't do meth, you're a virgin!"

Predictable rebuttal, stim master race... eh?
>>
>>17572724

fatal familial insomnia

it's related to kj disease tho, similar thing causes it (protein being retarded)
>>
/fit/ here

I've been lifting for about 4 years now and was unemployed for the first 2 years. My sleep pattern was absolutely fucked and I made several attempts to get it back on track.

I think me mentioning my exercise is relevant because I was hearing voices and seeing shadows with as little time awake as 30 hours. I am sure the amount of exercise I was doing, in conjunction with the constant cycle of sleep deprivation and massive periods of sleep, was causing this.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 809x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 809x1100
The ones who sleep soundly are the only ones who are safe
>>
>>17573848
i use them like a . -to end a sentence-
just something i do-if it bothers you that much then you just sound unhappy and judgemental-im not sorry-
>>
Ex military fag here.

Is there any lasting effects to staying awake for long periods?
>>
>>17573550
People who cant handle real reality because
>MUH LOST SOMEONE VEREH CLOSE
telling people to go to the real world? when they cant spend a day in the real world without diluting it with Meth anphetamine...
what a FAG...please discard of yourself
>>
>>17570340
They'd probably just go into coma's after 100 hours.
>>
>>17572785
New copypasta everyone?
>>
>>17575138
Yes.
>>
>>17570376
That timeline is ded wrong. So fucking dead wrong. How do I know? Because I'm on hour 70 of a binge. Because I've a couple week long binge. Because I've known other guys that've done week long binges. Fuck when I was dicking around with 2-DPMP I was up for two weeks. It's only around the one week mark that you start to go a bit bonkers, and even then the most apparent effect is just drop-dead exhaustion. And bud, if you're on a stimulant, you're not going to have an appetite period. If you're gonna spout shit don't try to make it sound like you're an expert on the subject.

But to answer OP's question, yeah you start going fucking nuts around half way through the second week. I thought I had spiders in my tongue (saw their legs poking out from the surface of my tongue), there were shadow people all around me... it was like a shitty DPH trip.
>>
>>17575570
Try it out without stimulants.
>>
File: 1460378680863.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1460378680863.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>17570340
Is it possible to break the world record without dying?
>>
>>17575582
I've done 72 hours, as have a few of my former coworkers (whoo for being overworked in a shit, understaffed hospital) without stimulants (barring a fair amount of caffeine and nicotine) and the dissociation he talks about just doesn't happen that quickly.
>>
>>17575599
Oh it was about dissociation. I just dun goofed.
>>
>>17575570
>I was up for 2 weeks
Yeah, it didn't happen.
>>
>>17570340
you die after 10 days, your body NEEDS sleep. if it does not shut down for a period of time bad things happen, a few of them being mental effects including hallucinations. so yes, you'd probably go a tad crazy, but sleeping would fix those issues. also, i doubt you can do it without a lot of stimulation, i have stayed up for 3 days, at the third day i got extremely sick. i had light sensetivity migraines like nothing ive had before or after and was vomiting due to them. wasnt really fun or worth it lol
>>
>>17572785
this is new copypasta, hold on saving it.
>>
File: MDSL100HF.jpg (23 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
MDSL100HF.jpg
23 KB, 325x400
Individuals with bipolar disorder can trigger hypermania not sleeping and once that's started its just a matter of time before they're in observation... unless you're a poorfag or in a loveless family.
>>
>>17572459
>yfw deprivation sleep myths are bullshit

kek
>>
>>17575639

I known dudes who stayed up for a month on meth
>>
>>17575799
Do you really believe in it? Do you believe in flat earth too?
>>
>>17575787
pretty much

but then again, in the russian sleep story they kept them awake with nerve toxins and weren't looked after

>implying it happened
>>
>>17575854
so the problem is not the sleep deprivation, but the abuse of nerve toxins.

it's like pointing out that getting ripped in gym is unhealty because people using steroids often have health issues.

the problem is not created by the workout in gym, the problem is the abuse of steroids
>>
>>17575806
staying up for a month on meth is really not that crazy, do a little research, 2 weeks is a relatively common.
>>
I think it would cause both mental issues and eventual death. I'm a severe insomniac and the longest i've been awake was just under 5 days. At around the 3 day point I generally start experiencing a feeling of dread and severe depression and paranoia. These feelings steadily increased until I went to the hospital and got sedated to sleep.

Doctor gave me a shot of xanax and while it I was starting to feel it, I know now it was an auditory hallucination but I swear as he was leaving the room I heard him whisper "Don't fall asleep, kid". I don't remember this part but apparently right before I passed out, I called my older brother and left him a voicemail that went something like "something's wrong dude, they wont let me leave, come get me, I think they may be trying to.." and then I passed out.

He showed me the voicemail later after i had slept and i lol'd. The whole experience felt like what i'd imagine a mental break to feel like.
>>
>>17570340
Been awake for 16 days, OP. Madness does kick in.
It depends on the mentality of the person though.
For some people it startes around the day 6 mark. For others it starts 10+ days.
For those whom have the 10+ case, are the ones that have a routine to focus on, as opposed to just sitting still for all that time.

Another thing that happens is called astereognosis. You lose grasp on texture. You can pick up an object and not even know what it is anymore until a minute or so goes by of staring at it.

Its fun though, being awake. It felt like I was extremely productive. But everyone around me got continually worried.

Melatonin and other sleep aids have little affect, too. When I took 3 5mg melatonin chewables, I was still wide awake and designing 3d models, and this was on day 8.

On day 11, is when I started tlosing grasp of reality. I started hallucinating sounds and images, had trouble interacting with objects even more, etc.

Day 16 at the pinnacle of my ability to stay awake, the world felt surreal. Like i was mving outside of time. I felt extremely heavy and sluggish, but my perception sped up to where it seemed like i was moving super quickly.

But I had enough of it, everything became a chore, and so I laid in bed and slept for 14 hours.

10/10 would do again in 6 months.
>>
>>17576684
That reminds me...

do any of you Anons remember that thread with the guy who had been awake for 10(?) days and kept chewing double bubble while seeing shit like a tea pot on his stove that wasn't really there when he took a photo?

That was a good thread.
>implying there are any good threads on /x/
>>
>>17574853
wow me too
>>
>>17577018
hello resi
>>
>>17576814
I remember that crazy mother fucker. He kept talking shit about how he was going to try making tea out of the bubble gum, fucking kek
>>
>>17575898
Internet says 3 days is common. I didn't bother reading what delusional lying junkies think they have experienced.
>>
>>17577134
I don't think I remember that part. Whether he was RPing or legitimately going off the deep end, it was still a good read.
>>
>>17570340
i think its used as a torture method. everytime you fall asleep they beat you or something and after a week you go insane and then die
>>
>>17570376
This. Big meth problem in the town i grew up in. Dude I knew in highschool became a tweaker afterwards. Didn't sleep for like two weeks one time and passed out halfway through stealing a car stereo. Got arrested. Seen the effects of no sleep on people many times.
>>
>>17574675
Heh memories of that in fort lost in the woods.
>>
I watched a youtube video a long while ago that said 11 days was the maximum you can go without sleep
>>
>>17574776
Actually very much this. When one is on constant observation :mental hospital for example: they may be mostly awake for days with mania or other issues. They will occasionally slip out of consciousness for minutes to hours then wake up disoriented and continue with no memory or clue of having slept :however briefly: and will remain convinced they were awake the whole time
>>
>>17575086
Yes but generally treatable just research the va before going as they are a crapshoot with psych and somnia issues
>>
>>17572785
You can do all these things and yet, and YET your english is this horrible.
Fuck off nigguh
>>
>>17570340
Your body is breaking down after the second day. You're going to have terrible pains all over your body and even the smallest pinch will hurt you.

After 24hours your mind is gonna be much slower than usual and you're gonna forget shit and will consantly feel as if you're awale in a dream.

If you manage to stay up for 36hours then it get's even worse, you won't be able to focus on anything and even speaking will give you trouble. Not to mention you won't be able to think properly.

This is pretty much what happens without the use of drugs.

Anything more than 4 days will make you a fucking vegetable. It causes severe brain damage which is unreversable and can also be fatal.

15 days is a LOT without sleep. Most i've been able to do was 3 days and that shit wasn't fun. Your body breaks down eventually and you're gonna sleep even if you don't realize it.
>>
>>17572785
Le 5/7 reddit trolling
>>
>>17573802
>"Hey there, smooth skin"
>>
File: red_pill_400x400.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
red_pill_400x400.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>17570340
Sleep is important

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_RwcGzGurc

If you stay in to long bad things happen.

I recommend you watch this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/

observe your surroundings more, there will be subtle but obvious patterns with the way you are thinking and what occurs around you.
>>
I've been awake for 34 hours once and the only thing i did was that i laughed alot
>>
>>17570340

I read something about a teen who went about 12 days without sleep 50 years ago just to prove that it was possible without any permanent damage. He managed to do it, albeit he technically "rested" a lot (as in sitting down or lying down without sleeping) and ate food to keep his energy up.

I'm pretty sure it depends on the person, and what you're doing all that time you're awake. If you conserve your energy well, the only thing that would happen is you'd be cognitively deficient until you get some real rest.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.