[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not much of a believer in the paranormal since I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: The-Fool18.jpg (183 KB, 281x489) Image search: [Google]
The-Fool18.jpg
183 KB, 281x489
I'm not much of a believer in the paranormal since I haven't experienced much of it.

However, a few years ago an Irish gypsy did me a tarot reading. She word vomited countless facts and details about my life she could not possibly have known. Then she predicted my future, in which there were two avenues that lay before me.

Ever since then I can't seem to stop thinking about that day. I've even bought a pack of tarot cards. Sometimes it feels as if they are really communicating with me and on other days it feels like bullshit.

Can I get a variety of opinions from people on tarot?

Share your favorite spreads, tips etc.

Is there anything I can try that can prove their authenticity?

Any theoretical writing on chance, fate, subconscious choice?

What are your spiritual beliefs? How does this influence the way you use tarot? (the gypsy was super catholic and kept talking about guardian angels)

I've tried to tell myself she just cold read me but the things she said were super detailed and accurate. Is it possible she just hypnotized me?

Also:
>be my friend
>encouraged by me to go go get a reading at the same place the following week
>tell her to record the session because gypsy word vomit
>'sure OP'
>my friend leaves her phone on record inside her rucksack
>during session
>'you're kind, you're hard working, you are loved, and YOU'RE ALSO A VERY RUDE YOUNG LADY BECAUSE YOU ARE SECRETLY RECORDING THIS READING WITHOUT ASKING MY PERMISSION.'
>>
File: IrishCross.jpg (17 KB, 379x355) Image search: [Google]
IrishCross.jpg
17 KB, 379x355
>>17556083
regardless of whether you believe in it or not it's still fun to do past life spreads just to imagine it

image is one but there's a better one here: http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1430
>>
>>17556083

>Also:
>>be my friend
>>encouraged by me to go go get a reading at the same place the following week
>>tell her to record the session because gypsy word vomit
>>'sure OP'
>>my friend leaves her phone on record inside her rucksack
>>during session
>>'you're kind, you're hard working, you are loved, and YOU'RE ALSO A VERY RUDE YOUNG LADY BECAUSE YOU ARE SECRETLY RECORDING THIS READING WITHOUT ASKING MY PERMISSION.'
post recording
>>
>>17556137
inb4 ''noooo her voice was weird xD so i deleted it''
>>
>>17556137
yeah of course I don't have it or I would post it.

Don't know the girls anymore but there were two of them and they were both spooked by it.
>>
>However, a few years ago an Irish gypsy did me a tarot reading
Unless this ends with their gypsy friends robbing your house while they kept you busy this story is already clearly fake.

Tinkers don't talk to normal people unless they're trying to steal something.
>>
File: stalin_post.jpg (54 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
stalin_post.jpg
54 KB, 680x583
>>17556163
>>
>>17556165
I actually gave her too much cash for the reading and when I realised and began to take the note back she literally held on to it and we stared at each other for an entire two seconds
>>
>>17556083

>>17556083

>Favorite Spread

It REALLY depends on the situation, but for most readings i find the general four cards an easy and versatile spread.

Of course Celtic cross and other spreads like golden dawn can give you more information.

>Any theoretical writing on chance, fate, subconscious choice?

There probably is, however i have not read anything about it.

>What are your spiritual beliefs? How does this influence the way you use tarot?

I am catholic but i dont really follow the religion too much (maybe i should).

I have met my fair share of brujas and divitioners, they always believe in something. Most of them catholic.

Is there anything I can try that can prove their authenticity?

Is in my humble opinion that the cards them self are not magical in any way. Divination comes from the reader himself.

Cards, Smoke, Crystals those are only tools
>>
>>17556191
is being catholic not contradictory to practicing something occultist?

how can you go from being catholic to using a golden dawn spread, a spread invented by one of the most blasphemic men to exist?
>>
File: 1457551945552.jpg (339 KB, 750x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457551945552.jpg
339 KB, 750x1200
>>17556198

>is being catholic not contradictory to practicing something occultist?

It is against it. Yes.

I come from Venezuela. Here everybody is catholic in ''their own way''. Including me.

People here will go to church in the morning and sacrifice a lamb in the night...

>Natives have their gods
>Spain conquer natives, and converts them
>Natives change their gods names to christian names to avoid punishment.
>Ad african slaves cultures to the soup.

Yeah, its fucked up.
>>
>>17556238
Where is the place which is also a confluent of cultures and people literally worship huge shrines of pop cultural characters alongside demonic gods etc/?
>>
>>17556343
The USA.
>>
File: 343.jpg (42 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
42 KB, 596x628
>>17556348
>>17556348
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.