[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give Yourself Goosebumps - Night of the Nasty Notes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: nastynotes.jpg (104 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
nastynotes.jpg
104 KB, 500x350
Alright, I saw this in the archived Goosebumps thread and it got me thinking. It's not a real story, but what WOULD a book like that actually be like? It's supposed to be a "darker" Goosebumps story, if you're wondering.

Someone mentioned fictional murder scenes of the mom and incestous subtext, but what would you have for the story if you could write it?
>>
The writer should make an effort to copy Stine's style, which isn't hard if you've read more than a handful of his books. It should have cheesy jumpscares at the end of every other chapter, but hints of something sinister lurking in the background. The notes should be generic little kid type insults like "You suck and nobody likes you" or "Everyone was laughing at that outfit you wore to school today" and then get progressively creepier, while avoiding going into Maximum Edgelord territory. The incest subtext could be about the older sister (the one afraid of mirrors) having some fever hallucination (since everyone is sick) and getting "too close" to her MC brother. The mother's murder could also be a fever hallucination.
>>
No writers out there want to give this one a shot?
>>
File: no_replies.png (110 KB, 360x388) Image search: [Google]
no_replies.png
110 KB, 360x388
>>
>>17551687
OP here, sounds about right. I'm interested in especially what the creepier messages might be. Would something like

"Your dog looks okay. Your dog's eyes aren't his. How often has he been with you?"

be too edgy and not creepy? (I'm not saying I'd write the story, I never really read Goosebumps and it'd probably take awhile to do either way.)
>>
>>17553090
>Your dog's eyes aren't his.

I'd change that to something a little more subtle. Maybe like "He stares at you when you aren't looking."
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.