[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ordered this book what should i expect also ayyyy lmao books general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: b03 (1).jpg (68 KB, 972x1461) Image search: [Google]
b03 (1).jpg
68 KB, 972x1461
ordered this book what should i expect

also ayyyy lmao books general
>>
File: 1459204000716.jpg (71 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1459204000716.jpg
71 KB, 540x540
prepare your asshole for a tale of epic proporitons bro
>>
>>17550023
Anything by Richard Dolan.
- "UFOS for the 21st Century Mind" is a good overview of the entire subject for people who are still new to it.
- The two volumes of the "UFOS and the National Security State" series are very much more in-depth, going year by year from 1941-1973, and then 1973-1991 respectively. Dolan's research is academically scrupulous, and his training as a historian is obvious.
- "A.D. After Disclosure" is a very interesting read of what the aftermath of disclosure might be like.
>>
>>17550023
He tells a story about aliums and complains that they fucked him in the ass and didn't buy him dinner
>>
>>17550023
You ordered it, I got it from the thrift store for 99 cents. Which one of us won here?
>>
>>17552001
Neither, I found it sitting on a concrete wall while walking home from high school years ago.

Think I still have it somewhere. >>17552001
>>
File: 3.jpg (57 KB, 409x550) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
57 KB, 409x550
>>17550023
Budd Hopkins' and David M. Jacobs' books like Missing Time, Intruders and The Threat are the best on the subject.

Whitley's good when he's writing about the basic spoopy part of things, but way too often he goes into weird, almost certainly false screen memories, desperately trying to convince himself that the visitors are good guys and his abductions were enlightening spiritual experiences, stuff like that. The second half of Communion is also dragged down by basic UFO lore 1.01 and conspiracy theories you've read a million times before.

If you enjoyed it overall, though,I recommend the follow-up, Transformation. Aliums and "Was it real or not?"-ing aside it's literally one of the best books I read on the subject/theme of fear. Being afraid, living with the fear, and the attempts of conquering it. Even if you're 100% a skeptic about Whitley's claims, some of this story will stay with you. Good stuff.
>>
>>17550023
>also ayyyy lmao books
the fuck?
>>
>>17550023
Very interesting read. Very disjointed story--which makes it more believable. Not saying I believe a word of it--but who knows.
>>
>>17552001
>>17552025
we can all win anon's
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/alien.ufo/Strieber,%20Whitley%20-%20Communion.pdf

hue hue hue

>>17552202
lurk moar dumbass
>>
>>17550023
its fiction but a fun read
>>
>>17552315
Thank you kindly anon.
>>17550023
ayy
>>
The interesting thing is Strieber was experimenting with The Lesser Key of Solomon just before his experiences (have no source for this, i don't remember where i heard this)
>>
>>17552315
no no no, just google memes

who's stupid now huh!
>>
>>17552501
>i don't remember where i heard this

Nowhere, you're mixing things up because he has a book called "The Key"
>>
>>17550023
>what should i expect
to wish you had your money back after reading that boring nonsense
>>
>>17551163
To be fair that is a bit of a scummy thing to do anon
>>
The Andreasson affair is another good book from years ago. Sad thing is, like Streiber, she becomes convinced her aliens are secretly nice guys too.
>>
Anyone hear anything about Sekret Machines yet?
>>
>>17552522

No
The theory behind it was he had the abduction experience as a result of messing around with the Lesser Key. Which would imply the thing he encountered weren't ayys but some kind esoteric beings or someting.

This goes well with the theories of Vallee and Keel. Saying that what people nowadays call aliums used to be demons of fairys etc...
It's our imagination filling up the gaps of something we can't understand.

I think this is one of the most interesting theories about the entire phenomenon
>>
it's fiction, strieber was already an established horror novelist, albeit hitting a bit of a dry spell prior to writing this. pretty good tho
>>
>>17552928
You're also misunderstanding Keel's theory (like many people did back in the day). The ayys/ultra-terrestrials he talks about aren't real beings, he meant it as ideas in culture and the collective psyche.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.