[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worlds.com Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: worlds.jpg (62 KB, 640x335) Image search: [Google]
worlds.jpg
62 KB, 640x335
Post pictures and share stories about Worlds.com!

>What is Worlds.com?
Worlds.com is an ancient 3d hangout program similar to Second Life. It allowed users to create and share their own worlds and models that range from surreal to eerie to downright terrifying.
Now it's mostly abandoned with the exception of a few "regulars" that idle in the main hub silent, watching.
>>
One story I have from Worlds.com is so unreal that I'm starting to doubt if it actually happened. I saw a thread about the game on /x/ sometime around 2011 and got on. Not many people were on, but there was this one regular who followed me around the hub. He would never reply to my questions and would never acknowledge anything that I said.
I explored some of the worlds and noticed his character model flashing in and out around me. Sometimes the lighting and shadows would be disabled and enabled quickly. Something lead up to me being moved to his own private room. It was a sprawling labyrinth with a giant crucified Jesus in the center of it. Bible verses were spammed in chat broadcasted from my username. It was absolutely freaky. It's eerie to think that the entire time I was playing the game he was watching me and messing with me in the distance.
I looked this up and apparently I'm not the only person to have had this treatment
His name was Nexalist or something
>>
File: worlds2.png (734 KB, 1280x636) Image search: [Google]
worlds2.png
734 KB, 1280x636
>>
no thanks. we've had enough of your invitations to attempt to spoop us in a mediocre 3D world from 2 decades ago. get a real job and move it along...
>>
Tbh worlds is filled with random ass people trying to be spoopy, most of them just have private chats...
>>
File: this_shit_again.png (694 KB, 909x608) Image search: [Google]
this_shit_again.png
694 KB, 909x608
>>17549003
>>
I like that Worlds.com is basically LSD Dream Emulator: The MMO. I don't think I'd have the patience to explore it though. Is it easy to find weird shit?
>>
>>17549995

Yeah some of the basic public rooms are creepy as fuck. Like the david bowie world. You can find really weird place if you look hard enough but I can't remember how we ever got there.

Theres also just something creepy some of the harder to get to normal areas. Like shopping centers. It's like how a place is unsettling when you know it was bustling at one time and is now abandoned. It's a great game to go on adventures with randoms in. I remember when /v/ used to do expeditions into it.
>>
>>17549995
Someone made an LSD world
>>17550008
>abandoned
Yeah apart from the 30 people in GZ
>>
File: gh_image5-2-825x510.jpg (40 KB, 825x510) Image search: [Google]
gh_image5-2-825x510.jpg
40 KB, 825x510
>>17550350
The name is Urotsuki, The dude is called Saint on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChYXq-Z-mQycjOnuWY2r-MA

>>17549995
Here's a lonely planet:
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.mediafire.com/view/9n648m5bgo49xxe/Worlds_Research_Papers_GradualDIME.pdf
Here's a worldsmark with a couple of worlds
http://angeleyesesprit.sytes.net/aee/worlds/RoseGZ/groundzero.world#[email protected],-2078.0,150.0,161.0,0.0,0.0,-1.0
A couple of them can't be reached, because a host is missing.

>>17550008
I found Atlantis to be calming/unsettling.
It has a nice atmosphere. You have the feeling you're in an underwater palace and the music is nice too. But when you walk further you realize it is a memory to a marriage.
>>
I've played a lot of ActiveWorlds when I was younger. It was an updated version of worlds, just with more people and slightly better graphics. Last year I decided to go back and everything was so eerie and deserted.
I remember AWs rooms to be mostly normal but when I returned most stuff was kinda dark and spooky.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.