[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been having this issue with how I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Cardinal.jpg (43 KB, 470x317) Image search: [Google]
Cardinal.jpg
43 KB, 470x317
So I've been having this issue with how I'm currently thinking and living right now. Like an existential thing that I can't comprehend, I'll try my best to explain it and if anyone could further my thoughts or insight or anything, I'd like the help.

So people live their life, and what they're living is their current memory, what they know and see, and they also have past memories from their brain, but some memories aren't there and are just black spaces. Then people die, and their entire memory is just black. So my question is why isn't everything black right now? How am I comprehending everything if it's just a memory and my brain should not remember anything. Shouldn't the idea of currently comprehending what's going on around you not exist, and your life just is one flash because when you die it all disappears? And it destroys any concept of past/future lives, or else you wouldn't be remembering this right now either?

This may sound stupid or irrational, but it keep me up sometimes, and I drive myself to a paradox and just give up and stop thinking about it. Any insight, ideas, input or whatever comments you have on this helps, whatever furthers my answers or understanding of this, thanks.
>>
I'll have to think on that but I'd like to put forward my thoughts on existentialism. I subscribe to the many-worlds theory and I honestly believe that our entire existence is completely meaningless. There are infinite versions of yourself and an infinite number of them have it worse than you do and an infinite number of them have it better. You're dead in an infinite number of them. You're alive in an infinite number of them. You only perceive a single reality and that reality is a grain of sand on a beach that never fucking ends. There's a universe where you live a great life and become president and die peacefully, and there's one where you were abused as a kid, raped, had your dog shot in front of you, and shoot yourself at age 14 with your alcoholic father's gun. What the fuck.
>>
>>17517589
I have 0 idea what any of that meant I'm sorry. Been trying to understand it for the past few minutes because I'm used to having weird thoughts like that.

>What they're living is their current memory
How so? Memories are called memories because they're distinct from our present perception. Time allows for instantaneous perception then memory once that perception has passed.

>When people die their entire memory is just black
If that's how you want to think of it. But remember that it's not a lack of memory but a lack of any form of consciousness at all. Our consciousness is not just memories.

>How am I comprehending everything if it's just a memory and my brain should not remember anything?
I don't understand this part.

>and your life just is one flash because when you die it all disappears?
This would only be true if time wasn't a physical thing that our brains are programmed to process.

Maybe what you're grappling with is our conception of time; if our conception of time were different then our lives would appear as only a flash, but our brains are programmed to flow through it linearly and comprehend each passing moment.

Don't know whether that's relevant, further explanation of what you mean would be nice.
>>
I have a weird theory after reading this. What if ghosts/ spirits are the manifestation of memories when someone dies? The only reason I can think of that there wouldn't be trillions of spirits everywhere right now is because they ascend to heaven, pass on, or something like that. Maybe spirits stay here because they were afraid in life of what happens in death? Dunno, random spiel off the top of my head.
>>
>>17517589
Brother, I shall guide you. I too once had these thoughts.

No, I'm no deity or soul or whatever. Just some dude. This isn't some rp bs. I just hate watching those who were once stuck where I was come to the verge of giving up.

I must know though, do you really want your questions answered?
>>
>>17517589
Ask /adv/ or /r9k/, we're not your therapy board.
>>
>>17517915
go to bed you fucking grumpy cuck
>>
File: the_end_of_it_all_.png (762 KB, 786x576) Image search: [Google]
the_end_of_it_all_.png
762 KB, 786x576
>>17517589
All moments actually exist simultaneous. Time is one instant. Existence is an infinite loop. Infinite machines from top to bottom. All is one. One is all. I am you. You are me. God is all. We are God. we are all. All is us. You are the universe. Your life is a subjective slice of the universal consciousness. Relax. There is order. It is inherent in all, and it is evident in all. Observe it by the very fact that reality can and does exist. Sacred order. Glorious harmony. The massive system churns away. Beautiful. When you perceive beauty, you are better seeing God, the white light of truth that permeates the universe. God is all things, but sometimes difficult to perceive. Do not be scared. All is well. No matter what. You are an output, but simultaneously affect the input. A feedback loop of existence. Inherent balance in all things, infinite self-military. As above, so below. As within, so outside.
>>
>>17518443
Nigga u high
>>
>>17517915
loser
>>
>>17518443
That guy got it.

I somehow felt that, I felt this infinite loop.
Just suddenly happened out of nowwhere and I thought I was going crazy for a time. After months I finally feel like this experience is now a part of me, I can integrate into my life.

All is one (even though all of those are just ways to describe something undescribable)

It feels right, I dont understand all those poor people trying to save themselves with religion. Embrace the fear, start falling and notice that falling turns to gliding.
>>
>>17520517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEXVqYgHrsY

A german guy that makes great song, mainly about this theme. This song describes the feeling of something that changed, something that awakened, changed your perception forever.

He also wrote a great book "Der Unsichtbare Apfel" - english "the invisible apple"
>>
>>17518443
*self-similarity
>>
Short answer, depends how you view time.

Any time you have a question of 'shouldn't this happen?' the answer is obviously no, so something is wrong with your premise. I wouldn't say what you're living is your current memory. Your senses are taking information in and that information is being converted into memories.
>>
>>17520517
Yes >>17518443 definitely got it. He was the answer OP was looking for. I wanted to ask, are you OP?
>>
>>17517589
Maybe i can throw a thought or two...
>>Then people die, and their entire memory is just black. So my question is why isn't everything black right now? How am I comprehending everything if it's just a memory and my brain should not remember anything
It's perhaps the moments of passing time by our third dimensional standards and culture, that gives you the ability to comprehend everything, and to realise that black spaces exist, but not at this moment, or any other moment since YOU and YOUR thoughts are in those moments, going with the arrow of time untill it stops for you.
All other variants of your thoughts, and your existance do exist in different space - time reality evolution.but for current you, that i am speaking to, to you that lives in this and only this space and time reality evolution, for this ''you'' all other reality patterns, that other you's went on realising in their own arrow of time with their own minds, epiphanies and thoughts, for this you exists paradox of blackness in thought memory patterns.
i hope you read this, and realise the importance and uniqueness of this time-space reality ''you'', since im one of those who like to light up the darkness in minds, so that you can see.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.