[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this house has people in it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: thhpii.png (783 KB, 1297x725) Image search: [Google]
thhpii.png
783 KB, 1297x725
i looked and didn't see a current thread here for thhpii so here's this. if you're not familiar with thhpii, it's an arg created by alan resnick and his friends of the wham city comedy collective. post your theories/any additional info you think may have been overlooked.

i'll start: in the sculptor's video, he starts off talking about the cardboard base he uses to make his clay sculptures. he says, "we're gonna put the cardboard down, and that makes the base, the foundation. now, if you live in a house, there's a basement, and if you're making something out of clay, it's the cardboard." there seems to be an emphasis on this comparison, with sound effects and such that indicate to me that this is important. the basement or foundation of the house is important. i'm not entirely sure what i think this means yet, but i think that part's been overlooked in previous discussions.

if you have any input or theories of your own, please post them.
>>
also, there are moments in the log videos and also the main video where the subjects repeat numbers and it seems a bit awkward and stands out. for instance, when trying to lift the daughter, the dad says "6,7,6,7". in another video, the parents are in bed discussing a book the mom is reading. the dad asks how many characters have died so far. she says 12. he asks how much of the book is left. she just says 12. and when the sculptor is struggling with lifting his sculpture from the wheel, he says "1" about four times before successfully removing it. i'm digging some more and wondering if anyone else has noticed more instances where subjects say numbers in an odd way. maybe this means something, it's probably not another password or coordinate, since it's been confirmed we have all the info we need in the doc, but numbers obviously mean a lot in this arg so it could be important possibly.
>>
PIZZA
I
Z
Z
A
>>
Alan's wearing the same shirt in the sculptor's video as the mom in Unedited Footage of a Bear
>>
But It's over.

[spoiler];_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>17488073
yeah, sorta, but we can still make theories. plus alan went into the doc and deleted basically everything said that implied this was completely over. i think that we have all the info and content we need but there's still a conclusion we haven't gotten to yet
>>
>>17488073
>>17488080
I seem to recall seeing something about this lasting for awhile longer.
>>
is there some sort of google doc or infographic to get info on the arg anywhere?
>>
>>17488986
http://youtu.be/1Mx7dAAdMqQ
http://youtu.be/fa9Wk-wvXQM
>>
Maybe there is a connection between this and the pieces of the man found through out the interactive house from Unedited Footage of a Bear
>>
I've only seen the main video and not looked at the website stuff, but has anyone suggested and good theories about the video?

What actually happens to subject three at the end, does she just continue falling through the floor?
>>
>>17489474
Refer to the second video of >>17489190
>>
Fuck I'm just waiting for Night Mind to do a video on it. Also where do I see all the videos excluding the hidden ones
>>
>>17489668

Yo, Rebano, you know anywhere the conversation is still alive?
>>
lynks disease turns people to clay
the clay is people who didn't overcome the disease
>>
>>17490324
Its virtually dead, theres some posts here and there. Heres the doc in its final version, unless something big happens
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GJe-slKOUvSIAExOgqn-5CFfPxViIw7n2zC-cBeFFJY/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>>
has anyone watched video 00001 yet?

some dude dressed as sonic laying around
>>
What the hell is this shit?

Why is adult swim making horror films now?

And also why is this film considered horror?
>>
>>17493612
lynk?
>>
What do people think about the door scene?
Where Tom just kind of flops around and his wife doesnt see anything wrong?
>>
Here is another web horror series that you have never heard of
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJyr8ttStDZ-qv_QE_IXcA
>>
>>17494526
Horror is a film genre seeking to elicit a negative emotional reaction from viewers by playing on the audience's primal fears.
This short does it quite well.
>>
>>17494526
>labels something
>asks to define the self-applied label

what the fuck is wrong with you, tardo?
>>
What is Lynks disease?
>>
It's not an ARG. I hate that no one knows what ARGs are now. ilovebees was an ARG. The Beast was an ARG. Colony was an ARG. If there's no interactivity, then it's not an ARG. It's not a game. It's just a creepy/cool piece of art. ffs
>>
Claridryl was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8
>>
>>17498437
If you had looked into it at all you would realise it is an ARG. Look at the doc that has been linked in this very thread, 60+ pages of collaboration.
>>
>>17498439
the worst thing on the internet. i hate these fucking guys.
>>
>>17498452
What?
>>
>>17498454
do you need me to draw it for you with crayons?
>>
>>17498447
I read it and that's how I know it's not an ARG. Yes, it's detailed. Yes, there are things to find. But there's no game here. You will all realize this in a month when you've found everything related to this video and have no where else to go.
>>
>>17498458
No, I need you to write like an adult because your post is vague and makes little sense.
What is the worst thing on the internet? Who do you hate? Pointing towards that video by itself helps very little because there is a lot of things going on there.
And while you're at it you could try be a little more constructive and tell us why think whatever you do.
>>
>>17498469
How was there any more games in the ARGs you mentioned? Also what're you talking about, it's perfectly normal for ARGs to have an end? Unless you're trying to say a month is too little time for an ARG to last, which is just as odd a statement to make.
>>
>>17498486
ARGs are games, not simply puzzles. ilovebees and The Beast had people responding to players, rewarding correct answers and directing the search. They played out like a story; with a beginning, climax and an end/epilogue.

THHPii has everything created and complete on day one, with people looking for more pieces of the puzzle. There's no answer or ending, just a point at which there's nothing left to find. It's not interactive, therefore it's just art. Nothing wrong with that, of course... it's just not an ARG.
>>
File: 564545.gif (988 KB, 248x139) Image search: [Google]
564545.gif
988 KB, 248x139
>>17498476
the video is the worst thing on the internet. i hate adult swim. how much fucking simpler than that can it get? jesus...
>>
>>17498534
But why do you hate it? Do you honestly have no answer to that? I think it's extremely funny and creepy.
>>
>>17498510
OK, thanks for your explanation.
I would agree that THHPII is maybe "less" ARG than some of the examples you gave but looking at that doc I think there are parallels to your requirements for an ARG even if they are slightly more abstracted sometimes. I think it's more than just 'art'. You even mentioned people are solving puzzles.
After looking at the others that would consider this an ARG and some definitions I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
>>
>>17498534
To be fair there were a lot of potential things and people you could have been referring to and I didn't want to make assumptions.
Thank you for clarifying.
>>
>>17498541
ok, sorry. i misread the tone of your "What" post. apologies. i just don't like tryhard stuff like that. all adult swim stuff has that vibe of "look how we're edgy we're being, guise. look how off-the-cuff and deconstructive we're being over here, guise. can you even believe it?" all their shit feels like they've brainstormed it for days in their hipster open-plan offices somewhere even though they try to come off as fresh and different. just needles me their stuff for some reason.
>>
>>17498554
this post is for you >>17498567
>>
>>17498567
Yeah I kinda understand this sort of thinking, so I won't tell you you're wrong for seeing things like that but I'm glad it doesn't bother me too much else I'd have trouble enjoying a lot of things.
In case of "Unedited Footage of a Bear" I personally am a fan of Alan and his other work, so it doesn't so much give off that vibe to me.

Glad we could have this chat.
>>
>>17498567
did you even put forward a criticism here?
"their stuff seems like it takes days to brainstorm in a modern office"
"its original and deconstructive"

its clear you're just a moron who cant understand this kind of thing so it frustrates you that others can
>>
>>17498633
what's there to understand in a fucking viral video? are you fucking kidding me? what, do you think this fucking garbage is godard or truffaut or something? seriously, get the fuck out of here, you fucking clown. moron.
>>
>>17498665
Jesus christ, you're such a twat. It was clearly designed as an ARG, did you not even open the Google doc, or are you just shitposting because you've been proven wrong?

>>17498567
Reminder that Adult Swim was founded by college students. I mean, what else did you expect?
>>
>>17489644
she falls onto a bed the mom and dad set up for her in the basement
>>
Shoutout to Exer Erb for the analysis on YouTube. Like in the ertas thread, fantastic job
>>
Sculptor's clayground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=453wgsWT5Ao
>>
>>17499739
But you see an empty bed at the end.

Couple things I noticed while watching the supplemental material today:

1) the sculptor shows you one of his fingers is burned and on the Lynk's nnewsletter, you see the same finger reaching toward a stove.
2) in x3, they scream when they see the pink guy, but before that they scream in phone logs where they're in two separate places. Could they be linked (lynked?) to the pink guy in some way so they can experience him at the same time in different places?
>>
File: snap1382.jpg (203 KB, 894x559) Image search: [Google]
snap1382.jpg
203 KB, 894x559
Anyone watching the
>Night Mind
vid on this?

Not really caring about the analysis, but in the first 20 minutes he talks about some frames in the main video that I didn't see talked about here
>>
>>17499110
>proven wrong

lol where the fuck was i proven wrong? what are you even babbling about? i said their claridryl video is shit. it is shit. what the fuck has their latest arg garbage and the google doc got to do with it, you stupid fucking drooler? you fucking AS idiots are as bad as the MITD and C2C droolers. you're fucking fanboy idiots.
>>
>>17498567
Do you prefer the typical jumpscarefest that can be found literally anywhere else?
>>
>>17498567
Inane ramblings of a demented hipster. Moving on.
>>
>>17489190
Just go watch Night Mind's complete explaination of it, he already covered it back to front.
>>
>>17493612
b o o m y t h e c a t
>>
>>17505531
>not caring about the analysis
>his analysis on the hidden frames intrigues me!
>>
>>17500746
fuck that fag, Night Mind's presentation and overall analysis was ten times more watchable.
>>
File: 1458407858898.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458407858898.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>17505889
Lol

The videos from Exer Erb are from the week it aired, Night mind's video is from like 2 days ago.
>>
The nightfag fanboyism is so out of hand. Even /x/ drools all over this content piggybacking hog. Why do people need someone to tell them what to think about something they watched themselves?
>>
>>17506204
It's funny you say that, about being told what your perception is, because THHPII, according to Night Mind, is all about perceptions being influenced by an outside force, and being reliant on an someone else forming your own belief system.
>>
The Night Mind video is fucking unbearable. His inflection is so annoying and he takes 10 minutes to make a single point.
>>
>>17505531
Saw the full thing. I think he sums it up perfectly
>>
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 811x68) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 811x68
I'm surprised no one posted this... Alan Resnick left this comment on Night Mind's analysis... Must be a clue?
>>
>>17505621
Pretty much that's what I read too.
>>
>>17506426
I know exactly what you mean.

>>17508018
The plot thickens. I don't think it was over. I think they said this so we wouldn't be hiveminding our investigation.
>>
>>17506204
It's one of the only somewhat more in depth analysis of the video out there right now?
>>
>>17508997
Exer Erb's video sticks with the facts and hes anon, the video was up before the last broadcast
Night mind's video is assumptions and 1 hour long on top of basically taking all our hard work and discoveries and presenting it as himself
Pick your poison
>>
>>17498469
There is the boomy game.
ALso Alan has been hinting there's more to find.
>>
>>17509004
I haven't been following the threads this much, but NM's analisys points out to a lot of missing crucial pieces, like the Clay/Horse Apples analogy, and then he goes far out, saying that Lynk's disease is not real, but based on the discoveries so far, all the evidence points to this interpretation, of course there's more to explain.
>>
>>17508018
Holy shit, I guess it isn't quite over.
>>
>>17509060
To be fair, everything we've had on Lynk's disease has been contradictory, so the interpretation that it's not real, at least to me, doesn't feel baseless.
>>
>>17506204
Dude he gives a deep analysis and he presents what he finds in a neat and professional manner. Exer erb is great for a quick summary of the facts but nm really digs into the content
>>
>>17498534
Then why are you posting in an adult swim thread? No one cares that you don't like something
>>
It's the shit like this that makes me ashamed to be an x]man.

You outrageous fags have been duped again.. i am disappoint
>>
>>17511767
>It's the shit like this that makes me ashamed to be an x]man.
Literally who the fuck are you, and why should anyone give a shit about you being disappointed?
>>
>>17500746
>>17505911
Exer just posted another ARG video, I was there for this one, we got buttdevastated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjl4gHavqSE

Exer its clear youre an /x/pert so keep up the good work anon.
>>
>>17488986
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GJe-slKOUvSIAExOgqn-5CFfPxViIw7n2zC-cBeFFJY/edit#heading=h.hn4lz3jcgp5k
>>
Idk why but Alan Resnick's art feels extremely familiar to me in a weird way. Like it's kind of nostalgic for me but also stuff the back of my head would think about.
>>
>>17488023
>I can say shit 3 times
>>
>>17512259
He's the fucking x]man, guy! Show some fucking respect!
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-17+at+01.42.53).jpg (58 KB, 431x644) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-17+at+01.42.53).jpg
58 KB, 431x644
>>17508018
He's Talking About The R in BIRTHDAY, but where is it?
>>
>>17504729
the "pink guy" is a woman - played by Cricket Arrison (check her Facebook page out), and credited as "family friend" in the short.
>>
I watched Night Mind's video but still don't understand how Madison could have phased through the floor if Lynks was made up?
>>
>>17517157
but in NM the whole point it's that Lynks does not exist and all the supernatural shit actually is a problem that they have with perception, so madison event, pink monster and all the cool shit never happen.
Someone watch alantutorial explained? I think was really great and i'm looking for similar things.
>>
Wait so is he done with AlanTutorial? It's been a year :(
>>
>>17517263
yeah, i will love if that continued. I want this fucker making horror films he will be awesome
>>
I think Nick Nocturne from Night Mind nailed this one down pretty clearly.
>>
>>17517279
Night Mind forgot to mention that the family has a connection to the Sculptor because the Grandmother was recommended the clay from him, and that the family apparently know his ex gf, who they mention in that main short.
>>
>>17517298
The ride never ends
>>
>>17517298
and at some point you can see the grandma enter the house with handcuffs wich implies that she was on jail too and maybe she got some infected clay from there
>>
>>17517279
meh, he stretched the story out too much and some things didn't really blend
I wonder if Exer Erb and Night Mind will ever do a collaboration, exer seems great at summarizing and sticking to the facts and night mind seems great at drawn out hour long explanations, i would love to get them both on the same boat
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.