[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we know if we are still on the real timeline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: 1457210953691.jpg (165 KB, 1002x960) Image search: [Google]
1457210953691.jpg
165 KB, 1002x960
how do we know if we are still on the real timeline
>>
File: dishy.jpg (184 KB, 600x850) Image search: [Google]
dishy.jpg
184 KB, 600x850
>>17504771
i assume everyone left reality a long time ago
at least before 1880

>be me 1880
>nightly ayylmao scans
>newspapers wont talk about it
>finally published and mislabeled tractor beam
>nobody cares
>everyone gets the obama mattress
>tractor beams stop but zombie assassins start pouring out of the colleges and doctors start devoting their life to pro mutilation pro war pro bizarre anti holistic science
>>
>>17504771
Define "real timeline"
What makes this timeline less real than any other?
Consequentially what makes it more real than any other?
>>
There are an infinite number of timelines based on the decisions you make.

Reality is only provable for you.

So who is to say which timeline is the real one?
>>
File: st. pepe.jpg (84 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
st. pepe.jpg
84 KB, 888x1120
berenstein timeline best timeline
>>
>>17504957
>Not being part of the timeline where Little Bear and Franklin had a crossover
>>
Well it's like the center of the universe, innit. As the perspective shifts from person to person so too does the center. I'd imagine timelines work in much the same way, with the correct one being determined by whose perspective is being used.
>>
>>17504987
...I feel like I remeber this..
What time line is this then what the fuck
>>
>>17504771
time is simply a label, for the measurement of movement. if nothing moves, we stop the timeline.
as intelligent beings we found the need to be able to refer to a past placement of atoms (things) to help us describe situations accurately . in the beginning nothing moved, so there was no need for a measurement of movement (time) (timeline) once something moved we needed to be able to refer to where it was prior, so we created time. (time has always existed we just understood it enough to utilize it) but as humans, as we need it, as it stands, should everything including the tiniest atoms stop moving, than so would time . (one could argue well what if we could perceive but not move) this is a dead end arguement though because we would never perceive if nothing would move. (i.e. brain function, energy and synapse moving, flowing, sparking)

Having understood this, it really changes how you are supposed to perceive different timelines, and different "dimensions"

Time needs one thing to exist, a perspective. To one small human he has his perspective timeline of movements. should he leave one dimension and its measurement of movement, and enter ours, he would still have his own little time perspective, (i.e. i was born took a shit, left my dimension came to yours and took a piss, then i died) but someone who has been in our dimension the whole time would say well i learned about the big bang, and how everything got to where it is, then somewhere along the lines i was taking a shit and this guy entered my dimension, and pissed on my shit, then he died.

Its beautiful how personal time is, seeing as how it is simply the measurement of movements perceived by the viewer. a history of movements if you will
>>
>>17504987
>not being on the timeline when power rangers and avengers had multiple cross overs
>>
>>17505465
this can also help people understand how going the speed of light can "slow" time for whatever is going that speed, but not the things around it.

If i am going the speed of light, every single particle in my body is now experiencing an equally spread force that drags upon them (equally) so i am perceiving the outside world as moving at the same usual pace, but my body(particles) (are) is now moving slower due to the fact that i am traveling faster (equally spread force applied). giving me an anti aging affect in its wake.(due to this incredible force slowing my particles down)
>>
>>17504771
all of the time lines are real... until any 1 of them collapse into another time line

if your asking if we are in the original time line then no. of course we arent. the original time line has nothing. no big bang ever happened. every instant in time a new dimension peels away from the original time line and the big bang starts in that moment for the new dimension

just as every instant many dimensions peel away from this one to form new time lines

but some where along the way things started collapsing in not just multiplying
>>
File: protect that ditz.png (782 KB, 691x506) Image search: [Google]
protect that ditz.png
782 KB, 691x506
>>17504771
fucked time "theories" senpai
even according to that one you'd be on the same one you've always been on, so it's the same nature and reality

the past is just memory constantly recorded by the present brain, and the future doesn't exist in anywhere but our imagination
though, if you somehow had a constant knowledge of all matter in the universe and an unlimited ability to calculate shit, you could guess where everything would end up in any amount of time with no fault
>>
>>17505474
Traveling near c doesn't give you an anti aging effect. You age normally still but everyone else ages faster.
>>
File: ......jpg (80 KB, 1360x1020) Image search: [Google]
......jpg
80 KB, 1360x1020
>>17504771
>timeline
>time
>line
>>
>>17504771
If there's more than one, they're all equally real. What you mean is, how does one tell if he is still in his original one. You pretty much can't. There's no way to tell a change in external reality from a lapse in personal memory. The latter is really quite plastic, the former is still a matter of discussion among physicists.
>>
>>17506014
It goes both ways you dinkus
>>
>>17504771
I fucking hate you op
>>
>no Kurisu gf
>no Mayuri gf
>no Rukako [spoiler]bf [/spoiler]

life is suffering
>>
File: 1457282745373.jpg (13 KB, 266x153) Image search: [Google]
1457282745373.jpg
13 KB, 266x153
>>17504987
Wait they didn't in this timeline?

You can't be serious, I thought they did?

The other day I felt everything was really off. Did I seriously complete a jump the other day?
>>
>>17504891
My thoughts exactly.
It all gets very Steins;Gate'ish.
>>
>>17504780

do you really believe mattresses can mind control?
>>
>>17507928
>My memory is wrong about some insignificant detail
>I MUST HAVE JUMPED TIMELINES!!!!!
>>
>>17507558
No it doesn't. Travelling near c does nothing to the cellular "aging" going on in your body. All it does it make time run slower for you than those on earth by a factor you can calculate.
>>
>>17508569
I would imagine that because time is slower, aging slows as well.
>>
>>17504987
>Arthur and Rupert crossover masterrace
>>
They're all real. The question is how do we know we are on the BEST timeline. Every time travel story always shows then going to a worst timeline but what if you went to a better one? What if ours is actually the worst timeline and we are all stuck in this shitshow
>>
>>17505465

bullshit time isnt real.
>>
There is no "Timeline". I'm sick of telling you retards.

It's a concept we use. A visualisation. A model. It doesn't exist outside of our heads.

String theory is bs. Many worlds theory is bs. Both are derivatives of a mathematicians theory which was used to try and prove that gravity was a particle.

Gravity is a field, therefore, the theories can be dismissed.

Protip: Time doesn't do lines.
>>
>>17508994
There is no best timeline.... There are infinitely better timelines no matter which one you are in..
>>
File: 1421052803026.jpg (43 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
1421052803026.jpg
43 KB, 640x443
>>17509072

You're trying to convince mentally ill people that what they believe in isn't real.

Good luck.
>>
>>17509078
If it makes just one person question their world-view then it was worth writing.

If we give up then stupidity will rule. We have to try, anon. This board has so many curious minds that it'd be criminal not to try and point a few in the right direction.
>>
Our concept of time is our brain's modeling of entropy.
>>
>>17508841
>I would imagine that because time is slower, aging slows as well.
no you faggot that's not how it fucking works. 40 years at 99% c is still 40 years of aging for you but a shitload longer for someone on earth (approximately 280 years).

approximately 280 years.
>>
Guys, if we're going to discuss timelines can we at least use the more accepted theory? I'll spoon feed it to the autists naturally.

Short version, timelines aren't created whenever someone makes a decision leading to infinite worlds. Timelines are only created in one of two instances. First, if time travel or 4th dimension beings exist, any alteration to a timeline doesn't really effect it but creates a new timeline with said alteration. Second, is if truly random events (think quantum mechanics) exist, there exists a timeline for every possible outcome of said event.
>>
>>17509110
Entropy and time are just a consequence of thermodynamics bro. They don't exist as actual "things".
>>
>>17509072
To add id like to simply remind everyone that time is a human construct. Not only it does not do lines, it doesnt do anything cause it doesnt really exist besides on our clocks and watches. A generally accepted rythm which allows us to measure the *distance* between events, either the microcosm or the macrocosm. As such it is ridiculous to even assume to go *back in time* or forward or anywhere for that matter. Its like asking existence to stop functioning. (While theoretically you could be able to time travel to the future, by stopping all your bodily functions and awareness {cryo?} and resuming them later, it is a practical joke to ask to go *back* to something that does not exist anymore. Youd have to reverse the physical work the entire existence has performed.
>>
>>17509313
that's clearly what he was getting at
>>
>>17507934

Stains;Gate Master Race
>>
>>17504891
>Define "real timeline"

the first one created would be the real one
>>
>>17507943
bro. coils.
>>
>>17504987
Nice bait I watched that ep before school years ago
>>
>>17504771
Yeah I'm in the right timeline because everything in my life is fucking sweet. I don't require the escapist mindset of thinking my life is fucked because of some reality glitch. Maybe you're stuck in my timeline. Sucks to be you.
>>
Bergstrom Boars masterrace coming through!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.