[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Survey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 500x600
Hey /x/, I'm writing a paper about ghosts for college and I need to have people take a survey. It's short so just bear with me. Thanks guys!

1. How old are you?

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Do you believe in an afterlife?

4. Have you ever experienced supernatural activity? Explain.

5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.

6. If you have, how many experiences have you had?

7. Do you believe ghostly phenomena to be caused by:
A. Spirits of the deceased
B. Psychic or emotional echoes of previous events
C. Electromagnetic interference with the human senses
D. Over exaggeration of normal explainable occurrences.
E. Other _______
>>
1. 22
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. My grandmother keeps saying that my cousin is possessed. She's just an alcoholic.
6 -
7. -
>>
1. 19
2.yes, they are a form of energy just like us
3. Kind of, reincaration.
4. Yes, your basic doors opening by themselves, voices through guitar amps and in recordings as well, orbs in pictures.
5. Yes, sister saw face in mirror once. Mom sees door open by itself. Aunt saw orbs in pictures taken in different time different place but of similar connection.
6.I stopped keeping count
7. All of the above tbqh family
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?
>2. Do you believe in ghosts?
yes
>3. Do you believe in an afterlife?
yes
>4. Have you ever experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
yes, lots, too much to explain.
>5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
yes, many people.
>6. If you have, how many experiences have you had?
too many to list.
>7. Do you believe ghostly phenomena to be caused by:
>A. Spirits of the deceased
yes
>B. Psychic or emotional echoes of previous events
yes
>C. Electromagnetic interference with the human senses
I believe research studies have shown this as a possibility.
>D. Over exaggeration of normal explainable occurrences.
possibly
>E. Other _______
>>
1. 24
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yeah, spooky happenings in a cabin, noises and feelings in house.
5. Yes, mom is superstitious and dad has stories from small town
6. Probably 4 or 5
7. A and B
>>
File: 1431491884263.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1511) Image search: [Google]
1431491884263.jpg
252 KB, 1024x1511
>How old are you?
>27
>Do you believe in ghosts?
yes
>Do you believe in an afterlife?
yes
>Have you ever experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
yes-general phenomena (doors opening, lights flickering, knocking on walls, voices when no one is there, footsteps) shadow people, I've seen a barghest, seen a black entity creep into my closet once, it kind of goes on.
>Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
yes, the most recent would be my roommate would constantly hear me talk/my door open and close, footsteps through the hallway, even the dog thought I was up or home, but I wasn't. mind you I worked third shift, and my mate always got these experiences between 9am-12pm or so.
>If you have, how many experiences have you had?
I don't even keep count, I get a lot of weird shit now and then
>Do you believe ghostly phenomena to be caused by:
>E. All of those answers, really. it tends to be one or more of those things, depending on the time/place
>>
>>17502893
1. How old are you?
Whatever entities they actually are, yes.
I'd like to think that it exists, but there is no way to know. Mediumship and blood magic also isn't necessarily proof, because entities could easily pretend to be someone/something that they aren't.
There is a house in Jonesville, NC that I used to live at where all kinds of unexplainable things happened. I can't give the address, since my father with COPD currently lives there. Handprints would appear on the walls, and footprints on the ceilings (in fresh mud, overnight - and in a child's size, with none living there). Electronics would have voices come over them/etc. Just a lot of weird shit. Glad I moved, desu; it wasn't really 'scary' but was definitely strange. I don't think whatever they are = harmful, but I don't understand why some things would happen. At the very least, it's not like the movies and such.
5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity?
Not really, everyone seems to disbelieve in it, aside from family/friends who experienced things in that house.
I can't really remember the number of times, but it was over the course of a few years (same place).
E. Other _______

Tbh, it could be a combination of things or any of the above. We can *try* to explain it, but it will take a fuckton of studying it to find any kind of proof (if it ever happens). I'd, personally, say E. It would have to be some kind of entity or lapse in timelines. Uncertain, but that is how I explain it to myself. I couldn't tell you what it actually is.
>>
>>17502893
1. 31
2. Yes
3. Mixed opinions
4. Yes
5. Yes- two of my friends who were in the car with me
6. I've had two experiences- during a road trip, two friends and I saw what we think was a UFO. Personally, I've seen a spirit during a ghost hunt in college- no photo proof, unfortunately
7. B
>>
>>17502893
1. Yes
2. Tentatively
3. Tentatively
4. Yes, a few occasions. Just strange happenings, the most direct thing that's been done was having my bed moved upwards while I was on it.
5. Yeah, whole family. I didn't realize how much they'd experienced until very recent years where it's begun to become a more prevalent topic of discussion among us.
6. About four or five
7. B, sorta. I believe it echoes the person, not just the state they died in like some "Grudge" shit
>>
>>17502893
1. 19
2. no
3. no
4. yes, had my bedroom window tapped several times in one night, I thought it was just me but the next day my siblings and my mom told me they heard it. and I saw a ufo once if it counts. Also my neighbors say that my house is haunted, and that they saw a ''ghost'' with blue and red eyes in my backyard.
5. yeah my mom has seen people walk through the hallways in my house thinking it was me or my siblings, only to discover that she was alone when she saw it. Also what I told about my neighbours
6. about 3
7. c and d
>>
1. 30
2. yes
3. no
4. no
5. a few friends who claimed to have seen shadow figures, some friends, family, and coworkers who claimed to see ghosts
6. n/a
7. All of the above, the more harder to explain cases are probably some phenomenon we can't measure with our current technology
>>
>>17502893
I'm taking a psychology class, and for a survey to be truly representative of the population, there must be random sampling. Posting a survey on a paranormal board is not random sampling, as most people on this board believe in some form of spirit or ghost thing, which is why they are on here. There is a higher saturation of believers here than on other boards and websites.

DO NOT use the results you get from this survey. They are not truly representative of the population. When your college sees your source for the survey IF you use it, they will laugh in your face.
>>
2.yes
3.yes
4.yes, ranging from clairaudience to interacting with superphysical entities - you know, seeing spirits and trying to work stuff with them
5.yes, some people doing out of body-things, others claiming mediumship, some clairvoyance
6.i dunno, more than i care to count - also it'd be difficult to really draw a clear line as to what counts as supernatural - say you do a mantra for a specific deity and visualize this, at what point does the experience become supernatural if you a. feel the deity is subtly hinting at something or b. the visualization takes on strange, unwilled twists like words or symbols appearing outta nowhere or c. you are taken out of your physical body to visit krishna in krishnaland - where do you draw the line between "supernatural" and "natural", when dealing with ultimately intrapsychic stuff? just saying, it ain't necessarily so simple
7. e. because it's perhaps not a single cause that can be attributed to all phenomena you categorize as "ghostly". jung had some fancy word for what happens when cumulated psychic tension is suddenly released... also spirits b real, and there are many types and sorts, not just the dead people, and sometimes they do things
>>
>>17502893
1. 20
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes, a friend who claimed to hear the voice of a ghost through a ghost-locating app. This is pure absurdity, of course.
6. None
7. E. Wicked people who were not good enough for Heaven and not wicked enough for Hell are bound to Earth as disembodied spirits until the end of the world
>>
1. 37
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes. I have met a woman claiming to be a White Spider member, and I have seen her levitate small objects with her mind. I checked for wires, and none were present.
5. The aforementioned woman and a ghost-tracking team.
6. Two. The levitation, and ten minutes of blindness that occurred after being "cursed" online. My doctor couldn't explain it.
7. A
>>
>>17503214
It's not for my masters thesis or anything. It's just a bullshit assignment for ENG 2010, so it's not a huge deal.
>>
>>17502893
>It's short
Follows up with 7 questions, 2-3 of them being essay questions...
>this ain't for a grade? Fuck off
>>
>1. How old are you?
Something like that
In the sense that time is not as linear as it appears, yes this is a possibility
Yes. I never noticed much until after playing with a ouija board at 13. That sparked a lot of activity around my home; I would describe it as poltergeist activity. Sometimes the behaviors seemed more obnoxious than intelligent
>5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
Yes! I live in the South (USA) and everyone here has had at least one creepy thing happen. It's not an outright topic of conversation but usually people will open up to me about it once they know I won't dismiss their experiences
It really depends on where I am. Honestly can't quantify. Innumerable at my childhood and precious residence. Absolutely none where I live now.
Truly to me it seems to be a consequence of all these possibilities. The only energies which seemed fairly intelligent or familiar to me were of my cat and dog. All the rest seemed random and really quite disruptive. I think most ghosts are like astral parasites which can latch on to emotional imprints of actual happenings, leading to an appearance of an identity. Aside from that most happenings seemed like nonsensical bursts of attention seeking. So maybe an entity of this nature gets something out of scaring us, maybe our fear and confusion is tasty to them

That's my best guess even if it does sound silly.
>>
1. How old are you?
>21

>Sceptical either way

>Sceptical either way

>No

5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
>Yes
>Family member claims to have gotten experiences through the use of a Ouija Board.
>General stories about seeing spirits

E. Other ___
>Could be any of these and more.
>>
>>17502947
50?
>>
>>17502893
>Hey /x/, I'm writing a paper about ghosts for college and I need to have people take a survey. It's short so just bear with me. Thanks guys!
>1. How old are you?
at times
no, although i want to
yes, heard obscure yet human like growls inside an old homes bedroom, then felt an electic like shock as my phone on flashlight mode was pushed from my hand
no
one
E. all of the above really
>>17502893
>>17502893
>>
>>17503408
There are old people in the internet too, kiddo.
>>
>>17503165
STOP REPLYING UNDERAGE B&
>>
>>17502893
good for you lol.
>>
>>17503418
I know that, just haven't seen anyone that old anytime recently on 4chan, especially not on a role playing board.
>>
>>17503418
kek
>>
>>17502893
2.No
3.No
4.Multiple cases of synchronicity, objects seeming to move of their own accord, dreams predicting real future events.
5.Yes. Too many examples to share. Ghosts, aliens, ouiji boards, tarot, horoscopes, all sorts of stuff.
6.Too many to ennumerate, but none of them significant enough to single out.
7.B, C, D, and E.
>>
>>17502893
1. 26
2. I'm not sure.
3. I'm not sure, but I hope there is one.
4. No.
5. Yes. My says that when I was a baby, a weird undulating frilled snake-like creature about a foot long floated into our house through the living room window. It moved kind of like a fish, like it was swimming through the air and was slightly translucent. It "swam" down the hallway and into my room. Then it swam through the glass of the window there and just flew away.

My dad claims to have had an epiphany/enlightenment moment when he was in university where he viewed the world around him slowed down and explained in extreme detail by God.
6. None
7. Mostly, I believe supernatural events are over exaggeration of normal explainable occurrences. However, I'm willing to believe that something supernatural may exist, although it may be unknowable or undetectable to science somehow.
>>
You should make a surveymonkey account and do it that way.
>>
File: and then I got high.jpg (401 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
and then I got high.jpg
401 KB, 1600x1200
>>17502893

1. How old are you? 23

2. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes

3. Do you believe in an afterlife? It will be whatever it will be, not too scared though.

4. Have you ever experienced supernatural activity? Explain. When I was a little, I lived in a haunted how, we found human remains in the sandbox outside, and for some reason only my brother/mother would hear the little demon running down the hall. It posed as a little girl, but it wasn't. I had experience of feeling like I am being watched, and it would play with my pokemon figurines.

5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain. My mother has seen a little girl spirit in a church with her boyfriend. She also has had bad experiences with the house I talked about before, she was touched physically by it one morning, and it was cold and sapped her energy. She heard the running of a kid outside her room as well.

My mother also has a friend who was a white witch, and could cleanse houses of demons, or spirits. Even though she fiercely believed that all spirits are demons, I believe not all of them are, but maybe they are different kinds, not evil, but chaotic.

6. If you have, how many experiences have you had? 2 including my old house, but the other was in my moms new apartment. One night the entire house started to shake, and it wasn't earthquake or hurricane. Also the energy in the room was electrified, nothing ever happened, but it was an amazing non frightening experience.

A. Spirits of the deceased : Not so much
B. Psychic or emotional echoes of previous events : some of them yes
C. Electromagnetic interference with the human senses : Sometimes it can be
D. Over exaggeration of normal explainable occurrences. : its called debunking, and I and my mother have debunked anything that couldn't have been just objects rattling with an old house.
E. Other : I want Yokkai to exist (fuck that video game)
>>
>>17503344
Well that's good. At least its not for anything big.
>>
1. How old are you?
>26

>No

>No

>No

>Yes

>N/A

>>
1. 22

2. Y

3. Y

4. Y. Daily experiences.

5. Y. Some of my friends.

6. Lost count.

7. E: It depends on the situation.
>>
>>17502893
1. 26
2. I'd like for them to exist
3. Sure
4. I saw a weird blue ball of flaming light once.
5. Yeah and most of the time it seems to be exaggerated
6. 2, one of which I believe was real
7. A, B, C, D, and E: So many possible explanations.

Sorry OP, I'm agnostic. From God to ghosts, I have no idea and no opinion beyond a passing interest.
>>
>>17502893
All of my answers are no.
>>
1. 25
2. Yes, as in they are real.
3. Very much so.
4. Yes, I am a Christian.
5. Yes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Church
6. Daily, pretty much 24/7. I think that much of the atheist propaganda which downplays the supernatural is propaganda. These are only my personal thoughts, however.

7. Probably all of the above. I also, based on experience think that "ghosts" have something to do with the evil of the world, and the hell. I think that when Christians die, they do not die, but are still alive which is different from being a ghost.

All things are through God though.

Visit St. Augustine, Florida! It's a very haunted city! (really)
>>
>>17504224
St Augustine is fun. I wanted to move from Tallahassee to there for school. But head up to Savannah. The vibe there is less touristy and a little more dark.
>>
>>17502893
1. How old are you?
Yes
Yes
Not personally
Multiple friends have had experiences with spirits, one friend thinks she was possessed for a period of time
None
E. Other ___All of the above____
>>
>>17504245
ah that's awesome.

Georgia is a very peculiar state, lots of land that time has probably forgotten. i've been there more than once, spent some time in downtown atlanta
>>
>>17504262
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolomoki_Mounds
>>
>>17504262
My family there are all into ghost shit and urban legends. Turns out the more religion you have the darker thing become.
>>
1. 19
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes; I personally don't remember but my mom recalls me being around 2 years old having a full on one-sided conversation in the backseat of the car. I wasn't talking to myself, I was pausing with appropriate amounts of time between what I was saying. Mom asks who I was talking to. I say my grandfather (he had recently passed). Mom's friend in the passenger seat starts freaking the fuck out, eventually we get to where we were going and get out of the car. I pull my mom aside and tell her that my grandfather told me to give something to her. I hand her a dime. My grandfather used to collect dimes.
5. My grandmother has seen and heard echoes of my grandfather walking down the stairs of their old house. My mom has heard echoes of our old cat jumping down from the bathroom sink. My dad had a dream shortly after one of his friends died of getting a phone call from his friend and the friend saying he was happy now and thanking him for his friendship when he was alive.
6. Just the one. There miiiight have been one when I was in girl scouts (camping one time we all believed we made contact with and sent to the afterlife several children rumored to have burned to death) but I think that was just our imagination desu
7. A and B
>>
Yes
No
Not really
I'm not sure if it counts as supernatural, but my sister swears up and down that our gran brought herself back from the brink of death just in time to see her first great-grandchild born. Also she says another of our relatives claimed to be a psychopomp, who say our gran over to the other side when she passed.
N/A
I believe that ghosts are impressions left by the soul. Some places have their owners personality stamped in it so deep, that the impressions last even after death.
>>
>>17502893
/x/ doesn't exist to help you with your homework. Go away.
>>
>>17503418
yeah on facespace, tweeter, yahoo

kidding i've seen a ton of people past 40 on boards other than /b/
>>
>>17502893
when the drugs kick in but you still blazin.jpg
>>
File: 1458165469769.jpg (66 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
1458165469769.jpg
66 KB, 720x537
2.Yes
3.Yes, but not heaven and hell
4.Yes, some would dismiss it, but it was real to me. I worked at an old motel on the side of route 33 in Ohio. I worked the night shift from 6pm - 6am. I worked alone no one around for miles, I would constantly hear someone call my name, and lights go on and off by them selves. Same with doors, they would open and close without anyone being near them.
5.Yes, my mom says she has seen my grandma a few times since her passing. I don't bring it up too often because it really upsets her.
6. I would say a hand full. All in the hotel I mentioned previously.
7.Both A and B
>>
>>17502893
1. 12
2. what is this?
3. what is this?
4. what is this?
5. what is this?
6. what is this?
7. E. Other what is this?
>>
File: matrixfrog.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
matrixfrog.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>17502893

1. 21

2. Not in the traditional sense, no.

3. Same as above.

4. By definition, nothing supernatural exists, since nothing exists outside of nature, but yeah, I've dealt with some weird
shit

5. Yes, whole family and a few friends. Religious experiences, and local urban legend stuff. I don't believe most of it.

6. That time I woke up alone with a three-legged stool balanced on one leg in front of me, an incident of missing time when I was a kid and spent 'all night' (it felt like 5 minutes) staring at an owl oustide my window, and another time I saw a UFO above the same house where the stool thing happened.

7. A mix of C and A
>>
OP what exactly are you using our info for? I mean it can't be very useful asking here. And if you were doing a real survey you could just ask people around you. I mean autism speaks but you don't seem to have it. I'm assuming that you're in college here. If you're underageb& then I understand reaching out this way
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 870x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 870x1024
1. 21
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. Not anything super intense, just feelings in old houses of being watched and seeing shadows in the corners of my eyes.
5. Yes. I have two friends who have medium/sensitive capabilities and a friend who lives in a haunted house.
6. Not many. Maybe less than 10.
7. A and C
>>
>>17502893
>short
>more than 3 questions
I'm out nigga
>>
>>17502893
1. 21
2. No
3. Not sure. I suppose it's possible but I don't believe in heaven or hell
4. No.
5. Yes. My mother (who is mostly rational and isn't the kind of person to make stuff up), several other close relatives, some friends. My paternal grandma who lives in the mountains is also locally known there as a white witch, can see ghosts, and can accurately predict a baby's gender without technology. I'm not close with her though. I can't even speak her dialect.
6. None.
7. D
>>
>>17502893
[Yay! I get to contribute to something!]
1. How old are you?
- Yes
- Sort of. I believe our souls cycle through and we are born again.
- Yes. And I have too many stories to put on one survey. Basically dealt with spirits, things going missing and reappearing which may NOT be spirits, and an out of body experience while I slept
Yes. Friends. Family. Random people. Various things. Usually seeing spirits. One guy claimed he could take in your negative energy and could sense it in people that they need help. He had a big white crystal no one could touch.
- I would say well over 50 - 100
(E.) Other (ALL OF THE ABOVE)
>>
>>17502893
1. 36
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes. My college dorm was haunted, my college auditorium was haunted, my previous house was haunted, I think it may have followed us to our current house, and I had an Ouija board work when I used it by myself.
5. Loads of people. Too much to get into.
6. I explained this.
7. A and E: demons and other entities
>>
File: Supa Scared.jpg (44 KB, 357x370) Image search: [Google]
Supa Scared.jpg
44 KB, 357x370
>How old are you
>Do you believe in ghosts
yes
no
>Have you experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
I've experienced shit since seeing apparitions, hearing stuff, doors closing opening, saw stuff moving, etc.
>Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
Well, basically my whole family (grandparents house is basically haunted) and some of my friends who claim to also have had experiences with the supernatural
Dunno, haven't actually counted.
All of them actually, Most of them are over exaggerations according to me
>>
>>17502893
1. 18
2. Maybe
3. yes
4. no lmao
5. My roommate thinks she has had out of body experiences
6.N/A
7.A,B,C and D
>>
1. How old are you?
>21

>Yes

>No

>Unsure. Have lived in 9 different places throughout my childhood. In one, I'd frequently hear a feminine voice that was unintelligible and crying, and would sometimes sound like it was on my head. Never heard it again after moving to the next home.

>Yes. Have a friend who's family was in denial of the possibility that there may be some kind of energy in the house until one day they were all watching TV and a pair of nail clippers flew off the coffee table.

>Probably 0, but if they were actually paranormal then about 3.

>D
>>
>>17502893
1. 20
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, i was outside in the driveway of an old mansion that was said to be haunted with a handful of other people. Started with slight noises from the bushes and the stones on the driveway which i dismissed as the wind, then a lot of the people including me began hearing children giggling in the bushes, one of the people checked the bushes but there was nothing to be seen, then the temperature started to drop and rise like crazy causing me to sweat and freeze at the same time, i started to get really nervous and looked around and when i looked into the windows of the mansion there was a tall black figure standing there, it disappeared, then i heard the single most horrifying noise i have ever heard, i cant really explain what it sounded like it was just horrifying, i felt someone pushing me hard and i fell to the ground, then i felt something entering into my mind and i felt paralyzed or that i was'nt in control of my body for a minute or so where i began hearing noises in my head, the others said i lay at the ground murmuring gibberish and twitching with a blank look in my eyes. The only thing i remember from that short time was a lot weird noises in my head and that i wanted to kill everyone. Then i just sat up again and felt normal, everyone looked weirdly at me with a scared and concerned look in their eyes. They decided to leave but for some reason i wanted to stay a little longer looking around, then i heard someone running in the stones in the driveway with no one to be seen, i panicked and bolted, then we all got the fuck away from there.
5.Yes, my uncle claims to have had his kids wake up in the middle of the night screaming saying someone was in their room, he and his girlfriend have also woken up around 3AM covered in sweat. They also say they have felt like they were being watched.
6. One
7. All of them
>>
>>17502893
Ghost college?
1. 23
2. yes.
3. yes
4. yes, when i was 13 we moved into a haunted house.
5.yes, my father and sister. see previous answer.
6. too many to count.
7. A and E: negative energy trapped on this plain.
>>
>How old are you
>Do you believe in ghosts
nope
couldn't really say
>Have you experienced supernatural activity? Explain.
my shaving cream once slid across a table by itself, outside of that, no
A lot of my friends say they're houses are haunted but don't take it too seriously, I'd say it's like a latent realization it's not real.
one-ish? closer to zero
D.
>>
File: edliakolli_5282667.jpg (343 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
edliakolli_5282667.jpg
343 KB, 1600x900
>>17502893

1. 27
2. Yes, but I don't know what they are
3. Yes
4. Not really
5. My mom and aunt saw a man appear and disappear in an old house when they were younger.My mom also had a dream where her friend died in a car accident, and he really died in a car accident the next day. My brother and his friend also saw a shadow person on a road one night.
6. none
7.Maybe all of them, it depends on the situation.
>>
File: fernguyll.gif (447 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
fernguyll.gif
447 KB, 500x269
>1. How old are you?
unsure
no
no
yes, a few actually. Friend A has told me that she has reoccurring dreams where she is abducted by aliens. but this seems to be a more ghost-centric thread, so i won't really go into that.
Friend B has a nephew (about 5) who has supposedly seen/spoke to their deceased grandfather. The grandfather died before the nephew was born, and his family never really talked to him about it. However, it the middle of the night, the nephew would just suddenly sit up, and start talking, as if he was having a conversation. when his parents asked what he was doing, he just said that he was talking to Grandpa WhateverHisNameWas. this happened a few times. another time, he randomly started talking to no one when he was alone in the family room, and his mom was in the kitchen. again, when his mom questioned him, he gave the same response. she decided to tell her that grandpa was "no longer around" but right after she said that, a picture of grandpa that she kept on the wall FLEW off.
n/a
A, C, D
>>
1. 16
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Can't recall anyone
6. ...
7. ...
>>
File: 2001-08-Milk-Hill-England.jpg (159 KB, 706x680) Image search: [Google]
2001-08-Milk-Hill-England.jpg
159 KB, 706x680
>>17502893
1. 21
2. no
3. no
4. no
5. no
6. 0
7. I haven't seen anything that would prove to me, that any ghostly phenomena is ever caused by anything.

Open to being proved wrong. I'd love to see a ghost. A friendly one.
>>
File: downstreet.jpg (113 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
downstreet.jpg
113 KB, 612x612
>>17502893
2.yes
3.in sorts
4. yes (pic related, not fog or anything like that i live in Phx, Az. no weird weather other than heat) i was part are a group that went "ghost hunting" too many stories to list now
5.yes, the lead guy in the group Eddie was possessed his possession was on a show aired on Discovery channel a few years back
6. too many to count
>>
>>17506568
You sound like the kinda person who could try and make me a believer in ghosts.

What you got?

...something more convincing than that photo you just posted.
>>
>>17502893
1-57 ,2-no, 3-yes, 4-no,5-yes(I think they were stoned),6-0,7-D,
>>
>>17506572
yeah the pic sucks i cant find the original sadly the one i found is the one i posted on instagram with a stupid filter, i my self dont have and of the images or clips we got going out on our hunts but i have tons of first hand stories
>>
>>17506572and thats a pic i took outside my house a few days after a really weird hunt we were on i just had an uneasy feeling like maybe i was followed home took like 20 pics that was the 12th in the set
>>
>>17502893
i forgot # 7 i dont know it could be any or all of those
>>
File: 1458275062283.jpg (147 KB, 1220x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458275062283.jpg
147 KB, 1220x1280
>>17502893
1. 24
2. I believe it's likely that "inter-dimensional begins" pop in and out of our reality from time to time.
3. Not in the traditional sense. I think there is a chance that our consciousness survives death. What that necessarily means - I'm not sure.
4. I had spontaneous out-of-body experiences (with vibrations as a precursor) from ages 19-23.
5. My parents claim that three "ghosts" visited them in their bedroom in the late 90s. My mother saw them first-hand, and my father claims to have dreamt vividly of the same ghosts that same night.
6. 5 or 6 out-of-body experiences.
7. E. I think emotion probably plays a big part of it, as in, if you have the right mind-set, you're more susceptible to paranormal experiences. If ghosts are indeed real, I think they're beings from an alternate dimension, whose vibrational frequency is slightly higher than ours (i.e., they seep in and out of our physical world - perhaps after death our consciousness survives to their dimension?).
>>
>>17502893
1. 21
2. Hell yeah.
3. Hell yeah.
4. Nah.
5. Yup, my aunt. Actually two of them.

First aunt: a window opened as if it was pushed by an angry adult. No wind whatsoever, nobody around. It wasn't long after my father died. She owed him money.

Second aunt: felt somebody stroke her shoulder in the middle of the night. She woke up the following morning to find her father dead.

6. See 4.

7. I don't know obviously, and I think nobody knows for sure. But I believe they're spirits of the deceased and, in some cases, demons.
>>
1. 29
2. no
3. no, human beings tell stories about that because they are scared of death
4. yes, poltergeist type shit, shared sightings of unnatural things we could not explain, and a couple of noclip incidences
5. I dated some crazy chick who said spirits speaking latin or something gathered in her bedroom at night and thought she could talk to trees. she said trees felt warm to the touch and told me I was an ancient spirit born into human flesh (????)
6. (?????????????)
7. If I knew I'd have written the book and made my millions already. probably just some function of the natural universe that we don't understand yet
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?
I'm prone to, but I don't really believe in them.
Yes, in a kind of scientific way that I think we'll never get to know. Kind of, nothing supernatural, but just the latest fuckery in body technology.
>4. Have you ever experienced supernatural activity?
No.
>5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity?
No.
No.
No.
Maybe.
Yes.
>E. Other
Some interdimensional crazy stuff like that.
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?

Overall, no, I want to.

Overall, no, I want to.

Yes, I had a dream about my deceased Grandmother. My two Aunts were present in the dream. Talking to them about it later, they had a dream about her in the same location. My Uncle and Mother described a dream in a different location (and again, they were not present in my dream).

Yes, most people I know believe in some sort of paranormal activity, my Mom has a few stories.

Roughly 3-4

E. Other _______
Mostly D, but I also believe our minds are designed to see things that aren't necessarily there.

I know I sound overly realistic and rationale, but I think it is still important to keep my eyes and mind open to such things. Honestly, I love paranormal stuff.
>>
>>17502893

>1. How old are you?

No

Only death will tell, no sense worrying about such now.

Unsure if supernatural or just a temporary mind break.

Tldr version is: woke up at 3am with amnesia, basically thought I "was" the number 3 before I even looked at a clock.
Everything was just so unreal, didn't feel right at all, just completely disassociated from body and mind.
3 hours pass, 6am I finally start to "wake up" and remember who/what I am.

No, the majority do not waste time on such trivialities as they only seek to be entertained.

3, this is a very important number to the experiences.
All involved the number 3.

>E. Other _______

E: Currently their exists no true explanation/record of the paranormal.
Most are faked/RP but a very small percent may be plausible.
>>
>>17503418
Hey, less of the old, grandad. 50 is the new.. whatever, I forget, the old memory...
>>
>>17502893

1. How old are you?

Yes

Yes

Yes. Spontaneous foreshadowing, dream premonitions, sleep paralysis WITH injury (freddy crugger style, I got actually injured and got a scar from the presence I saw), moving objects, and an ufo sighting.

Yes. Some events I've experienced have occurred in company of family members. Including the time when I got the injury (a scratch) from the sleep paralysis. (And no, no means to have provoked it) Also, they (my family) have a long story of peculiar occurrences on their old home back at my birth country.

Around a dozen times in total.

E. Other: pure energy and multiple layers of reality overlapping.

This may sound all gooogoo but, After all these experiences, I am open to believe.
>>
1. How old are you?
Yes
Yes
Yes. Dreams, and sometimes I saw shadows and lights.
No
All my life. Many times
I think A and B,
>>
1. How old are you?
Yes
Yes, or atleast in auras
Yes. When cousin was hit my a car my family was asleep and then out of nowhere in my mums room the t.v turns on to the wrestling channel, and none of us watched it. The next morning we found out he had died that night, and he loved wrestling, Same thing when mums aunt died, my mum woke up and saw a rocking chair rocking at the foot of her bed.
mfw we dont own a rocking chair
Mostly just shit with family
many, mostly every year new stuff happens. remember me and ex were doing a Ouija board and nothing happened but when I went to go put it away in my room (basement no windows) all of a sudden my body mirror crashed and fell, shattering. I wasn't even on that side of room ,and he was in my kitchen
E. Other _______
All of the above, depends on the spirit.
Pic related, found behind my dresser. dont know who or what put it there
>>
>>17502893

yes

yes

yes, growing up my uncle randy's house was always fuckin' haunted. going to sleep and waking up with all the pots and pans arranged in a circle, tapping on the door and windows at night, cabinets opening and slamming, even times when me and my sister were in the living room watching tv with Randy

yes, i.e my sister and my uncle randy, as well as a few other friends

I'd say everytime id stay the night at his house, which was when I was younger and I couldn't begin to count the times i stayed the night there (our uncle had a lot of land me and my sister, and cousins liked to go and mess around on during the summer.)

a
>>
>>17506782
a little young to be on the site, aren't we anon? I guess I can't complain, it shows that even when the old fags leave there is still fresh newfriends always.
>>
>>17502893
1. 21
2. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. yes, my mother swears by her last drop of blood that many yaers ago, while she was staying in a old house, late at night, she felt but didn`t saw someone siting on her bed.
6. none
7. A
>>
>>17506810
Yeah. Now look at this board. I remember when there were at least 3 topics that interest me. Now there's one every week. It's just shit posts, divination, magic, and various retarded threads that mostly bring up old shit that has already been answered.
>>
>>17502893

1. How old are you?

Unsure. I don't know enough to have an opinion.

No.

Yes. A lot. I see will-o-wisps often, normally balls of blue plasmas. I experience premonitions frequently. When I was 8 I watched a strange woman walk through my house with a dog (ghostly encounter).

Yes. I'm the most recent sensitive in my family. My mother has worked as a medium.

15+?

B, C, D and E.

I'm looking into multiverse theory and to how the dead might reverberate in close realities.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>17502893
1. How old are you?
yes
yes

yes, jewish ghost in my house constantly being mopey, looking out of windows, sometimes sitting, scaring neighbors.

5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity?

Yes, father. Trapped in spatial loop. Got out by pissing on statue/phylactery of ghost.

one for sure, maybe more, don't remember.
meh
maybe
rarely
mostly
E. Other _______
>>
>>17502909
edgelord fedora collector detected
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?
18 years old.
Unsure. But the thought of them frightens me.
Yes.
No.
Not experienced, but witnessed; my mom went to a catholic gathering and there was this girl who was diagnosed as blind, but she could somehow see. Personally, I don't believe it, but my mom's not a liar.
>7. Do you believe ghostly phenomena to be caused by: A, B, C and D. C is a kind of cool theory, that some paranormal phenomena or auditory and visual hallucinations can be induced by people (government agents, whatever) by emitting waves of some sort.
>E. Other _______
>>
1. How old are you? 26

2. Do you believe in ghosts? no

3. Do you believe in an afterlife? no

4. Have you ever experienced supernatural activity? Explain. no

5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity? Explain. not really

6. If you have, how many experiences have you had? 0

7. Do you believe ghostly phenomena to be caused by: D
>>
>>17502893
I'm 26.
I don't believe in ghosts.
I don't believe in an afterlife
I've experienced "supernatural occurrances" but they can be explained away fairly easy.
I know plenty of people with supernatural stories. I'll repost a green text experience from my mom having to do with angles.
The only experiences I've had were in dark rooms or basements where the mind tends to play tricks on you.
Ghostly phenomena is caused by the mind playing tricks and infrasound.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160325-222247.png (524 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160325-222247.png
524 KB, 1440x2560
>>17510351
I posted this one a few years back on an angel thread, but this is my mom's story with her paranormal stuff.
>>
>>17502893

1. 22
2. No
3. No
4. Yes. Fuck you.
5. Yes. Fuck you.
6. 1
7. E: "ghostly phenomena" means something we don't understand yet.
>>
>>17510374
Should be said that it's her story, but with a few things changed. The angel part is real. But the song part isn't. The man she saw outside of the store didn't speak to her at first. But when she saw him on the side of the road he was smiling over her. I thought the song she was listening to at the time of the accident was too good to pass up embellishment.
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?

not sure

no

no

Yeah. My mom claims to have seen her dead grandmother standing in her hallway as a child. My grandfather claimed to have seen sphere shaped UFO.

n/a

possibly
>>
File: Samsung 1 133.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Samsung 1 133.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
bump
>>
>>17502941
> voices through guitar amp
What did they say?
>>
>>17502893
1. 19
2. Unsure
3. Unsure
4. Kind of. Not so much seeing tables moving and spooky demon faces but sensing energy and vibes
5. many people. My mom said she used a ouijia board and a gooey substance appeared on the board lol?
6. Don't know
7. Both d, and things we don't understand. If we had an explanation we wouldn't be taking this survey
>>
>>17503214
Dude it's probably for a 200 course
Actual psych GRADUATE here to say that professors don't give a shit about this in the lower level psych classes. They just want you to get the general idea to practice for legitimate research. These assignments aren't getting published
>>
>>17502893
no I'm on this board for the horror stuff
no
no
yes, various people claim various bumps in the night are ghosts, no posessions or anything that would make me even consider it.
no
no
>>
>>17502893
1. 20
2. Not really
3. Yes
4. My ex-girlfriend led me on a wild goose chase involving something called a "leech"
5. My ex-girlfriend. She's unstable.
6. Nothing beyond what my ex claimed was paranormal.
7. I have no idea, though I'd probably go with the fourth choice (D.)
>>
Still looking?
1. 24

2. Yeah

3. Complicated, but short answer is yes.

4. Plenty, most notably in the form of what I assume were ghosts / spirits. Most recently walking home after working a night shift, a guy crossed the street ahead of me, walking behind him probably 9 meters or so, he walks behind a row of cars along the sidewalk. I step onto the sidewalk directly behind him and when I look up he's just gone. Not behind any of the cars, and there weren't any alleys to duck into.

5. Yes, my brother claims he has experienced contact with (in his words) "demonic entities".

6. I've lost count. More than ten.

7. No clue. I'd choose "E: all of the above." if I had to make a concrete choice.
>>
>1. How old are you?
To an extent, yes
I do, but I refuse to believe in heaven/hell or reincarnation
I stayed at my grandpa's house over the summer. Often at night I hear footsteps in his room. Clear footsteps, can't be mistaken, not even cat or dogs. When I asked why he stayed up so late, my grandpa simply said it wasnot him, but he admitted there is (are) spirits under his roof
My grandpa has a history of encountering supernatural activities, including possession, haunting,... He work close with the church and often take part in exorcism
3 so far. Not enough to convinced me yet.
>>
>>17502893
1. 27
2. No
3. No
4. Yes, when I was a kid there was this dark small being that I can only describe as a "mummified remains" that I keep seeing at the corner of my eye. Then one time I was sleeping with my head down on the table and a dark thin bony hand grabbed my foot. I never saw it again after I kicked it away.
5. Many, but I think they're just seeing things.
6. 1
7. D
>>
>>17502893

1. 30

2. Not really

3. Nah unless you count energy? I mean we just go back to the state before we were born... Nothing

4. When I was younger I stayed up late at night with my pc (fapping a lot). One time mid cap, felt thus finger just dig deep on the right side of my spine. Pc in my room... No one else in there but me. Maybe muscle spasm... Maybe 7th guest?

5. personally no, but I read all of your shitt greenbelt nope stories.

6. Wut?

7. D for sure. Science even pointed out a certain frequency\music note that give people heeby jeebies. You hear that shot in scary movies all the time, and it also naturally occurs quite often
>>
>>17502893

2.Yes
3.Yes
4.Yes, I was around 8-10 years old, my parents put me to bed, while laying there for some time trying to fall asleep, i suddenly heard this very loud and deep breathing next to me on the side of the bed. I screamed for my parents, once my parents opened the door the breathing stopped. Haven't heard it since. I still, to this day do not know what i heard.
5.Yes. He saw and hear stuff in his house. Mostly audio haunting but nothing physical.
6. I've had about 4
7.A and I also believe B.
>>
1. 23
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Heard a door close by itself in my grandmother's house. General feeling of being unwelcome, especially on the second floor which was uninhabited. While working in an old theatre I was touched, heard a voice and a door open and close with nobody around upon investigation, and heard banging in the catwalks (these were separate occasions.)
5. Yes, including my mom who saw two full body apparitions. Several friends at the theatre saw an apparition in the catwalks and another had a chair thrown at him while he was in the shop. Another friend has told me that there is an entity in his apartment that appeared as a red orb on camera and who showed me a video of a toy doll activating and deactivating on its own. (The thing said "Hi there!" when he and his friend walked into the room. His friend then said "let's smash it" and it said "bye-bye!" and stopped. They never touched it.)
6. Five personal experiences that I remember and can't easily explain away.
7. Yes to A, B, C, D. Yes to E as well (demons or other inhuman entities)
>>
1. 27
2. Yes
3. Sure.
4. Nah, not really.
5. Yep, my friend experienced a lot of ghostly shadow person nonsense when he was in high school.
6. Refer to 4.
7. E because I have no earthly idea.
>>
>>17502893
>1. How old are you?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes. Multiple times. Ive personally seen ghosts, Extra Dimensional beings, shadow people, etc etc
>5. Do you personally know anyone who claims to have experienced supernatural activity?
Explain.
Yes. I know a man who claimed he saw a leprechaun. ANother man from the same city who claimed he saw a mob chase an actual vampire, and another man from the same town who once saw a native american spirit floating on the wall in the corner of his bedroom. Also more.
12-20 that I can not just wave off
>E. Other _______
A, B, C, D
>>
1. 18
2. Not necessarily
3. No
4. It might not have been supernatural but once I was in a forest smoking with some friends and then something was making a sound that sounded like a hiss but when I confronted it, it hissed more agressively. We ran away and only encountered it once more close to the place it happened initially.
5. Yes. A few friends were with me at '4' and they also told me stories of encountering witches
6. 4
7. A
>>
>20
>No
>yes
>Seen shadows in corners of eyes and awoken by screaming in an otherwise empty house once.
>know a guy at work who shortly after a suicide apparently saw the guy in the house he lived in when they were worki on it(this colleague of mine is 40 ish)
>D or E psychological disturbance of some kind
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.