[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with not wanting to be liberated from conditioned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: download (13).jpg (29 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
29 KB, 191x263
What's wrong with not wanting to be liberated from conditioned existence? What's wrong with wanting to stay comfy down here, practicing the good however I can. knowing that ultimately the nature of reality is pure, luminous emptiness and that it's gonna be okay, always has been okay?
>>
>>17505604
What's wrong with not wanting people to make stupid, useless threads? What's wrong with asking for a little actual thought and effort put into these things?
>>
Nobody has said it is wrong, we all walk our own paths nobody is telling you to do anything.
>>
Because if the proles find out that the physical universe is all that is, that there is nothing beyond their own lives, their situation will be intolerable. For thousands of years the ruling classes have benefited from the transcendental hopes of the masses, that they would merely have to suffer through this life and all its hardships and receive eternal reward in the afterlife.

Without this hope, the masses will be forced to confront the full reality of their situation with nothing to alleviate it. Suddenly, everything matters, and life isn't merely some sort of test or temporary state, but the totality of one's existence. Priests would be hung for their lies and rulers dethroned. We can't have that, it isn't good for business.
>>
>>17505604
You'll go in hell one day or another,try burning your hand for a few seconds then imagine billions of years you'll have the answer you search for.
>>
>>17505607
I put thought into it. The question is: if I understand the mechanism of suffering, if I can live as good a life as I possibly can, what's wrong with wanting to stay down here? I love my family, my friends, music, food, nature, other cultures, etc. Sure I'll have to die but why can't I just spend eternity being in the world but not of it?

>>17505613
Why would I go to hell if I still practice the good?
>>
>>17505630
>Why would I go to hell if I still practice the good?
Nothing in samsara is permanent except impermanence.
>>
>>17505635
You're saying given enough time I'll eventually end up in a hell realm? Fair enough
>>
>>17505604
>stay comfy down here

Pretty sure this is the problem. We aren't comfy down here.
>>
>>17505608
this desu senpai
>>
>>17505604
there's no right or wrong in it at all. It's just that you will continue to suffer, and you will continue to promote suffering for others in your life. so i mean, that's not wrong, that's just kinda shitty. do what thou wilt.
>>
>>17505630
> if I understand the mechanism of suffering

that's a really big if.

if you understood the mechanism of suffering, you would understand how futile it is to try to achieve happiness from worldly things. It's possible to enjoy such worldly things without indulging in them, and more often than not spending most of your time and energy on things that are unnecessary will eventually lead you to forget that they are unnecessary.

i mean, hell. our fundamental nature is buddha, so strictly speaking, we all already understand how these things work. look at the state of the world with all of these people not acting like enlightened beings.
>>
>>17505744
I don't mean hanging back for sum fuk, but staying here to just experience, live, love, enjoy life without becoming too attached to it.
>>
>>17505786
absolutely my friend! that's why we all came here!

however, it does sound like what you're describing is an attachment to love and life and the wonderful experiences of the world.

it's funny, we have a way of getting attached to everything. attached to our practice, attached to our desire for enlightenment, even attachment to our non attachment. I'm guilty of it.
>>
File: second-coming-icon-detail01sm.jpg (65 KB, 513x325) Image search: [Google]
second-coming-icon-detail01sm.jpg
65 KB, 513x325
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
>>
"There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God."

http://www.earlyjewishwritings.com/text/ecclesiastes.html

OP, I would say this above scripture from the famous Book of Ecclesiastics is just about all we can attain of this life. The way that I live my life is everything I do is due to the attainment of the next life, and everything I think is a treasure of this world is a precursor to the world to come, and the fruits of my devotion to the life to come, and the abstinence of the things of this world.

Just love, that would be my advice for any sort of thread of this nature. Love, and love to love. The forces facilitating the conditioning of this world are in the hand of God, and whether their end is destruction or life, God determines these matters. Trust in this.
>>
>>17505816
Yeah I know I want to have my cake and eat it too but A) the dharmakaya scares the shit out of me even though o know it is pure unconditional love and B) love is the path, so it's weird to have to also turn your back on everything, though I understand why
>>
>>17505831
Thanks m8 p much my view on this
>>
>>17505738
>>
>>17505604
nothing

that's your right as a human being

sooner or later you may find that it's not ultimately fulfilling and then you will begin seeking liberation

take all the time you need

do all that you need/want to do

it's a big wondrous game

you are loved anon
>>
File: Timexspace is my OTP.jpg (136 KB, 392x640) Image search: [Google]
Timexspace is my OTP.jpg
136 KB, 392x640
>>17505835
If you clench your asshole it's only gonna block your energy exchange.

Don't fear, ever again. When you are afraid, imagine a terrifying demon who represents your fear. and then imagine that demon going into hell and wrecking shit, saving people who may or may not be you at some point.

When you are afraid and you know your fear personally, he isn't a bad guy he's just wanting to protect what is precious to him.

If everything become precious to you, your fear will become strong, but your fear will become an awesome buddhist demon friend. He's always been a buddhist demon, who decided that he'd take the fun job of tempering our soft little souls with the terror of the end.

And infinity can't exactly be divided by zero, it can't really be stopped, it will just be. Father time and mother void love us because we were created from their love.
We must not fear the outside or the unknown, because what we see here is the greatest preparation for what is to come.

you either learn or you die from alzheimers. This is god's love. If it's anything else it's not getting you all the stat boosts to your confidence.

If you are loving something, you do it better generally. You can make yourself love any situation or circumstance with enough willpower.
>>
>>17505604
Nothing wrong with it except everything is most certainly not ok. This is a fallen world even with its comforts and pleasures
>>
>>17506190
>>17506219

Esoteric stuff is beautiful but it does inadvertently fuel weird guilt complexes that I haven't rooted out yet

Great posts guys thanks
>>
File: bayy sloth.gif (1011 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bayy sloth.gif
1011 KB, 500x281
>>17506263
God doesn't get angry, even if Kala Bhairava and Kali Ma are scary as heck. They kill us all when we die, lol. They give us stuff if we remember them, like D&D powers. Except this D&D the classes are like Poor person, rich person, religious rich person, crazy person (religious poor person).

Don't get guilt because guilt is useless. Guilding is putting a thin layer of decorative gold on something. Do you need to guilt your strawberry or do you want to see the redness of it's flesh before you bite down? Do you need a gold toilet? Did you need to make a gold wig for yourself?

Stop guilting because it makes you look luxurious at everyone's expense. Including you.
All thoughts are actions, like pokemon moves, if you could only know four, would "Guilt self" be one of them?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.