[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream question / help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: c1.jpg (25 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
25 KB, 400x266
So I've been having a recurring nightmare for a while now, and it's definitely not normal for me. Was hoping someone might have advice who's into that sort of thing.

I'm swimming in my school pool, in front of hundreds, and when I climb out I realize I forgot my swimsuit, and I'm naked. All the guys are pointing and whistling and laughing and stuff. Nothing weird there, everyone has those dreams.

But what happens is that I realize I'm made of glass of crystal, and my body is perfectly smooth and translucent, and all the people around me keep trying to touch me, and I know that If they touch me or grab me, I'll shatter and smash and i'll die. it's terrifying, so i''m running naked through the halls trying to get out, and people everywhere are chasing me and trying to cause me to trip or crash into a wall and make me shatter.
>>
You've become fearful of something involving your outer image.
>>
>>17454668
>>17454668
>people

this is the key element, here. A multitude of people (often men, sometimes 'dark' men) as well as a group of animals (dogs, wolves, cats) is a common symbol of the Animus archetype.

Both genders have these nightmares, very common. It's reoccurring in the same way because you are TRYING to understand it, therefore your unconscious mind knows you 'got the message' somehow and is still trying to push it. Like a kid who is always ignored and then they say a cuss word and their mother finally stops to yell at them - now that word is pretty much all the kid says.

The animus doesn't represent men or masculinity, it represents reductive reason and is complimentary to the Anima, which represents holistic reason.

The other big symbol in your dream is the shell, or glass body, which like clothes, mirrors, mannequins, and dolls almost always represents the Persona archetype, part of the ego triad in Jungian psychology. Jung and Freud had a falling out, but Jung kept a lot of Freud's ideas: the Persona is the Superego, the Shadow is the Id.

In this case, you KNOW, reductively, that your persona is fragile, that it's prone to shatter if people confront you about it, and so you avoid it and are afraid of letting logic and evidence near you. Basically, an lack of balance in your personality common to all nightmares.

Next time you have this dream, confront the animus archetype and let go of your fear. So what if your persona shatters? That's what it's there for. You are not your persona, you're more than that, and so on.
>>
>>17454668
Dreams go here, n00b. >>17403356
>>
>>17454722
That is astoundingly interesting! thankyou for everything.

Only a few times in the dream has part of me shattered, and it's an overwhelmingly frightening and negative feeling upon awakening, so I certainly don't know if i can bring myself to let it happen. Once it was my arm being pulled, and it comes off at the shoulder and breaks, and another time i'm struck in the chest and my breasts shatter.
>>
>>17454763
i guess i would suggest saying to yourself "this isn't me" and "I'm not made of glass" and refuse to accept it. Maybe even say this to the animus crowd of people chasing you. It's scary, but I know many people have reversed nightmares and talk about it, sometimes in concert with ideas about lucid dreaming or self hypnosis, meditation, relaxation techniques.

Confronting your nightmare will work. Tell yourself they can't hurt you, you are not made of glass, and understand the unconscious message.

Remember: the only thing you should ever be afraid of is letting fear control you.
>>
>>17454775
I would like to add one important thing: Please remember to be afraid of bees. They can sting you and it really hurts, so look out.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.