[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody have any stories or facts about the "deep web"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1262418852135.jpg (63 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
1262418852135.jpg
63 KB, 299x300
Does anybody have any stories or facts about the "deep web" to share? I know very little outside of some youtube videos I've watched and something about it creeps me out so I'd love to hear more
>>
>>17467974
They have some cool videos that are often shot by horror fanatics trying to creep people out but other than that the deep web doesn't offer too much.

After browsing it a bit it wore off on me as 90% of the shit posted there is fake ads regarding bitcoin, illegal activities, etc.

If you're interested in the horror videos available go nuts and try to find some of them, they're not that difficult to find.

It's hard to tell whats real and whats fake on the deep web so keep that in mind when you hear things about the red rooms and other things similar to those.
>>
>>17467985
I am just interested in the creepy stuff like that, I really don't want anything to do with illegal or nasty stuff. I may check it out sometime. Is there any danger to just looking for creepy stuff like that?
>>
>>17468056
There will always be a danger looking at shit on the deep web but you're more likely to get a virus than a swat raid conducted on your home.

However, do note that your curiosity will most likely get the best of you one day and you'll delve into shit you probably didn't mean to look at.
>>
>>17467974
I spent like a week on there. I didn't go too deep but the most unnerving things are the cp communities (not just sharing but potentially creating it...) and the hitmen.

I don't know about the red rooms, if for no other reason than because everything on the deep web is so slow I don't see how you could watch a stream.
>>
>>17468056
Not particularly. If you don't stay on the site too long and most definitely don't download anything or create an account then you should be fine. Sorry to say that even on the deep web communites are pretty private and require you to establish that you're "one of them."
>>
>>17468115
>I don't know about the red rooms, if for no other reason than because everything on the deep web is so slow I don't see how you could watch a stream.

First anon to respond here.

Red Rooms supposedly give you their own program(s) for the streaming and don't stream through the same nodes that things like the TOR browser use.
>>
>>17468135
Oh, well that makes more sense...
>>
>>17468146
Yeah, streaming through the deep web isn't exactly safe or efficient so Red Rooms give you their own shit for the stream.
>>
Beyond using Tor, what are good safety measures for browsing deep web?
>>
Any anons have stories of their creepy/unsettling deep web encounters or legends that you may have read?
>>
It's not even creepy. It's just youtube clickbait.
>>
>>17468149
What's unsafe about it ?
>>
>>17468620
Yes. Don't get caught.
>>
>>17468620
Never go fullscreen in any video you watch on the DW.. EVER .. Im not sure exactly why but i know you arent supposed to do it. Also never click that twitter button! Yes nf
>>
>>17469417
>ways to get caught
>>
>>17469417
Damn now I am interested, what about the button and does anybody know why you shouldn't fullscreen?
>>
>>17468620

Buy a gun
>>
>>17469511
...As in, buy a gun BEFORE viewing it heavily. Not "buy one on the deep web."
>>
>>17469465
Also curious about this.
So does anybody have any deep web stories?
>>
>>17469465
It's just because it gives information about your screen size which along with other identifying information could be used to fingerprint you, it's not like a fatal mistake or anything
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.