[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scary Shit at Roundtree park
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_2136.jpg (926 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2136.jpg
926 KB, 1632x1224
lright /b/ros, Pic is related.
Some freaky shit happened. Here is some background. I am a student at VCU studying biology. I'm currently taking an ornithology class about birds and I have to take pictures of them every week and post it on a website. I'm currently in Northern VA for spring break. Sorry if my story is long, but lets begin. (This JUST happened and IS 100% true.)

So, I get to Roundtree park in Fairfax County today around 3:30pm, Sunday, March 13, 2016 To take pictures of birds. I see that the trail is closed off due to a broken bridge that goes over a stream and go on a newly made detour, so I decided to say fuck it and go around the closure, and continue on the main trail. A little walk down the trail and I find stepping stones. They are about 10 across and are there for when it floods. I thought to myself kinda cool and stepped across them. I then decide to venture off and follow the stream. The water is super high since it is raining. Since streams lead to bigger bodies of water I followed it hoping to find some stupid ass ducks or some shit type of bird. After about a 25-minute follow, this stream led to a massive reservoir, I'm guessing it was around 5 feet deep. You could definitely swim in it on a hot day and it has a beach area to chill on. I am now beginning to feel a really fucking eerie feeling. Like something is watching me. I look to my right, see nothing then, I look up to my left and I see a birdhouse. This isn’t a small shitty small birdhouse, but a real experimental birdhouse placed there by someone doing scientific research. I move closer to the birdhouse slowly and see that it obviously been pried open on the bottom. These birdhouses are normally super fucking sturdy and it takes fucking strength to open the bottom. I am guessing a bear or something strong as fuck tried to open that shit, cause you can see claw marks on it. This doesn't really scare me.
>>
File: IMG_2142.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2142.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
OP back,
As I look straight after examining the birdhouse I see a staircase. (A metal fucking staircase in the middle of the woods with nothing around it.) I’m guessing it was used as a Hunting stand or some shit, but its missing the top of part of the staircase. I know my creepy pastas, and fuck that shit I did NOT go close to it, I continued to go left parallel to the reservoir and keeping my distance from the staircase. As I continue parallel to the left down the stream, and past the staircase, I spot a couple ducks, so I whip out my I-phone and take pictures of them. At least point a REALLY strong breeze flows through the forest and I see a womanly figure about 40 yards ahead of me, walking ungodly fast through the brush. It was like her feet were walking, but she was gliding across the ground. I can’t see her face. She was wearing a black trench jacket and walking as fast as some people sprint. At this point I’m a little scared, but more drawn back at the fact that there is another person a mile or a mile and a half in the forest. Since I don’t want any problems I stayed quiet, crouched, and tried to use my phone. BUT NOPE shit is dead. I fully charged it BEFORE I went out today and am dumbfounded. As the persons figure starts to slowly fade away, I try again to turn on my phone, and it turns on, with 82% battery. I just don’t understand this. I never had battery problems before but TODAY my phone is being a bitch. I continue to go left parallel to the stream find a path and a hill about 200 feet tall. I decide to snap a picture of it. It looked beautifully creepy.
>>
File: IMG_2146.jpg (675 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2146.jpg
675 KB, 1632x1224
OP back again,
The hill casted a shadow even there was no sun out today. I look at the picture under the gallery then I look at my I-phones battery and it says 78%. I start to follow the trail up the hill. As I'm walking up the hill, the forest is gets darker, every step I am taking it seems that less and less light is coming through the clouds. The sounds of the raindrops hitting the leaves are slowly fading. I can breathe, but I cannot hear my own breathes being taken in, and the sound of my heartbeat is getting louder and louder.
I reach the top of the hill, and my heartbeat is now the only thing I can hear. All the sounds of the forest are drowned, and it seems like its 8:30pm at night. I am deaf. I try clapping, and no sound is made. As soon as I realize that I am deaf I know my adrenaline kicks in and I'm in shock at this point. I pull my phone to try to play music to see if I'm deaf and my phone is dead again. I tried to turn it on three fucking times and the piece of shit does not turn on. I put it back in my pocket, I look forward and I see three shed like houses in a horizontal linear formation about 20 yards ahead of me on this hill, and I smell a rotten fowl smell. It smelt of dogs shit, rotten chicken, with a very putrid sour aroma. The only senses I have at this time are my smell and my sight. I look at the middle shed, and the woman walks from behind it. Her hood is covering her eyes and noes, and all I see is a slight grin with her teeth showing. At this point bros, I am about to shit my pants and I quickly run down the trail back to the bottom of this hill. As I am running, the forest gets brighter, the sounds of raindrops hitting leaves are back, I can hear my own breathes and I can hear birds. I look back at the hill to see if this bitch is following me but she is nowhere to be seen.
>>
OP back finally,
I continue to sprint through the brush tripping and falling for about 10 minutes following the stream back, I start laughing because every 8th or 9th step I’m falling so I felt safe so walked the rest of it back to closure of the trail. Can someone please explain to me what the fuck happened? I even turned my phone on back on when I got into my car. It was at 68% but no photo of the hill. My phone has been working fine this afternoon. I don’t know what I saw. I don’t know if It was a homeless person or an apparition but I’m spooked the fuck out. I’ll put the pictures I have up now.

Again. Sorry for the long read. But this shit happened 7 hours ago and I'm still spooked.
>>
1. This isn't /b/ its /x/
2. Greentext faggot.
3. Please cont'
>>
File: sideways.png (268 KB, 1041x650) Image search: [Google]
sideways.png
268 KB, 1041x650
+ Camera phones store orientation in .exif
+ 4chan strips .exif
+ pics end up being posted oriented weird ways

One Solution: Open pics in M$Paint, save oriented correctly as new named pic, post that pic. -M$Paint doesn't use .exif for orientation, 4chan posts pic correctly
>>
>>17465692
Sup bro. I was at VCU too
>>
>>17465692
Nig I live in Prince William. Near where you are. Why did you not take picture of staircase? Come on
>>
>>17465715
will do next time. Just fucking spooked.
>>
>>17465740
If you want to come with me, you can take a picture of it. I will not go back there alone.
>>
>>17465711
some sauce
>>
OP, there are some known weird and freaky shits going on in roundtree do some research, ghosts, cults, all that good stuff
>>
>>17465758
OP here,
Are you fucking serious?! Can you give me sauce?
>>
OP, i'm from around there alot is hearsay but check it out http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/21188/21188.html "

"The Banshee" sounds alot like what you saw
>>
>>17465782
OP here, spooky man... She mad me deaf for a minute. It was too real...
>>
OP, can I ask you a question?
>>
>>17465848
yes
>>
>>17465883
do she succ
>>
>>17465883
Finally a /x/ worthy thread. Do you have more photos OP?
>>
>>17465935
Really wish I did, If I ever go back to Roundtree I'll bring a friends, with another phone!
>>
>>17465943
Hey, I have a better idea. Listen, since you say your electronics fail every time you get near "it" why don't you bring a disposable camera as backup? I mean, its been awhile since I see one but o guess they're still for sale?
>>
>>17465955
Good Idea, I'll definitely get one for the next time.
>>
Never in my life have I seen such blatant and unskilled samefagging
>>
>>17465732
Well put.
>>
>>17465704
Y u so good at that
>>
>>17465782
>sounds alot like what you saw

>sounds
>saw
>>
>>17465732
It's a good way to get to the point with no walls of text, you autistic baby boomer fag.
>>
>>17465955
>>17466041
Well, even disposable cameras often times have batteries. I'd say try and find a straight analog camera. You can find old SLR cameras with manual shutter and film crank at most thrift stores for usually the same price as a disposable.
>>
>>17465692

>in college
>uses /b/

What's it like to be a big fat liar, OP? Or if you're telling the truth, what's it like to be developmentally delayed?
>>
>>17467059
> Baby boomers
> Thinking their opinion matters
>>
>>17466968
He probably deleted it himself after being called an "autistic baby boomer fag", just like any thin-skinned filthy baby boomer would.
>>
>>17465697
>I see a staircase. (A metal fucking staircase in the middle of the woods with nothing around it.)

Oh FFS

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h
>>
>>17467543
>leddit
Nope
>>
>>17467548
Yeah well I didn't feel like pastebining it

http://pastebin.com/keuA9gUZ

The staircase thing is curious
>>
>>17467060
OP back again.
Thanks I definitely will, It's just the trail at Roundtree has forever spooked me the fuck out. I don't even want to return, whether it was an actual homeless lady or an aspiration i DO NOT wanna return.
>>
>>17467061
Come to roundtree park with me then fag. I'll show you the staircase, but you can walk up the hill alone and find those sheds. Don't know what is in there and DON'T wanna find out.
>>
>>17467553
It was a staircase, probably used for hunting, no top part was there. And it was not connected to a tree, just a fucking staircase. Looks like it was inserted into the ground. Don't know how it was.
>>
File: no.png (34 KB, 1170x191) Image search: [Google]
no.png
34 KB, 1170x191
Well, This is interesting.
>>
I'm in NoVa did you go back yet. get me pictures of the ghostman.
>>
>>17467543
>>17467553
holy shit these stories are spoop69, why doesnt anyone know about the random stair cases in the middle of nowhere?
>>
File: 8384048483.png (316 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
8384048483.png
316 KB, 500x558
Dr Pavel I'm SAR
>>
>>17467553
>stairs innawoods meme
oh lawd
>>
did she have nice tits op
>>
>>17468037
I am back in richmond cause our spring break ended today. If you wanna go back, I will be back easter weekend. We can go together if you like.
>>
>>17468156
Don't know, don't wanna find out. If it happens that it is a homeless woman, I'm sure shes a 1/10 wouldNOTberryMyDickInIT
>>
>>17467588
I can't say I blame you. I wouldn't want to go back either. That's some "Mama" sounding shit.
>>
>>17469910
an aspiration
LOL
>>
>>17470268
OP back,
Not the best speller. But I try. :)
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.